I have tonsillitis

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Punk Tiger
This is why I have been feeling bad and having a week off school (and today). Last week and the weekend just before that I had headache, sore throat, shivers, feeling cold etc. Friday I was getting better and at weekend my throat been getting worse.

Went doctors today and one of my doctors (the one I saw not keen on like other doctor) said I had tonsillitis. My thraot hurts when I talk, eat, drink and when I shallow. Got medicine and taste horrible, either that or tabblets which is even worse, hate taking them! sad

a1hsauce
mmm tonsilitis... hey hey look on the brightside, u get to have ice cream and jello for breakfast lunch and dinner for the next 2 weeks

dean7879
put ya feet up son and relax..watch some ofah

Punk Tiger
I am at 9:40 tonight, on every night for a whole month, did you know Dean? It's all the 1st stuff!

Royal Knight
tonsillitis is pretty bad...if it gets to bad they have to take your tonsils out

I had tonsillitis a couple of times when i was younger...not fun at all

Punk Tiger
Oh no, I asked my mum "Is tonsillitis when you got to have tonsilles out?" because I wasn't sure what it actually is and she said no just a throat infection, what happens if got to have them out?

barbarossa
Originally posted by Punk Tiger
Oh no, I asked my mum "Is tonsillitis when you got to have tonsilles out?" because I wasn't sure what it actually is and she said no just a throat infection, what happens if got to have them out?

They anesthesias you and remove them, you wake unabled to talk. They give you LOTS of jello though.

I've got a joke to cheer you up 'though.

While making his usual rounds, the doctor stopped in on a young lady just out of surgery. When asked if she had any questions, the girl looked slightly meek and asked the doctor "sir, will my sex life be effected by this?'"
Then looking up to see the shock on the doctors face, she asked "Whats the matter?" The doctor then replied "Well, thats the first time I've been asked that by a patient with her tonsils just out!"

laughing

The Tired Hiker
Yeah, I had tonsillitis about five years ago. I was sick for two weeks and there were all these cold sore lookin things all over my throat. You won't need to get them removed, that's some other thing. Just keep taking your antibiotics and you'll be fine.

Punk Tiger
I had my 2 spoons of horrible medicine, have one before bed tonight, I got to have 4 a day although today I missed one because of time we went doctors and all... got to have one in morning, lunch time, probably around dinner and before bed.

My mum said the medicine smelt like floor stuff, she was like "OMG, you won't like it." I smelt sweet but more like it tastes like floor stuff, first spoon and about sick, she said "Ain't that bad is it?"

a1hsauce
wow, i can smell it from here sick

Punk Tiger
I bet, it's pink sick

The Tired Hiker
I had my 2 spoons of horrible medicine, have one before bed tonight, I got to have 4 a day although today I missed one because of time we went doctors and all... got to have one in morning, lunch time, probably around dinner and before bed.

My mum said the medicine smelt like floor stuff, she was like "OMG, you won't like it." I smelt sweet but more like it tastes like floor stuff, first spoon and about sick, she said "Ain't that bad is it?"

Are you taking pills, as in antibiotics? confused Also, gurgling with warm water mixed with salt really helped ease the pain if I was seriously hurting.

Punk Tiger
^ Mum told me to do that. Not taking pills, medicine (liquid).

dark1365
Pills are better than cough syrup crap.

The Tired Hiker
^ Mum told me to do that. Not taking pills, medicine (liquid).

Is the liquid an antibiotic??? confused

ladygrim
i have none of thise so called tonsels wink

Punk Tiger
Originally posted by The Tired Hiker
Is the liquid an antibiotic??? confused

Yes

Korri
Get them ripped out, its not too sore, after a while...

its not really like your tonsils will ever do anything for you.

Punk Tiger
I know

Punk Tiger
It's getting better, I'm definetly going school tomorrow, I said I was going school about this time last week and look at me laughing out loud Oh well
It gets better and gets worse but I going tomorrow
By the way my medicine looks pink in bottle but it's orange

Royal Knight
Originally posted by Korri
Get them ripped out, its not too sore, after a while...

its not really like your tonsils will ever do anything for you.

they do fight infection though

shaber
Yes. I believe that it is an unnecessary operation. Without them the spleen has to work alot harder.

mordamor22
i gotta get my tonsils out soon

Punk Tiger
I taking my medicine and it's better better smile I'm back at school but have to catch up with work embarrasment

ladygrim
my poor spleen sad .... neways wen i had mine out they only thing i was feed at the hospital for a couple day was ruddy icecream i h8 the stuff so they kept me in til i ate something sad

shaber
I remember I was given chilled melon confused

ladygrim
ergh melon

Punk Tiger
I've not been eating ice cream, ooh, a bit of chocolate the other day but no other food to help

ladygrim
well it certainly takes the heat awway lol

Punk Tiger
There's a liar at school, he said tonsilities only last 3 days, I had 8 days off school (include weekends that's roughly 12 days ill.)

I have to take medicine for a week, doctor said, I mean, I think my doctor would know if it was tonsilities or not!

Was ill one Saturday, a week and 2 more days the Monday I went doctors and she felt my neck and pushed up and said "Does that hurt?" and it did hurt, then she said I got this.

ladygrim
sad....

Punk Tiger
Why you sad

Punk Tiger
I'm sure it's getting worse since I stopped using my medicine, it's choking me! I'm going doctors again, if it's not this when what is it? sad

Corran
eat Ice-cream to help soothe it.

Punk Tiger
Originally posted by Corran
eat Ice-cream to help soothe it.

I did, we have none left cry

shaber
You could get one for 20p icecream

Corran
I did, we have none left cry No Ice-cream left, what a tragedy.

Punk Tiger
I know.
20p, what over the net? I can't eat it!

beach_baby_279
I got my toncils removed about 3 years ago

ragesRemorse
Swear to god this is a true story. When i was younger i would get strip throat frequently untill i got tonsilites and had the damn things removed. Whenever i would get sick with this. My dad would go out and by fresh cuts of steaks and pork chops because it was cheaper to buy them for only he, mymother and brother, than it was when i could actually eat them aswell. I couldnt swallow, but my dad would let me chew on the fat to get the taste.

Captain REX
I think I'm getting tonsilitis...it sucks a hard one...

My friend almost got bronchitis from having tonsilitis; she wasn't coughing enough so there was a fleghm build up...

LanİeWindu™
A few months ago the doctors thought I had tonsilitis, it turns out I had mono...I was sick for a month and got IV's and couldn't eat food or drink water. I lost 30 lbs because of it. rock

Captain REX
laughing out loud

The only positive side of being sick...weight loss...

I swear I lost 40 pounds when I got a bad case of the flu. messed

LanİeWindu™
You don't have enough fat on you to lose 40 lbs.

Me on the other hand............

Captain REX
Oh, I did at the time. I weight 180 right now...but that was two years ago when I lost forty. I think I was 120 pounds, which is freakishly light for me...

Punk Tiger
Nah, I'm alright now, I think it was a bit of a sore throat (which is gone) and a blocked throat making it harder to swallow

Blue Dragon
I'm going doctors again, just how long does it last? Can it last this long? confused I have a yellow tongue & funny feeling throat again sad

unknownrocker
i need to get my tonsels taken out..but i have a fear of surgery so im not gonna

Blue Dragon
Why are you scared?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.