storm VS flash

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

stormfront13
since storm always fights in the air she will start out in the air- who wins??

kgkg
both can win if storm manages to move up in the air high enough then starts thundering flashs ass , she might (little hope ) of winning

other than flash will be so fast that storm won't hit him, but all storm needs in one good shot .

i give it to flash tho

demigawd
Agreed. Flash is too strong. In the span of time it takes for Storm to blink, Flash can go get a ladder, plant it solidly on the ground (checking to make sure it's well-balanced, so he doesn't fall down on the way up), run up the ladder and knock her on her head, run back down the ladder, bring it back where he found it (being sure to clean off any dirt on it), and run back to knock Storn on her head again, just to make sure she's out.

spetznaz
The Flash is beyond Storm's ability to counter. She could try saturating the area with thunderbolts galore, but the Flash would be a thousand miles away.
Lightning can be pretty darn fast (93,000 miles per second for the tip, although the more powerful return surge is far slower), but light is still even faster than that (186,282 miles per second).
The Flash could travel twice as fast as Storm's fastest lightning bolt. It should also be noted that while Storm's lightning can travel fast, her mind does not work near as fast (a normal nerve impulse to the brain travels at 0.6 miles per second). The Flash could outhink, outmaneuvre and outplay her.
Easy.

nigel45
Storm has no chance.

theflyxx
Flash wins.

C1nd3r
storm makes it snow and then rain on top = ice ... what will flash do?

nigel45
...kill her before she does that.

nigel45
Personally, I like demigawd's scenario, but Flash could also hurl pieces of debris at Storm at incredible speeds.

theflyxx
Originally posted by C1nd3r
storm makes it snow and then rain on top = ice ... what will flash do?

Move faster than said snow, rain, and ice.

C1nd3r
i mean what if she freezes the ground? can flash skate?

kgkg
well a well written flash won't be even touched by storm. someone who can move at light speed will run circles around her , before she make a move.

Mainstream
indeed....the black bombshell goes down old chum...fo shizzle and all that rot.

ZephroCarnelian
I think Storm's outclassed in this. He could play her at her own game and make a Tornado to suck her into, lol.

TraXtaRCR3
C'mon now just look at the custom avatar & singnature...
you know who i think will win!
This keeps me from going into long detailive discussions on how the boy would win like i have on other Flash threads, but if you do want precise info on any Flash or Speedsters (DC Universe only) just let me know!

nigel45
Originally posted by C1nd3r
i mean what if she freezes the ground? can flash skate?

Well if that's the case, he could run to the nearest town, grab some guy's ice skates and go back to the battle before Storm even knows he's gone. But that's completely unnecessary since he'll end this battle before Storm even has a chance to think of doing...anything.

Mainstream
storm don't have a snow balls chance in hell in his one.

illadelph12
Actually, depending on where the fight takes place, Storm might be able to pull something off. Since she begins in the air, she could create biblical force torrential rains, super hurricane strength winds, block out the sun with a dense cloud cover, super dense fog for zero visibility, and tidal waves, then send chain lightning through all of the water and literally create walls of electricity and electrocute everything in the area that was wet. I mean, since in this forum a character is supposed to be considered to go all out in a competition, she'd just fly up further out of Flash's reach, render him unable to see her, and just go completely ape $hit with her elemental powers. If Flash tried to counter by generating his own wind, Storm would be able to disperse it if she wished, plus she's natuarally immune to elemental damage.

Flash could out run lightning bolts, but if the whole area were electrified, it might be a different story.

Now, if Storm is dumb enough to stay in Flash's range of attack, she deserves to get her ass kicked. She begins in the air, if she's smart she just flies upward sending extreme winds at Flash and unleashes full tilt when she gets to an altitude of about 9,000-15,000 feet.

But, then again, Flash could throw a rock at her at mach speeds once the fight begins, and if he's accurate, could knock her out, but again, it depends on where the battle takes place and if that is available to him. If the fight takes place somewhere desolate and clear of debris, Storm has an advantage because she can create all of her arsenal. If it's in a city, on a beach, or somewhere with potential projectiles near by, Storm's f*cked (and not in the good way).

Mainstream
maybe storm could win were the weather wizard could not....just maybe.

ZephroCarnelian
No chance. Storm wouldn't stand a chance. Honestly.

It's the Flash.

What's to stop him picking up a load of pebbles and throwing them at her rapid-fire style. They'd go through her like rail-gun pellets, lol.

And he could do it before she'd even thought of electrifying the area.

Mainstream
okay Flash then.

DarkCrawler
Storm loses easily.

ebonyblade1
Flash is two powerful and unrealistic. he can cruise thru an atmosphere at light speed with out harming himself, others or the environment. that's just ridiculous. I mean does it explains how he decelerates when he goes at those speeds? Any way, it is hard to tell who can beat the flash because they keep changing the laws of physics in dc. She doesn't have to send lightning from heaven she can do it by on the ground by sending the curent direlctly into the area below her feet. She can do it mentally or with a touch of her hand. Unlike what they depict in the comic books or tv. He won't see it coming. only way to avoid it is if he can fly for extended periods of time. And if she is being really sadistic once she stuns him she can send all the electrons in the current area thru his body--boom, instant kentucky fried flash. I know the flash can move faster than thought. But d = rt, and t =d/r. so with enough distance she can beat the flash.

Mainstream
in theory ebonyblade1 you are correct if she's far enough away she can......"rain on the Flash's parade" quite literly.

nigel45
Originally posted by illadelph12
Actually, depending on where the fight takes place, Storm might be able to pull something off. Since she begins in the air, she could create biblical force torrential rains, super hurricane strength winds, block out the sun with a dense cloud cover, super dense fog for zero visibility, and tidal waves, then send chain lightning through all of the water and literally create walls of electricity and electrocute everything in the area that was wet. I mean, since in this forum a character is supposed to be considered to go all out in a competition, she'd just fly up further out of Flash's reach, render him unable to see her, and just go completely ape $hit with her elemental powers. If Flash tried to counter by generating his own wind, Storm would be able to disperse it if she wished, plus she's natuarally immune to elemental damage.

Flash could out run lightning bolts, but if the whole area were electrified, it might be a different story.

Now, if Storm is dumb enough to stay in Flash's range of attack, she deserves to get her ass kicked. She begins in the air, if she's smart she just flies upward sending extreme winds at Flash and unleashes full tilt when she gets to an altitude of about 9,000-15,000 feet.

But, then again, Flash could throw a rock at her at mach speeds once the fight begins, and if he's accurate, could knock her out, but again, it depends on where the battle takes place and if that is available to him. If the fight takes place somewhere desolate and clear of debris, Storm has an advantage because she can create all of her arsenal. If it's in a city, on a beach, or somewhere with potential projectiles near by, Storm's f*cked (and not in the good way).

That might work, but that would be under the assumption that the area is enclosed, lacking any form of debris, and completely formless. In any reasonable scenario, Flash wins easily.

nigel45
Originally posted by ebonyblade1
Flash is two powerful and unrealistic. he can cruise thru an atmosphere at light speed with out harming himself, others or the environment. that's just ridiculous. I mean does it explains how he decelerates when he goes at those speeds? Any way, it is hard to tell who can beat the flash because they keep changing the laws of physics in dc. She doesn't have to send lightning from heaven she can do it by on the ground by sending the curent direlctly into the area below her feet. She can do it mentally or with a touch of her hand. Unlike what they depict in the comic books or tv. He won't see it coming. only way to avoid it is if he can fly for extended periods of time. And if she is being really sadistic once she stuns him she can send all the electrons in the current area thru his body--boom, instant kentucky fried flash. I know the flash can move faster than thought. But d = rt, and t =d/r. so with enough distance she can beat the flash.

We're talking miles and miles and miles of distance between Storm and Flash for any of that to work in accordance with that equation.

DarkCrawler
Flash moves near lightspeed. That means that he can go around the world seven times in one seconds. How in hell is Storm going to hit him?

Linkalicious
Storm wins if she can:

-Fly up in the air.
-Create frigid enough temperatures to allow Flash to use his speed advantage
-then nail him with a lightning bolt.

Though the frigid temperatures would be tough to do, and ideally Flash could just vibrate his body to the point where he's generating heat to nullify the weather.

Flash wouldn't be able to do anything remotely close to "light speed" without doing uncanny destruction to the environment around him.

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by Linkalicious

Flash wouldn't be able to do anything remotely close to "light speed" without doing uncanny destruction to the environment around him.

illadelph12
This fight is dependent on location. The only way Storm could win would be in a place clear of any potential projectiles where it would just be powers verses powers.

stormfront13
k I have read everyones post and i realized that i never posted anything about the fight when I created it. k here is how it is, it is like contest of champions. they are teleported to a remote location, just a wide open field with nothing but hills and gras. since storm mostly always fights in the air than she will start out that way. imo storm wins. her wind is a lot like telekineses she can just send wind evrywhere and pick him up and throw him back on the ground. I agree thst it might be hard for him to run at his top speed when he is getting hypothermia.

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by stormfront13
k I have read everyones post and i realized that i never posted anything about the fight when I created it. k here is how it is, it is like contest of champions. they are teleported to a remote location, just a wide open field with nothing but hills and gras. since storm mostly always fights in the air than she will start out that way. imo storm wins. her wind is a lot like telekineses she can just send wind evrywhere and pick him up and throw him back on the ground. I agree thst it might be hard for him to run at his top speed when he is getting hypothermia.
He is not getting hypothermia.

And is there any stones in the area?

stormfront13
I said nothing but rolling hills and grass

demigawd
Running at half his top speed would still get him to her before she could think. I suppose if the fight starts with her way up in the air, she could do something...but that's putting an awful lot of advantages for her in the stips, isn't it?

You may as well call this the, "How can Storm beat Flash?" thread....

stormfront13
why some people think flash will destroy the whole place by running around in it. he can create tornados and is hard to hit.

nigel45
Flash could gather up all the grass in the area, ball it up in his hands and form a dense, brick-like prjectile to hurl at Storm, all before she can react.

stormfront13
the wind is like being telekinetic. she can throw it everywhere and pick him up and just throw him to the ground. that would never happen cause hse can repel attacks

nigel45
Now Storm is able to repel attacks that she can't see and that she has no idea are coming at her because they're moving faster than she can think? Wow, she's like, the best superhero ever. Brb, I'm going to start a series of Storm vs. Superman and Storm vs. Silver Surfer threads. Oooh, how about Storm vs. DC and Marvel universes?...

stormfront13
how can he throw something he can barely lift at the speed of thought. he doesn't have super strength. if he is runni ng at super speed then throwing it then it will prolly miss, cause if he stops to throw it then shelss prolly see him

Draco69
The Flash has faced many weather-based foes before (i.e. Weather Wizard). Storm is nothing new. No to mention the Flash can absorb lightening. Ever notice those yellow bolts following him around? It's static electricity. Flash has often used himself as a lightening rod during severe thunderstorms. And the Flash can generate tornadoes too.

Draco69
how can he throw something he can barely lift at the speed of thought. he doesn't have super strength. if he is runni ng at super speed then throwing it then it will prolly miss, cause if he stops to throw it then shelss prolly see him

A couple thousand bricks at Mach 10. One of them is gonna hit. And one is all he needs.

stormfront13
lightning isn't fast enought to him him so that won't work. but will work is storm creating tornados everywhere and a bunch of wind every where till she finds him. she has picked up foes before with her wind so she can just keep hurling him to the ground. if he tries to creakt a tornado then she can countyeract it with one of her own

DarkCrawler
lightning isn't fast enought to him him so that won't work.
I don't understand.

Till she finds him? What?

Flash will win by this:

Storm has no time react. Flash wins after two seconds from the beginning of the battle.

stormfront13
k hurling grass?? thats the stupidest thing I have ever herd. IT"S GRASS!!!! its not that strong

DarkCrawler
k hurling grass?? thats the stupidest thing I have ever herd. IT"S GRASS!!!! its not that strong

When it's hurled to you with lightspeed it will be.

stormfront13
and how will he pack it that tight withoput her seeing him

Draco69
Grass at .0001 miles per hour. Not gonna hurt. Grass at lightspeed with a speed force aura around it? (prevents it from bursting into flames from the friction) It's gonna hurt. But probably not enough to initially knock out Storm.

Draco69
and how will he pack it that tight withoput her seeing him

She can't see a man moving a lightspeed. He's as good as inivisible. And anything he throws is as good as invisible as well.

nigel45

You know what else is stupid? Every single argument I've heard in defense of Storm on this thread. SHE LOSES.

stormfront13
does the speed force aurora still happen even though he isn't touching it. it will go fast but not at lightspeed

DarkCrawler
does the speed force aurora still happen even though he isn't touching it. it will go fast but not at lightspeed

Fast enough to hurt Storm...

Draco69

He can induce anything into a speed force aura just by looking at it. Kid Flash was able to do it as well.

stormfront13
if it isn't moving at the speed of thought then it might not reach her- all it takes is a thought to move or to throw something at it to make it stop

DarkCrawler
if it isn't moving at the speed of thought then it might not reach her- all it takes is a thought to move or to throw something at it to make it stop

Oh, come on, Storm moves with normal human speed. If I would throw a ball behind you and you would know that I do it, would you have time to react? She is not the bast dodger in MU.

nigel45
Grass aside, there have got to be other things Flash could use. Unless this grass is growing out of some unbreakable (yet surprisingly fertile) metal, there's going to be some dirt around. Unless this dirt has been processed very carefully by hundreds (if not thousands of people) there are going to be some irregularities in it (i.e. rocks).

nigel45

Oh, so now STORM is able to find things to throw but FLASH isn't?

DarkCrawler
big grin

stormfront13
her lightning- after all she does havepowers of her own. she can also thro her wind faster than mach three so that would most likely stop it

nigel45
We've been over this, Flash (and anything he might throw) move faster than Storm can THINK.

spetznaz

Well, then you must not be very learned then!

I spent some time in the mid-west in 2004 (when the tornados were raging through Oklahoma and Kansas). Let me tell you what those twisters did.
They took grass and straw, and drove it THROUGH WOODEN DOORS!
It was insane.
After the storm there were grass blades jutting out of some doors.

If a twister can do that, what the heck can something moving at light speed do.

With sufficient speed a small object can cause amazing damage (our anti-missile defence system has a velocity kill vehicle that has no explosive. It uses sheer kinetic energy to destroy incoming nuclear warheads. It basically hits the incoming nuke at high mach speed, totally disintegrating the enemy warhead into cosmic dust. It literally atomizes the target, with nothing but a small object moving at amazing speed).

Imagine what the Flash could do?

And grass has killed people unfortunate enough to be in the midst of a twister. And these blades of grass and straw were not even going faster than 250mph. Imagine a blade of grass, protected by the speed force so it doesn't burn up, travelling at a fraction the speed of light towards Storm's cranium? Imagine a field of grass heading up towards her.
Remember the Flash can impart the speed force to objects, and he is fast enough to literally rip up every blade of grass in a several mile area and throw them up at Storm (in JLA:Trial by Fire he rescued an entire city by picking up people in ones and twos, and evacuating them miles away, in a fraction of a second while a nuclear detonation occured. He rescued 500,000 people in 0.001 of a second. If he can do that it would be nothing to pick up hundreds of thousands blades of grass and turning Storm into a mutant pincushion).

ebonyblade1
okay I really don't know how to quote people, but nigel45 says that "We're talking miles and miles and miles of distance between Storm and Flash for any of that to work in accordance with that equation."
Not necessarily, we all assume that dc has ignored the laws of physics and the flash doesn't need to accelerate. So he has to start out at zero before he can reach subluminal speed. Yeah I have seen what he can do in the comics, which is a mathematical impossibility in most cases. but we have to assume that he is not always moving at light speed it requires to much energy. He may be standing still, or cruising at 350mph. I know about that famous aura that they invented to explain his powers. it doesn't explain a lot of things. Like how can he breathe at that rate of speed. That's why when you look at old school speedster they can only go 100mph. Humans can't breathe in open air at mach 1. Not even at 300mph. Anyway you have seen nightwing in the comic catch wally with a bola, and kid flash get shot in the knee by deathstroke. He can't run at lightspeed forever. And since storm is going all out in an open area--there is nowhere to run and nowhere to hide. even throwing objects at light speed will not work because once it leaves his aura it is subject to friction, torrent winds, rain, hail and the durability of storms x-suit. he might as well try to hit her with a piece of paper and a rubberband.

Draco69
Originally posted by spetznaz
Well, then you must not be very learned then!

I spent some time in the mid-west in 2004 (when the tornados were raging through Oklahoma and Kansas). Let me tell you what those twisters did.
They took grass and straw, and drove it THROUGH WOODEN DOORS!
It was insane.
After the storm there were grass blades jutting out of some doors.

If a twister can do that, what the heck can something moving at light speed do.

With sufficient speed a small object can cause amazing damage (our anti-missile defence system has a velocity kill vehicle that has no explosive. It uses sheer kinetic energy to destroy incoming nuclear warheads. It basically hits the incoming nuke at high mach speed, totally disintegrating the enemy warhead into cosmic dust. It literally atomizes the target, with nothing but a small object moving at amazing speed).

Imagine what the Flash could do?

And grass has killed people unfortunate enough to be in the midst of a twister. And these blades of grass and straw were not even going faster than 250mph. Imagine a blade of grass, protected by the speed force so it doesn't burn up, travelling at a fraction the speed of light towards Storm's cranium? Imagine a field of grass heading up towards her.
Remember the Flash can impart the speed force to objects, and he is fast enough to literally rip up every blade of grass in a several mile area and throw them up at Storm (in JLA:Trial by Fire he rescued an entire city by picking up people in ones and twos, and evacuating them miles away, in a fraction of a second while a nuclear detonation occured. He rescued 500,000 people in 0.001 of a second. If he can do that it would be nothing to pick up hundreds of thousands blades of grass and turning Storm into a mutant pincushion).

Not to mention The Flash managed to get them within safe distance away from the explosion. And he wasn't even in the area at that time. He was in America trying shut off the nuclear weapon system.

Draco69
okay I really don't know how to quote people, but nigel45 says that "We're talking miles and miles and miles of distance between Storm and Flash for any of that to work in accordance with that equation."
Not necessarily, we all assume that dc has ignored the laws of physics and the flash doesn't need to accelerate. So he has to start out at zero before he can reach subluminal speed. Yeah I have seen what he can do in the comics, which is a mathematical impossibility in most cases. but we have to assume that he is not always moving at light speed it requires to much energy. He may be standing still, or cruising at 350mph. I know about that famous aura that they invented to explain his powers. it doesn't explain a lot of things. Like how can he breathe at that rate of speed. That's why when you look at old school speedster they can only go 100mph. Humans can't breathe in open air at mach 1. Not even at 300mph. Anyway you have seen nightwing in the comic catch wally with a bola, and kid flash get shot in the knee by deathstroke. He can't run at lightspeed forever. And since storm is going all out in an open area--there is nowhere to run and nowhere to hide. even throwing objects at light speed will not work because once it leaves his aura it is subject to friction, torrent winds, rain, hail and the durability of storms x-suit. he might as well try to hit her with a piece of paper and a rubberband.

Wrong. The aura can be imparted to any object he desires. The Flash can run at lightspeed for a very long time. He once transcended lightspeed for several weeks nonstop in order to find Shimmer.

stormfront13
k but how can he throw something at the speed of thought?? he doesn't have super strength. it will move fast but hardly at the speed of thought. storm never stays in one spot during a fight. and spet how do any of us know what the grass looked like you were the only one there

Draco69
You don't seem to understand. The aura he projects makes the object go into hyper velocity. It has nothing to do with strength.

Flash has thrown bricks at Deathstoke at lightspeed. There's really no arguing this point.

Storm will be knocked out before she knows what hits her. A brick at Mach 10. She can't dodge nor react to that. ( And Mach 10 would be a mercy killing)

stormfront13
k but still grass?? that is beyond the stupidest thing ever said, and thee terrain is miles and miles long as I said before. and she will see him packing it all in and then she can hit it.if he doesn't pack it in then it will all be separate and will prolly miss her. also storm can deflect attacks but since it is moving so fast maybe she can't do it this time.

Swanky-Tuna
It's because of his speed he can throw objects so fast. Imagine you're up in the air and a red streak is firing a machine gun stream of debris at you. Those dirt clods have to at least feel like bean bag rounds, which according to this article are supposed to feel like a punch from Mike Tyson.

And the actual packing process would take a fraction of a second. She's not going to realize what he's doing until a few have been lobbed at her already.

stormfront13
i'm not sure but i think we were talkin about like 20 miles of grass packed onto one big ball type thing but how can he pack it all together. his best chance is throwing that grass blades at her and they are so small they definitley have a chance of missing

Draco69
You really don't seem to understand. A hundred thousand grass blades going at lightspeed. Storm would not be able to dodge it, react to it or counter it. It's impossible. A grass blade at 250 mph has been labeled to go through brick walls. A grass blade at light speed will go right through her. Along with the unavoidable wave of grass blades that supplement it.

stormfront13
i know all that i said because they are so small most of them might miss

Draco69
Some of them might miss. But most of them wouldn't. It's like trying to dodge rain.

illadelph12
Like I said, Storm's only hope is a fight in a location where Flash has to rely solely on his powers and has no objects to throw at her, like a barren arena with boundaries. Any conventional encounter goes to Flash. If they got teleported to a place with only an atmosphere and a surface to stand/walk/run on and were told to fight, Storm would win.

TraXtaRCR3
OH MY GOD i have been reading this thread and am in shock of peoples ignorance!!!

QUOTE: stormfront13 (to name one)
"k but still grass?? that is beyond the stupidest thing ever said, and thee terrain is miles and miles long as I said before. and she will see him packing it all in and then she can hit it.if he doesn't pack it in then it will all be separate and will prolly miss her. also storm can deflect attacks but since it is moving so fast maybe she can't do it this time."

listen do you people (the ignorant ones) understand that when Flash runs, time STOPS and moves incredibly slow and will take minutes for 1 second to pass.
Now knowing this do you honestly think that Storm can see the man run around colecting grass bunduling it into a base ball throw it at her and knock her off her ass !!!!

NO SHE WONT!!!

The only thing that that weather forcaster can do is controll weather.
In a fight if the bell rings and your opponent has allready knocked you out before the sound of the bell goes away do you honestly think you ever had a chance!

Stop trying to make points just cause you like the character this isnt going to help there personal status and its not going to make them stronger or faster.

Point being even if Storm does start off in rain ,hail, sleet, now, up in the air ...its a bird its a plane ...WHATEVER
Time WILL freeze for that split second and she would have not even seen or thought about any attaks coming !!!

Oh and about oh she will be to high in the air blah blah blah!
Do you realize that Flash can run on air...YES...on air
his feet move so fast that he can step on it.

I forget what comic of JLA it is that Flash is up in space(with a space suit) and hes on the moon or something. Any ways his ship has began to leave him behind and is already up in the air. well since in space there is no air you know what he does......... in that split second he takes moon dust throws it torwards the space ship and uses it as steps to run on to get to the space ship!!! dust yo ....DUST!

I am pretty sure that everyone that is in agreement with me is still wondering why you people keep on insisting that that weather fairy has a chance!

Sorry if i seem hostile but i was left with no choice
no hard feelings.

ebonyblade1
No, the aura can't be imparted to anything. Every bio say he has to be touching the object. You must be talking about his kinetic energy control. That only works if it is in his wake. He can give speed to it or take speed from it but he can't throw it. So he either drags objects behind him at his speed or steals there speed and move past it. Like jay garrick did to black adam when he wanted to go thru time. He can throw things at a decent speed, but he can not throw it any faster than the environment will allow because the aura is a proximity thing. So essentially whatever he throws at storm she will be able to send it right back to him. "Transcend lightspeed for several weeks" ? That doesn't make any sense I saw when he rescued the 500,000 in 0.001 seconds, I also saw that he was clearly exhausted. I need to read that story--I am sure that when you transcend lightspeed you actually enter into the speed force so he is not on this plane of existence. It is different since the speed force will either sustain him or absorb him. But in this plane of existence where the fight is actually going on he will not be able to sustain lightspeed for long and even if he can--which I seriously doubt--Ororo can tap into the electrical field of the earth itself. she can literally swat the entire fighting area with an electric grid. It would be like a bug running into a zapper. Oh and contrary to popular belief the yellow streak that you see when the flash runs is not lightning and he is not invulnerable to electricity.

TraXtaRCR3
No Incorect he does not have to be holding it or have it in his path! the Flash can take or give speed energies to outside objects or people.......Yes even grass made base balls!!

ebonyblade1
okay the grass throwing against someone that can control wind is just dumb. You are a fan of the flash and you don't know how his power works. And i can understand you may not had in physics, so that's no big deal. But I am placing all my bets on knowledge of each of their powers and what little physics the comics use in their particular universe. You are litterally grasping for straws trying to figure out how the flash can beat storm. I am sure you can figure out that while he is running in air he is not running at full speed. That makes him susceptible to storms power. He is not grounded but since storm can control the direction and intensity of the lightning she put out, she can hit him with a direct hit and fry him, or stun him or stop his heart with just the smallest amount of electricity.

spetznaz
k but how can he throw something at the speed of thought?? he doesn't have super strength. it will move fast but hardly at the speed of thought. storm never stays in one spot during a fight. and spet how do any of us know what the grass looked like you were the only one there

I am replying to the part where you state: "...and spet how do any of us know what the grass looked like you were the only one there."

Are you calling me a liar?
Let me tell you something, when those sirens go off and the TV reports a funnel has touched down 15 miles from where you are, things start getting hairy.
Even though the twister might be miles away it still feels as if a freight train is running through your front yard.

And as for the twister driving straw through wood.
Ok, you say that how can you know that since i was 'the only one there.'

Well, if you decided to do a simple search on the many effects of a tornado, you would find out that one of them is its ability to drive everything from planks of wood to blades of grass through solid objects as if they were bullets.
You would learn that most people killed by twisters are finished by flying debris going at between 100-250 mph.
You would learn that small pebbles are driven through walls.
And that grass is driven into trees as if the grass was made of solid steel.

Knowledge is your friend.
Use some of the time you would normally spend on KillerMoviesForum debating if Thor is stronger than Superman to try and educate yourself on matters beyond comic books before you come here and call me a liar.

ebonyblade1
yeah well, I am tired of arguing. let him throw anything he wants. when she taps into earth's electrical grid the field she use to destroy him and protect herself will not allow anything through. I do not care what speed and what he throws with the exception of adamantium. Lightning will burn thru it. People who walk away from lightning strikes never get hit with the full force of it. If a human being was actually struch by lightning. They would be incinerated.

TraXtaRCR3
If he was running full speed she wouldnt see him at all
Not running at full speed, is still a speed which she cannot see!

And I dont know anything about him...PLEASE!

Look i can drop knowledge on any speedster, backgrounds and their powers in the DC Universe just ask...

dont insult my intelegence!

Jamaican
"yeah well, I am tired of arguing. let him throw anything he wants. when she taps into earth's electrical grid the field she use to destroy him and protect herself will not allow anything through. I do not care what speed and what he throws with the exception of adamantium. Lightning will burn thru it. People who walk away from lightning strikes never get hit with the full force of it. If a human being was actually struch by lightning. They would be incinerated."

All of these things that you guys are claiming are true, they could hurt him. But how are you going to hurt something that is so fast, that it kills you by the time you realize what you're going to do? Also, who cares if she is in the air? When on an alien world with his only way off a transporter beam which had sweeped past his point of departure moments before he arrived, He quickly scooped up a handful of sand and tossed it into the sky, then ran up the falling grains of sand to reach the beam before it winked out. Meaning he could reach her even if she started off the fight in the air, maybe by using grass this time instead of sand. Storm could beat him, given she had the time, and that's the one major thing that Flash definetely has more control over.

nigel45
yeah well, I am tired of arguing. let him throw anything he wants. when she taps into earth's electrical grid the field she use to destroy him and protect herself will not allow anything through. I do not care what speed and what he throws with the exception of adamantium. Lightning will burn thru it. People who walk away from lightning strikes never get hit with the full force of it. If a human being was actually struch by lightning. They would be incinerated.

Were talking fractions of a second before she gets hit with a barrage bullet-like projectiles.

TraXtaRCR3
Thanks Jamaican...thats wassup! LOL

stormfront13
Use some of the time you would normally spend on KillerMoviesForum debating if Thor is stronger than Superman to try and educate yourself on matters beyond comic books before you come here and call me a liar.

k spet i am not callin you a liar and I know what a tornado can do because I am such a storm fan that I read about the weather all the tima and in recent comics storm drove hay straws right through a brick wall. I was just stating that it might not be valid cause some people might not know that tornados can actually do that. srry if I came off the wrong way

illadelph12
"in that split second he takes moon dust throws it torwards the space ship and uses it as steps to run on to get to the space ship!!! dust yo ....DUST!"

You know, I try not to show any bias because I like DC and Marvel equally, and Green Lantern is my favorite character, but that's just f*ckin ridiculous and stupid.

How da f*ck is Flash going to run on a trail of f*ckin moon dust in zero gravity??? And how is that trail of dust, being tossed in zero gravity, going to f*ckin make it to the ship?? That's right up there with sneezing away galaxies. DC writers must have that super bomb weed man, wow.

TraXtaRCR3
Super bomb weed or no bomb weed the mans that fast and it still happend!
Jamaicans statement is the actuall incodent i believe

mine not exactly the same but close enough to the same boundaries!

Hegemon875
comic books are all about unbelievability if you dont know that you dont know comics.

TraXtaRCR3
Thank you Hegemon875

nigel45
k spet i am not callin you a liar and I know what a tornado can do because I am such a storm fan that I read about the weather all the tima and in recent comics storm drove hay straws right through a brick wall. I was just stating that it might not be valid cause some people might not know that tornados can actually do that. srry if I came off the wrong way

I know it's not really my place to intervene in an argument between two other people, but stormfront, it doesn't make sense to say that just because some people might not know something it isn't valid. It's a fact, no matter how many people know it.

Victor Von Doom
Flash.

Logic- speed.

Script: *run really quick, hits with a brick* (rapped by narrator)

Done.

Hegemon875
I happen to be a DC fan myself, but anyone who thinks storm could take flash down doesnt know much about any comics.

Jamaican
"Oh and contrary to popular belief the yellow streak that you see when the flash runs is not lightning and he is not invulnerable to electricity."

What is that yellow streak then?

TraXtaRCR3
Oh i got it if its not lightning it must be yellow paint that the artist spilled on the book as he was drawing it and has kept it all these yrs.
Thats It! LMAO

Superherovandal
dude that is the Speed Force Aura

stormfront13
"but anyone who thinks storm could take flash down doesnt know much about any comics."- posted by hegemon

k hegemon i know a ton about comics- I think storm could beat flash cause if he can't reach her then he basically hurt her. i know he can create tornados and stuff but she can counter act them with her own wind. imo without the grass storm wins. who knew he would throw grass at her?? i certantley didn't think he would

Draco69
Bricks, debris, tires, bottles, etc. The Flash still wins regardless. The Flash has already spent several years fighting weather-based foes, Storm is no different.

stormfront13
i know but I put them in a remote place- just polling planes and fields- no trees, rocks, nothing.

Draco69
Fine. The Flash imparts his molecular energy into her system thus overloading her. He used it on several foes such as Piper and Flow.

stormfront13
what does he do??

nigel45
Just so I'm clear, are we supposed to assume that there is not even so much as a layer of dirt beneath the grass?

Draco69
He basically makes their brain system and molecular composition overload. It knocks them unconscious. Although poor Flow was turned to steam.

theflyxx
Flash would win this so quickly, it's not even funny.

stormfront13
to draco does he have to touch them to do that?? cuae i let storm start in the air since that is how she usually fights

Draco69
He doesn't have to touch them. He just concentrates and looks at his opponent. His speed force aura takes care of the rest.

ayjay
thats all good...but how will she hit flash?

stormfront13
k since he can do that aurora thing he wins- and ayjay using the wind is like using telepathy- she can lift him up and keep throwing him to the ground. but now that i know he has that aurora transfering power he wins

TraXtaRCR3
also if he was put into a tornado (which he wouldnt) he could just run in the opposite direction and put it out!

nigel45
Finally, stormfront is coming around.

stormfront13
yeah its cause i didn't know that he had that aurora passing power

TraXtaRCR3
ok but either way before u were saying that if shes in the air how would he get to her...i posted earlier he can run on air and all his attacks are in the blink of an eye .
i dont understand y u werent understanding that . she wouldnt know. time freezez for him like i said before so even if hes trying to run up to her using less than light speed she still canot see him and im sure everyone was wondering why u werent uderstanding that?

stormfront13
if time freezes when he runs then how can you fight side by side with him. that is why i didn't understand. if time freezes around him when he runs then it would be hard when he fights with a team. he seems more of a solo fighter to me

Swanky-Tuna
It's a perspective thing. To Flash, when he's using his speed, everything seems incredibly slow. That's why he can think and turn and stop at the right times and stuff. To everybody else he's just a blur.

stormfront13
ooog i thought he literally meant that time stopped

Cosmic Cube
In a featureless environment, one without pebbles or any other such weaponry, Storm does stand a chance of survival. Flash needs proper footing to run, he has been seen to slide on slick surfaces such as oil, or ice.

What storm could do to hurt him; THAT is beyond me.

stormfront13
i already said flash will win but to answer cosmics question she has picked up people that have superspeed in a fight before with ehr wind. wind is like having telekinesis she can just keep slammin him on the ground

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by Draco69
He basically makes their brain system and molecular composition overload. It knocks them unconscious. Although poor Flow was turned to steam.

Are you sure you don't mean "biokinetic energy transferal?" "Molecular energy" is an oxymoron. Why "molecular energy" or "biokinetic" energy would affect the nervous system is beyond me. Sounds to me like Flash is more powerful than Superman, or anyone else in the JLA for that matter.

Swanky-Tuna
It's not quite the same. Wind can be outran or dodged for instance.

stormfront13
that is what I was wondering

DarkCrawler

She-f*king-doesn't-have-time!

DarkCrawler
i already said flash will win but to answer cosmics question she has picked up people that have superspeed in a fight before with ehr wind. wind is like having telekinesis she can just keep slammin him on the ground

Those "people" are like snails compared to Flash.

TraXtaRCR3
Quote: stormfront13

"if time freezes when he runs then how can you fight side by side with him. that is why i didn't understand. if time freezes around him when he runs then it would be hard when he fights with a team. he seems more of a solo fighter to me"

time doesent freeze for everyone its freezez for him giving him the window of opportunity.

and yes he does seem like he could be a solo hero but.....
I cannot quote who said it but i read it in the super man homepage. they said that the reason that they dont have him zipping from left to right without getting touched is because they dont want to have it be as if he diddnt need the JLA or was just so fast that he can keep taking everyone out without a scratch,that way it keeps the story interesting. Think about it, would it be cool if every time you read the book it was 2 pages long because everytime hed just zoom through and kick everyones ass, cuz thats how long it would be.

Now as much as we'd like to see that it wouldnt be much of a story now would it?!? no excitement , nothing interesting to keep people reading...
Basically for the same reason that they made all those changes to Superman. Like Pre-Crisis Superman where he'd basically have some random ass powers like flicking the earth away with a pinky and stuff or something radical like that. Thats why people started complaing...(Marvel) saying he was to strong and everyone else was at a dis-advantage blah blah blah. Well same concept here they have to give it some kind of boundries if not we'd have psyco super people walking around with to much bloody power and that nobody could ever defeat.

he basically has the ability to do so but they never write or show him doing it unless its a life or death end of the world thing, and since here this isnt a script he can basically use the peak of his powers to beat her from the start.

and to add these abilitys are nowhere near the peak when he is completely absorbed into the Speed Force and converted from a mere man into pure energy ...but thats a whole nother story!

nigel45

You keep saying that, but it still doesn't mean it will actually work, or that she'll have the time to do it.

Alpha Centauri
Hahahahaha.

"She could just send out loads of wind and blow him into the ground".

This is a guy who thinks Storm could beat Wonder Woman, Dr. Doom and Polaris. Oh yeah and Iron-Man.

-AC

theflyxx
Thought signals travel at speeds ranging between 20 and 30 meters per second.

The Flash can travel at lightspeed which is 186,355 miles per second.

Before Storm could even think about attacking or defending herself, the Flash would already have kicked her ass.

Flash wins.

Case closed.

End of discussion.

ZephroCarnelian
Here here lol.

stormfront13
i already said flash would win AC don't say i haven't if i already have- read the intire thread.

Lord-of-Dreams
Originally posted by illadelph12
Like I said, Storm's only hope is a fight in a location where Flash has to rely solely on his powers and has no objects to throw at her, like a barren arena with boundaries. Any conventional encounter goes to Flash. If they got teleported to a place with only an atmosphere and a surface to stand/walk/run on and were told to fight, Storm would win.
No. Flash doesn't need to throw anything. He could wave his hand and have the windstream chop of Storm's head. He could. He could bob his head and send Storm crashing down as a result of a sonic boom. It's like someone with no legs and no arms and no means of movement against a guy with a gun. Storm simply can't win.

stormfront13
we've already established that

Koala MeatPie
Storm Wins, She can Just ban Flash's Ass.

grey fox
Storm get's PWND

stormlover
I agree. Storm can win no matter how fast flash is.

snoopdogg
since storm always fights in the air she will start out in the air- who wins?? Flash creates a vortex sucking all of the air out making Storm fall to her death.

superman420sexy
Originally posted by Darth Vegas
Thought signals travel at speeds ranging between 20 and 30 meters per second.

The Flash can travel at lightspeed which is 186,355 miles per second.

Before Storm could even think about attacking or defending herself, the Flash would already have kicked her ass.

Flash wins.

Case closed.

End of discussion.

I agree on who ould win but you actually downgraded flash's powers. The speed of light according to google is 299 792 458 m / s in a vacuum so acually yeah, nvrmnd,the speed you posted is about how fast he is on earth

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by stormlover

no

StyleTime
Originally posted by stormlover
http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/1680/snoop5xo.gif

DarkCrawler
http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/1680/snoop5xo.gif

laughing out loud

stormfront13
can we just let this thread die? obviously flash wins and the people who voted for storm(like myself) were just being ignorant.

blackwarrior
Storm wins easily. Flash is way..way...way over-rated.

DarkCrawler
Jesus...you don't know anything about Flash, do you? What the f**k?

Explain how he is overrated.

Fox Summers
Just Storm?
Heck, Flash could take out Storm, Cyclops, Wolverine, and Nightcrawler all at the same time while taking a break to raid their fridge in the X-mansion.

Murda Mase
Flash wins

Then kills the Marvel Universe

stormfront13
Originally posted by blackwarrior

if anything flash is under-rated

Black Adam
ninja

Accel
Originally posted by Murda Mase
Flash wins

Then kills the Marvel Universe
laughing out loud

Grimm22
Spite Thread no expression

Flash wins this

100000000/10

Accel
Not really spite thread, just a mismatch. The threadstarter is a big fan of Storm.

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by Black Adam
ninja http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/6283/deadninja1ci.gif

rotiart
Storm is hardly every punched in the face. Howsabout 10 punches. 20? 100? 100,000? That was all in under a minute. Flash wins. hands down. Storm may have godlike powers. But she has never exhibited faster than normal human reflexes. Good thing flashes costume is already red, he'd have a hell of a time washing out all that blood.
Flash 10/10
storm :sad

Black Adam
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/6283/deadninja1ci.gif

cat

badabing
Originally posted by blackwarrior
How exactly will Storm win?

batdude123
Flash>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Storm

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>