I hope they do not remake Day of the Dead

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ejay1
I don't think they should remake Day of the Dead, its bad enough they had to make the zombies in "Dawn of the Dead"2004 mimic the zombies from 28 days later. It would be a travesty if they remade Day of the Dead with a director not named Romero. The only way Day should be remade is if Romero directed it and they went back to the slow shuffling zombies. Or instead of vandalizing a classic and make up their own zombie movie for the MTV generation, you can make zombies superhuman and able to use the internet for all I care as long as you don't use the storyline and title from Day of the Dead. Which I think along with the Original Dawn and Night are the greatest zombie movies ever made.

Cinemaddiction
I'll just agree, neither really needed to be revisited, but "Day" certainly doesn't because IMO, it isn't anywhere near as good as "Dawn".

AcidArgyle
I REALLY enjoyed the remake of Dawn of the Dead. and i'm a stickler.. plus the original Dawn of the Dead is my favorite zombie movie of all time... with "Zombie" and "Day" coming in a close second and 3rd.

I also liked how the zombies were Still slow and scuffling when theyre weren't people around to excite them into a panic... i'm ok with them moving fast.. they were a bit creepier in 28 days later (another excellent movie) but still i thought the remake was great! i want to see it again

ejay1
I agree the remake for Dawn was good compared to the crap hollywood throws at us. Movies like 28 Days later and House of the dead are examples of movies that are more intrested in making money than entertaining the audience. Watching the trailer was more entertaining then the movies. And I disagree fast zombies are an adrelaline rush not creepy. Its like saying riding a roller coaster is creepier than staying overnight in a cemetery or sleeping with a rotting corpse six feet under. Its why a lot of MTV generatioon people watched 28 days later. They would rather watch an adreneline rushed zombie movie then a genuinely creepy zombie movie with slow zombies that would get them scared and give them nightmares later on. I admit after watching the dead trilogy or the remake of NOTLD I locked all the doors to the house before I went to sleep.

BackFire
I would love to see Day of the Dead remade by Romero. So he could make the film he originally wrote. Had he made Day of the Dead the way he wanted, it would have been the ultimate zombie film. It's a shame they made him water it down so much.

AcidArgyle
I know what you're saying.. you can't beat the slow creepy zombies...

I disagree about "28 Days Later" though.. I thought it was great! and im a horror movie fan-atic. =)

not because they were fast (even thought that was explained by the "rage" virus) but it really dealt more with the characters dealing with being alone in society and "what happens now", similar to the original Dawn movie... no, 28 days was Very well done. You really cared about the characters and even though the zomibes were fast, they were so fast and raged it was hella scary...

now House of the dead was absolutely terrible.. my... god... the worst movie ive seen in a long time...

But the remake of Dawn was so good. better than i was anticipating.... not as good as the original but its up there in my list of "top zombie movies". =)

ejay1
Originally posted by AcidArgyle
I know what you're saying.. you can't beat the slow creepy zombies...

I disagree about "28 Days Later" though.. I thought it was great! and im a horror movie fan-atic. =)

not because they were fast (even thought that was explained by the "rage" virus) but it really dealt more with the characters dealing with being alone in society and "what happens now", similar to the original Dawn movie... no, 28 days was Very well done. You really cared about the characters and even though the zomibes were fast, they were so fast and raged it was hella scary...

Yes 28 Days later would have made a great Sci-Fi movie. From the point of view of it being a movie about an apocalypse. Zombie movies are generally creepy because they are so unnatural. And the fact that they look so hedious and want to eat you freaks me out. Slow zombies represents your demise slowly catching up to you. Come on you can't run forever and they will still be there walking and waiting for you to mess up.

Zilverz
I agree Day of the Dead should only be redone by Romero... the one he calls "dead reckoning" were he can implement the ideas he couldnt in Day.

although I would like to see a sequel to the recent Dawn of the Dead though

Lord Soth
I'm not averse to remakes, I'm only aware that most are terrible. The TCM remake was pretty good, and Dawn of the Dead kicked ass. If they want to remake it, so be it. We can't stop them. The only thing we can hope for (if they decide to), is that they do it well

Evil Dead
I have no problem with remakes........as long as they stick to the story of the original movie. It doesn't have to be a shot for shot retelling....but the original plot, plot devices and pivitol scenes should still be in there.

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre and Dawn of the Dead are both horrible remakes. They are completely different from the originals. I think the titles should have been changed to reflect that. They should have either had completely different names (with a based on _______ credit at the beginning) or names that reflect the differences......like : The Texas Chainsaw Massacre : Revisited ......or something.

ejay1
The reason Im against remaking Day of the Dead, is because most people who want to have a remake of it hated the original. And they want to completely change the storyline and MTVize it, but keep the title. Which pretty much sucks, thank goodness that Romero owns the rights for that movie. Maybe Hollywood would make a MTV zombie and give it a different name and see it crash because they don't have a classic title on it AKA: House of the Dead. All you people who want to change Day of the Dead leave it alone, if you don't like it then don't watch. Just wait for the sequeals of House of the Dead, RE, and 28 Days Later and every other MTV horror movie crap Hollywood throws at you.

Dario Argento
You are so right. It is nice to here other people say that they like the slow growling beast better than the fast ones. Running zombies aren't intimidating.

Pablo G
Neither are slow ones, unless they come in large quantities

ejay1
But they always come out in large quantities. Besides fast zombies look more like wild animals than walking corpses.

BackFire
Well, running zombies are extremely intimidating. But the slow ones have that neat quality to them in which they seem so harmless and almost nice. Then they end up ripping someone to pieces.

amlap
i agree

if they are gonnam make a horror remake of any movie that i liked ill watch it. whether im told it is good or not. but the dawn of the dead remake wasnt a remake at all, it was more of a movie that was based of the original. so instead of titling it "dawn of the dead", title it something else but make sure you have credited screenplay by "dawn of the dead" it is pretty much was Quentin does wit hhis movies, but he gives them his own names. and he doesnt credit the ideas that he took on screen, but he does mention that he didnt use certain ideas everytime he is interviewed. and personally i find nothing wrong with that.

i really dont care whether zombies move fast or slow. either way they are just as effective, and each way has its pros and cons. in zombie movies i dont think it is really all bout the zombies but the struggle to surive, and is that struggle really worth it? im a huge fan of zombie movies and i have yet to see a really horrible one because it is hard to make a bad zombie movie due to that fact that they can range from a gore fest or a struggle to survive. and yes there are the classic hilarious one that no one could hate!

Drac39
Definatly man! His idea sounded excellent!

Everyone check out the Day of the Dead SE DVD. It talks about how Romero intended a miltary base under attack by zombies,but it sadly wasnt meant to be. sad sad sad

Dario Argento
Do you think the zombies in Fulci's Zombie look harmless and nice?

ejay1
Oh and another reason I don't want them to remake "Day". In the remake of "Dawn" they said you could only become a zombie if you were bitten. In the dead trilogy anyone who was dead or were bitten became a zombie. Remember in Day of the Dead when they came back to the base they saw that somebody was buried. It was the general, he died because of a heart attack. Then later on you see Logan experimenting on the general's zombie body who obviously died of natural causes. If they do remake "Day" I would expect Romero to make it have nothing to do with the "Dawn Remake". Bring back the slow shuffling zombies we know and love, and maybe add a cemetery scene involving the director of the "Dawn" remake stuck in the middle of zombies coming out of the ground with maggots coming out of empty eyesockets and make them start eating everything that is alive including animals. Maybe that would change his mind that slow zombies aren't scary. evil face

heykooks
I agree with the cheesy remake of Dawn Of The Dead.

It was House Of The Dead with a plot-line. CRAP OLA!

No Biker Gangs? Fast Zombies? No Helicopter cut your head off zombie guy?

NO THANKS!

If a movie ever needed to be remade it has to be the 70's sci fi flick called "Westworld" with Yul Brynner.

I'd like to see John Carpenter do it (just the movie no music hahaha)

The imaginition of CGI today would make this remake a huge success.

Just keep the Matrix slo mo scenes out.

They are really tiresome and overused by now.

Just a thought maybe someone will see this post and get the ball rolling.

Hmm brings to mind Rollerball..what another crappy remake

Later Freaks,

The Kookmaster General
mad

Cinemaddiction
Bad news, there has already been a "Day" remake shot and everything. Not sure as to it's release date however.

BackFire
Really? I havent' heard about it.

Cinemaddiction
http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/index.php?Show=1778&Template=newsfull

@F1
I wonder if it will have the slow Zombies, will Ving Rhymes be back with the other 3 from Dawn. Will the house trained Zombie be in it.
I guess it would make no sense if the Zombies were slow, especially if the original 4 are in it.

Day Of The Dead 1985 is on tonight, @ 11:50pm United kingdom

zombieman
Romero would not remake Day of the Dead, though i would like him to. He's busy with 'Diamond Dead' at the moment and plans to make 'Dead Reckoning' in the future, I can't see him going back and remking the third installment again.

Maybe let Tom Savini direct it? He did a decent job of remaking 'Night of the Living Dead'.

@F1
Apparently DAy of the Dead has been completed, see Cinemaddiction's post above.

Emancipator

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.