Marvel/DC Martial Arts Tournament (Quarter-Finals) - DC Division

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

azndrgn
The 1st Marvel/DC Martial Arts Tournament continues to amaze and impress! Beginning with 32 of the best Marvel/DC martial artists, we are now down to 4 Marvel and 4 DC fighters in the quarter-finals. Congratulations to the fans and their fighters who dominated their opponents or just managed to edge the victory. The tournament is heating up and it's time the fighters get serious!

Before I present to you the remaining fighters and their matches for the quarter-finals, please take time to read the following tournament rules if you have not already done so or to reaccquaint yourself with them:

Tournament Rules (***PLEASE READ CAREFULLY AND MAKE SURE YOU UNDERSTAND WHEN CONSIDERING THE WINNER OF EACH FIGHT):
1. Fighters will battle using hand-to-hand combat ONLY.
2. Fighters are NOT allowed to use ANY artificial means of improving his/her chances of winning a fight. This includes mutant powers (energy blasts, telepathy/telekinesis, intangibilty, healing, etc.), weapons and any items capable of augmenting strength, speed, fighting ability, etc.
3. Any fights that may call for an exception to Rule #2 will be decided by myself and fully explained in the post for that fight.
4. Fighters will battle in their default costumes, thus they will not have any more armor than they regularly do.
5. The fights will take place on a raised rectangular platform that is a little less than the size of a regulation basketball court, so the fighters will have more than enough room to fight.
6. A fighter can win in 1 of 2 ways: (1) Battle until the opponent says, "I give up" (2) Knock the opponent off the platform
7. Always keep Rules 1 and 2 in mind. The tournament's purpose is to determine the character who fights best when given nothing else.
8. VOTE in the polls! The only way your favorite fighter can advance is if you vote for him/her. If you only comment, but don't vote, the poll cannot tell the difference. Also, the polls will allow MULTIPLE selections, so only vote for who you think is the winner of each PAIRED fight. I will finalize the results for each round after about a day from the first posts for each round.

THANK YOU FOR PARTICIPATING AND I HOPE YOUR FIGHTER IS CROWNED THE CHAMPION!

Here are the remaining 4 DC fighters and the matches they've been paired to according to their previous slot number. The winners of Slot 1&2 will battle each other in the DC semi-final. The 4 remaining Marvel fighters are posted in another thread.

1. Karate Kid vs Lady Shiva

2. Cassandra Cain vs Azrael

demigawd
Cassandra OWNS Azrael. Even with his full equipment. No way he wins without it...

Superherovandal
Karate Kid will beast on Lady Shiva
Cassandra will beat Azaral down

azndrgn
Yes, I would agree that Karate Kid wins over on Lady Shiva, though she is definitely one of the premier DC martial artists. And unfortunately, I don't think my boy Azrael could take Cassandra. But he's still a badass!

demigawd
Wow....it's not even close so far. KK is obliterating Shiva. He's definitely going to win this tournament.

azndrgn
Yeah, most likely we'll see KK in the championship, unless the fans feel strongly about Cassandra. But I know that would be blasphemy upon KK, hehe

azndrgn
But I'm surprised Shiva hasn't gotten even one vote

demigawd
Yeah, I would have liked to have seen Shiva vs. Batgirl with the winner going against KK. If KK can destroy Shiva like that, then there's no reason he'd lose to Batgirl.

azndrgn
Originally posted by demigawd
Yeah, I would have liked to have seen Shiva vs. Batgirl with the winner going against KK. If KK can destroy Shiva like that, then there's no reason he'd lose to Batgirl.

Hehe, that would've been a sweet rematch for the 2. Oh well, maybe next tournament...

demigawd
yeah, now that you have results coming in from this tournament, you can use it to actually do some seeding for the next tournament. And to get rid of underperformers, too. lol.

Arachnoidfreak
Karate Kid and Cassandra in the finals baby!

KK will own her though. He's so friggin awesome.

azndrgn
Yeah, I already know the system I'll use when I do another tournament. Overall, the top 8 fighters in each division are guaranteed to return and the bottom 8 will be evaluated as to who deserves to return (most notably Batman) and who's spot will be given to a new, qualified fighter

azndrgn
KK vs Lady Shiva would bring in a lot of money if it happened in real life

demigawd
Then again, I'm not sure how different things would be the next time around. Chances are KK will always be first, meaning second place will always be a Marvel rep.

I'd like to see some more "interleague play" next time around. Because Marvel and DC don't meet until the finals, and KK will probably always make it to the finals, we'll never get to see what people think about, say, Shiva vs. Iron Fist, or Batgirl vs. Shang Chi, or Batman vs. Temugin.

A round robin tournament would be more interesting next time.

azndrgn
It's going to be very interesting to see which Marvel fighter will meet the DC champion in the finals

Arachnoidfreak
Karate Kid was made to just own anyone with his martial arts. He held his own against Superboy. I mean, jeez.

azndrgn
Originally posted by demigawd
Then again, I'm not sure how different things would be the next time around. Chances are KK will always be first, meaning second place will always be a Marvel rep.

I'd like to see some more "interleague play" next time around. Because Marvel and DC don't meet until the finals, and KK will probably always make it to the finals, we'll never get to see what people think about, say, Shiva vs. Iron Fist, or Batgirl vs. Shang Chi, or Batman vs. Temugin.

A round robin tournament would be more interesting next time.

Yeah, I haven't totally ruled out an interleague martial arts tournament. I definitely would like to see Iron Fist vs Batman. The only problem I see is I wouldn't want it to be all fan-based where in the end it's all Marvel fighters or all DC fighters. I want the fans to truly vote who they think would win in a tournament of this magnitude and that's kinda hard to wish for. But if I do make the next tournament interleague, I'd make it go like the #1 Marvel seed fights the #16 DC seed or #1 DC against #16 Marvel. By the way, what do you mean by "round robin?"

azndrgn
Karate Kid and Caasandra, total domination on their opponents

demigawd
Oh, by round robin, it's more like,

DC1 vs. Marvel1
DC1 vs. Marvel2
DC1 vs. Marvel3
DC2 vs. Marvel1
DC2 vs. Marvel2
DC2 vs. Marvel3

etc.

But I like the idea of an interleague seeding. So if KK gets DC seed 1, and Iron Fist gets Marvel seed1 and then move on from there.

eleveninches
Karate kid/cassie

azndrgn
Yup, looks like KK and Cassandra in the DC semi-finals, though voting is still open

azndrgn
ANY FANS THAT WISH TO VOTE AND HAVE NOT DONE SO ARE STILL ALLOWED TO. I MAY ALLOW THE VOTING UNTIL TOMORROW AFTERNOON CUZ I WOULD LIKE TO SEE ABOUT 20 VOTES AND I HAVE TO STUDY FOR AN EXAM SO I MAY NOT GET A CHANCE TO FINALIZE THE QUARTER-FINAL RESULTS TONIGHT.

azndrgn
Haha, I think the semi-final fighters have been decided for DC...though you can still vote for now. I'll probably finalize the results tomorrow.

azndrgn
ATTENTION FANS INVOLVED WITH THE MARVEL/DC MARTIAL ARTS TOURNAMENT, VOTING ON THE QUARTER-FINALS WILL NO LONGER BE ACCEPTED. PLEASE PROCEED TO VOTE IN THE POLLS FOR THE MARVEL AND DC SEMI-FINALS WHEN I POST THEM LATER TODAY. THANKS!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.