"The Eye"

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Cinemaddiction
I heard alot about the movie, and after being sorely disappointed with "Taking Lives", I figured this may make up for it.

Unfortunately, I struck out again. It suffers from the "28 Days Later" false billing plague. It was supposed to be a horror movie, it wasn't. It was supposed to be scary, it wasn't. It was supposed to be original, it wasn't. It was like a Asian version of "The Sixth Sense" coupled with some various other "psychological thrillers".

It was a nice story..

An Asian girl recieves retinal transplants of somesort, after being blind since agae 2, and once acquiring said "new eyes", she's haunted with images of death taking people away, both young and old, either before or right when they die.

Unfortunately, it just didn't live up to it's hype for me, and I ended up fast forwarding a solid 15 minutes of the movie, just to get to the end.

Anyone else seen it, and wish to comment. Also, has anyone seen the "Tomie" trilogy, or any of them seperately?

The Redeemer
I've just seen THE EYE quite recently and I agree. I too was expecting more will all the hype I read. Even the much touted "elevator sequence" did'nt do very much for me.

THE OTHERS was miles better in my opinion and if it's scares you're after check out BLACK CHRISTMAS, a 1974 Canadian slasher with a young Lois Lane - Margot Kidder - that is virtually bloodless but long on atmosphere and unease.

...TR...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.