Star Wars Radio drama is incredible!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

williamdefalco
Hi folks, I just thought I'd discuss how incredible the Star Wars Radio drama has turned out to be so far. We all love Star Wars: A new Hope. At just around 2 hours it is a great piece of imaginative work. Now imagine those 2 hours suddenly expanded to 6. That's right, 4 more hours of "deleted scenes" were included in this volume, all thanks to story-filling gaps that either lead up to familiar scenes from the movie, or better yet expanded on them. I just finished listening to Episode 4 and I'll give you guys an example of what I mean.
The first tape actually showcased Luke's days before we originally saw him in the movie. We get to hear him race against some denizens from Tatooine, and we get to hear a scene some fans have craved for a long time, the long lost scene of of Luke meeting up with Biggs on Tatooine.
Another deleted scene I remember was Princess Leia meeting with a high-ranking official from the Empire, and upon her leaking the code words "Death Star" they struggle in a fight and he is killed by her actions.
In an even more prominent scene we actually hear Vader's interrogation of the Princess, describing to her horrid images of her flesh on fire and her bones breaking while under some mind-altering drugs.
There were plenty of other great deleted scenes I remember too, such as top ranking leaders of the Empire discussing using the Death Star against the Emperor, Tarkin discussing taking the Death Star away from the Emperor, Obi-Wan selling Luke's speeder and using his Jedi Mind trick on the buyer to con him out of more money, Artoo sabatoging the R4 droid Lars originally picked from the Jawas so Artoo can be picked next, and so on, just wonderful little scenes that help add so much more depth and detail to a great story. And what makes it even better is that all of this is told with great stereo Star Wars sound effects, superb voice acting from Mark Hamill and Anthony Daniels, with other actors that sound remarkably like their movie counterparts as well, and best of all, John Williams music. All of this leads to some a wonderful purchase I highly recommend.
Whew. Sorry folks for the lengthy review but I just had to disuss on how great this radio drama was. I hope you find it and enjoy it too.

eXSBass
Can you post a "you send it" link please.

DCLXVI
See, half of those scenes were never shot, or were abandoned 'cause they made the plot of the story more confusing.....wacko
But the original '70's-'80's Radio Dramas were killer. wink

Obiwalker08
oh....it would be realllyyy great if we could somehow obtain the radio drama *cough*

williamdefalco
Other than Half-Price books, about the only other place that I know of where one can truly obtain the Radio Dramas at a really cheap price is at EBAY. I just finished ordering The Return of the Jedi set from there for $15. Half.com and Amazon.com are other good sources for cheap, used copies from sellers, but there's usually less of a supply. I'd post links to everything needed but the forum won't allow me just yet.

Sadako of Girth
Four of the parts of the Radio play are on Blueharvest.com or .net in their audio download section...... I hunger for more.....!!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.