What was the original plan???

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheElectricFox
Yeah a little off topic but the other SW forums are dead..
but it still relates to ROTS

Obviously in ROTS the palpy succeeds in turning anakin but we know that it was orignally not palpys plan to wipe out the jedi in that fashion( by way of the beserking anakin). So what was to happen if Maul wasnt killed at the beginning? Why the hell would you invade freakin naboo if you wanted to wipe out the jedi? I dont see what palpy was originally planning or did i just miss something.

When its late at night and youve looked at basically all of the internets &@^# you tend to make up crazy threads like this. But seriously answer my question

astrofan428
I thought he could basically foresee anything. Until he got arrogant and over looked the return of Anakin.

astrofan428
Okay mine wasnt much of an answer but if he did see everthing unfolding the way it did than I would say yeah that was the plan.

Imaginary
I have no idea....

Jazzman_78
I, personally, believe that somehow, Anakin was always a part of Sidius' plan. He may not have planned on Maul's death (or maybe he did) that soon, but he got Dooku to replace him quickly. I kkind of suscribe to the theory that Sidius somehow either engineered Anakin's unusual birth or was aware of it fairly early. I've heard others speculating that he may be the 'father' of Anakin, and it's something I've been thinking about as well. And that could mean that Sids actually orchestrated the whole Naboo plot to get Jedi onto Tatooine to meet lil' Anni.( it's late so I skipped a few plot points there, I how you follow anyhow) Extremely far-fetched, but anything is possible in the movies. More realistically, the Naboo invasion was the first step to Palpatine's rise to power.

Mist
paply took command off naboo coz it was easy and he could win a pity vote to be chancellor coz his planet was under attack. i doubt he sent maul to his death early (if he did ill kill him for that), he wasnt counting on obiwan going all badass on maul.

palpy was always going to wipe out the jedi, he would have just kept dooku alive and let the clone wars erupt further had he not wanted anakin to turn.

Darth_Nefarus
Dude, Sidious pumped up Maul by telling him the Jedi would be no match for him, and I think Sidious knew Maul would lose. I mean, after Mauls' death, there's a shot in TPM where Palpatine pats Ani on the head and tells him, "We'll be watching your future with great interest."
Then he recruits Dooku, and keeps him around for 10 years, earning his trust, and his ability to rally a Seperatist movement. In Episode 2, we see a scene where Palpatine tells Anakin he forsees him becoming more powerful than Yoda. He's still fueling the fire.
And according to spoilers: He places Anakin on the Jedi Council, claims he can teach Anakin to save Padme with the darkside, and allow him to make his own choices.
And of course he wants Anakin to wipe out the Jedi, he HATES the Jedi. What better way to destroy them, then with their own "chosen one." It's the ultimate slap in the face to the Jedi religion. Using their own savior to commit Genocide on them.
Palpatine is the most incredible Sith ever.

astrofan428
I like that theory of using their own savior.

darthmaul1
I aggree with Mists first statment, but I do believe that at the start of TPM Palps had already hired DOOKU to recruit Jango for the Clones original doner, remeber Jango was hired by a man named tyranus, and Dooku is Lord Tyranus.
It pissed of Palps to lose Maul, but once he heard about and met Anakin he knew this was the apprentice for him. So he guided him between TPM and AOTC, and he changed his plans to include Anakin.

J.M FcThumbs-Up
The explanation for Palps's plan comes full circle with episode3!
GL said, you're gonna find out what Palps's plan was really all about and how he controlled all events that happened in the past...
Statement by GL(in an interview/documentary or so)>"After Revenge, people 'll see the other >>5<< movies totally different and through a new perspective....you'll be experiencing new 'old' things, gone by unnoticed in the past!!!" ...or something like it, but in other words!

Oh and ahhh, in ep6; Palps overlooked the fact that the time had come for the ressurection of the Chosen One through Luke> The Light Side was becoming a more significant Force again!
Vader blocked Palps's vision, that's why he couln't feel Luke aboard Shuttle Tydirium....
We all know Vader had different plans with Luke than Palpatine and it shows that Vader was still much capable of love(for his son), deception and persuasion through the Force!!!!> HE STILL IS THE CHOSEN ONE!!!!!!!!

ctsketch
Seeing the future doesn't automatically mean you can control all of its events, he can see many daners ahead that he knows he cannot avoid, and some that he can also use to his advantage.

J.M FcThumbs-Up
A few hints at the grand plan;

1-Palpatine is very much in control of the Senate!
2-Blocking his own Homeworld and his persistence in taking away this threat on the other hand, would certainly give him support from the mindcontrolled Senators and the edge in becoming Chancellor!
3-He clouds the lightside and the foresight of so many powerfull Jedi!
4-Maul is a powerfull puppet in a game to distract the Jedi and gives them the feeling of uncertainty!
5-Palpatine will watch Anakin's future with great interest and a big smile on his face!
6-Even Yoda's got a big problem at unravelling the mystery of the Sith!
7-As for the nr.4 plotpoint, above events in Episode2, it might explain further why the Jedi think their power is deminishing>a very good move!
8-The Jedi take every bait very subtle, through overconfidence over the Dark Side, they thought, with Anakin they would unmistakebly gain victory against the Dark Side(yeah 27yrs later, over their own dead bodies)!
9-Yoda sees the entire issue as a dangerous 'puzzle'!
10-Palpatine hits the Jedi where it hurts, by having Count Dooku as his second apprentice and he's also the one who ordered the Clones for expanding his powers and assure his control(the future Empire) of the Galaxy.
11-A weak individual(Jar Jar) would make sure he gets his wishes in emergency powers!
12-So Palpatine already knew he had to get rid of Padme from the beginning(Episode1) to reach that point(see 11)! or if the things that he didn't foresaw clearly(the good guys) would already have happened in Ep1!
13-With each battle in the CloneWars more Jedi perish!
14-Through the CW, more worlds see Palpatine and his Republic as glorious!
15-The events happening in Episode3 is only to get rid of the last and most powerfull Jedi left and to lure Anakin to the Dark Side, so that the Jedi' entire hope for Justice is gone and to make sure he's got all of them exterminated.
16-In fact, at the end of Ep2, Palpatine has already won, why else play the Imperial-March?!
So you can see episode3 as his final and finishing touch to undisturbed Galaxy-Rule!

Palpatine's demise(also see my previous post);

1-Palpatine(DarkSide/Total Hate) cannot (fore)see love(Luke/Leia) and Luke/Leia are born out of Love!
2-Luke and Leia are not born during the events of Ep3...as you know unborn babies don't have sense or awareness so it is also not possible for Palpatine to feel their emotion.
3-By the end of Ep3 they're born, but far away from the Sith and they're not aware of the evil past that happened....it explains also why Leia as soon as she gets sense/awareness, she can recollect memories of an infant-past!
4-Palpatine is the greatest Sith-mastermind ever, but the only thing he could not foresee, was his own demise!
All because of the power, love and innoscense of an unborn living thing carried within!

darthmaul1
absolute power corrupts absolutely

ctsketch
Originally posted by darthmaul1
absolute power corrupts absolutely

thanking you...for....not...contributing to the thread in any sorts of ways :P

darthmaul1
umm I did, the emperor was so powerful that he could not see his own demise.

tachie5
My theory always was that Palps was trying to take over the Galaxy sort of one system at a time. Thus the Trade Federation and Naboo. I don't think he intended on Maul being killed and he turned to the discovery of Anakin after Maul had bit the big one. I feel some early failures in a bad plan led to him ruling the Galaxy.

eXSBass
Palpitine wanted to take control of an innocent planet with no army or defense that will fight back. This happened in Episode I. He wanted this because he wanted to become Chancellor - which he wasn't. He was only a Senator. To become Chancellor he persuaded the senate to vote of Chencelllor Volorum. When Volorum is gone Palpitine knew he was going to get voted as Chancellor. EVeryone saw it comming. So he got voted as Chancellor - now he real powere and make his real move against the Jedi who form a simbian circle with the Senate.
So now we're in Episode II. The Evil Chancellor Palpitine was rid of any threat. This includes the Trade Federation and it's accossiates, i.e. The Banking Clan. This is because they might form allies and fight against the Chancellor when he makes a move on becoming Emperor. So the Clone Wars serves this porpose. Palpitine stirs up BS between the Jedi and Seperatists which results in the Clones being used. So now we're at the Jedi and Senate Vs Seperatists.
In Episode III the Seperatists will deminish and Clones will be used to Palpitines advantage, this time against the Senate. This means most planets are very weak and vulnerbale and have very little power to conteract against the Clones. This means the Chancellor can easily become Emperor with very little resistance.
This complicated plot just all started by secretly invading Naboo.

Ces't Fini laughing (No i'm not French)

Malic Clanorian
Originally posted by eXSBass
Palpitine wanted to take control of an innocent planet with no army or defense that will fight back. This happened in Episode I. He wanted this because he wanted to become Chancellor - which he wasn't. He was only a Senator. To become Chancellor he persuaded the senate to vote of Chencelllor Volorum. When Volorum is gone Palpitine knew he was going to get voted as Chancellor. EVeryone saw it comming. So he got voted as Chancellor - now he real powere and make his real move against the Jedi who form a simbian circle with the Senate.
So now we're in Episode II. The Evil Chancellor Palpitine was rid of any threat. This includes the Trade Federation and it's accossiates, i.e. The Banking Clan. This is because they might form allies and fight against the Chancellor when he makes a move on becoming Emperor. So the Clone Wars serves this porpose. Palpitine stirs up BS between the Jedi and Seperatists which results in the Clones being used. So now we're at the Jedi and Senate Vs Seperatists.
In Episode III the Seperatists will deminish and Clones will be used to Palpitines advantage, this time against the Senate. This means most planets are very weak and vulnerbale and have very little power to conteract against the Clones. This means the Chancellor can easily become Emperor with very little resistance.

exactly...he brought forth a war each time he wanted to gain power...and in episode 2/3 he plays both sides and lets each side diminish itself until palpatine in the end can choose one side to conquer the jedi..he used his power to turn the clones against the jedi...and for anakin i think it was just a bit of good luck thrown in palpatines way...his plan was too always rule the galaxy but he never wanted to get his hands dirty thats why he needed Maul..Dooku..Anakin..and Luke at the end...he needed somone he could control to do his bidding whenever he wished...saved him the trouble of A.) doing it himself and B.) possibly dieing...IMO

J.M FcThumbs-Up
Originally posted by eXSBass

Very good...but I think that's just the basic outline of a much more complicated plan.
My comment for example shows the deeper meanings and motives behind Palpatine's grand scematic plan and his involvement in bringing down the Jedi-Order.
And ahhh, Palpatine's advantage in his move for Chancellor is the fact that he comes from Naboo, so he's already gaining sympathy there...
And the fact that he controlles the Senate, yeah being a SithMaster in the right period of time, has paid off!!!

But again, nice comment!!!!! wink

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.