storms powers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

stormfront13
I think that storm can do a lot more than the writes let her- if you do than please state them

gambitindaflesh
Oh, sure, she can destroy the Earth I bet, but she's too good for that, so is Magneto apparantly...

gambitindaflesh
and Gambit... and the Professor....

pr1983
most of the x-men have been hyped beyond belief... iceman, gambit, storm, cyclops, emma...

they've been portrayed as gods in some cases, and wrongly too...

stormfront13
how has she been hyped??

pr1983
destroying planets? please... the only xman capable of that isn't even a regular member... magneto... storm controls weather, thats it.. its a good, strong power but nothing more... she is too old to develop any new planet destroying power... unless its handed to her...

hoorayforpeepee
when have cyclops, emma, and non-new sun gambit been hyped?

wuTa
i dont think storm can destoy the earth.....magneto can though

stormfront13
imo she can definitley do it if she is pissed enough- the weather can destroy entire cities, even countries- tsunamis tornados. imo if she ever got as mad as she did when doom trapped her in the chrome then she could do that whole day after tommorow movie

pr1983
Originally posted by hoorayforpeepee
when have cyclops, emma, and non-new sun gambit been hyped?

new sun is an alternate gambit, a writers pandering to his favourite character, normal gambit will never be that strong, even without his brain modifications,

emma's diamond form... shes a foot from cyclops' face yet isn't damaged, when only recently he levelled half a forest...

cyclops in new and uncanny x-men has been turned into an arrogant pr*ck, his powers are barely ever shown...

stormfront storm willl never be that powerful, thats like saying jean can affect every mind on earth, its simply too much for one mutant to do...

that doom thing was ridiculous...

wuTa
Originally posted by stormfront13
imo she can definitley do it if she is pissed enough- the weather can destroy entire cities, even countries- tsunamis tornados. imo if she ever got as mad as she did when doom trapped her in the chrome then she could do that whole day after tommorow movie

tooshay

stormfront13
what??

gambitindaflesh
Yeah, the Day After Tomorrow... Maybe she couldn't wipe out all life, but she could cause some incredible damage and if she let it go on for days, months, years, she may succeed some time.
Normal Gambit did have those powers after he went back in time and got his brain peice back he had his full power and he could distroy the world because he did, as New Sun.

gambitindaflesh
That's how he was able to kiss Rogue, remember? That was the whole purpose behind it.

pr1983
new sun is a travesty as far as writing is concerned, it was a blip, gambit will never be (brain mod or not) that powerful...

storm? come on... no way she control that much weather... she's no god...

gambitindaflesh
Of course these characters are hyped beyond belief, they're everyone's favorties and people can't get enough. They DO deserve it because they are everyones favorites, people love them and can't get enough.

Making Marvel money, right Pr?

a Gambit movie doesn't sound so rediculous when you think about it...

stormfront13
I said that she could do it if she got as mad as she did when she was trapped in chrome by doom. she was really mad when that happened

wuTa
you guys reply too fast....i agree with PR...she's a mutant not a god...she cant control that much weather even if she was PMSing

gambitindaflesh
because of the fan base, you know???

pr1983
Originally posted by gambitindaflesh
Of course these characters are hyped beyond belief, they're everyone's favorties and people can't get enough. They DO deserve it because they are everyones favorites, people love them and can't get enough.

Making Marvel money, right Pr?

a Gambit movie doesn't sound so rediculous when you think about it...

x-men has gone to hell writing wise... they don't deserve shit, they should be the way they were written, if they want to evolve, fine, but they're mutants, not avangers or the jla, the x-men are far behind when it comes to strength...

Originally posted by stormfront13
I said that she could do it if she got as mad as she did when she was trapped in chrome by doom. she was really mad when that happened

bullshit, one issue, it will never happen again, you get some idiot writer who doesn't know what he's doing, its happened to almost every xman possible...

because of the fan base, you know???

fanbase does not dictate ability (except wolverine apparently), and gambit has a smaller fanbase than a lot of other heroes...

stormfront13
i never said that it would actually happen- it was a what if- and cn we please get back on topic, if you think storm can do something the writers won't let her do then say so

pr1983
she can't, she's actually been overplayed in a lot of comics...

she is very powerful, but she aint superman/woman

gambitindaflesh
Ummm, not a good night for you Pr??? getting a little tempermental aren't we??? Not that I can talk, I've been raising hell in the Ultimate X Men forum... don't know what to say there Pr... you just think none are as powerful except Magneto???

gambitindaflesh
Overplayed??? Oh, come on, with all those people who hate Cyclops roaming around surley you can be a little more sympathetic to Storm lovers!!! You're starting to get mean and we all have a right to be obsessed with our favorites and we want them to be overplayed and you should respect that.

pr1983
i'm not angry at all, just blatantly honest...

the x-men are mutants, they are not gods, ive been reading comics for about... 15 years, i remember when x-men was about good storytelling, not creating a new godly powerful team of superheroes...

magneto, the professor and jean are the only exceptionally powerful members of the x-men... and jean is only barely...

overplaying characters powers is wrong, plain and simple. you want to give them their own comic, fine, you want to make them the centre of attention, thats fine, turning them into supermen is wrong.

stormfront13
i know that she can't! I said WHAT IF??

pr1983
what if?

if she was that powerful they would have to power up the other x-men, we wouldnt need the fantastic four or the avengers anymore...

gambitindaflesh
No, you're being blatently opinionated.

No one said they were Gods.

New Sun destroyed the world, where's the confusion?

if x men sucks now why are you so into it?

You are being pretty nasty Pr.

It's a fictional world, so you can't say what is and what isn't, there is no fact, it's a crazy world.

wuTa
if this is a what if scenerio than i wouldnt piss her off

what if storm was real and when you pleased her in bed you would get zapped by a lightning bolt...would you still have sex with her knowing your gonna get fryed

stormfront13
thanks gambit for well i don't know being nice

pr1983
No, you're being blatently opinionated.

No one said they were Gods.

New Sun destroyed the world, where's the confusion?

if x men sucks now why are you so into it?

You are being pretty nasty Pr.

It's a fictional world, so you can't say what is and what isn't, there is no fact, it's a crazy world.

stormfront did, and i keep hearing the old 'if gambits brain hadnt been altered he'd be as powerful as new sun', its simply not true...

i'm not being nasty, im being honest, there is no nastiness in my comments.

new sun is a joke... like logan surviving a nuke, gambit is not superman, i know your a fan but be realistic...

x-men does not suck, they had great writing for years, thats when i read it and got into it...

lately its been crap... the only redeeming features are the return of psylocke and colossus...

and wuta it would be worth it...

stormfront13
i only said what if it happened and that was it- you said it wouldn't ever

gambitindaflesh
Yeah your welcome, I love Pr, but... getting a little edgy with his opinions tonight.
I remember helping to defend agianst Cyclops hating jerks, so I figured he'de know better.

What!? sex with Storm and getting zapped... I, uh, will pretend I did not read that.

Got to go to bed, good night you guys, don't hate me Pr... just think you're getting out of line.

stormfront13
diddo with gambit

pr1983
you guys are misunderstanding me...

what if's are the most ridiculous comics in marvel... their writing is some of the poorest ever...

IF storm could control the weather completely: all the other x-men would need to be powered up, to even the balance, and x-men would go even more downhill...

nothing edgy about that...

stormfront13
can we get back on tpoic

pr1983
i AM on topic...

wuTa
laughing

Paola
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=12782

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.