Theatrical Poster to be shown on Entertainment Tonight....tonight.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

PixelMagic
The subject pretty much says it all. Rumor has it that the theatrical poster will be shown on Entertainment Tonight....tonight.

Bartman99
so does anyone of you own a vcr and is connected to the comp and could do a little *cough cough*
pm and i could do a little sp-read sp-ead s-erver s-erver *cough*

LandoSpeeder2
Then it should be shown on th OS for todays updates.

LandoSpeeder2
But do you have a link that might confirm this a little better?

PixelMagic
Well, I just looked up the show on TV Guide.com. The description for the episode is...

"Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith is discussed. Included: a look at it's poster."

eXSBass
Originally posted by PixelMagic
Well, I just looked up the show on TV Guide.com. The description for the episode is...

"Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith is discussed. Included: a look at it's poster."

Mate. Please don't get me wrong and I aint taking a bite outa you. But are you sure you haven't got this mixed up with fibs?
And if it is true, is this for ET UK viewers as well?
Cheers

PixelMagic
No, I am correct. TFN has got a whole thread about it.

LandoSpeeder2
Originally posted by PixelMagic
No, I am correct. TFN has got a whole thread about it.

Shocking isn't it.

Sith Master X
Hoping it's true.

jjwil76
are we talking about the drew struzan poster? can't wait if it is!

The Ones
durawhat?

jjwil76
Originally posted by The Ones
durawhat?

DREW STRUZAN. He is the artist that has painted the past two and the posters for the OT re-release back in the late 90's. artist

DCLXVI
Struzan is a master of the art.....wink

Stunrun
i love these posters, i cant wait!yes

BAILY
The Posters kick ass!! I cant wait.... it is gonna be the best of the three.... I love the AOTC one tho... I hope ROTS is better

Matafaka
ROTS poster must be "dark" ....i know that it will kick ass big grin

Richard FilmFre
What Time Will It Be On TV Over There?

12345m
the poster at last

Mist
droolio

Stunrun
is there a confirmed time yet? im 5 hours ahead in the UK

LandoSpeeder2
I think ET comes on here at 5:00 or 6:00 P.M but I'll have to check.

jjwil76
Entertainment Tonight comes on at all kinds of times here in the midwest. most time though, it's 6 or 6:30 p.m.
sometimes they show a later repeat show at night.

LandoSpeeder2
From mf.com, they took the pics off from the tv so they look a little off.

http://img30.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img30&image=ep3poster6kz.jpg
http://img85.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img85&image=ep3poster1we.jpg
http://img85.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img85&image=ep3poster29hd.jpg
http://img85.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img85&image=ep3poster25tz.jpg

vanyoda
This is from TFN, from Entertainment Tonight,
http://img85.exs.cx/img85/8205/ep3poster29hd.jpg

vanyoda
We posted at the same time LandoSpeeder laughing laughing

Sadako of Girth
Cool....

BAILY
What a huge piece of shit.. I hate this poster... I have seen Fan ones that looked better

LandoSpeeder2
Originally posted by vanyoda
We posted at the same time LandoSpeeder laughing laughing

looks that. laughing out loud

LandoSpeeder2
maybe it will look better on the clear version, though I am a little disappointed.

here it is compared with the last two http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2005-1/940865/prequels.jpg

Three Owls
hmm...it's...ok.

-edit, wait nevermind

zavin
well, it wasnt what i was expecting, but i approve it,
as baily says, the ones that fans made were better

vanyoda
Where are R2D2 and C3PO ?sad

Obiwalker08
well........its ok.....i just love posters....i cant even see my wall i have soo many.....just have to add some more for episdoe III

LandoSpeeder2
I think I like gunchips poster better. at least I think he made this one.

tlbauerle
Is that a STRUZAN poster? It sure doesn't look like it....

That is one big steaming pile of crap...hopefully a clear picture will make it look better.

BAILY
Originally posted by tlbauerle
Is that a STRUZAN poster? It sure doesn't look like it....

That is one big steaming pile of crap...hopefully a clear picture will make
it look better.

I doubt it...

tlbauerle
So we get the big screw on the teaser poster, the theatrical poster, and the teaser trailer (Which face it...wasn't as exciting as the other trailers)

Boy that sure makes me excited for this film...
*says dripping with sarcasm*

Obiwalker08
yeah...i saw that...i just collect em....i am no artist

Sith Master X
Sweet!

JKozzy
I don't see anything wrong with it. Reminds me of the AOTC one, which I liked as well. smile

Mist
meh, i dont mind the poster, althougb padme looks gay.
WHERES SIDIOUS AND/OR GRIEVOUS????

the middle duel shot looks cool. ill be buying it.

Mist
if thats sidious at the bottom right corner, CRAPOLER!!!

tlbauerle
I thought AOTC was a big step down from the first four...heck, even from the OT theatrical release...

I have the three SE posters up in my office, and they are earth shattering in comparison...

I'm hoping the official graphic will be much better looking...

This looks almost fan made...looks more like a composite of photos rather than one of Drew's paintings.

JKozzy
Originally posted by Mist
meh, i dont mind the poster, althougb padme looks gay.
WHERES SIDIOUS AND/OR GRIEVOUS????

the middle duel shot looks cool. ill be buying it. The white figure in the bottom right, that's not Sidious, is it? Is it the aussie alien that helps out Obiwan?

Looks like painting, minus Yoda.

tlbauerle
Yeah...I think that is SIDs in the bottom...He should be the major figure in the poster...

Mist
they should make one like the TPM poster, but instead of maul in the back, it should be sidious.

zavin
a lot of people are missing, like c3po and r2!
who else?

LandoSpeeder2
Originally posted by zavin
a lot of people are missing, like c3po and r2!
who else?

ME where am I! Oh I am so gettin back at GL for this. stick out tongue

.:Space Opera:.
WTF! no grevous!

Torik_Shai
I hella called it!

I like it. I don't know what you guys are thinking. Vader is there, and that's all that matters.

zavin
and chewie? he should appear . Maybe a small one next to r2 and 3po

JKozzy
Originally posted by .messedpace Opera:.
WTF! no grevous! So? huh

Velcro_Boy
padme looks fat and pale... sick

tlbauerle
I think the over-hyping of VADER is going to piss me off during this movie...

Mist
yeah, too much expectation, not alot of screentime. but, meh, cant complain over having him in ep3.

JKozzy
Originally posted by Velcro_Boy
padme looks fat and pale... sick It is taken from a TV, and she is pregnant.

Torik_Shai
Originally posted by tlbauerle
I think the over-hyping of VADER is going to piss me off during this movie...

We could ask GL to take him out of the movie if you'd like. stick out tongue

smoker4
Ill forward it to him

tlbauerle
I'm sure most people will be more than a little annoyed at seeing VADER on every single merchandising or promotional image possible...they are going to market the hell out of him...

JKozzy
Oh well smile

Mempho76
I like it a lot. Better than AoTC, imo.

LandoSpeeder2
Darth AJ posted a better version in the picture thread.

Originally posted by DarthAJ
poster...well it is a finished painting

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v376/timmar/poster.png

Malic Clanorian
yea i watched it...lol as breif as it was it was coool looking

vader519
I think the poster looks cool. I really like it alot. I do not mind that Grevious is not on the poster because he really is not a main part of Episode 3, he is more of a minor character.

amity75
The poster is fantastic. I can't believe people are criticising it. What the hell were were they expecting, a 3D Natalie Portman full frontal?

MochaChica
: D Just saw the new poster, good stuff.

JKozzy
Originally posted by amity75
The poster is fantastic. I can't believe people are criticising it. What the hell were were they expecting, a 3D Natalie Portman full frontal? I was sad

Mempho76
The poster is fantastic. I can't believe people are criticising it. What the hell were were they expecting, a 3D Natalie Portman full frontal?

I would have accepted that. big grin

guiro72
looks like all the others to me.....person who said the teaser trailer was crap (sorry no time to check back), i don't agree.....most people thought it was great.....the teaser poster was weird though....not sure if it was good or bad, just weird.....kinda retro....

MoviesFan
High Res Poster will be here

http://inlandempirestrikesback.net/v-web/gallery/fox2005/rotsposter

Malic Clanorian

full frontal nudity? sure big grin

Sadako of Girth
droolio

jjwil76
IT'S UP ON THE OS!!! HI RES!!!

Altar[1stONE]
check the os they just posted the true version, of the poster

http://www.starwars.com/episode-iii/release/promo/news20050308.html

http://www.starwars.com/episode-iii/release/promo/img/20050308_1_bg.jpg

Mempho76
Love it.

tlbauerle
Originally posted by MoviesFan
High Res Poster will be here

http://inlandempirestrikesback.net/v-web/gallery/fox2005/rotsposter

Hey...the HI RES poster will also be at STARWARS.COM too...

Malic Clanorian
hmmm IMO darth sidious doesnt look like he does in the other pictures ive seen of him....interesting..kinda looks different

JKozzy
See? Padme's not white. Just white hot. Giggity. stick out tongue

jjwil76
That's CRAZY! As soon as ET went off the air...literally seconds, i hit refresh at the OS and ChaChing! Cool poster. Not sure if i like the composition, or struzan's sidious. but he paints about a billion times better than i do, so i won't criticise too much.

MoviesFan
When I say high res I mean SUPER High Res HUGE

jjwil76
sidious looks like someone in that poster.....kinda like mel gibson's father in braveheart.

zavin
omg! i looks a lot better than the other one!
i kinda like it now!

Altar[1stONE]
sidious could have been better.

tlbauerle
http://www.starwars.com/episode-iii/release/promo/img/20050308_1_bg.jpg

Boomshakalaka

Mempho76
Originally posted by jjwil76
sidious looks like someone in that poster.....kinda like mel gibson's father in braveheart.

laughing

jjwil76
can't wait to see the cross hatching on that baby!

god i am a dork.

Torik_Shai
Originally posted by jjwil76
can't wait to see the cross hatching on that baby!

god i am a dork.

Don't worry. You're among friends. nerd

TheForceSupreme
First AOTC had no Dooku and now ROTS has no GG? sad

tlbauerle
Okay...the poster is growing on me...but its not the most original concept out there...but it may be a step up from AOTC

lucasfilm
i still LOVE the AOTC poster the best(imho)... it has this certain quality to it that is just AWESOME! but yeah.. this one is okay i guess.. the only things im kinda pissed off about is the fact that (A.)they dont show grievous, and (B.)theres normally a pretty prevelant fram around the image... but this one is kinda blocked off by vaders helmet

anyone agree??

Malic Clanorian
agree with the frame not so much grevious...hes not THAT important in the movie so i dont c why they need him on the poster and i think they wanted to keep him on the down low to the fans that dont usually look at spoilers..just my opinion

cal31
Great poster except Sidious looks like some guy you'd find on the streets in New York.

Malic Clanorian
lol yea bad work on sidious (i think ive posted me saying this 4 times already lol i better stop or ill start to get flamed)

cal31
It's true though, lol.

Mist
ET is on in about an hour for me, but would i be getting the same episode as you guys? or would i get yesterdays or something?

amity75
Well, it's definitely blue and blue!

DARTH STEVIOUS
I think its a good poster but they should have used the lava in it as its one of the biggest charaters. Mace looks like he should not be part of the poster as he is just plonked on top of sidious, it looks like it was a last min thing. Also they should have had grevious as he is artisticly one of the neatest looking charachters ive have seen in a long time and as its a dark film, the poster should be as well.

DARTH STEVIOUS
And i think the sidious picture is from the the scene in the movie when he looks at mace for forgivness before he kills mace in the jedi temple. I read that he pretends to be beaten by mace and shows his expresion that he is old and weak and then goes in for the kill its his way of turning ur weakness against you.

lourock
i think the poster looks awesome. some people are never happy and always nitpicking but hey it looks great.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.