Marvel/DC Martial Arts Tournament (Round 1) - DC Division, Slots 5-8

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

azndrgn
Welcome comic fans to the Marvel/DC Martial Arts Tournament! Come cheer on 32 of the best martial artists from the Marvel and DC universes as they compete for the title of Marvel/DC Martial Arts Champion! The tournament will be held in Madison Square Garden. Will YOUR favorite fighter be crowned the best? It's up to you and the rest of the fans' votes in the polls!

Tournament Rules (***PLEASE READ CAREFULLY AND MAKE SURE YOU UNDERSTAND WHEN CONSIDERING THE WINNER OF EACH FIGHT):
1. Fighters will battle using hand-to-hand combat ONLY.
2. Fighters are NOT allowed to use ANY artificial means of improving his/her chances of winning a fight. This includes mutant powers (energy blasts, telepathy/telekinesis, intangibilty, healing, etc.), weapons and any items capable of augmenting strength, speed, fighting ability, etc.
3. Any fights that may call for an exception to Rule #2 will be decided by myself and fully explained in the post for that fight.
4. Fighters will battle in their default costumes, thus they will not have any more armor than they regularly do.
5. The fights will take place on a raised rectangular platform that is a little less than the size of a regulation basketball court, so the fighters will have more than enough room to fight.
6. A fighter can win in 1 of 2 ways: (1) Battle until the opponent says, "I give up" (2) Knock the opponent off the platform
7. Always keep Rules 1 and 2 in mind. The tournament's purpose is to determine the character who fights best when given nothing else.
8. VOTE in the polls! The only way your favorite fighter can advance is if you vote for him/her. If you only comment, but don't vote, the poll cannot tell the difference. Also, the polls will allow multiple selections, so only vote for who you think is the winner of each fight. I will finalize the results for each round when enough votes have been gathered.

THANK YOU FOR PARTICIPATING AND I HOPE YOUR FIGHTER IS CROWNED THE CHAMPION!

Since their are 16 DC fighters and the polls allow a maximum of 10 choices, here are the Slot 5-8 battles

5. Robin vs Master Kirigi

6. Cassandra Cain vs Catwoman

7. Drakon vs Azrael

8. Nightwing vs Connor Hawke

***All fights were chosen by random drawing

azndrgn
Tell your friends. Keep it going! AAAGGHH!

Kento
Poor Dick, and Tim. They have no chance it looks like.

azndrgn
I voted for Nightwing...

Kento
Lol I think it be easier to make a thread for each fight. It's cool, and all but the way it is you can only vote on person yet there are like four fights.

And I would have voted Nightwing but for some reason I picked Azrael. ^^; Which brought up the first part of my post.

azndrgn
Weren't you allowed to make multiple selections?

azndrgn
Oh, never mind

azndrgn
I think enough people will vote that it'll balance in the end

Kento
Yea probably. How long will these threads go on before the next round is chosen?

azndrgn
Probably til late tomorrow evening. IF enough votes have been collected by then. And people don't drive me crazy w/ "can he or she use this..." questions

Kento
lol Batgirl is so far ahead of Selina it's not funny. To bad I like Selina better...though she still wouldn't win.

azndrgn
Yeah, Batgirl is goin' CRAZY on Catwoman's butt!

Kento
all my favorites are loosing lol thats not fair.

azndrgn
Check tomorrow. Hopefully a lot of people will participate...

Kento
lol actually they shouldn't be winning next to Dick. Selina would loose to Cain...then again I don't know who the guy is fighting Tim.

demigawd
Drakon is a bad ass....no way he should be losing to Azarel. Drakon took out a fully armed Ollie AND Conner. My guess is that nobody knows who Drakon is.

Kento
Well Ollie isn't a great HTH combatant...just good with bow and arrow.

azndrgn
Azrael looks like he can dish out some pain too though

azndrgn
I was told and from a little research that Green Arrow's son was better at martial arts than his dad

demigawd
Yeah, Conner is probably top five in DC. Drakon took him AND his dad out at the SAME TIME. They were armed, too. He wasn't.

Kento
Yea. I heard that to. HTH combat goes to his son but Bow and arrow goes to Ollie.

azndrgn
THANK YOU EVERYONE WHO HAS VOTED SO FAR ON THIS THREAD! SPREAD THE WORD! rock

azndrgn
No votes for Catwoman as Batgirl continues to whoop her

azndrgn
If this tournament existed in real life, the fight I'd like to see most from this group would be Nightwing vs Connor Hawke. In real life I think this fight would be closer than the polls indicate

azndrgn
LOL, absolutely NO love for Catwoman. If I make another tournament I'll probably sub another female fighter in her spot

demigawd
Batgirl is just THAT good. I expect to see her in the DC semi-finals, if there's any justice.

azndrgn
Yeah from what I've researched on her I was quite impressed. Especially at the fact that she has been the only person to defeat Shiva (correct?)

demigawd
Correct. There were extenuating circumstances that call for a re-match, but officially, yes, she did it.

azndrgn
LOL, somebody's causin' waves...a vote for catwoman!

demigawd
haha...someone gave a mercy vote.

azndrgn
Batgirl's representin'

azndrgn
ATTENTION ALL FANS WHO HAVE YET TO VOTE ON THIS POLL AND PLAN ON DOING SO. PLEASE TAKE THE TIME TO READ THE 1ST POST IN THIS THREAD. YOU ARE ALLOWED TO MAKE MULTIPLE SELECTIONS IN THE POLL, SO SELECT THE WINNER OF EACH FIGHT THAT WAS LAID OUT IN THE 1ST POST OF THIS THREAD! DO NOT SELECT WHO YOU THINK IS THE BEST FIGHTER OUT OF THE ENTIRE GROUP!!! AS WRITTEN IN THE 1ST POST, THE 8 FIGHTERS WERE PAIRED AND THE 4 WINNERS WILL GO ON TO MEET THE 4 WINNERS FROM THE OTHER SLOTS WITHIN THE DIVISION. THIS IS THE WHOLE CONCEPT OF A TOURNAMENT

azndrgn
TO MAKE SURE I AM CLEAR ABOUT HOW YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO VOTE: THE POLL SHOWS 8 FIGHTERS. IN THE 1ST POST OF THIS THREAD YOU WILL SEE HOW THESE FIGHTERS WERE PAIRED. YOU ARE ONLY SUPPOSED TO PICK 4 CHOICES, THE WINNERS OF EACH BATTLE

LordFear
can someone tell me who Drakon is and what has he accomplished cuz I picked the other dude.

azndrgn
I saw Drakon's profile on the website www.spider-bob.com I can't remember where I saw Azrael, but he should be on the website too

azndrgn
Looks like Batgirl may be the only "Bat person" to make it outta the 1st round if the votes maintain the trend they're currently in

Kento
lol Azrael was Bats at one time. So he could count as one.

azndrgn
VOTING ON ROUND 1 WINNERS WILL NO LONGER BE ACCEPTED. PLEASE PROCEED TO VOTING IN THE MARVEL/DC ROUND 2 THREADS I HAVE ALREADY POSTED. THANK YOU!

eleveninches
Originally posted by azndrgn
I was told and from a little research that Green Arrow's son was better at martial arts than his dad Still, he's no match for nightwing.

Bah, FOOLS!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.