Vivisection

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

drunk_nazgul
What do you think?

If you need more info, go to http://rds.yahoo.com/S=2766679/K=vivisection/v=2/SID=e/TID=DFX2_9/l=WS1/R=1/IPC=us/SHE=0/H=1/SIG=11jimokel/EXP=1110262782/*-http%3A//www.vivisectioninfo.org/

Capt_Fantastic
Come on, there are plenty of perfectly healthy babies out there to perform these procedures on! Besides, how will you know how it will effect a human, unless you perfom it on a little human? Babies were born to fulfill this role.

Bardock42
Indeed, I agree, but since most people don't approe of that lets make a deal and we just do it on animals

PVS
imo it depends on what the experiment is.
i posted an article a while back about the development of the first
thought controlled robotic arm. it was necessary for those scientists to use
an ape in order to see if this thing worked. in such a case, i find it acceptable.

but in the case of using animals to test household chemicals, and anything NOT for the advancement of mankind, but for the improvement of a nonessential product is appalling.

Tptmanno1
Yea, tests have ALWAYS been done on living animals, How are you gonna test a new vaccine on a dead animal? But theres a line like PVS said...

SlipknoT
They should test on humans before animals

FeceMan
I thought vivisection was more used as a term for surgery without anesthesia. Ah, The Island of Doctor Moreau...

Echuu
Originally posted by PVS
imo it depends on what the experiment is.
i posted an article a while back about the development of the first
thought controlled robotic arm. it was necessary for those scientists to use
an ape in order to see if this thing worked. in such a case, i find it acceptable.

but in the case of using animals to test household chemicals, and anything NOT for the advancement of mankind, but for the improvement of a nonessential product is appalling.

yeah i agree with pvs- just as long as the experiments aren't pointless

King Burger
Yeah, it's like those companies that test new perfumes and
deodorants on animals. That's not right.

Reminds me of fur, killing a whole bunch of animals so that some
rich b**** can show off how rich her husband is.

Even when it comes to experiments for vital things like medicine,
one would think that science has advanced enough that there
wouldn't be so much experimentation.

What this comes down to is this strange and rarely-heard concept
known as empathy. Animals may not be as smart or as "self-aware"
as us, but they still fell pain and suffering. I don't think any one
of us would like to go through even one-tenth the physical pain
that these animals go through.

Adam_PoE
Originally posted by King Burger
I don't think any one of us would like to go through even one-tenth the physical pain that these animals go through.

Which is why we test on animals and not people.

drunk_nazgul
You guys should see the pictures though. And some of the reasons are just so horrific.
Why would we want to know that almonds kill foxes?

Tptmanno1
Animals don't knwo their alive, so I don't feel bad for them being hurt, They are like plants, why does noone talk about plant cruelty? Its the same thing as animals, just some are cuter.

Afro Cheese
Huh? How do you figure that animals don't know they are alive, of course they do. They aren't plants, they are sentient and they do suffer. There's no such thing as "plant cruelty" because in order to be cruel to something you have to make it feel some sort of pain, plants feel no pain.

I'm not arguing against animal testing, just saying don't kid yourself, they are very aware of pain and they do know they're alive.

King Burger
Originally posted by Tptmanno1
Animals don't knwo their alive, so I don't feel bad for them being hurt, They are like plants, why does noone talk about plant cruelty? Its the same thing as animals, just some are cuter.

Jeez, I can only imagine how you treated your pets growing up.
"Gee ma, what's wrong with slitting the cat's throat? It's not it
was alive or somethin'".

shaber
Originally posted by FeceMan
I thought vivisection was more used as a term for surgery without anesthesia. Ah, The Island of Doctor Moreau...

Mine is the hand that carries the whip raver

PVS
Originally posted by Tptmanno1
Animals don't knwo their alive, so I don't feel bad for them being hurt,

i strongly disagree, in fact i think animals have a drive to live that dwarfs that of humans.

the difference is that animals dont have the capacity to reflect upon their own lives, or fear what happens AFTER death. but its very foolish to believe that animals dont feel pain, and more important, FEAR pain.

A4E
I agree...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.