Alternate Directors

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

CHOSEN1
Happy Dance
I know there are alot of people who think that Lucas should have never gone towards the directors chair for any of the prequal trilogy due to the masterpieces created in ESB and ROTJ by other directors, so i have created this thread to discuss potential directors for the prequal trilogy.
My choices are:

STAR WARS:EPISODE 1:THE PHANTOM MENACE, directed by Steven Spielberg

STAR WARS:EPISODE 2:ATTACK OF THE CLONES, directed by James Cameron

STAR WARS:EPISODE 3:REVENGE OF THE SITH, directed by Irvin Kershner

Spielberg for TPM because, come on Star Wars made by Speilberg, you can't go wrong.

Cameron for AOTC because as Anakin take his first step towards the darkside in this episode the feeling of the terminator would suit this episode perfectly.

Kershner for ROTS because no one has or will do Star Wars better then he did with ESB so why not give him another top movie to make.

Sith Master X
My choices are-

TPM: Lucas
AOTC: Lucas
ROTS: Lucas

JKozzy
I agree 100% with SMX.

Imaginary
Me too wink

JKozzy
You're a girl? eek!

Three Owls
Originally posted by Sith Master X
My choices are-

TPM: Lucas
AOTC: Lucas
ROTS: Lucas

I second that.

and by the way, lucas is a much better director than speilberg and cameron.(coming from a director, by the way).

cylob49
well at least no one mentioned Peter Jackson

Imaginary
Originally posted by JKozzy
You're a girl? eek!

Yes no expression

SithSpy
What have you directed three owls (and im being serious when i ask, not a smartass)??

JKozzy
Originally posted by Imaginary
Yes no expression I'm kidding, I just noticed it under your avvy happy stick out tongue

Three Owls
Originally posted by SithSpy
What have you directed three owls (and im being serious when i ask, not a smartass)??

independent films(around 17, I think).

SithSpy
damn, thats cool as hell, anything i could find anywhere to rent or buy, like what genres, most popular, etc. etc.

Obi-OneManShow
TPM: Woody Allen
AOTC: William Shatner
ROTS: Roland Emmerich

JKozzy
Wouldn't it be easier for the same director to direct the entire PT, theoretically? Not a different one for each movie? I'd rather Lucas anyway. But, if there had to be a different director, I'd go with Kevin Smith on all three.

Obi-OneManShow

Three Owls
Originally posted by SithSpy
damn, thats cool as hell, anything i could find anywhere to rent or buy, like what genres, most popular, etc. etc.
I doubt it; I don't do it for a living yet(considering i've never been paid for it/and they've never been distributed). It's sort of a 'for family and close friends' at the moment...but my fingers are crossed.

Captain REX
Obi-OneMan, if Stanley Kubrick did it, it would involve a German scientist in a wheel chair, a monolith, suicidal army recruits, R. Lee Ermey, and a computer that talks to 'Dave'.

Sith-Master 8k2
I think George Lucas, would be better for the prequels. To prove he has what it takes.

Captain REX
Originally posted by Three Owls
I second that.

and by the way, lucas is a much better director than speilberg and cameron.(coming from a director, by the way).

yes

Cheesiness
Peter Jackson should have directed the entire three prequals, with Lucas being floor sweeper.

Three Owls
ha...ha...ha?

Captain REX
Cheesiness, if Peter Jackson did it, it would involve Jedi with furry feet and being four feet tall, swords instead of lightsabers, arrows instead of blasters, and a gargantuan eyeball for a Sith Lord.

No one appreciated my Stanley Kubrick references?!

Three Owls
if jackson did it we'd all throw up during the duel scenes by how many freakin' camera angles he uses within five seconds. damn, he's a horrible director(when it comes to action, anyway)

CinematicESP
I think Lucas is doing just fine, but just for kicks...

Episode I: Steven Spielberg. I think he could have handled the kid-friendly stuff in a better way that most people would have accepted better. I, for one, had no problem with TPM at all though.

Episode II: Robert Zemeckis. I'm not sure why exactly but I think it'd be cool.

Episode III: Irvin Kershner. We all know why.

Cheesiness
Originally posted by Captain REX
Cheesiness, if Peter Jackson did it, it would involve Jedi with furry feet and being four feet tall, swords instead of lightsabers, arrows instead of blasters, and a gargantuan eyeball for a Sith Lord.

So...?

Captain REX
You're right. Vader would be excellent at four-foot-one. stick out tongue

Sith-Master 8k2

No one appreciated my Stanley Kubrick references?!

laughing That is funny!

Lana
Obi-OneMan, if Stanley Kubrick did it, it would involve a German scientist in a wheel chair, a monolith, suicidal army recruits, R. Lee Ermey, and a computer that talks to 'Dave'.

laughing that's awesome...

LandoSpeeder2
Pff, LotR haters.

Captain REX
Oh, I don't hate it, just saying that it wouldn't make for good Star Wars if Jackson did it...

Three Owls
neither do I. I'm just saying Jackson is a crap director

TheElectricFox
7 words

Star wars prequels directed by Oliver Stone.

cylob49

Kubrick refrences..
You forgot Alex and his Droogs
and HEEEEEEEERES JOHNNY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thatd be good at the seperatist slaughter scene
HEEEEEEEEEEEERES ANI !!!!!!!!!!

vader519
Chosen1, have you not seen the star wars doc Empire of Dreams, if you have you would realize why GL does not choose other directors. He had so many problems after ESB, lawsuits and everything that he got upset and dropped out of the directors gild. GL wanted his good buddy Steven Spielberg, but could not because he is part of the directors gild. So that is why he took it upon himself to direct all three prequals.

Captain REX
"Heeeeeeeeeeeeere's Ani!" Anakin shouts as he leaps into the Separatist room, lightsaber ignited and flailing around.

"Now, Mein Fuhrer...sorry...Master Jedi," Dr. Strangelove says, suddenly saluting Hitler and then being sliced in half...

bilb
Originally posted by LandoSpeeder2
Pff, LotR haters.

NOT ME!! I loooooooooove LOTR

But SW was meant to be B movieish and PJ would not have done as well with that, regardless of his early work

And 3 Owls, let us know when we can see your stuff, I love indies!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.