The most hated titan - Thanos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Maelstrom
If you haven't picked this series up yet, you have to try it. He is most likely the most interesting thing marvel has to offer. In the latest issue, the entity formerly known as the beyonder is involved in the plot. Gladiator is in the current story line. Thanos is likely the most sane of all the character marvel has, thus why He was known to be insane and mad, i.e. destructive.
When you delete his story line(character history) and look at what he has done for the Universe, you realize that existance is nothing personal.

eleveninches
Thanos was mad until just recently. He became a god, and the most powerful being ever (more so than the living tribunal and celestials).

Read his history at:
http://thanos.crowfans.com/thanos.html
http://thanos.crowfans.com/history.html

Orlando Bloom03
Not a very sucsessful thread.......

malkavian
Thanos rulez

eleveninches
Yeah. Thanos is crazy, and is so powerful. He is great.

Spawnie
So this guy can't be killed? Is he a villain or a good guy? I dont' look to good to me.

malkavian
http://www.marveldirectory.com/individuals/t/thanos.htm

http://www.omelete.com.br/imagens/quadrinhos/news/marvel_comics/thanos1.jpg

eleveninches
He is an Eternal of Titan, who ascended to Godhood in his obsession to impress death. He planned to wipe out half of all life in the universe as a gift to get her affection. He found the soul gems and created the infinity gauntlet, making him the supreme being in the marvel universe.
http://thanos.crowfans.com/thanos.html

Magee
He didnt plan to wipe out half the universe, he did.

eleveninches
But then didn't it get undone? I thought those lives got restored.

Spawnie
but he liv es in a different reality right? Cuz I've seen him mostly on Thor covers, and against captain Marvel and Silver Surfer. I read the page that u gave me, and well this guy is amazing. who stopped him? Why isn't he gotten his hand on the whole universe yet? I've seen him in a pic when he renounces his son, and he punches him away. What is the deal with him? what is his major malfunction?

malkavian
he was neglected as a child by his parents.
His brother was the favorite, he was the just the second son.
His hatred lifted him to do things so people will see him and
notice/respect him.

He isn't in a diferent reality coz Marvel has One Universe.
So Thor, Silver Surfer, ... are in the same reality as X-men, spidey, ...

If you really wanna know Thanos then you have to read
Infinity Gauntlet, inf. War , Inf. Crusade, Inf. Abbys and Marvel Universe The End. Some of the Silver Surfer comics is also handy.
And afcourse read the link that i posted smile Its a really good bio of Thanos

Maelstrom
I think he spawned out of the Fantastic Four. Medusa who replaced the invisible women for a while was from the moon and i think that is where the Eternals lived for a while. They have an entire history in relation to say asgard(Thor) and olimpians(Hercules, Giglimesh). I don't remember positively if that is his origin but it should be close.
His problem is his behavior. Imagin not acting properly and saying so what about how you act. If he can get past that, he may see into the Universe to correct himself, then if he can get back to his point of awareness he may actually find what he needs.

eleveninches
He would have kept his position of ultimate god in the marvel universe, but whenever he gains enough power, he lets it slip away because he subconciously feels himself to be unworthy.

About his parents, his father was a 2nd generation Eternal, decendant of Cronos, who left earth rather than start an Eternal civil war. He ended up on Titan, where he found the sole survivor of the Uranian Eternals. He married her, and she had 2 sons (one of which was Thanos).

Actually, she was not an eternal at all, and was just a skrull woman who disguised herself as an eternal. Because of this, when she had her first son (thanos), he appeared half skrull, because of his skrull mother. To keep her true identity secret, they told everybody that Thanos was a mutant. (she re-arranged her internal organs to prevent her second child from looking like thanos). Eventually, Thanos discovered her mother without her disguise, and she swore him to secrecy. Ever since, he held a grudge against his parents, which added to his growing isolation and eventually helped with his turn to the dark side.

eleveninches
Most Titans are incredably powerful, but even they are not immortal.
Thanos, however, is immortal. This is because he has been banished from death's domain, so he cannot die (at least until she allows him back into her domain)

Maelstrom
In one of the latest issues he mentions organic life, i presume he is not organic, which to me is `very, very...interesting.`
Just got the marvel previews yesterday and he's gonna face off against the beyonder.

Maelstrom
Does anyone know of a web site that generates heros with costumes, something where ya can just select body-type and face and designs. Does such a site exist?

eleveninches
I remember seeing a site like that some time, but I cant remember where it was.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.