Heaven's "Hierarchy"

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarkCrawler
Okay, here is how I imagine it. Of course, I don't know if there even is God and if there is, does heaven have hierarchy but here is it:

1. God
2. Archangel Michael (First being ever created, leader of the army of Heaven.)
3. Jesus (?)
4. Various angels after this, perhaps Gabriel or somebody else.
10. St. Peter (Holds the keys to the gate of heaven)

finti
Jesus and the Holy ghost, should be, according to the chrisitans, nr 2 and 3

debbiejo
^ Not all Christians..some believe they all exist as one entity, like for an example and egg has 3 parts..the shell, the white, and the yoke.

So it would be:

God (all 3) or
Jesus
holy spirit
(not sure on the order of Jesus and the HS)
archangels, which includes Gabriel
other angels
fallen angels - which all act in the invisible principalities and powers that are all around us.

finti
hmm aint jesus suppose to sit by gods right hand

debbiejo
He's the image of the invisible god. Who knows what "sitting by Gods right hand." actually means. It might not mean He's actually sitting down.

Reborn Again
Do you really how the Bible controdicts itself. Archangel Michael was the first being ever created? He's never mentioned in the book of Genesis when God created everything in 6 days. Adam is said to be the first being created. Weird, eh?

debbiejo
Maybe Adam and this universe was just the latest things created. I believe He's been up to something before we came along. And probably after too..

DarkCrawler
Well, actually, the animals were the first.

And didn't there were an angel who drove them away from Eden?

clickclick
Adam was the first man created and where in the bible does it say the order in which angels were created?

clickclick
As far as I know, all angels were created at the same time and it was before earth or man was created.

DarkCrawler
Well, by this I just thought that he was the first Angel created. Maybe I am wrong.

big gay kirk
(this is from memory, so I may be slightly wrong...)

God
Seraphim, Cherubim, Thrones (the First Circle..)
Dominions, Powers, Virtues (the Second Circle...)
Principalities, Archangels, Angels (the Third Circle..)

depending on whether or not you are a Trinitarian, Jesus and the Holy Spirit rank equal with God or just below.... these listings are those decided upon by the Pseudo-Areopagite in "Hierarchica Celesti," and are based, if I remember correctly, on readings of the Old Testament and Colossians 1:16....

King Burger
How about:

God
Angels (Lead by Gabriel)
Jesus Christ
Galactus

?

KharmaDog
Originally posted by debbiejo
He's the image of the invisible god. Who knows what "sitting by Gods right hand." actually means. It might not mean He's actually sitting down.

Who knows what any of it means. The bible was originally written in ancient hebrew (which hardly anything is known about) into arabic, greek, latin, back and forth through so many languages that the meanings and stories probabley have changed hundreds of times.

debbiejo
The Torah, original first 5 books of the Bible, has stayed exactly the same.

big gay kirk
Originally posted by debbiejo
The Torah, original first 5 books of the Bible, has stayed exactly the same.

except when it was edited.....

debbiejo
Originally posted by big gay kirk
except when it was edited.....

I don't think it was edited, was it?

big gay kirk
The Bible has been edited almost since it was first written down... in fact, if you read any of the more popular versions of the first five books of the Bible, you will find them to be different in many ways, some of these due to (for instance) the text being a modernisation of a transliteration of an English translation of a Greek book translated and transliterated from hebrew.... for example, where the original hebrew would say "In the beginning the Gods created the sky and the earth..." we now seem to have " in the beginning God created the Heavens and the Earth..."

debbiejo
We need a Jewish person here!!! Hello!!! Calling Jewish people..

I've never heard that "In the beginning the Gods created the sky and earth." I'll have to do a study on that.. reading

-=Urot=-
You guys should really checkout Clarence Larkin; his books deal with this topic and more.

The books I own are:

The Dispensational Truth
The book Of Revelation
The book Of Daniel
The Spirit World
Rightly Dividing The Word
The Second Coming Of Christ.

They are very interesting reads to say the least, Plus they have fully detailed maps about the Bibles various topics.

http://www.armageddonbooks.com/larkin.html
http://www.biblebelievers.com/larkin/larkin_rightly-dividing.html

Charts:
http://members.citynet.net/morton/charts.htm
http://www.blueletterbible.org/study/larkin/

EDIT:

Another Great author would be John Dominic Crossan.

I have his book The Birth Of Christianity (653 pages long). Detailed reading but worth it in the end. big grin

big gay kirk
Throughout the early books of the bible the term "elohim" is used... this is a plural of "eloi" and means quite literally "the gods..." however, by the time these books were translated into Greek, Latin, English, german et al, the belief in a single god had become entrenched.... hence the awkward references to multiple gods were glossed over..... and "elohim" was (mis) translated as God.... remember, the original Hebrews had many gods.... even a cursory reading of the Bible shows the development of the judaeo-Christian belief system from belief in many gods, through the preferential worship of one god rather than the others, to the belief in a single god....

debbiejo
I did some research and yes, it's true. It does say gods....so what do you think that means.....Did it mean many gods, or the trinity?

finti
it means me debbie,the norse one

debbiejo
laughing

You mean I've been praying to the wrong guy???

big gay kirk
remember that the Jews didn't believe in the trinity... and neither do quite a few Christians..... it meant "many gods..." and to those who were wondering earlier, Rabbinical Judaism states that the the greatest Angel, and the first created being of all, was Lucifer or Satan.....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.