How dark can it get?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

mah
Some consider Fellowship of the Ring to be a dark-themed movie, but as everyone who has read the books know; it just gets darker and darker and the mood amongst the characters get more and more depressive.
now we've seen the trailer for TwoTowers, and it's pretty gloomy, si I have to wonder: will #3, The Return of the King, be taking sombre and dark movies to a new level? that would be really nicesmile

Mujaffa
maybe so.... Fotr was not dark at all, the trailer look a bit darker but not kompletely

tint
Well, if it gets too dark we cant see.

But Id like to get the chills when Im watching it.

Ushgarak
LOTR never struck me as being THAT dark- it WAS a children's book after all.

Serious and atmospheric, yes. But not dark in the really evil sense.

Captain REX
Well, the Nazgul kept me and my mom jumping during the movie. Man, they are creepy...

I just reached ROTK, Book VI, Chapter IV, The Cormallen Field. I'm done with all of the dreary stuff. But, hey, it will get dark.

ToMacco
Where is this trailer for part 2? I havn't seen it.

Captain REX
Just before the ending credits if you stay and watch the movie long enough.

Dexx
It's not that creepy. I'm in the 3rd book at Mount Doom chapter. And , i dunno....the walks are just too long. There are some boring partz. Anyway....i like it, especialy the nazgul sound....it's refreshing big grin

Captain REX
"I have come," he said. "But I do not choose now to do what I came to do. I will not do this deed. The Ring is mine!"

~Frodo Baggins, March 25, 3019 TA~

Dexx
naah...thatz not dark. It's just the point of suspans in the book.
Actually the whole LOTR looks kinda .....i dunno.....fluffy? rolling on floor laughing

night fett
Damn didn't stay long enought to see the two towers trailer is there any trailer on the internet somewhere?

mah
here , bootleg, low-quality picture.

night fett
thanks.

FINGOLFIN
The darkness is a great atmospheric tool of the movie....

Without it a whole lot of extra dialogue would be necessary to impart to the viewers the nature of the impending doom. It lends an air of foreboding without having to dwell on the subject.

Just an opinion...

FreeMason
I would love to see how they deal with Sauron's darkening of the sun...I thought accidentally they would do it in TTT when Theoden says "the sun will not rise on the kingdom of man" but nah...they weren't referensing to it actually happening...lol

So man they better pull off RotK awesomely smile

Exa
I think it will be QUITE dark in RoTk... in the common sense big grin

I mean, of course a Day Without Dawn IS dark, isnt it?

Sifer
LOTR was never written as a children's book at all. The Hobbit was. This can be identified through the use of the English Language - fairly simple in the Hobbit smile

nemo
i don't think it's dark too. pretty light compared to other movies actually. it's more like a fairy tale for the adults. good kick evil's butt, then a happy ending(in a way).

Exa
... the first two chapters of LoTR are still in the Hobbit-Style, but as soon as the Nazgul are mentioned the first time, it suddenly gets far darker.

billyboyd4ever
yes, but i never go the impression it was too dark, after all some of the charcters, like hobbits, are so ligthearted, and there is a meaning in the story that is impossible to miss, that lifts even the darkest of spots, at least thats what happened to me when i read the books, tho some of the battles were a bit dark, the darkness served a definite purpose.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.