All about the girl

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ock
I hate the fact that Raimi has made the Spider-Man movies "All about a girl".That is NOT what Spider-Man is all about.Now don't get me wrong I love the Spider-Man movies.Spider-Man 2 more than Spider-Man 1 for the fact that it had better action,a way better villain and story line was better.

But it was not without it's flaws.Doc Ock and all the other characters were shafted for the frankly dull love story between Peter and MJ.Now I have nothing against Peter Parker's love life.But I don't want it being the focal point of the story.

Especially when all the other characters lose screen time because of it.Particularly the villains.Alfred Molina and Willem Dafoe are better actors than Kirsten Dunst will ever be even if she lives to be a hundred.And yet her whiney,drama queen version of MJ gets way more screen time than the villains.

Since when has Spider-Man been all about one girl??? Since when does Peter Parker spend every waking moment drooling over the girl next door?? Wondering why he can't be with MJ,should he be with MJ blah blah blah.

Not once in either of the Spider-Man movies did we see Spider-Man out on patrol hunting for Doc Ock or Green Goblin.But yet we see him going around fantasising over MJ,thinking about her.Geez nice to know where your priorities lie.That is not the Peter Parker of the comics.

In the comics Peter was constantly worrying about some super villain on the loose or how his life as Spider-Man was affecting the people around him.His romantic problems would be in the back of his mind and once in a while he would stress a bit over Betty,Gwen or MJ.But not ALL the friggin time.

Am I the only one who feels this way?? Please share your thoughts and opinions.

Jimmy Buggs
doc ock made spider man 2. IMO i love how the did a reformat on the character where he is a great guy in the begining and how the arms take over his mind and at the end he takes over the arms to fix what he has done. It makes you really care about the villian if you could call him that. i mean yeah peter wants MJ the fact is that movie spidey doent have half the problems of comic spidey. Movie spideys biggest problem is random thugs , bank robers , car jackers. and getting to class on time and working to make money to pay his bills. comic spidey fights super villians every other day. saves the world , deaths with deaths of loved ones, not just uncle ben. the movie is based on the girl, they had to go with something right, so they took the mj thing and made it the keystone

Koto K
I think it adds a more human element to the story. It gives reason to Spider-man's actions. I mean, I personally find heroes who 'go out on patrol' to look for badguys pretty old and boring and rather cliche. I mean, what's the reason behind it? Just because a guy has super powers, doesn't mean he has to be patrolling the streets night after night, looking for crime and stuff (which Spider-man actually does do in the movies, just maybe not for the bigger badguys such as Goblin and Doc ock)

Personally I can empathize with Peter in the movies. Though obviously I have no super powers whatever, I've been there, thinking constantly about that one girl, falling flat on my face every time I see her, trying to talk to her but losing the will and the words at the last minute. It's pretty common, so why shouldn't someone who DOES have powers go through the same thing. I mean, powers doesn't equal instant high self-esteeem I'm sure.

And the bottom line is really, Spider-man has always been (in all of its incernations) about Peter struggling to figure out the world, and find his place in it. And MJ happens to be a very big part of his world, so why shouldn't the movies be all about a girl? Especially when that girl IS his world at the time.

Jimmy Buggs
peter has all the problems of a broke college student, on top of all that the drive to use his powers to help people becuse it was his fault uncle ben died. i like the character becuse he and his alter ego have differnt relationships with the same people. in part 1 mj had a crush on spider man, and pete had a crush on mj. in part 2 harry wants to kill spider man, but pete is best friends with harry. its not really ALL about the girl....is it?

Red Superfly
Having it "all about the girl" is a great way to show how much Peter is struggling. Also, it adds extra friction to any friendship he has - see Harry Osborn.

It's to be honest, the way the comics have been since they started.

BlackC@t
I don't hate the idea at all. I thought it was so sweet that Peter finally got Mary-Jane.

Jimmy Buggs
that was a spoiler?

Max Spidey 24
It is all aboutr a girl. If it wasnt for the green goblin taking MJ then he wouldnt of killed the green goblin, if it wasnt Spiderman fantiaing about MJ every second like a stalker then he wouldnt have gotten her tangled up in it. In part two 70% of the movie was about mary jane and II bet Spiderman in the movie would kill his ubcle ben aunt may and the world just so he can has his Piece of meat i mean MJ.

doctorstrongbad
Well maybe in part 3 they will focus less on MJ since the ending of part 2. I don't want to give the spoiler away. Anyways, he can focus more on trying to stop the Lizard.

Ock
Since when have the Spider-Man comics been all about one girl???

Since when was Spidey's goal all about a girl?? Isn't it supposed to be 'With great power comes great responsibility'????

It's only when dopey MJ gets her ass in trouble does Spidey really decide to take down the villain.Shame shame shame.

Max Spidey 24
After seing the movie its with great power comes a greater chance to impress MJ and let every one else die.

Gen-117
What i think.
1. Where is Gwen Stacy?
2. MJ has to die (sorry, but it'd be a better story, killed by Venom big grin)

BlackC@t
By Harry!
Not Venom, I don't like Venom.

If Harry kills Mary-Jane, then Spidey gets really pissed and they both have a huge fight! eek!

doctorstrongbad
Originally posted by BlackC@t
By Harry!
Not Venom, I don't like Venom.

If Harry kills Mary-Jane, then Spidey gets really pissed and they both have a huge fight! eek!

Yeah somebody has to kill MJ. Maybe they can bring in Gwen after her, like a reverse of the comic. That way if Kirsten Dunst doesn't want to do any more movies they can keep going. smile

Joker1237
MJ is not dead in the comics,

And having MJ die in the movies is almost as bad as Batman's Butler dieing of cancer.

doctorstrongbad
Originally posted by Joker1237
MJ is not dead in the comics,

And having MJ die in the movies is almost as bad as Batman's Butler dieing of cancer.

Its rumored she only wants to do 3 films, so it would be a creative way to keep the films coming.

Joker1237
If she only wants to do 3 films, So be it. They can always hire some one else to be MJ.

doctorstrongbad
If she only wants to do 3 films, So be it. They can always hire some one else to be MJ.

Would it make more sense to have a different actress playing MJ or bring in Gwen?

BlackC@t
I would hate it if they tried to replace Kirsten Dunst. She rocks as Mary-Jane.

Ock
I would hate it if they tried to replace Kirsten Dunst. She rocks as Mary-Jane.

You can't be serious roll eyes (sarcastic)

Kirsten Dunst is awful as Mary Jane.The REAL Mary Jane Watson is a spunky,fun loving,sexy girl who rarely takes life seriously.

Dunst's MJ is a whiney,moaning,glorified drama queen in red hair who hops from one man to the next like she is changing subway trains.

Joker1237
That is pretty funny. You relly think Dunst's MJ is relly hopping from one man to the next???

So how long before she hops from Spider to say someone else?

Ock
Well lets see she's had Flash,Harry,John and she tried gettin with Peter several times while she was with John in the space of two movies.

She's a ****.The real MJ is not a friggin man eater.She has a sense of humour.She's always cracking jokes.She is witty with Peter and everyone else.She is a party girl.She sparkles with life and fun.

Dunst's MJ does nothing but moan and whine at Peter.She's a god damn drama queen.

God only knows what he sees in her.

Joker1237
You seem to have a point, That 4 guys in 2 movies lol. But maybe they did for more Drama, I mean Peter hearing MJ getting married, would have broken him, or so he was thinking.

I would have cut the wedding scene though.

#1Rupert_Lover
I always thought that the Spider-Man movies were one of the few movies Kirsten Dunst has been in that she was actually good at acting, personally.

Joker1237
her best role was interview with the Vampire.

She was what 8 years old at the time?? maybey 7. But she was pretty good in that movie.

Gen-117
Never seen it

Jimmy Buggs
yeah the wedding dress marathon across newyork was pretty lame,

doctorstrongbad
her best role was interview with the Vampire.

She was what 8 years old at the time?? maybey 7. But she was pretty good in that movie.

She was great in that movie. Its hard too imagine its the same actress.

Joker1237
yeah, She seem to be better when she was 8 or so than she is now.
But most child actors fail once they grow up. She seems to be doing a good job I suppose.

#1Rupert_Lover
I personally think she's an on again, off again good actress, because sometimes she's pretty good, and other times she isn't.

doctorstrongbad
Originally posted by #1Rupert_Lover
I personally think she's an on again, off again good actress, because sometimes she's pretty good, and other times she isn't.

Its true she has been good in certain movies and lousy in others.

Joker1237
Yeah,

One Two Three Four. Lets watch Bring it On.

Crigne. lol. Yeah that was one of her worse movies. Again, I dont think any one would have saved that movie.

Ock
Kirsten doesn't know diddly squat about Spider-Man either and it shows.If she knew the real MJ she'd ask Sam Raimi wtf he is smoking making MJ the way she is in the movies.

TJEscobar
She plays an ok Mary Jane, she is probably as good as it can get at this pt. in time. I dont think she is pretty, I think she is rather plain, she just has big jugs, but thats what gets the teenagers into the theatre. You guys gotta realize movies are about marketing.

BlackC@t
You guys say Mary-Jane is a drama queen and whines throughout the movie. Well if your best friend had been avoiding you and braking promises for two years straight I'm pretty sure you wouldn't be happy about it.

But I would like it better if MJ was the joker she was in the comics...

Ock
Ummm Peter was always late and breaking promises in the comics too.But did MJ launch into drama queen mode??? No.

She would shrug him off and say stuff like "Your loss tiger.With me it's one strike and you're out".

Dunst says "My best friend who cares so much about me can't make an 8 O'Clock curtain.After all these years blah blah blah whine whine whine"

DarkCrawler
Agree.

doctorstrongbad
Maybe they can turn it around in part 3.

BlackC@t
Originally posted by Ock
Ummm Peter was always late and breaking promises in the comics too.But did MJ launch into drama queen mode??? No.

She would shrug him off and say stuff like "Your loss tiger.With me it's one strike and you're out".

Dunst says "My best friend who cares so much about me can't make an 8 O'Clock curtain.After all these years blah blah blah whine whine whine"

Because in the movies they bring the characters to life.
It's more like reality if someone gets upset when their best friend brakes promises and upsets them.

doctorstrongbad
It's more like reality if someone gets upset when their best friend brakes promises and upsets them.

Yeah that is a good point.

Ock

Reality and superhero movies don't go in the same sentence my dear.

Are you telling me that every girl would moan and whine like that??.That there cannot be a girl out there who has a carefree attitude and would shrug it off like MJ in the comics does???

Please roll eyes (sarcastic)

Bring the characters to life you say.How many wisecracks did Spider-Man make in the two movies.I could count them on one hand.Is Sam Raimi and his writers only capable of making these characters whiners and moaners??? That they can only be serious????

doctorstrongbad
Hopefully Part 3 will be the best film so far.

Ock
Yes you've said that already.

How about you stop posting unless you actually have something worth reading.

dami wilson
go smoke a splif and fly mi boyo! You really really need to relax your nerves! Too much steroids up your backside's not good for you! It's getting you over reactive and melodramatic! Chill, smoke and fly , dont drink and drive!
You might get a tciket! oops did I spell that wrong? TICKET! Moron!
TICKET! Do I get a cookie now? I splet I mean spelt something wrong!
Go call the cops! 'whoop whoop! That's the sound of the Police! Whoop Whoop! That's the sound of the police Moron!

Does that make one a moron? Spelling one or two words wrong in 1000 sentences? Forgive me arsewipe, English is not my firt language! I mean first language moron! It's more eastern Chinese! See if you can spell chinese QUACK Doctor! Are you really a Doc? eek! laughing out loud laughing eek! eek! eek!

Ock
Originally posted by dami wilson
go smoke a splif and fly mi boyo! You really really need to relax your nerves! Too much steroids up your backside's not good for you! It's getting you over reactive and melodramatic! Chill, smoke and fly , dont drink and drive!
You might get a tciket! oops did I spell that wrong? TICKET! Moron!
TICKET! Do I get a cookie now? I splet I mean spelt something wrong!
Go call the cops! 'whoop whoop! That's the sound of the Police! Whoop Whoop! That's the sound of the police Moron!

Does that make one a moron? Spelling one or two words wrong in 1000 sentences? Forgive me arsewipe, English is not my firt language! It's more eastern Chinese! See if you can spell chinese QUACK Doctor! Are you really a Doc? eek! laughing out loud laughing eek! eek! eek!

edit

dami wilson
If that's what turns you on mi boyo, go ahead and explode! Man, you're more full of shit than you really know! Bull shit that is mi boyo! Trying to sound all tough and cool! Dr Ock? Is that to make you feel cool about yourself? Are you a college drop out? Is that it mi boyo?

Gosh, are you looking for someone to chat to? ARE YOU ALL ALONE AT HOME? Has your wife left you or something? I told you dawg, smoke and fly! Relax your nerve and play some chess....very interlectual stuff.

I am very very happy you've learnt to spell the word Moron moron! It means you can attack people now. Listen why dont we go for a cup of coffee and eat some pizza?

You hungry? Is that it? Come on, lets go chill out at pizza hut and smoke and fly till dawn. Where did you go to school Dr?

Ock
You ask alot of questions.

Must be because you're clueless.

fatcat22
what are you two on? Gosh, I haven't laughed so hard in my life! This could become a comedy show or something, you two get me? What was the topis again cos I lost direction. Man, I'm outta here!

tHE MOVIES ARE DISLOYAL TO THE COMICS BECAUSE there were no jokes and it wasn't really yhe Peter Parker we knew in the early comics.

vaya_the_elf
blink no expression

Jimmy Buggs
plus you cant film thought bubbles

doctorstrongbad
Hey can we get back to the forum. Can't we all just get along?

lil bitchiness
Ock, watch the language, and that is considered member bashing, dont do it again!

Ock
Member bashing???

You gotta be kidding me roll eyes (sarcastic)

Take a look at that dami wilson fool or the master spammer doctorstrongband.

Member bashing AND spam right there.

And Mr Parker said Superherohype plays favourites.That place ain't got nothing on KMC with regards to that thumb down

vaya_the_elf
You were kind of

BlackC@t
Originally posted by Ock
Reality and superhero movies don't go in the same sentence my dear.

Are you telling me that every girl would moan and whine like that??.That there cannot be a girl out there who has a carefree attitude and would shrug it off like MJ in the comics does???

Please roll eyes (sarcastic)

Bring the characters to life you say.How many wisecracks did Spider-Man make in the two movies.I could count them on one hand.Is Sam Raimi and his writers only capable of making these characters whiners and moaners??? That they can only be serious????

I'm pretty sure every girl would moan to Peter.

I know I would if someone that hot just ignored me and broke his promises. It would make me feel if though my best friend did not care about me.

They probably thought Spider-Man shouldn't crack so many jokes if he was way over his head in trouble. Usually when someone's about to get the stuffing knocked out of them they don't make jokes.

Mary-Jane wasn't whining to Peter, she was pouring her heart out. Someone had to tell Peter to grow up, and she knows she had to be the one to do it.

dami wilson
It seems you have many enemies Ock. So there's a common denominator involved and that's you!

THINK ABOUT IT! No member bashing! Dont start what you cant finish!

dami wilson
I didn't come on this threads to diss people or put others downbut there are some rude folks out there with no manners and sometimes you want to put them in their place.

It is a sad world we live in. That's why the weather's going loco! Global warming and all that stuff? It's the effects of the people breathing it out!
Acid rain? Polution? Some folks think they're just god like and can walk on others like they own the world.

Until they see stuff like tidal waves and earthquakes and realise, they're just simple human folks who can be taken away in an instant.

God gave us one rule 'love thy neighbor as you love thyself!' Very simple rule! Ock andEndenkton
The tool of the trade please get a hold of yourself. Life is more than hating others. It's about spreading the message of love and peace cus if not, the weather will come and get you. Just joking.

Can we all be cool about this, If someone annoys you, simply tell them in a non offensive way cus that will only trigger &^%&&%^.

IS THAT WHAT YOU GUYS GO LOOKING FOR? Starting insults and trades like that? If it is, this is the wrong web site! Tron and PAOBLA ( I hope I spelt that right, wouldn't want Ock to go ballistic again) can you see to that. I dont go on other folks thread and start insulting them, thats plain rude and the moderators such jsut ban them!

If not it'll turn into BS.

dami wilson
Member bashing???

You gotta be kidding me

Take a look at that dami wilson fool or the master spammer doctorstrongband.

Member bashing AND spam right there.

And Mr Parker said Superherohype plays favourites.That place ain't got nothing on KMC with regards to that

THIS IS WHAT I WAS REFERING TO.........................gosh, a team has already built up. Well, I dont want to be a party to it. I'm a peace loving guy. If folks cant be peace loving please dont come on my thread. It's as simple as that.

There's enough hate to blow the world up 100 times over. That's why we excape into comics and stuff...................so please lets keep it real. No offense to you guys. Ock and dat other guy.............peace to you too. God bless. Have a nice day.

Paola
threads are to discuss a topic, not to have a fight in it.

So I'll close it, before it turns into a fight smile (yeah, even more)

closing....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.