Are you a newbie?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BackFire
You know, as I browse through the forums I see many arguments being had. Most of which consist of dumbfounded remarks, and very often I'll see someone pull out the infamously idiotic "well you're a newbie, so you don't know what you're talking about!". There are many modifications to this statement. Sometimes the word newbies is spelled in that "Uber Leet" way "n00b", or sometimes in numerous other ways that makes the person using the word look absolutely stupid. Anyways.... most people seem to use this argument when they have no concrete argument or when they are trying to prove their own questionable credibility. So I thought up of some ways to tell if you are a newbie, and if you are not.

Also, I notice alot that the people who are calling others "newbies" have only been here a matter of months, or sometimes even weeks. If you have been here less then a year, then you have no right to call anyone a newbie. Especially if you've only been here since like december.

1. If you use the defense of "I've been here longer then you have, therefor I know more then you do" then you are a newbie at heart. You are trying to prove yourself and reassure yourself of your intelengence (or lack there of) by trying to judge a person by something as stupid as the amount of time they've been on a message board. Not only are you an amatuer if you do this, but you're also a complete moron.

2. If you've ever called someone a "n00b" or any of the other lame geekish ways there are to call someone an amatuer, then you may not be a newbie, but you are stupid and need to read a book and realize that numbers are not used in words. It's a very old concept that even kindergardeners that grasp, why some geeks can't grasp it, I'll never know.

3. If you ask "how do I become a mod" you are an amatuer.

4. If you try to prove yourself by blindly challenging a mods decisions and/or power, then you are an insecure amatuer desperate for attention.

5. If you care about being called a 'newbie' then you are one.

Those are the main ones. Hope these helped you all who were confused about this. Feel free to add more

lil bitchiness
What irritates me the most is when people go to a welcome forum and post all kinds of pictures ''kill all n00bs'' type instead of welcoming them.

iluvpippin
i've neva seen that but thats rude!

i slayed buffy
wot a sad ass

lil bitchiness
Im talking about pics like this in the welcome forum in a thread that a new member has made.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=1333016

leatherface12
Thats not nice. They wouldnt want someone to do that to them when they joined.

i slayed buffy
thats sad as i mean if peps had dun that 2 me wen i first came i wodnt hav stayed at kmc but i had the nice peps first!

Dvae
if you think i'm gonna read that, backfire

you are greatly mistaken no

Vampiree
*points to self* i'ma n00b! big grin i'll be one till i die, really...

BarmyBrummie
vampy, we are gonna be here forever so eventually, we won't be newbs anymore big grin id say when we are about 85 our newb status will be gone big grin

total metalhead
i agree whole-heartedly. we were all newbies once (most of us still are). its really little more than a prejudice to hold something like that against someone you dont even know.

Vampiree
I'm gonna be a n00b till i die, abby! *hugs her n00by self*

BarmyBrummie
laughing out loud

Tex
BF has gone all Oprah on us! stick out tongue

loserib
im a newbie really have not been here to long at all

Linkalicious
If your bicycle has a gun rack on it........you might be a red neck

yerssot
I call newbies n00bs most of the time ... cause the first time I was one, they used the term n00b and not newbie big grin

that was some nice trivia huh? *yawns*

SumWatTwisted
lol laughing

Linkalicious
i just say nub....4 letters is wayyyy to many to type

Daedalus
Well said BackFire. big grin

cLoVi€
i am a n00b yes

BakaXero
i still think of myself a noob
and i find it funny when people who joined after me calling someone a noob especialy the ones that joined last month

shellie
im a newbie & everyone that has talked w/ me has been very nice . happy

ladygrim
im newish haven't been on here long but i have been on here everyday aasince iregisted

BakaXero
i love being a newbie

JediHDM
I will admit, i am a newb...and i will admit i have called others newbs out of dire exasperation at their outlandishly simple questions...forgive me...

BackFire
Glad to see people enjoying an old post of mine.

lil bitchiness
It aint that old....stick out tongue

BackFire
March is old.

cLoVi€
newbie bunny newbie bunny newbie bunny newbie bunny

BackFire
Thank you for proving the point of my original post Clovie

cLoVi€
i'm a newbie stick out tongue

i've never said i'm not

i'm unmature and all this whole crap. laughing out loud

Smiling_Sadly
NEWBIES rock my world!!!! rock

could be that i myself am still an "n00b"

were u really bored when u thot of this? mutsa been!!! big grin

Korri
im a newbie thumb up

Smiling_Sadly
really? thats kool!

Sacrifise666
yeah im a newbie.

Rogue Jedi
a lot of drama goes on here. there are a few members who are bad about starting it.

realworlddreams
i ono...depends on who im talkin to...im not a noob to the matrix forum...only been here a few months tho...in KMC history tho, i am a noob...o well

DeNiro
Who really cares if you are a "newbie" or not because what do you get when you become a vet member some sort of prize because then i might be worried about it but just to say hey im not a noob is kinda stupid.

Moo Cow
i think this thread should be bumped in light of the fact that alot of people have lately been calling others n00bs and not being members for more than 3 months, and then on top of that go around 'busting" people new to KMC.
And I think maybe, Ush's "Welcome to our friendly community" should be changed to "Welcome to our mostly friendly community with the exeption of the ones that run around bashing newbies" erm

Royal Knight
that is trueyes

Dr. Strangelove
Agree, I wonder who's been doing that?

*cough noobusters or as I like to call them "the most pathetic gang and thread in the history of civilization" cough*

SlipknoT
I'm in it, but I havent done jack shit laughing out loud It's just Stormy Day that goes out and bashes "newbies." I just joined becasue I was bored

RaventheOnly
laughing out loud laughing laughing out loud nice laughing out loud

Dr. Strangelove
Yeah your innocent from what I remember from reading that thread.

You better be bored at that time, if you take part in a thread where you start a gang on a message board to harrass newbies. laughing out loud

It's pretty sad if anybody in that thread wasn't bored.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.