AOTC Dooku vs. ROTS Obi-Wan

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jedimaster2000
Everyone knows that Obi-Wan greatly improved between AOTC and ROTS. Do you think Obi-Wan in ROTS will be able to defeat Dooku one-on-one? IMO he stands a fair chance. Thoughts anyone?

speiderman
Maybe hard to say. Obi Wan might get creative and take him out with whatever means possible. Even a blaster.

jedimaster2000
Yeah, and besides, he took out Anakin Skywalker, The Chosen One. Sure he mainly did it with his wisdom, but still, being able to take down The Chosen One at his prime definitely requires excellent skills with a lightsaber, otherwise he'd get manhandled before he could even think about using his wisdom. And Obi-Wan's creativeness will definitely help him in this duel. It is possible that he will prevail.

Darth_Nefarus
Well, when they duel in Episode 3, Obi-Wan gets his ass knocked out again. Obi-Wan has trouble with Dooku because Dooku knows the same style as Obi-Wan, and has mastered it for longer. Anakin is able to surprise Dooku and defeat him.
Obi-Wan could still beat Dooku, but it would be rougher for him than Anakin.

SnakeEyes
I agree ^

I am still wondering how Obi will be able to defeat Anakin. He will probably use his superior luck and trickery.
wink

Darth_Nefarus
Well, he trained Anakin, he knows his weaknesses already. Combine that with a mentally unstable maniac with a saber and of course Obi-Wan can defeat him. But Obi-Wan is going to get smacked around a lot.

Darth_Janus
Excellent points there. Who better to know your weaknesses than your old mentor?

Darth_Nefarus
So Obi-Wan has the potential to beat Dooku lol
A lot of people around here are tired of hearing potential I'm sure.

jackstain
ok i'd just like to say that point A: ROTS Obi-Wan would manhandle Dooku. Point B: Dooku does NOT use the same style as Obi Wan. episode 1 & 2 obi wan uses form 4 of lightsaber style. From ROTS to his death, he starts more along the path of form 3. Dooku has always and will always(until his demise in ROTS) used form 2. So i dont know what darth nefarus is talking about.

SnakeEyes
Nefarus never said they use the exact same style all the time. He said that Dooku KNOWS Obi-wan's style.

jackstain
ok genisu, read it again, he says he knows the same style, and has mastered it longer......how can you master a style you dont, and never have, used?

jackstain
genius*

Darth_Janus
I was under the impression that Obi took up form III after his master's death because he noted that Qui Gon's style did not give him proper defense against Maul's attacks.

jackstain
He starts to practice it, but doesnt really use it until after ROTS, because if you read correctly, it says that a user of form 3 will never lose...but they will also never win. If he used form 3 in ROTS he wouldn't have been able to beat Anakin, you see what i'm saying?

jackstain
It's strictly a defensive style.

Darth_Janus
Makes sense. Sure.

Sorgo
Wow. This thread is hilarious. Dooku would hand it to Kenobi.

Darth Traya
Dooku wastes Kenobi.

OBI-Ninja
Whoa! I made this thread way back in March! But back then, spoilers indicating that Anakin was uber, he defeated Dooku with ease, and the duo completely overwhelmed Dooku and Dooku had to use a dirty trick to get rid of Obi-Wanm then Obi-Wan took down Anakin saber-to-saber, Ya know? So pretty much all spoilers indicated that Obi-Wan and Anakin were at least on par with Dooku and Mace, I thought that maybe Obi-Wan would stand a chance against Dooku. But after watching ROTS, indeed, Dooku would crush Obi-Wan like a tin can. Forgive me Sorgo. big grin

Ianus
Agreed. Back then we had overexaggerated spoilers which annoyed me to no end.

BTW, nice sig quote, dude.

ESB- 1138
Dooku was toying around in ROTS with Obi-Wan. He defeated him with the force. Dooku would do it again. And Dooku didn't increase so much during ATOC to ROTS

overlord
In ROTS Dooku laughs at Obi Wan and he has been a master for a long while, I doubt he magically became better in ROTS, for some reason I guess Makashi just owns Soresu. messed

darthsith19
Obi has a great deal of tricks, many enough ones that he has been able to escape from and even beat opponents that are stronger than him. However, nothing he does seems to work on Dooku and even if he did manage to pull off a trick or two Dooku's superior enough that he'd still probably win. He's definately stronger force-wise. Yeah, it'd be Dooku.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.