Teenie Bopper Idols: Whats the obsession?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

OB1-adobe
You guys ever wondered why girls, the people who qoute/unqoute are suppose to be "more compassionate, not desire superficial material things as much as guys, only fall in love with personality of men, and are more mature than guys are." Spend their teen years worshiping some stupid guy or kid in a magazine like Tom Welling, or Jesse Mcartney because he is "hot".

Whilst guys have their own idols like sports people, actors, or Musicians. You know, people who actually "Do" things instead of lookin pretty in front a camera.
People that stick with us guys for life, while girls evetually throw their teeny boppers out the window like a bad pair of panties.

dave123
*shrugs* happy different people like different things at different times

Anna85
u r right but i'm not that kind of girl eek! eek!

silver_tears
Yes because clearly guys don't worship people like britney spears, and christina skankulera, or adriana lima in their teens no2
You're right on obviously thumb up

Frosty Beverage
can you go over the part with the lima beans again?

OB1-adobe
Originally posted by silver_tears
Yes because clearly guys don't worship people like britney spears, and christina skankulera, or adriana lima in their teens no2
You're right on obviously thumb up

Well we do get obssesed about hot chicks to a degree I guess, but not enough to buy that persons crap, we just like to look and hope for that certain issue in playboy, but that is about it.

OB1-adobe
Here is an example right here of teenie obsessmuch

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f64/t326093.html

Alpha Centauri
There is a difference between worshipping Christina Aguilera and wanting to bone her. Besides the fact that she's got a better voice than 99% of most Pop singers today doesn't really mean I like her music, I don't. Would I do her? Yes, absolutely. I don't worship her.

There are girls who worship Ashlee Simpson, Simple Plan, Good Charlotte. Which is sad to the highest degree.

Go into the music forum, look at the Simple Plan thread. The CLOSEST thing you get to a music reference is "this song is awesome!!!". They can't say why, coz it's not. They can't pick out particular favourite bits because there aren't any bits to pick out. Instead they retort to "OMG HE'S HOT!!! But I liked their music before I saw them". Sure, if they were fat, they wouldn't like em.

Not saying guys don't buy music for girls looks but it's much much less likely. It's just people who say Justin Timberlake is good coz he can dance. Don't see how that affect the music on his CD.

The one teenie bopper thing I don't get is "It sucks that *enter generic name* has a girlfriend". Why? You actually think you had a shot?

No guy I've EVER met, with any degree of a celebrity crush, actually thought they had a shot with the girl....ever. Girls do. Have you seen how many girls cry when their fav Popstar turns out to be gay? Why? You weren't going to get with him.

Ahh gotta love em though, they make me chuckle.

-AC

Jackie Malfoy
I really have no idea.JMconfused1

Silver Stardust
I like to make fun of teenyboppers, and I pride myself on the fact that I never went through that stage big grin

Ronny
Originally posted by OB1-adobe
You guys ever wondered why girls, the people who qoute/unqoute are suppose to be "more compassionate, not desire superficial material things as much as guys, only fall in love with personality of men, and are more mature than guys are." Spend their teen years worshiping some stupid guy or kid in a magazine like Tom Welling, or Jesse Mcartney because he is "hot".

Whilst guys have their own idols like sports people, actors, or Musicians. You know, people who actually "Do" things instead of lookin pretty in front a camera.
People that stick with us guys for life, while girls evetually throw their teeny boppers out the window like a bad pair of panties. PFFFFT

Trent Reznor is not stupid stick out tongue

silver_tears
Regardless, he said that the male population does not obsess, with the sales gross of maxim and fhm and such I don't think that's true no2

Males obsess just as much as females about celebrities, the specially sad ones are the ones who actually go into detail about what the would do to certain female celebrities if they had a night alone roll eyes (sarcastic) that's much worse.

And for the record, I like simple plan, and I like their music. And the fact remains I'd like them even if they were ugly and or fat, that's what a fan is yes

OB1-adobe
I don't agree. Think of it in Percentages of how many teenie boppers are there compared to celebrity perverts. Think how about how many 11 year old girls in say, the year 2000, would be at a Britney Spears or N,sync concert compared to the amount of guys. It would be about the same. There would 450 girls to every guy, and most of those would be Dads. The other 7% of the audience would be sickos jerken off at the show to either one.

Also, maxim has a lot of cool crap in it besides hot half naked chicks.
Most guys I know I only subcribed to that Magazine for maybe a year, and other stuff nudy mags were only bought on a once in a while basis.
Teenie boppers watch an episode of smallville, and they are like "I just met the man of my dreams" and then its obsess much from there on.

Alpha Centauri
"Males obsess just as much as females about celebrities, the specially sad ones are the ones who actually go into detail about what the would do to certain female celebrities if they had a night alone that's much worse"

WOULD....what they WOULD do.

They don't act as if they have a shot. I've never seen a guy cry his eyes out when a female celeb that he likes, gets married or gets a girlfriend. I've lost count of the amount of girls I know that have done that.

I've never met a Simple Plan fan who could talk solely about the music.

-AC

Imaginary
Simple Plan fans go on about how the lyrics of their songs are so "meaningful"... yeah so there are tons of people whose parents are asses and whose life is shit, you don't see them punishing the rest of the world with bad music erm

Silver Stardust
Originally posted by Imaginary
Simple Plan fans go on about how the lyrics of their songs are so "meaningful"... yeah so there are tons of people whose parents are asses and whose life is shit, you don't see them punishing the rest of the world with bad music erm

laughing

That's so true, too...thumb up

Alpha Centauri
Simple Plan just cast a net.

They sing about a scenario that almost everyone has gone through and kids, who's biggest daily grievance is how much their allowance is, suck it up.

It's like singing a love song about liking someone who doesn't like you back. Everyone is going to go through it or has been through it. So they get loads of people who relate.

If they wrote a song entitled "I severed my genitals with a breadknife", I doubt they'd have as many "relatable" fans.

-AC

Imaginary
I think it'd be funny if they DID write a song entitled "I severed my genitals with a breadknife" laughing out loud

Silver Stardust
That would be hilarious...laughing

BakaXero
i just open this thread cause i saw the words teeny boopers...
word me and my friends use to tease the younger generations

Imaginary
The girls in my school... I'd be surprised if they even posessed a reasonable amount of creative thinking between them erm

Capt_Fantastic
I guess the most profound answers should come from someone that likes Brittany Spears or Jessica Simpaon. But, as for me...I've never really had any affinity for teeny boppers. I mean, yeah, I'd like to sleep with one or two of the backstreet boys, but that doesn't imply I like their music.

I'm more an Elton John...David Bowie...Beatles kind of guy myself.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.