My version of Episode III opening crawl

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

awain
This is the last thread I will make by the way, but since I think the offical opening crawl is crap, I've made my own opening crawl, if any likes it or doesn't, quote me back.

A long time ago in galaxy far, far away...

STAR
WARS

Episode III

REVENGE OF THE SITH

It is a dark time for the Galatic Republic. The endless Clone wars has caused massive mayhem and destruction throughout the galaxy.
The evil Sith Lord Count Dooku has sent General Grevious, the former leader of the Seperatist droid army into the capital of Coruscant and has kidnapped the Supreme Challencer.
Whilst the Galatic Senate try to solve the new matter, the Jedi council have secretly sent two Jedi knights on a daring mission to rescue the captured Challencer, in an attempt to end the raging war...

PVS
so according to your sentence structure, it was dooku who kidnapped palps and not Grievous.

awain
Originally posted by PVS
so according to your sentence structure, it was dooku who kidnapped palps and not Grievous.

No it Grevious who kidnapped the challencer, but Dooku sent Grevious... read it carefully.

noobone
Originally posted by awain
...but since I think the offical opening crawl is crap,

well, i don't think

PVS
The evil Sith Lord Count Dooku has and has

according to your sentence structure, dooku did 2 things:

1-sent GG

2-kidnapped palps

argueing with me isnt going to correct it. thats grammar, i didnt make the rules

JKozzy
Originally posted by PVS

1-sent GG

2-kidnapped palps

argueing with me isnt going to correct it. thats grammar, i didnt make the rules Yep. Says that he did both things. I prefer the official one.

awain
Originally posted by PVS

1-sent GG

2-kidnapped palps

argueing with me isnt going to correct it. thats grammar, i didnt make the rules

Oh right yeah you're right, I accidently made a grammer mistake, I meant to say that Count SDooku's sent Grevious to kidnap Palpatine... I'm so sorry, I am not perfect.

awain
Originally posted by JKozzy
Yep. Says that he did both things. I prefer the official one.

Yeah maybe but you have to admit, if I didn't make that grammer mistake, mine would be better than the offical. which one do you prefer:
either War! or It is a dark time for the Galatic Republic.

Killua
Praise the lord !!! this is thankfully NOT the actual crawl .

Good try tho smile

PVS
my only issue is 'WAR!' and 'there are heroes on both sides', which makes NO sense since the opposing side are droids and nemoidian cowards.

other than that i think the official crawl is fine

awain
Originally posted by Killua
Praise the lord !!! this is thankfully NOT the actual crawl .

Good try tho smile

Thanks but firstly, I don't see what is wrong with my opening crawl, apart form the spelling and grammer mistakes, but I'd like to see you get off your worthless ass and write your own opening crawl, besides I think my opening crawl is defiantly better than the offical.

awain
Originally posted by PVS
my only issue is 'WAR!' and 'there are heroes on both sides', which makes NO sense since the opposing side are droids and nemoidian cowards.

Maybe but you're forgeting Evil is everywhere, in other words Count Dooku and the Sepertaist army are all over the republic, or Darth Sidious is taking over the galaxy.

PVS
i am aware of the obvious. you failed to see my point that there are no heros on the fedeation side.

btw, why bother posting your crawl if the only opinion that matters to you is yours? no offence, but declairing that your own crawl is better than the official dispite the opinions of....well...everyone is quite arrogant.

awain
Originally posted by PVS
i am aware of the obvious. you failed to see my point that there are no heros on the fedeation side.

btw, why bother posting your crawl if the only opinion that matters to you is yours? no offence, but declairing that your own crawl is better than the official dispite the opinions of....well...everyone is quite arrogant.

If you're saying I'm cocky or arrogant, I'm not, I'm just saying I think the Episode III opening crawl is shit compared with the other Star Wars opening crawl, and I persoanlly in my opinion think that mine is more like the other crawls, and they're a lot better than the Episode III crawl.

Alliance
If you consider heroes as only the guys whose side the movied takes (Yoda, Mace, ObiWan, etc.), then you are correct. I would consider Dooku and Grievous as heroes (to the CIS).

OB1-adobe
Originally posted by PVS

It means there are winners on both sides.

Meaning:

Republic MVP: Anikan Skywalker
Sepretist MVP: General Grevious

PVS
HERO:

-In mythology and legend, a man, often of divine ancestry, who is endowed with great courage and strength, celebrated for his bold exploits, and favored by the gods.

-A person noted for feats of courage or nobility of purpose, especially one who has risked or sacrificed his or her life: soldiers and nurses who were heroes in an unpopular war.

-A person noted for special achievement in a particular field: the heroes of medicine. See Synonyms at celebrity.

-The principal male character in a novel, poem, or dramatic presentation.

-Chiefly New York City. See submarine. See Regional Note at submarine. <--- stick out tongue

Killua
WTF my worthless ass !?! , you don't even know me omg , go mental on yourself dude, and get the damn spellings right next time , geez.

PVS
i would think the correct definition in this case would be:

-A person noted for feats of courage or nobility of purpose, especially one who has risked or sacrificed his or her life: soldiers and nurses who were heroes in an unpopular war.

how exactly does this describe the federation?

Sadako of Girth
I just have had to resign myself to interpretting the "Heroes on both sides" thing more as Palps is mean't to be (at this point) a great hero to the republic that he is on both sides....(Really on his OWN side- I know)
and Anakin serves HIM.
Weak, I know, but right now i'll do anything to prevent me hating it and partially ruining the experience come May. After that i'll be back to hating the hell out of it..... big grin

The "War!" thing is a little contemptuous of/condescending to the audience (Especially the hardcore fans...) sad

awain
Originally posted by PVS
HERO:

-In mythology and legend, a man, often of divine ancestry, who is endowed with great courage and strength, celebrated for his bold exploits, and favored by the gods.

-A person noted for special achievement in a particular field: the heroes of medicine. See Synonyms at celebrity.

-The principal male character in a novel, poem, or dramatic presentation.

-Chiefly New York City. See submarine. See Regional Note at submarine. <--- stick out tongue

Can I tell you something that might come as a bit of a shock to you but
mad WHO GIVES A SHIT!
When it says there are heroes on both sides, it probabaly means that the Jedi are the heroes on the republic, and that the Sith (Count Dooku) are the heores of the Separtist.

Sadako of Girth
Maybe but you're forgeting Evil is everywhere, in other words Count Dooku and the Sepertaist army are all over the republic, or Darth Sidious is taking over the galaxy.

The "evil is everywhere" bit refers also to the rapid slide of the galaxy to the darkside too.

PVS
Can I tell you something that might come as a bit of a shock to you but
mad WHO GIVES A SHIT!
When it says there are heroes on both sides, it probabaly means that the Jedi are the heroes on the republic, and that the Sith (Count Dooku) are the heores of the Separtist.

why dont you grow up and stop the childish ranting

awain
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
The "evil is everywhere" bit refers also to the rapid slide of the galaxy to the darkside too.

Well... it still sounds shit

awain
Originally posted by PVS
why dont you grow up and stop the childish ranting

Hey I'm 20 feet tall mate, and I'm much older than you, so don't mess with me sport!

PVS
derp

Gundark
Okay, chaps, lets settle down a bit -

everybody is entitled to air their version of the opening crawl....

Just agree to disagree without the name calling - thank you !

smile

Sadako of Girth
Well... it still sounds shit

Not to seem rude of course...
But if you are so offended by the whole thing to the extent that you have posted this thread, started having a go at PVS, (BTW if age makes you more of an authority on crawls, then GL is almost certainly older than you and would win out anyways smile ) and just automatically negating any different response to the official crawl other than your own, then maybe don't go and see it.

Besides the other crawls have similar cheese in them anyways....

awain
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
Not to seem rude of course...
But if you are so offended by the whole thing to the extent that you have posted this thread, started having a go at PVS, (BTW if age makes you more of an authority on crawls, then GL is almost certainly older than you and would win out anyways smile ) and just automatically negating any different response to the official crawl other than your own, then maybe don't go and see it.

Besides the other crawls have similar cheese in them anyways....

mad Hey I don't have to take any of that crawl shit from you!
Yeah, I was only joking really when I said my own crawl's better than the offical, because I just made that crawl of mine up, I'm not exactly a Star Wars crawl expert am I?

Sadako of Girth
My last line there was actually referring to ep1,2,4,5 and 6.
Just to clear that up.

Killua
Hey I'm 20 feet tall mate, and I'm much older than you, so don't mess with me sport!

If your so old than try to act mature and spell things correctly wink

awain
Originally posted by Killua
If your so old than try to act mature and spell things correctly wink

mad One more outburst from you, and I'll... I'll....I'll.... sad You always have to be really uncool and heavy don't you!

PVS
...said the pot to the kettle

smoker4
Not you again FFShttp://images.killermovies.com/forums/moresmilies/death.gif

tlbauerle
This is dumb...in fact all this hypothetical bull is dumb

I'm really tired of threads like this or, "What if Anakin had an arm growing out of his @$$"...

Can we just stop...

There...better now, just had to get it off my chest.

Cheesiness
Your crawl stinks and is highly unoriginal.

starwars

gambit420
Yeah that scroll is pretty bad. The "massive mayhem and destruction" sounds like a wrestling pay-per-view commercial

awain
Originally posted by Cheesiness
Your crawl stinks and is highly unoriginal.

starwars

Otherwise it's all right then... smile

awain
All right, I admit, I thought my first version of the Episode III crawl wasn't very good as well. But I've made my second version which I originally had as a new thread, but Wind dancer banned it. So if anyone thinks my second version is better than the first version, or even better than the official one, quote me back:

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away...

STAR
WARS

Episode III

REVENGE OF THE SITH

The Epic Clone Wars is finally reaching it's end. The destructive Separatist attacks led by evil Sith Lord Count Dooku has left the Galactic Republic shattered.
Making a drastic move, General Grevious, the former leader of the Separatist droid army has sneaked into the Capital of Coruscant and has kidnapped the Supreme Challencer.
Meanwhile, in a desperate attempt to end the raging war, the Galactic Senate has sent two Jedi Knights on a dangerous mission to rescue the captured Challencer...

PVS
wtf is a Challencer?

eXSBass
Originally posted by PVS
wtf is a Challencer?

ROTFFLMFAO

laughing

I swear PVS, you always crack me up

PVS
dont give ME credit.
this comedy writes itself laughing out loud

Cascador
euhm the supreme challenger maybe...I dunno laughing

Cascador
Awain: It was the supreme Challencer who sedused Anakan to de Darc site of the Forse! laughing

PVS
cuit mayking fun ov him!!!!!

awain
Originally posted by Cascador
euhm the supreme challenger maybe...I dunno laughing

It is the Supreme Challencer, or how ever you spell it who gets kidnapped, if you want to be a Star Wars forum, you should already know these things.

nazgűl-lord
Awain: It was the supreme Challencer who sedused Anakan to de Darc site of the Forse! laughing

laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing big grin big grin big grin

Cascador
yez you shoud alreddy know theese tings! you arr rite!

PVS
It is the Supreme Challencer, or how ever you spell it who gets kidnapped, if you want to be a Star Wars forum, you should already know these things.

eek! laughing laughing laughing laughing

hukd on fonix werked fer me!!!!

awain

edit

PVS
edit

i think he will ban much more than this thread

reported for that death threat

Cascador
hahahahahaha, kil me? jou ant wat armi?stick out tongue

awain
Originally posted by PVS
eek! laughing laughing laughing laughing

hukd on fonix werked fer me!!!!
edit

PVS
ok no expression

pack yer bags pal

Cascador
yes we arr verry bat! lyke I sed jou arr rite!

awain
Originally posted by PVS
i think he will ban much more than this thread

reported for that death threat

Fine go ahead, run to the report, or what ever the **** it is and snitch on me but my final word on this forum is: Star Wars episode III: Revenge of the Sith will have to 2 or 3 stars from every critic and review, because it will be nothing than lightsabers fights, space battles, and Anakan turning into an angry little Ass rape!

awain
yes we arr verry bat! lyke I sed jou arr rite!

How's your disease Cascador?

Padmé Amidala
did jou know dat befor palpitine became supreme challencer it was Valorom wo was challencer? Me so klevar lol

Cascador
jes Anakan is a bat boi!

Cascador
How's your disease Cascador?

Very fine, thx, got new medication in februari, works perfect! How's yours?

awain
hahahahahaha, kil me? jou ant wat armi?stick out tongue

No army, just a hand to hand combat

PVS
please stop entertaining this troll.
just relax and wait for the banning, ok?

Padmé Amidala
Me bet on Anakan

Cascador
No army, just a hand to hand combat

No, wouldn't be fair to you...come on lad, give it up! And stop acting like a baby...

Here's some knowledge for you Awain...it's Supreme CHANCELLOR! Not Supreme Challencor or whatever.. laughing out loud

awain
Very fine, thx, got new medication in februari, works perfect! How's yours?

*sniff* *sniff* *sniff*, hey mate, can you smell that, it's sheep, no it's cows, oh I know what it is, IT'S BULLSHIT!

PVS
*IGNORE* (please)

awain
No, wouldn't be fair to you...come on lad, give it up! And stop acting like a baby...

No it wouldn't be fair on YOUUUUUUUUUU actually, because believe me now, I'm probably a lot harder than you!

Cascador
"ignore"

PVS
thank you

awain
"ignore"

huh, huh,huh... Sorry, I didn't mean any of that, it's just I can easily get annoyed when I'm hyperactive, and all that stress has tired me out, besides, how tall are you anyway, I'm only 6ft 2.

lil bitchiness
awain this is your last warning. LAST. Another such incident and you are permanatly banned.

Having said this people should also NOT provoke him either! There is no need for such hostility and fun making of another members, so dont do it again.

awain, i repeat another such incident and I will permanatly ban you.

edit - I will also start handing out warnings to those members who purposly create trouble.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.