Is the Sith more powerful than the Jedi?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

awain
wink I actually don't think the Sith is more powerful than the Jedi because think about it, the Jedi only use the force for knowledge and defence, but the Sith use it for attack, so if the Jedi used the force to attack the Sith, they could wipe them out easily, anyway in Episode V, Yoda told Luke that the dark side is not stronger.

BAILY
The Sith arent stronger... but the Jedi in ROTS were living in a dilusional world where they thought they were invincible... well they werent

Malic Clanorian
Originally posted by awain
wink I actually don't think the Sith is more powerful than the Jedi because think about it, the Jedi only use the force for knowledge and defence, but the Sith use it for attack, so if the Jedi used the force to attack the Sith, they could wipe them out easily, anyway in Episode V, Yoda told Luke that the dark side is not stronger.

if the jedi used the force for attack they wouldnt be jedi would they? lol thats right they would be sith! lol and from that explains how anakin started to turn lol seeing as 1 sith took out almost all jedi kinda swings my vote to the sith side...

awain
Originally posted by Malic Clanorian
if the jedi used the force for attack they wouldnt be jedi would they? lol thats right they would be sith! lol and from that explains how anakin started to turn lol seeing as 1 sith took out almost all jedi kinda swings my vote to the sith side...

The reason to why Darth Sidious took out all the Jedis is because maybe the Jedi knew they were going to get slaughtered anyway, and they couldn't be arsed to fight.

Malic Clanorian
well if 1 sith can put that much fear into all the jedi...i still vote for sith

tlbauerle
Powerful?

No, no. Quicker, easier...more seductive.

Darth_Nefarus
The Sith are more powerful, because they corrupt the force itself. However, they are keen to make mistakes, they certainly aren't as wise as the Jedi. Which is why the sith order is destroyed forever and the jedi will flourish once more.

awain
well if 1 sith can put that much fear into all the jedi...i still vote for sith

laughing Yeah, probably feared of the Emperor's face!

Malic Clanorian
lol as long as it instills fear and i agree they are keen to make mistakes..but one sith can change everything which is why i believe they are more powerful...

jaden101
i think it all boils down to a line from attack of the clones

windu: i think its time we informed the senate that our ability to use the force is diminished

Stunrun
imo the Sith are stronger because they thrive on power, but the Jedi have better tactics to destroy the Sith. What im trying to say is that Obi-Wan is more experienced (through concentration and focus) whilst anakin is more powerful. Thats why u see Anakin owning Obi-Wan in quite a few shots that we've seen, but Kenobi kept focus and relied on his experience. End result? Kenobi winsyes

so stronger doesnt necessarily mean betterwink

Malic Clanorian
Originally posted by jaden101
i think it all boils down to a line from attack of the clones

windu: i think its time we informed the senate that our ability to use the force is diminished

ah indeed

Captain REX
Originally posted by BAILY
The Sith arent stronger... but the Jedi in ROTS were living in a dilusional world where they thought they were invincible... well they werent

I disagree. Sith are stronger. They blindsided the Jedi then whooped their asses in combat. wink

Sith-Master 8k2
The Sith are more powerful on any day, thats part of the reason I turned. smokin'

Captain REX
Meaning you discovered the name-changing thing on here... roll eyes (sarcastic)

jaden101
ah indeed

INDEED indeed...

ive often wondered if this will be explored further in ep 3...how do the jedi lose their force abilities?...is it deliberate from palps who is supposed to be able to control the midichlorians...which are supposed to give jedi their ability

who knows

Mist
if it was plapatine, then the sith are more powerful, controlling even a jedi's ability to use the force.

yo_yoda
the sith cannot be powerful than the jedi because they only work in pairs of two (Master and apprentice)

egos get in the way of team work among sith masters
unlike the jedi order were jedi masters consult with one another for
assistance and/or guidence.

jaden101
Originally posted by yo_yoda
the sith cannot be powerful than the jedi because they only work in pairs of two (Master and apprentice)

windu:the boy has exceptional abilities

obi wan: yes but his abilities have made him...arrogant

yoda: yes...a flaw more and more common among the young jedi

so who really has the ego's

i believe a spoiler released said that it will be yoda's arrogance that leads to the jedi's downfall

Mist

this itself suggests that in fact they ARE more powerful. 2 sith against the whole jedi population. Really, its one sith (paplatine) coz he runs the whole show. the apprentices do pretty much nothing else.

in the first few mins of palpatines identity revelation, he kills off 4 jedi masters. id say thats pretty powerful.

Echuu
Simple answer is no for many reasons.
The jedi win in the end so they are more powerful.
Sidious had to use manipulation and clones to get his victories, as yoda said the sith were powerful in their seduction; palps was able to get anakin to the dark side while also able to assemble a huge army.
A lot of the jedi were killed by the clones and not directly by palps or Anakin as we'll see in ROTS and if it weren't for the clones I bet things would have been much different.

Obiwalker08
NO...they arent more powerful...its just that the original jedi(long ago) set up the dumb code that restricts the power of jedi....if the jedi didnt have to wait and be peaceful then they would be way more powerful than the sith.....200 crazed jedi vs a sith master+apprentice=no more sith.....its just that all the jedi are brainwashed to follow the stupid code

Mist
both the jedi and the sith relied too heavily on the force and both couldnt see their ends. yoda couldnt see the downfalll of the jedi and palpatine couldnt see the downfall of the sith. they both share this weakness of the force.

even luke backs off from the force in the eu. this makes him a far better jedi than any other.

Mist
Originally posted by Obiwalker08
NO...they arent more powerful...its just that the original jedi(long ago) set up the dumb code that restricts the power of jedi....if the jedi didnt have to wait and be peaceful then they would be way more powerful than the sith.....200 crazed jedi vs a sith master+apprentice=no more sith.....its just that all the jedi are brainwashed to follow the stupid code

200 crazed jedi arent exactly being counted as jedi any more, are they? thats what screwed the galaxy over the first time.

Echuu
eu blink

Obiwalker08
yeah...i meant crazed in the way of not following the code and seeing the true light

Mist
Originally posted by Echuu
eu blink

yeah, they're called 'books'. maybe you should read some once in a while.

Malic Clanorian
i believe restricting power of the jedi defines dark and light side jedi...

Obiwalker08
reading.....bleh

Mist
there is no 'light' and 'dark' side of the force, its only how people use its power.

wuTa
didnt anyone ever watch ROTJ

luke-"is the dark side more powerful?"

yoda-"no, more seductive"

i;m paraphrasing but it went something like that

Malic Clanorian
lol im sure yoda wouldnt say that it would be lol i think that would just push luke down the path of his father...he thought he was saving something when really he wasnt kinda dealy

Echuu
Originally posted by Mist
yeah, they're called 'books'. maybe you should read some once in a while.

yeah i know what books are and ive read them

they are pretty good but the only eu i really like is that luke and mara get married and boba escapes the sarlacc

otherwise it gets annoying

LightSaber_Part
Originally posted by Echuu
eu blink

Expanded Universe. wink

Obiwalker08
its all in the user..light or dark...its how you use its energy and weild its power...the force dosent favor sides. therefore.....light and dark dont matter

Malic Clanorian
there is no 'light' and 'dark' side of the force, its only how people use its power.

well from the movies they classy it as the DARK side of the force sooo thats how i will define the two...

Echuu
Originally posted by LightSaber_Part
Expanded Universe. wink

i know im just mocking it

wuTa
lol im sure yoda wouldnt say that it would be lol i think that would just push luke down the path of his father...he thought he was saving something when really he wasnt kinda dealy

what?...he had no reason to lie

Malic Clanorian
if i were yoda i wouldn't tell someone who was my last hope that the dark side would be more powerful i would try to make it as least attractive as possible that way they would have no intrest in it...

LightSaber_Part
I think the Jedi could not see their doom coming because of the dark side. its in EP2 Yoda says "The Dark Side clouds every thing"

wuTa
if i were yoda i wouldn't tell someone who was my last hope that the dark side would be more powerful i would try to make it as least attractive as possible that way they would have no intrest in it...

but he wasnt there last hope

LightSaber_Part
Originally posted by Captain REX
Meaning you discovered the name-changing thing on here... roll eyes (sarcastic)

May I ask how you would do that???

Sith-Master 8k2
May I ask how you would do that???

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f13/t307525.html

Thank Me! smile

Sith-Master 8k2
Originally posted by Sith-Master 8k2

Thank Me! smile

big grin Dam! I'm Cocky!

LightSaber_Part

Thank Me! smile

Thanks!!!
I don't think I will ever change my name though smile

RC-3930
I think that sith are stronger.

LandoSpeeder2

Thank Me! smile

Well, give me some credit, you pm'd me last night asking how to change your name. Though I do give credit to Raz for telling me howstick out tongue

LightSaber_Part
JEDI are stronger.
because they use the force to defend.
(they could make like a force bubble around them.shifty)

LandoSpeeder2
JEDI are stronger.
because they use the force to defend.
(they could make like a force bubble around them.shifty) laughing out loud

LightSaber_Part
what I don't get is cant you do any thing with the force??
I mean couldn't you just instantly kill some one? or like I said ^^up there, make a force bubble to protect you.
or is there some sort of "Force" law that wont let you do any thing.

Malic Clanorian
lol good question

LandoSpeeder2
Look in the dictionary and look at what all the definitions for the word force and it might have some definition that led Lucas to calling it that.

Malic Clanorian
lol

LightSaber_Part
Originally posted by LandoSpeeder2
Look in the dictionary and look at what all the definitions for the word force and it might have some definition that led Lucas to calling it that.
K. its going to take a little bit so just hang on smile

waldo3125
the darkside is stronger, lucas said so on the aotc dvd commentary. he said the the dark side is stronger because it uses powers the jedi do not use, thats why in episode III anakin will choose to go to the dark side, because he thinks he will be able to save padme with his stronger powers from the dark side.

Obiwalker08
jedi win....period...end of story...bye bye....c ya later

Captain REX
Originally posted by Obiwalker08
jedi win....period...end of story...bye bye....c ya later

The Jedi won. Why? Because young, agile Luke beat his crippled father, who then tossed the Emperor down a shaft.

If you think about it, the Dark Side beat the Dark Side... wink

Obiwalker08
no no no.... when vader tossed palp down that shaft he was good and therefore jedi beat sith

the prophacy came true vader became anakin again and the chosen one brought balance to the force......elimating all the sith

yo_yoda
killing sidious doesn't mean that all the sith are dead

Darth_Nefarus
Umm, yes it does. There are only two Sith at a time, and Sidious and Vader are all there is.
If you believe there are more sith, you really are a jedi gone retarded.

yo_yoda
you know it!!

Captain REX
killing sidious doesn't mean that all the sith are dead

Wow...

Darth_Nefarus
So you are retarded? Excellent, now let's see who can drink all of the stuff under the sink the quickest. You start.

yo_yoda
Originally posted by Darth_Nefarus
Umm, yes it does. There are only two Sith at a time, and Sidious and Vader are all there is.
If you believe there are more sith, you really are a jedi gone retarded.

two at a time... R U NUTS?
there was sidious, maul and duoko (i jacked that name up) so there were 3 at one point in time. why can't there be more?

Malic Clanorian
its just a stupid sith cycle that they have 1 apprentice that will eventually chaallenge them and then kill them then take over as master then the cycle starts again...but sidious wanted it to work different in the OT by replacing his apprentice with someone else..but it didnt work in the end

yo_yoda
Originally posted by Darth_Nefarus
So you are retarded? Excellent, now let's see who can drink all of the stuff under the sink the quickest. You start.

ok but i forgot how to play this game can you show me first then ill follow you.... go!

Darth_Nefarus
There were never 3 Sith at once, you're more retarded than I knew.
Maul DIED, and was replaced by Dooku/Tyrranus, when he DIED, Vader took his place.
Always 2 there are, no more, no less.
I don't understand how you can't grasp this

Captain REX
Dooku. Dooku. Dooku.

Come on, copy it and say it aloud...

Sidious, Maul, and Dooku, were NOT together all at the same time. Why you should think that is a wonder to me. Dooku left the Jedi Order after Maul was dead in the first place.

Mist
two at a time... R U NUTS?
there was sidious, maul and duoko (i jacked that name up) so there were 3 at one point in time. why can't there be more?

man, are you playing stupid?
anakins prophecy was to bring balance to the force, he did so by eliminating the sith forever. gl said there are no more sith after rotj.

yo_yoda
ok you proved me wrong... sorry... i forgot yoda said that at the end of epI... my bad.

Darth_Nefarus
By the way, i just finished my first bottle of drano lol
you're up!

Malic Clanorian
lol u cant believe everything yoda says lol throughout the movies he shows his powers dwindling and hes blind..lol but in this case hes right lol

Captain REX
Mmm, Drano.

I keep Windex under the sink, does that count?

Darth_Nefarus
of course! it's under the sink!
i feel funny...

Captain REX
*watches Nefarus dissolve*

Sith-Master 8k2
Originally posted by LandoSpeeder2
Well, give me some credit, you pm'd me last night asking how to change your name. Though I do give credit to Raz for telling me howstick out tongue

Yeah, Thanks Lando!

Darth_Nefarus
Rex, how could you stand by and watch me dissolve?
Luckily Darth Plagueis was my master....

Lana
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Don't you know better than to drink what's under the sink? stick out tongue

Captain REX
*turns into fanboy*

The correct spelling...uh *pushes glasses up nose* is Plageius, and he was Sidious' master, you neanderthal... stick out tongue

*turns into normal person*

And I'm evil, that's how...

Lana
Rex, you're a dork stick out tongue

Darth_Nefarus
Yeah, he taught Sidious, only because he thought I was dead.
I'm still here, my stomach hurts though

Mist
are jedi allowed to use the darkside in extreme situations? like yoda vs sidious?

Captain REX
Nein. It's against their way of life.

Mist
but if the need arose, like mace when hes outnumbered by anakin and sidious?

Captain REX
Stille nein. Especially not Mace, being the second highest Jedi Master in the Order.

Mist
what if they're constipated? can they use the darkside to force the bugger out?

Captain REX
I don't think they'd like to lightning their own asses, Mist... wink

Lana
shock laughing

Areora
I think the sith are more powerful... but they definitely have less advantages. For instance in AOTC the jedi had a temple full to brimming. Two sith against that and the jedi had trouble seeing through the force? They've got problems.

Captain REX
Originally posted by Areora
I think the sith are more powerful... but they definitely have less advantages. For instance in AOTC the jedi had a temple full to brimming. Two sith against that and the jedi had trouble seeing through the force? They've got problems.

Hallelujah, a smart person!

Imaginary
Yeah, I reckon the Sith are more powerful too...

BAILY
The Sith suck

Imaginary
Which explains how four of them (total) took out hundreds of Jedi roll eyes (sarcastic)

BAILY
the Jedi are weak

BAILY
Only with the Baily Side of the Force, can I show you how power one can be... the Sith and Jedi are pussies compared to me

Imaginary
Edit: Something has invaded my brain today and now I'm being a b****

BAILY
I want to know you "b!tch" comment Imag... do tell

mauler
I think the sith are more powerful. yes

BAILY
I still love your sig Mauler!! Happy Dance

mauler
Thx Baily..... smile

Imaginary
Natalie Portman... as if you wouldn't, Baily stick out tongue

BAILY
What can I say.. the Mauler and Baily have good taste cool stick out tongue

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by BAILY
Only with the Baily Side of the Force, can I show you how power one can be... the Sith and Jedi are pussies compared to me droolio Baily side of the force!! Its the sexy side of the force!

*turns to Baily side of the force*

Darth_Nefarus
The Sith are more powerful, as Sidious proves by taking over the galaxy under the Jedi's noses, and converting Anakin.
However, they are only more powerful until Luke and Anakin show Sidious what the light side can do. True, all Vader did was pick his arse up and toss him, but with all the dark side lightning surging in his mechanical body, it must have taken some amount of power to do this. And I argue that Luke's power was with him, since the only lightside presence in the universe before Vader turned was Luke.

Stunrun

ah but the Sith changed to this format and it worked, before there were more than two, but it didnt work because each of them was vying for control over the other, they all went looney and destroyed each other........i thinkconfused

Imaginary
That sounds about right, Stun laughing out loud

Stunrun
where as the Jedi were more wise with numbers. Well what im trying to say is that the Dark Side prolly feels like your paraleticly drunk, yes thats right! The Sith had too much Jamaican White Rum (Or CocoRum in Baily's casebig grin) because alchohol puts you in a kun fu fighting mood sometimes, and ya feel you can beat the living crap out of anyone, where else the Jedi were boring. Didnt drink, didnt smoke, didnt get out of control, so one night the Sith got together, had a few too many, and slaughtered each other beer

well thats one way of looking at it!laughing out loud

BAILY
Originally posted by Stunrun
where as the Jedi were more wise with numbers. Well what im trying to say is that the Dark Side prolly feels like your paraleticly drunk, yes thats right! The Sith had too much Jamaican White Rum (Or CocoRum in Baily's casebig grin) because alchohol puts you in a kun fu fighting mood sometimes, and ya feel you can beat the living crap out of anyone, where else the Jedi were boring. Didnt drink, didnt smoke, didnt get out of control, so one night the Sith got together, had a few too many, and slaughtered each other beer

well thats one way of looking at it!laughing out loud

COCORUM!! Stunrun you are the man!!!

Imaginary
I want cocorum... cry

BAILY
Cocorum is one of the perk of the Baily Side of the Force....

Cheesiness
What kind of question is this?

Hell yes they are!

K3VIL
this itself suggests that in fact they ARE more powerful. 2 sith against the whole jedi population. Really, its one sith (paplatine) coz he runs the whole show. the apprentices do pretty much nothing else.

in the first few mins of palpatines identity revelation, he kills off 4 jedi masters. id say thats pretty powerful.
Where is this showed?I mean it's showed in ROTS?

Mist
you talking about the 4 jedi masters? coz, yeah, its in ROTS.

Captain REX
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
droolio Baily side of the force!! Its the sexy side of the force!

*turns to Baily side of the force*

So much for the Sexxy Rexxy side. erm

*joins the Baily Side*

Malic Clanorian
the sith are more powerful ITS JUST A FACT!

Areora
The sith's second biggest prob is.... THEY SO F*UCKIN" UGLY!!! lol the gray look is OUT.

Darth_Nefarus
Sidious looks like his mother had an affair with Dr. Connors (lizard form) from Spider Man. Anakin...
...well, he only looks cool with orange eyes and a big f***'n suit that everyone loves.

Jedi Priestess
bump

Darth Feytal
dark side is sexier thats for sure

http://www.jpixel.com/wars_ace33.jpg

Darth Plagueis
blink blink blink

darthmonkey9206
haha, damn dude noobs seriously crack me up

Darth Plagueis
which ones...there are so many....from what I gather, Mar 05 is a banner effin month!!

darthmonkey9206
shifty

Darth Plagueis
Shiz, where's the smiley for "thhhhhptt!!"

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.