How can Thor hover in mid air?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

K3VIL
We all know that through throwing his hammer Thor can achieve great speeds, even Escape Velocity if not superior.
But i've seen in some comics like when he was fighting Hyperion and the Squadron Supreme over the sea, that he wasn't throwing it, he was just hovering in mid air with the hammer in his hand, so he can hover in mid air without throwing Mjolnir but this ability of the hammer wasn't explained or what?
Also why he was using Mjolnir to fly when he was in possess of OdinForce when he can fly with the OF without the hammer?

ScarletSpider
It could be easily explained as once he's thrown the hammer and flown with it, he can direct it and do whatever he wants in the air with it. It's then under his power, not vice versa.

He continued to use Mjolnir while he possessed the Odin Force just out of fondness for his old weapon, and he was slowly tapping into the Odin Force, I think he just felt it was overwhelming at first, and was not yet ready for the power and the throne of Asgard.

K Von Doom
He spins it around real fast like a helicopter. Heh. I think he flies on the same principle as Storm does.

King Burger
Excellent point. He does control weather, so maybe that's how
he flies?

Bardock42
DUDE, he is a god-dude, DUDE.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.