What do you look for in a car?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

mechmoggy
I need a load of basic ideas for an assignment on Quality Function Deployment I'm doing at Uni.

I need regular comfort type things you look for, like "easy to park", which I could then break up into 'overall car dimensions' and 'rear parking sensor'.

Anyone with kids may say "passenger safety", which I could break up into 'air bags', 'warning sensors for non seat-belted passenger', etc etc.

Give me the laymans terms and then I'll try to break those up into engineering solutions.

Get to work! big grin

Frosty Beverage
always get faith pickup trucks

they have alot of space for work, and you 'pick-up' chicks...get it? pun no expression

mechmoggy
Okay, thats a truck....not helping much.

Clovie
color eek!

Alpha Centauri
Seats, gears, engine.....steering wheel is optional.

-AC

Frosty Beverage
what makes them explode

Tex
Airbags and warning sensors? Pahlease! schmoll

I require brightly lighted visor vanity mirrors and an ear shattering rude annoying horn! diva

Captain REX
*plays 'I'm in Love with My Car' by Queen*

I'm not sure what to look for yet, I don't have money. I just use my parental unit's vehicle of movement for the time being...

Baylin
comfort, smooth drive, lots of space for the dog and kids, economy.

misha
i look for a car that has lowering springs in it droolio its so sexy!

Capt_Fantastic
"What do you look for in a car?"

Four wheels, an engine, and a steering wheel...I guess.

furryman
Invisibility Shield

Bardock42
It has to be fast, I want to drive aboot 300 km/h that would be nice, than I should like the look of it, and it should have ebnough space (I am 6' 6'') and it has to be german of course.

dave123
A sexy model lying on the bonnet

Norma Jean
Good gas mileage.

Jackie Malfoy
As long as it is a car I am willing to buy it.All I need is my licence!JM sad e035

yerssot
inflatable or real?

dave123
Real droolio

Tptmanno1
Did you really think you were gonna get serious answers outta these people?
Comon, It yerss! and Tex and other random people that can't ever be serious!

ash007
Well at the moment i look to see if its a Long wheeled base, also power steering.

I would also look for rear parking sensor just because it can come in handy when i park close to a car.

Also i would love the heated front windows which the new Merc has got would really come in handy on a cold frosty day. Also heated seats are cool.

Has to safe must have a good crumple zone.

rajah kalantiaw
looks, power, performance.

jaden101
everything that i look for in a car can be summed up in the attached picture...the perfect car...the aston martin dbr9

Alpha Centauri
Oh yeah and doors. Doors are good.

-AC

jaden101
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Oh yeah and doors. Doors are good.

-AC

the dukes of hazard did without doors...

GCG
Originally posted by jaden101
everything that i look for in a car can be summed up in the attached picture...the perfect car...the aston martin dbr9

with a car like that better watch out for them speed bumps

Baylin
Originally posted by jaden101

droolio My fav car!

jaden101
i tried to get a pic of the new aston AMG V8 but couldnt find one anywhere...damn

mechmoggy
Thanks for all the answers.

I've used all the good ideas for my assignment, so if I fail it...I'll blame YOU! j/k wink

Ketchuptome
horsepower,toque,rims that keep on spinning when u stop,nitro
brakes,design,interior,absorbion and spoiler

My fav cars are
1.Chevy Cobalt SS
2.ford Gt
3.Mustang

Demarthl
a plain standard car you see everyday, like the ford mondeo for england..
a ton of money and a little customization, i dont want to buy a flashy looking car, i want to BUILD one

Imperial_Samura
Being a poor uni student at this point of time the most important thing is fuel efficiency (boring I know, but eh)

BullitNutz
I look for legroom, headroom, trunk space, 4-door capacity, off-the-lot power, power windows, locks, heated seats, aw hell... I'd say the equivalent of a Crown Vic with a massive 16-cyl engine and a smoother ride than sex on silk sheets and quieter than a comatose deaf-mute.

But it's gotta have good styling. Like a Mercedes or BMW or a Bentley. I won't have a car that looks like a 14-year old drove it through a fiberglass fabrication plant.

Darth_Lucifer
4 weels, engine, steering wheel and seats...as long as it gets me from A to B i dont mindbig grin

Matrix_man
well the basics would be nice...remote controlled steering, side, front + back rocket launchers, camouflage...and lasers in the headlights would be nice, and an EM jamming device to totally screw up the bad guys engine!

ive said too much whistle

Draco69
Originally posted by rajah kalantiaw
looks, power, performance.

Ditto.

mechmoggy
All too late now... but feel free to carry on! wink

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.