Username change

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Hegemon875
Yo raz I want to drop the 875 at the end of my user name but "Hegemon" is already taken by a person who joined 06-22-2003 and has only made 2 posts. So since its highly unlikely he's ever coming back could I get his username?

Raz
In future, contact me via PM for specific requests like this.

About the name, sorry, can't change it.

ThePittman

Ichigo66666
I was going to suggest this, if members don't come on for a year and don't post and show no chance of returning. Make there names available.

BakaXero
I've suggested that before.
I don't think there's any plans for that to happen

ThePittman
I just want to know if I can have that one since they have never posted and it is way old.

BakaXero
Originally posted by ThePittman
I just want to know if I can have that one since they have never posted and it is way old.
if they've never posted you probably could but you need to be special,
or favoured by the admin.
cause there has been a case where a member was able to change Username to one that had already been registered.

ThePittman
Originally posted by BakaXero
if they've never posted you probably could but you need to be special,
or favoured by the admin.
cause there has been a case where a member was able to change Username to one that had already been registered. I'm special pitt_woot in the head

Syren
If there was a case where a member was able to change to a username already in use then all other requests for usernames in use by someone inactive should be allowed.

I also think that if a member hasn't posted in over a year and hadn't many posts to begin with, their username should be released.

§P0oONY

Syren
That name is a bit erratic ermm

§P0oONY
It's on speed...

Piggle Humsy

§P0oONY
Originally posted by Piggle Humsy
I think you should change your name to fork no expression

or Spoogle

ermm

Yes I am just saying random crap.. sorry embarrasment

petpet

Syren
SPORK droolio

Soujaboy
Just recently I've wanted to change my username, it took me a while but I finally decided on changing it to Dream. I went to change it, and it told me someone already has this username. I then went and searched and found the user who took the name before I had the chance. The user "dream"(link below) registered October 17 2003, but has not once ever posted or been online. Because of this I was wondering if something could be done so where I could have the username "Dream"?

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=11399

Barker
No, nothing can be done.

§P0oONY
A simple solution would be to be original and think of a name that has not been used.

Soujaboy
Is it that bad that I would like to use Dream considering the poster registered as dream has never been online once in the 3 years he's been registered?

Paola
nothing bad on it no2

Barker
Originally posted by Soujaboy
Is it that bad that I would like to use Dream considering the poster registered as dream has never been online once in the 3 years he's been registered?
Nothing bad, but again, it won't happen.

Storm
User Names

Syren
Again, that is such a crap policy.

Soujaboy
Any admins been around?

§P0oONY
Any admins been around? No, but Storm has (Mod) and she's basically echoing the words of everyone else.

Soujaboy

Soujaboy
bump

Strangelove
bump bump for what? Your question was answered

Barker
Originally posted by Strangelove
bump for what? Your question was answered
That bump was almost a week old. petpet

LifeInSepia
i have to agree with soujaboy. I think that is unfair. I recon after a user has been inactive for 1 year, their account should be removed. It's only fiar.

Diamonds
Originally posted by LifeInSepia
i have to agree with soujaboy. I think that is unfair. I recon after a user has been inactive for 1 year, their account should be removed. It's only fiar.
No, I don't think that's fair. They may try to come back and their account won't be there. I've always thought it would be cool to come back if I ever forgot about KMC.
However, with members like "Dream", I think they should be deleted. Also people that have been permanantly blocked, because they can't come back anyway.

Syren
Originally posted by Diamonds
No, I don't think that's fair. They may try to come back and their account won't be there. I've always thought it would be cool to come back if I ever forgot about KMC.
However, with members like "Dream", I think they should be deleted. Also people that have been permanantly blocked, because they can't come back anyway.

I agree, I disappeared from KMC for about 8 months at one time, I think. What if it'd been only 4 months more, which it could easily have been? I would have lost my account... perhaps members should be removed if they haven't logged in and also have never posted? That would still clear the way for quite a few usernames smile

Soujaboy
Originally posted by Syren
I agree, I disappeared from KMC for about 8 months at one time, I think. What if it'd been only 4 months more, which it could easily have been? I would have lost my account... perhaps members should be removed if they haven't logged in and also have never posted? That would still clear the way for quite a few usernames smile

thumb up

Tempe Brennan
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=3261

The above person has stolen my username, and I demand it back.

They registered in 2003, and have only posted once, so I want to have that user name, thank you.

Think I'd be allowed to? smile

LilyMaree
Don't think so. erm

Tempe Brennan
I wonder why not...there are lots of good names that have been taken by people who never post!

Leo.M
Thats the rules. I don't make them up, its just the way it goes.

Bardock42
There has been discussion on the subject in the News and Question forum. I believe the verdict was that this option will not be available, at least not in the near future, I made be making things up, but I believe it is due to immense complications. I am sure you can search that forum for it though.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f13/

Tempe Brennan
Damn...what's with people signing up and never posting, anyway?

Passione
Originally posted by Tempe Brennan
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=3261

The above person has stolen my username, and I demand it back.

They registered in 2003, and have only posted once, so I want to have that user name, thank you.

Think I'd be allowed to? smile

How can they steal your name?

They joined in 2003 and you joined in 2008! So technically the name was theirs first.

But I know what you mean. Its awful when you went a name and somebody already has it and made like one maybe two posts and havent been on for a few years.

There is however a way that you could have your name. You might just need to play around with it first.

Leo.M
Originally posted by Passione
How can they steal your name?

They joined in 2003 and you joined in 2008! So technically the name was theirs first.

But I know what you mean. Its awful when you went a name and somebody already has it and made like one maybe two posts and havent been on for a few years.

There is however a way that you could have your name. You might just need to play around with it first.

I told her to do that. kind of. Wouldn't listen to Leo. No one ever does. weep

I went to your wedding. stick out tongue

Tempe Brennan
How can I have the name when someone else has it?

Bardock42
Damn...what's with people signing up and never posting, anyway? They might want to view pictures or use other possibilities KMC offers.

Passione is right though. You could probably take something like |3ones or BBones or Bone$ or Bonesisbest or Daniels 4 Ever.

No wait...the last one was taken.

HAHAHAHA. Too funny.

Leo.M
crylaugh

Tempe Brennan
Originally posted by Syren

I agree with this. It would be fair, at least, because the people who sign up here and never post get to keep their names.

Passione
How can I have the name when someone else has it?

You can have B0NES or ..::Bones::..

Syren
I agree with this. It would be fair, at least, because the people who sign up here and never post get to keep their names.

Just for the record, I still feel that way smile

Neo Darkhalen
I have never met anyone else with my username at all, I use it for everything it's my trademark.

But on the subject of bones like Passione said you could have anything, Bones, bones, B0nes, :Bones:, BONES, B.O.N.E.S ect.

ScarletSpeed
If I want to change my name to a specific thing but can't because someone else has got it, but the person who has it has 0 post count and hasn't been online for like 5 years.

is there anyway I can claim that name?no expression

just seems a bit unfair that I can't get a name cause someone who didn't even bother to post claimed it firstlaughing out loud

Nozdormu
Tough luck.. That's life..

ScarletSpeed
Originally posted by Nozdormu
Tough luck.. That's life..

shup.

Impediment
'Tis true. You won't be able to.

ScarletSpeed
something should be done

tis an outrageflashdur

Grand_Moff_Gav
Our Supreme Leader has spoken on this issue.

The matter is closed.

ScarletSpeed
Originally posted by Grand_Moff_Gav
Our Supreme Leader has spoken on this issue.

The matter is closed.

indeed the matter was closed, until you bumped this thread to throw your 2 cents in,

2 weeks later, might I add.

Phucked Up
Originally posted by ScarletSpeed
indeed the matter was closed, until you bumped this thread to throw your 2 cents in,

SS laying the smacketh down!

ScarletSpeed
Crazy Jabroni!

Grand_Moff_Gav
Originally posted by ScarletSpeed

Your excommunicated.

Strangelove
Your excommunicated. you're

Grand_Moff_Gav
Originally posted by Strangelove
you're

...thats it.

INTERDICT!

chillmeistergen
...thats it.

INTERDICT!

That's.

Grand_Moff_Gav
Originally posted by chillmeistergen
That's.

laughing out loud

I'm not making this easy on myself.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.