Tarantino

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

MildPossession
Well, what do you think of the news that Tarantino is apparently going to talk with New Line about writing and directing a new installment of the Friday the 13th movies?

I thought it would go here since it's more about horror. And couldn't find a topic already on it.

WindDancer
Looks like the perfect combination. The project will be called "The Ultimate Jason Voorhees Movie". It was going to happen one day. QT had to start working on a horror flick. Here is a linky:

http://filmforce.ign.com/articles/594/594028p1.html?fromint=1

dean7879
*slits wrists*

Cinemaddiction
Sounds interesting. "Friday" can use all the help it could get.

Smasandian
Sounds pretty cool.
I didnt like that horrible joke at the end of the article though.Do people actually get paid making bad jokes?

Wolfie
They need to end the F13 series already. Jason X was a great way to close the door, lock it, and swallow the key.

tabby999
they should get to the 13th movie and end it, its the obviously the best way to finish the series.

BackFire
Fact is, as long as Jason (or any of the other horror icons) continue to bring in a profit, they will not cease.

I see Freddy, Jason, and Chucky movies being made for a long long time to come.

Wolfie
Don't forget Michael and Leatherface.

BackFire
Yeah, those too.

SlipknoT
This will be intresting

BackFire
Anyways, I think it's a great idea and really hope it goes through.

Zilverz
TDawg loves to skip around in time in his movies .... wonder if we will see people get killed .... then it skip back to a sex scene with them haha

SnakeEyes
Originally posted by Smasandian
Sounds pretty cool.
I didnt like that horrible joke at the end of the article though.Do people actually get paid making bad jokes?

WHAT! That was a great Joke. Okay, let me explain. Tarantino did Kill Bill volumes 1 and 2. And now that he might do a Jason movie, the guy cracked a joke saying how he wondered whether it would be called "Kill Jason"
Get it! Its a classic!
eek!

j/k btw

Smasandian
Thank God, you are.

Wolfie
That was a joke? I was about to feel scared for SnakeEyes.

Evil Dead
horrible, horrible , ****ing horrible idea.

We go from Reservoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction to a cheesy sequel to a slasher series that has pretty much become a parody of itself? Tarantino can't need the money that bad.

Unless this movie stars Steve Buscemi, Harvey Keitel, Samual L. Jackson, Michael Madsen or Bruce Willis it's going to suck.

BackFire
Lets not forget Tarentino wrote From Dusk till Dawn, and we all know how kick ass that movie is. I think he could pull off a fresh, interesting take on the Friday the 13th series. Much better then some retired music video director that they would probably get otherwise.

Cinemaddiction
Originally posted by BackFire
Much better then some retired music video director that they would probably get otherwise.

The exception to that being our beloved Michel Gondry, of ESOTSM and Human Nature fame.

BackFire
Yes, always an exception.

Smasandian
Why does everybody forget Jackie Brown.
If he gets the job, I wonder how he will do this movie. Its going to be interesting.

tabby999
most people forget jackie brown because after Resivour Dogs and Pulp Fiction, Jackie Brown dosn't seem as good, but most people dont realise he took alot of time making the characters.

Cinemaddiction
Originally posted by tabby999
most people forget jackie brown because after Resivour Dogs and Pulp Fiction, Jackie Brown dosn't seem as good, but most people dont realise he took alot of time making the characters.

What characters? "Jackie Brown" is lifted from a book called "Rum Punch".

tabby999
yeah i know but you watch the movie again for the people (i dont know their names i'm afraid, yet to buy the dvd) like Deniro and jacksons characters, not to mention pam greir (hope i spelt that right)

Smasandian
So its from Rum Punch by Elmore Leonard. Every second movie nowadays are from books.
He changed the type of characters around a bit.
I personally love Jackie Brown and liked it better than Rdogs.

MildPossession
Nothing wrong adapting a book you like, he is a fan of Leonard books.

Cinemaddiction
roll eyes (sarcastic)

I'll elaborate. What characters are new, and what characters were established in "Jackie Brown"? None of them were very interesting, IMO. Drug dealers, crooked cops, and a love interest?

WindDancer
Jackie Brown is based on the book and QT transform the film into a somewhat Neo-Blaxploitation film. In which the character a black female is set up and used by the police to help capture the real bad guy. That's why QT chose Pam because she basically is the queen of those 70's blaxplotation genre. But this really doesn't have anything to do with Friday the 13th so my query now is who is going to play Jason?

Smasandian
Micheal Madsen.
Hahahaha.
Or maybe, Samual Jackson.

BackFire
Originally posted by Cinemaddiction
roll eyes (sarcastic)

I'll elaborate. What characters are new, and what characters were established in "Jackie Brown"? None of them were very interesting, IMO. Drug dealers, crooked cops, and a love interest?

OMG, Deniro's character was badass in that movie, the only good part of the movie, in my opinion.

He shot a **** in the parkinglot to shut her up, best scene in the movie.

Pandemoniac
Well if this is gonna happen, I'm really looking forward to see Jason participating in a real kick-ass Tarantino dialogue, with indeed someone the likes of Madsen or Sam Jackson. Can you imagine; 'Hey Jason, ever gave a foot-massage?'. 'Mwwweeeuh, I-i-i-i'm theeu fooot-f*cking mhaasteeuhrrrr' (include some mucus).

Wolfie
If this pulls through, we'd be in for some sadistic stuff (ear cutting off in Reservoir Dogs).

Pandemoniac
With Tarantino at the rudder of a Jason movie, I'd prepare for some major sicker stuff than a cut-off ear. Remember the jackhammer-stake from From dusk till dawn? My guess is Quentin would flood this movie with that kind of stuff. We all saw what carnage he made a chick with a clean, sharp blade create in Kill Bill, what would he have a 'any cruel or at least flesh ripping' tool wielding superhuman sort of zombie do?

Smasandian
He didnt direct From Duck Till Dawn but he still wrote it. It probably will involve some sort of gore but I think he will also make people scream and jump and generally be scared. There has been rumors for quite awhile that he was thinking about doing a horror movie based off Italian horror movies. Maybe this is it except not Italianized.

Pandemoniac
I know he 'only' wrote it, but the jackhammer was still his idea. And he might make Jason an 'Italian job', which would be preferred over the style horror is mostly made in lately.

MildPossession
The gore fans will not appreciate it if he pans away from the actual task, which was the beauty of that scene, want to see all the gore in glory.

Wolfie
Well, Jason obviously wouldn't prolong it like Mr. Blonde did. But with QT's style, I think we can expect some of that good stuff but quicker though.

Slytherin Girl
Woo ...an horror movie in the hands of Tarantino
sure it will be soooooooo bloooody!!! xDDDDD

el barto
i hope Ken Kirsinger's gona play Jason

Wolfie
He was a pretty good Jason. I'm hoping for Kane Hodder to return.

Then again, it's Jason. How hard is it to pull that character off?

Evil Dead
true......Robert Rodriguez is the director of record but he himself admits that Tarantino should have been given a co-director credit. On set Tarantino gave direction to the actors on how to perform what he had written and even placed cameras to get the shots "how he invisioned while writing the script"........

Smasandian
I didnt know that.

MildPossession
Well, it was all a lie, it's not happening, not true. Just heard today.

Smasandian
Links?

WindDancer
Originally posted by MildPossession
Well, it was all a lie, it's not happening, not true. Just heard today.

True, QT will not direct the next Friday the 13th movie:

http://www.fangoria.com/news_article.php?id=3706

Wolfie
laughing

We have all been tricked.

Pandemoniac
Just saw it in the paper too... It's a lie, a lie!! He is going to make a new horrormovie though, one out of his own sleeve. So keep looking for info about this I suggest.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.