The Bond Funfacts

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

yerssot
Storm (a member here) adviced me to make a thread about funny facts of the Bond-franchise...

I'm here to follow that advice... when you know a fun fact about bond, please post it here smile

I'll kick off :
Ian Fleming wanted his cousin Christopher Lee to play Dr. No

(it doesn't mean much to most I guess, but being a star wars fan this is kinda funny)

Evy_O
I find pretty amusing the fact that Q is played by the same actor throughout (almost) the whole JB series stick out tongue What was his name... Desmond Llewelyn smile

yerssot
"If you're Q, does that make him R?" laughing out loud

well, a new one:
the codename 007, came from the agent J. Dee (forgot his first name, but it wasn't James I think)
When he wrote to the queen about his actions and such, he finished his letters with 007, which means:
00: two eyes: for your eyes only
7: actually it's a J, from his first name

Storm
Prior to Dr. No's release, the film's distributors were quoted as saying "All we have to lose is $1 million"!

yerssot
yes, and they were even going to pull the plug when it went over 1 million embarrasment

Storm
The mechanical hook worn by Julius W. Harris in Live and Let Die was controlled by the actor's breathing.

yerssot
excellent one storm smile

In the lower left of Boris's computer screen in Sevranya there is a rotating cube with different Star Trek icons in it. messed

Storm
I' m wondering what would have happened to that hook if the actor accidentally had to sneeze laughing

yerssot
lets just hope no one was near him wink

SpikeSpiegel
Thunderball was originally slated to be the first JB film, but due to the cost it would be to make it they decided to go with Dr. No

yerssot
Licence to Kill:
When Bond is on the gasoline tanker and is being shot at by machine guns, the bullets that ricochet off the tanker make the Bond theme

cermiestar
I just think it's funny that the same guy who wrote james bond went on to write chitty chittry bang bang/color]

yerssot
shucks sad
*throws away trivia question*

yerssot
y'know, for whiskey they take coffee and thin it with water big grin

Kes
Goldeneye:
"Alec Trvelyan" never died on screen in Germany. The last scene German audiences saw was when he plummets to the ground after falling from the antenna. The latter part of the scene, where the structure collapses onto him, was cut in its entirety.

At the beginning, Bond sets the bomb's timing device for six minutes. Read it backwards and you get 006 - as in Agent 006, Alex Trevelyan.

Does this count or is it just facts?embarrasment

Kes
He's dead. He died in a car crash cry

yerssot
yeah, kes sad He was a great Q! sad

and a great funfact kes smile never heard of that one smile
wonder why... cause of his origin?

Kes
Cause of his origin?Where I got it from?
www.moviemistakes.com of course.

yerssot
yeah, he's a lienz kozak, had a little rumble with Russia in WWII... perhaps that's why? painful subject

cermiestar
who died?

yerssot
006, in Goldeneye

RobBo
The screenplay for You Only Live Twice was written by Roald Dahl.

Evy_O
OMG yeah cry sad
He was old already, but car crash... no

yerssot
ironicly, that car crash happened after a signing session for his last movie AND in that movie they introduced his replacement already (if I'm not mistaken)

Kes
blink

yerssot
006... he's not brittish, he's adopted. The guy was a Lienz Kozak, and those Kozaks and the Russians are not good friends cause of incidents in the second worldwar. Perhaps cause it goes back to WWII they cut it out in germany?

Kes
Oh...lol I wasnt following!

yerssot
I noticed!

RobBo
Wasn't Christopher Lee " The Man With The Golden Gun"?

yerssot
yup, but that's less fun stick out tongue

RobBo
...but he had 3 nipples...how much fun is that??!

yerssot
none, cause I didn't want to know that sad

RobBo
...but you must know it............if you've seen the movie wink

yerssot
I don't think of such things, I have a pure, innocent mind wink

RobBo
What was his name...Scaramong or somthing...?

yerssot
Scaramanga

RobBo
Tee Hee! I was close! http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0304/lachen/laughing-smiley-002.gif

yerssot
but no cuban sigar like in DaD wink

The Redeemer
Sorry R...Tee Hee was in LIVE AND LET DIE! stick out tongue smokin'

yerssot
Ah yes, the legendary dubble o-nothing humor stick out tongue

The Redeemer
"You always were a cunning linguist, James!" cool

yerssot
did he expand your vocabulary too?

The Redeemer
rock

yerssot
for england, TR wink

RobBo
The villain: Francisco Scaramanga, one of the world's top assassins who charges one million dollars a kill and known as "the man with the golden gun". Scaramanga was born in a circus. His father was the ringmaster (probably Cuban) and his mother was an English snake charmer. He became a spectacular trickshot artist by the age of 10. At this time his best friend was a bull elephant which went beserk after being mis-treated by its handler, causing Scaramanga to kill it. This made him realise that he liked killing and he had become a local Rio gunman by the age of 15. He was recruited by the KGB in Europe and trained as an assassin. He left to become independent in the 50s. Prior to the film, his appearance and location are unknown by the Secret Service, although the CIA have his fingerprints on file. However, it is known that Scaramanga has three nipples.

yerssot
see, all pure stick out tongue

Evy_O
He...has...three...nipples eek
Errmmm... how's that possible laughing out loud confused

yerssot
it just is, and it's said in the movie stick out tongue

Evy_O
HOW, not IF stick out tongue

yerssot
I'm not a doctor stick out tongue

Evy_O
But where can that third one be laughing

yerssot
next to the left one?

The Redeemer
Not alone said...but shown...at least on Roger Moore's chest when he impersonates Scaramanga at Hi Fat's (sp?) mansion just after he's met Chew Me taking a swim.

The thing looks ridiculous as I'm sure it's meant to be. Think a barnacle stuck on the underside of a boat! embarrasment

Evy_O
Hmm... I definately need to see this messed blink

yerssot
well, it's not the SAME stick out tongue

RobBo
You don't, believe me, you don't!

Evy_O
Oh, believe me, I do stick out tongue

RobBo
I'm trying to find you a picture....meanwhile, here's a funny cutting:

{QUOTE}
the only triple nipples I've ever seen were on a man. Precisely: Christopher Lee in The Man With The Golden Gun. That was the hit man Scaramanga's identifiable mark. Got that? The villain had three t!ts. Good God. If 1974 was a Great Year in Cinema (think Godfather, Part II and The Conversation) this movie was the nadir of the Bond franchise.

How did Lee get talked into this shit? More importantly, how did Roger Moore get talked into wearing a FAKE third t!t to pass as Scaramanga? I don't think I watched a Bond flick after that until Timothy Dalton took over. Who wrote this shit? Well, I never read the Fleming book, but I don't think Ian was sitting on the veranda at Goldeneye in Jamaica thinking triple nipple. Richard Maibaum wrote the screenplay. He wrote ALL the Bond screenplays. Actually, he wrote from 1936 to 1991, the year he died. Ransom was based on his story.

Three titted hitmen, indeed. I could do better than THAT.

Posted by Kim Crawford at October 14, 2003 08:20 PM | TrackBack

Evy_O
laughing laughing
That's great, thanks a lot big grin
Piccie! eek!

yerssot
they had to give him SOMETHING special messed

Evy_O
that...something though must be disturbing messed

yerssot
they couldn't give him a mark from a liposuction, now could they stick out tongue

Evy_O
laughing out loud No, and that's for better stick out tongue

yerssot
nose correction?

RobBo
Odd job?

yerssot
now HE could use a liposuction wink

RobBo
Changing the subject.................

Goofs for
GoldenEye (1995)

Revealing mistakes: Bond leans against a stone wall in the weapons factory, and it flexes.

Continuity: Bond's hair length changes as he goes through the cabin door on the boat.

Continuity: Bond acquires gloves after falling out of the plane.

Audio/visual unsynchronized: The little helicopter the villains use to escape from the armored train is a Robinson, which has a piston engine. The sound heard is a turbine.

Boom mike visible: In Q's room.

Continuity: The front right light of Ourumov's car gets broken at the beginning of the tank chase, but is fixed later in the chase.

Continuity: Onatopp's bath robe at the pool.

Continuity: Onatopp's lipstick on Bond's upper left cheek when she is attacking him in Cuba.

Continuity: Grass on a path that is supposedly usually submerged.

Continuity: Previously submerged areas dry quickly.

Continuity: When Bond and Simonova slide down the inside of the dish, the gradient is a lot less than in all other shots.

Continuity: Bond stops sliding by putting his feet on a lip on the hole in the middle that was not there previously.

Continuity: The two parachutes on the helicopter escape pod are white in long distance shots but red, white and blue in close-up on the ground.

Continuity: When Goldeneye satellite is revealed in space, Earth is turning one direction in one cut, and the opposite direction in the next cut.

Continuity: When the man on the ship is introducing the waiting public and media to the Tiger helicopter, a large rowing boat goes behind him twice.

Factual errors: The satellites are said to be orbiting 100 km above the earth, but that is far too low. The minimum altitude necessary to place something in a stable orbit is 640 km. Any object lower than that soon falls back to earth due to atmospheric drag.

Factual errors: Admiral Farrel's ID card is in English only. Any ID card issued by the Canadian government would be in English and French.

Factual errors: In the car chase between Bond and Onatopp, she is driving a Ferrari F355, which has a 6-speed gearbox. Just before they encounter the cycle race, there is a close-up of Onatopp shifting (supposedly) down a gear. In fact, she clearly puts the shift lever into the leftmost rear of the gate, which is reverse on the 355 gearbox.

Continuity: When the Tiger is landing at the remote station, there is already snow on the bottom of the helicopter's tires.

Crew or equipment visible: During the pre-title bungee-jump, camera crew and equipment (including a van) are briefly visible atop the dam, in a distant sideview shot of the jump.

Errors in geography: The terrain around Archangel where the pre-title sequence took place is flat. Certainly not enough altitude to a allow a small plane at the foot of a dam to fly vertically down for almost a minute.

Continuity: When Bond is looking through his camera at the boat, he is looking with his left eye, but when we see him again, the camera is on his right eye.

Revealing mistakes: Wires pulling the cockpit upwards are visible, when Bond ejects it from the helicopter just moments before it explodes.

Revealing mistakes: You can clearly see a roller under Bond as he slides down the satellite dish with Natalya.

Crew or equipment visible: When Bond jumps from the dam in Archangel, a shot follows him down during the fall, then another shot begins from the top of the dam and follows him down again. In that shot a white European model box truck and a yellow machine (a sort of crane) is visible - you can see these in the "making of the Golden Eye" as used for the stunt. Clearly they are not meant to be there by script, as it is a place deep in Russia that doesn't have western European vehicles, and moreover the facility seems to be locked before his jump (Bond has to unlock the gate to enter). The shot of the dam right before the jump (no more then couple of seconds) shows the entire dam empty.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

yerssot
nice, but it still is the best movie stick out tongue

RobBo
In your opinion.........................!

yerssot
yes, and since people worship me ... wink

RobBo
http://deephousepage.com/smilies/praise2.gif

yerssot
there ya go big grin

Evy_O
laughing out loud Well, I did not notice any of them actually, so I guess it makes no difference happy
but I sure got to re-watch it shifty

RobBo
Name your Bondmovie, I got a list like that for each of 'em!

Evy_O
Die another day! eek!

Kes
These are usually the movie theaters fault. (not saying this is the case thou stick out tongue )

I'm not sure I understand this one blink What does it being a 6-speed gearbox have to do with the mistake blink
But when a cars reverse is to the left meaning its the 1ft gear you need to either push-up or down to actually get reverse. Otherwise its 1st gear wink

yerssot
from time to time, some movie-goers are a tad too extreme messed

RobBo
Goofs for
Die Another Day (2002)

Revealing mistakes: When Bond gets away across the lake in the jet-powered ice racer, the cable pulling it along is clearly visible in the overhead shot.

Continuity: When the Aston Martin is flipped, its wing mirror housing is smashed off (and a piece of it flicks away), but the car has intact wing mirrors in all the subsequent shots inside the Ice Palace.

Continuity: In Mr. Kil's laboratory, the keypad swings away from Jinx and its wires twist so that it facing away from her. In the next shot the keypad facing her as it swings back towards her.

Revealing mistakes: In the scene where Graves holds Bond captive, and reveals that Bond has again been betrayed, a henchman can be seen behind Graves holding a G36 assault rifle. There is no magazine loaded into the weapon.

Continuity: A metal strut in the broken aircraft window repeatedly disappears and reappears between shots.

Continuity: Bond inspects his sword twice in rapid succession (unnaturally so) before the fencing match.

Crew or equipment visible: Reflected in Miranda's sunglasses during the initial demonstration of the Icarus satellite.

Continuity: The zip on Jinx's catsuit moves up and down between shots during the laser sequence.

Continuity: Bond's hands are shackled while arriving at the prisoner transfer, but they are unshackled as he gets off the truck.

Crew or equipment visible: A boat is visible in the lower right corner of the screen filming the three surfers in the opening sequence.

Revealing mistakes: When Jinx is pressing buttons in the airplane cockpit, the lights next to the buttons are going out before she presses them.

Factual errors: Some of the supposedly native North Koreans speak Korean with terrible accents.

Factual errors: Zao is not a Korean name, it is Chinese. Although many Koreans do have Chinese names, written with Chinese characters, and although Zao is one of them, the Koreans have no "z" sound in their own language and pronounce the name as "Jo" or "Cho".

Errors in geography: Korea, whether North or South, does not have surfable beaches.

Continuity: The level of the drink Bond and Jinx share.

Factual errors: The camouflage uniforms of North Korean Soldiers are actually South Korean civilian reservist uniforms.

Revealing mistakes: Wheel tracks from earlier takes visible early in the ice-lake car chase.

Miscellaneous: There is a poster advertising the latest model Philishave electric shaver in the supposedly long-abandoned Vauxhall Cross tube station.

Incorrectly regarded as goofs: While in Cuba, Bond pulls the plug on the surveillance camera facing the hidden door. The wire he unplugs is only the zoom control and the iris control for the lens Without this wire the lens will protect itself by closing. The camera will still work, but the image will be completely black (closed lens).

Errors in geography: Bond and Zao are swapped in the middle of a thick evergreen forest. Panmunjom, the only point along the DMZ where one can walk between North and South Korea, is grassy fields and hills.

Continuity: In saving Jinx, Bond's windshield is destroyed. Several subsequent shots show the windscreen intact.

Miscellaneous: When Bond orders the Mojito in Cuba, they make it with golden rum, but when the drink is handed to him, it has been (correctly) made with white rum.

Factual errors: The Icelandic car number plates shown in the film do not have the correct typeface (they used the same typeface as on British number plates).

Continuity: Jinx is badly cut on her torso during the sword fight on the plane. Yet, moments later, when she is with Bond in the Korean hut fiddling with diamonds in her belly, the cut is gone and she is scar-less.

Audio/visual unsynchronized: When Bond is talking to M in the subway there is a shot over Bond's shoulder that shows his mouth moving when he is not speaking.

Continuity: When Jinx comes out of the water, she is wet (obviously). However, when we see her again just a couple of seconds later, she is dry.

Continuity: The cheque that Jinx gives to Dr. Alvarez is different to the one seen a few shots later. The handwriting is different and the surname has changed from Johnson to Jordan.

Continuity: When Bond lands after surfing the huge pressure wave, the clouds behind him multiply between shots from a few to a sky-full.

Crew or equipment visible: The camera is reflected in the back of the Aston Martin in two different shots when Bond carries Jinx out of the car after saving her.

Continuity: When Bond escapes from Graves' lair by running down the outside of the dome, the stuntman appears to be wearing sunglasses, while Brosnan, in the shots immediately before and after the stunt, is not.

Revealing mistakes: When Bond escapes and jumps from the boat, his hands are clearly visible at the bottom of the screen after he rebounds from the trampoline.

Continuity: When Bond is watching the Icarus demonstration, the woman behind him is not wearing sunglasses. In the next shot she is removing a pair of sunglasses.

Continuity: Bond pulls the detonator from his watch and inserts into the explosives, but it is back on his watch when he replaces the diamond tray.

Factual errors: The downward air pressure of a hovercraft would be more than enough to set off a landmine.

yerssot
nitpickers wink

RobBo
would you like me to nit pick DAF?

Evy_O
wacko Who notices these stuff What the f**k? They look very minor to me, though some are funny laughing out loud
Thankies RobBo big grin

yerssot
no, I want you to destroy DAF evil face

yerssot
New funfact: for the vodka-martini they use plain water eek!

yerssot
Honey Ryder's voice was not that of Ursula Andress, rather, was dubbed by a still nameless actress

Kes
shock

yerssot
they use the name "George" while making a bond movie everytime for bad things or going to the toilet as a reference to George Lazenby

Kes
laughing

Evy_O
The poor guy cry

yerssot
watch OHMSS and reconsider that stick out tongue

Evy_O
It was crap stick out tongue But that's no reason to make fun of the guy messed sad

yerssot
*shrugs*
than you're the only one that cares

Evy_O
Apparently not, he must care too.

yerssot
he doesn't, he makes fun of that too

and come on people, it's not prohibited to post here!

Evy_O
Oh, you've talked about it with him and reached to conclusions? stick out tongue

And yeah, nobody else posts, it's tragic cry

yerssot
no, he said it in numerous interviews himself

Kes
Ah...lets see.In Die another day they switched the engine, in the Austin Martin, from a V12 to a V8 so the "guns" would fit! A crime I tell you!
In the chance scene the car got glued to the ice (in one of the takes) laughing

Evy_O
Ermm, why exactly is it a crime? stick out tongue

Maybe they should leave the car there evil face

yerssot
One of the fighting gypsy girls in From Russia With Love, Martine Beswick, was identified as "Martin Beswick" in the main title sequence

what a change laughing out loud

Kes
No lol I meant its a crime to change a V12 engine to a V8. Specially in an Austin Martin.

Kes
Ok...was it you that didnt understand what I say or was it me not understanding what you said? blink

Yerss laughing what did she think of that?

yerssot
smiled and nod? dunno, never met the girl

The Redeemer
I think even then they were warming up to have Pink as a baddie! evil face smokin'

yerssot
she can practice all she wants with me wink

btw, that Martine girl... became a miss Jamaica in 1962

Evy_O
It is me having absolutely NO idea about cars stick out tongue

yerssot
don't worry about it, just smile and nod to her

Evy_O
smiles: smile
nods: thumbsup

yerssot
Dr. No was filmed for under a million dollars.

Kes
LOL
V12 Big ass engine = really fast car.
V8 Once big ass engine = not as fast stick out tongue

Evy_O
Oh... erm... thanks big grin I'll probably forget these info within five minutes laughing out loud

yerssot
Over 75 percent of all moviegoers worldwide have seen Goldfinger at least once!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yerssot
The "golden girl" idea in Goldfinger was based on a real Swiss fashion model who painted herself and died of asphixiation

The Redeemer
FRWL and OCTOPUSSY are the only two Bond's to feature breif nudity. Think Daniella Bianchi's and Maud Addams' bums! Yum!!! shifty

yerssot
oh, I'm thinking alright big grin

yerssot
Bond prefers Smirnoff for his Wodka

Evy_O
He doesn't have taste! eek!

yerssot
he does know his champagnes, wines and kaviar

The Redeemer
Caviar? Time for an OHMSS quote........

"Hmmm...boiled beluga...North of the Caspian!" smokin'

yerssot
after he rudely threw it on his biscuit

The Redeemer
Whoo! Hoo! You actually remember it, Y! rock And that's CRACKER, BTW! stick out tongue

yerssot
pfff

cause I just saw the movie stick out tongue

The Redeemer
Good on you, old man! big grin

yerssot
very bad, just watched it cause it's part of the series

The Redeemer
Here's a nice little one... yes

LICENSE REVOKED was renamed LICENSE TO KILL because the Bond franchise though American audiences would'nt be able to understand the word REVOKED. Duh??? whistle

yerssot
that's cause it has too much letters in it laughing out loud

The Redeemer
Heh! OK...let me try...LICENSE RESCINDED? laughing out loud

yerssot
you're trying to get all those americans numb huh stick out tongue

The Redeemer
Oh......matron!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not numb...dumb!!!!!!!!!! angel

Evy_O
I didn't know the world revoked either stick out tongue
But I have a good excuse yes

yerssot
but evy... your mothertongue isn't english laughing out loud

The Redeemer
Speaking of mother tongues, Y, you're Belgian, right?

yerssot
you make it sound like a criminal offence

The Redeemer
embarrasment

yerssot
why the question?

The Redeemer
Cause you guys have always gotten the better of us in the World Cup. mad

yerssot
oh yeah... '94... Nilis, no?

The Redeemer
Yeah and '81 in the Hysel Stadium. sad

yerssot
that's too long ago to remember already

to get back on the funfacts ... "real bonds", that is real agents from Mi6 these days can't be taller than 1m80

Evy_O
Why can't they? blink

I know, that's my excuse stick out tongue

yerssot
cause if they're taller than that, they are considered "big" and will not mingle in the crowd that easy due to their size

Evy_O
so if someone's taller he can't be an agent? blink

yerssot
nope

The Redeemer
Here's one...

Putter Smith who played Mr Wint was a sax player with the band TESALONIOUS MONK(sp?) and DAF was his only film. yes

yerssot
praise the waffle it was!

The Redeemer
"Precisely!" rolling on floor laughing

The Redeemer
"A glowing tribute, Mr. Wint..."
"Heart warming, Mr. Kidd..." evil face

speiderman
Those two were disgusting. I wanted to vomit whenever they were on screen in Diamonds are Forever.

yerssot
I disliked the movie, didn't thought they were that bad messed

their knowledge of wines was just bad though stick out tongue

The Redeemer
That seems to be always a "coming out" thing!!! smokin'

yerssot
Funfact:
the equivalent of half the world's population have seen at least one Bond movie

The Redeemer
Wow! That is INTERESTING!!! wacko

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>