Thanos goes after Doom's Power Gem (scenario)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

demigawd
Thought it would be fun to create a battle scenario between KMC's #1 and #2 characters.

After Titania loses the power gem in She-Hulk, Doom suddenly appears and claims the gem for his own. He teleports back to his castle to study the gem and learn how to harness its power to the fullest.

Meanwhile, Thanos convinces the Living Tribunal to overturn his judgement that the gems won't work in unison anymore. Now free to re-assemble the Gauntlet, Thanos begins his quest to re-assemble the gems.

Pip turns out to be a double-agent and teleports to Doom to tell him that Thanos is going to come to Earth soon to get the power gem. Doom estimates that it gives him about two weeks to prepare.

Two weeks later, Thanos has collected all the gems but one - the power gem. His sensors tell him it's on earth, but he doesn't know who currently owns it . He ponders bringing the gems with him for extra power, but, "it's only earth, this shouldn't be difficult". He goes alone.

Doom, who has installed cameras and warning systems all over, and has been preparing for the last two weeks, is inside his castle, having achieved full mastery of the power gem, with all the magic, technology and Doombots he could gather at his disposal.

Thanos, now on Earth finally traces the energy signature to Doom's castle. He then realizes that it's probably in Doom's possession and figures, "That probably means he's got some crap in store for me", but is confident that it won't make a difference, so only has the time between realizing that's Castle Doom and entering Castle Doom to prepare.

What happens next? Does Thanos get the power gem? Does Doom drive back Thanos? How does the winner win?

demigawd
So to summarize for people who didn't want to read that:

Thanos with 30 minutes prep vs. Doom in his castle, two weeks prep, and complete mastery over the power gem, and access to all his sorcery, tech, Doombots, etc.

Victor Von Doom
Doom without much trouble I think. Was thinking it was a bit closer before it was established Doom would be using the power gem.

demigawd
What would Doom do with the power gem to get him to topple Thanos?

whobdamandog
Well That's not fair..Doom has 2 weeks and Thanos only has 30 minutes...anyway...it would be a tough battle..but I think Thanos would find a way to beat him...he outsmarted plenty of the Elder's when originally trying to obtain the gems and didn't really have much prep time...besides Doom's been beaten by a many a peeps even when he's prepared...Thanos gets a 10th round KO in the last couple seconds of the match..and walks away with the power gem...

Alpha Centauri
"What would Doom do with the power gem to get him to topple Thanos?"

Use it? Drax with the power gem was able to put the smackdown on Thanos.

I would always go for Thanos but Doom has a cosmic gem, that very fact is dangerous.

Dunno though. Is closer than it would be. Leaning toward Thanos.

-AC

demigawd
lol, idiot. stick out tongue

demigawd
What I MEANT was HOW would he use the power gem against Thanos? Doom doesn't have an incredible amount of physical strength...wouldn't the gem just boost him to, perhaps, Thing level? Or calm Hulk level? Would that be enough?

Alpha Centauri
Doom with Hulk base is a scary thought. Giving him the power gem just boosts his ability to physically fight Thanos.

I don't think that's how Doom'd win. If at all.

-AC

Maestro
Hmm thanos was able to beat a warrior madness thor w/ power gem, but doom with the power gem is another matter.

whobdamandog
I believe the power gem doesn't just augment an individual's power...but allows the user to tap into the power that created the universe.

Champion and Drax are both stupid..and were only able to do this on a subconcious level, which enabled them to augment their strength/energy projection abilities..etc...

Doom on the other hand could do some serious damage with the gem..since he's waaaaaay above both when it comes to intellect...but as Thanos has shown time and time again..he can outwit people who are waaaaaay more powerful then himself as well as those who possess waaaaay more intellect than himself and still come out on top. Don't forget..Thanos is a masterful schemer, and will quickly identify and exploit any weakness he senses in an opponent.

I think Doom's arrogance will be his major undoing in this battle...if at anypoint he gets the advantage...he'll get so cocky he'll forget that he's messing with someone on Thanos's level of intellect..and the second he forget's this is the second that will cost him his life and the power gem.....

whobdamandog
After Doom is about to beat Thanos in the last seconds of the battle...I could see something like this happening...

Doom: Ha ha ha...Doom wins...I have proven my superior intellect and power over you Titan..It was foolish of you to try and fight me without bringing the other gems...soon you will be but a distant memory, another conquest which Doom has overcome...

Thanos: Are you sure...*Whip's out the reality gem..Doom begins to notice that the power gem is now missing from his possession..*

Doom: But how...

Thanos: *Stand's over an astonished Doom* I warped reality before I came..made you think you had the gem in your possession...when actually I had obtained it from you a week ago...the gems have been with me the entire time......this whole ordeal has just been done for amusement on my part...I must admit..it has been fun...but it's time to end this little charade...

Doom: Nooo...this can not be I am Doom!!! The ruling monarch of Latervia!!! No one can defeat me or even challenge my superior intellect!!!

Thanos: *Points the now complete Infinity Gauntlet at Doom..snaps his fingers..and erases Doom from existance* Another conquest which "Mighty Thanos" has overcome...Ha.hahahahaha....

The End...or is it..

demigawd
lol, brilliant.

Alpha Centauri
Stips were Thanos with 30 mins of prep, Doom with complete power gem mastery, access to all sorcery, tech and Doombots. Plus a week of prep.

I missed the part where Thanos had the reality gem.

You've got to love me.

-AC

demigawd
Spoiler.

Alpha Centauri
People would have ran with that little joke theory had I not ended it. Had to be fair.

-AC

Victor Von Doom
So anyway.

Doom. Thanos would of course have a chance.

I honestly don't understand this sudden craze for providing some sort of sitcom esque script. When you imagine Ali would beat Tyson, you don't sit there thinking punch for punch.

Alpha Centauri
It helps them. I guess they think it makes debates more interesting or something, it doesn't. Just deviates so far from original point that it ruins the thread. People try to prove that a character will go down fighting, rather than realising they'd go down, this the end of the thread.

It's why Rogue Vs Hulk was so long. People were trying to prove she'd go down fighting without realising that the outcome either way is her going down.

-AC

demigawd
Actually, I appreciate the effort to write that kind of script. It's certainly a lot more amusing than, "Thanos is a super-Doom. He wins". It doesn't have to be strictly business around here....

Victor Von Doom
Amusing, yes.

Point-proving? Yes.

I mean no.

whobdamandog
Uuuuh...your just jealous because you couldn't think of such a clever manuscript...lol...anyway..Thanos wins...

Victor Von Doom
Pff.

Yeah, can't ever completely count out Thanos. I reckon Doom + two weeks prep + power gem certainly gives him the chance to beat him though.

demigawd
But no one decisively believes that Doom will win, even with those advantages?

Victor Von Doom
I would back him. Just don't think you can count Thanos out, even against those odds.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.