you know you are obsessed when...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

muse5
I got one of these going in the lotr forum, they're really fun,
you know you are obsessed with Harry Potter when:
-you stand at a locked door and say 'alohomora'
-you and your friends wear quidditch tshirts that you made to the film premiers and the ootp midnight celebration
-you find yourself relating everything to HP
-you by mistake call your chemistry teacher 'professor umbridge' (I swear they are the same person... very freaky-deaky)
-you have to walk your neighbor's very large dog when they are away, and when they're telling you the dog is really strong you say 'i can handle anything after fluffy...'
-you get fake glasses and tell your friends you got them because they were cute, but in reality they reminded you of Harry's glasses

you guys continue...

tassie
- you cut your forehead with a razor just to get a scar...
(i've never done it of course)

celestial_moon
lol u try 2 levitate feathers...

muse5
-you try to turn water into rum

claidisa_felton
"but why is the rum gone?" lol soz maybe im in the wrong forum!!!
nah i got one!

-if someone annoys you you mutter in latin at them under your breath.

VanHRH
u whisper "lumunus"(sp?) or "nox" whenever u turn on or turn off a flash light

Aldaron
You try to fly on a broom.
Everytime you come to a landing in a stair case you say. "Let's go before the stair case moves again"
You use a twig as a wand and shout spells at people.

eleveninches
- you end up posting on this thread

Joy2dWorld
your email says "you've got mail!" - then you go out of the house looking for owls!

PadfootsPyrefly
-you name your dog Padfoot, Snuffles, etc...

-You dress up for the Harry Potter movies premiere in a Hogwarts uniforn you've made (I'm doin' this for the PoA)

-You are convinced you can turn into an animal

big gay kirk
you start making up foolish stories about Harry dying, and Hermione leading a House Elf army in open rebellion....

tassie
- you know you're obsessed when you come on here evryday to see if anyone posted anything on the "You know you are obsessed thread" to see if u really are obsessed

^^ heh, courtesy PippinTook big grin

celestial_moon
2 true. u know ur obsessed when u've read the first book over 50 times (whoops^^wink

IBTonks
You stare horrified at a Red letter u just recieved expecting it to explode into a shreiking voice!

celestial_moon
niiiiiiiiice. ummm, when steal ur mother's broomstick and take 4 different sized balls out in ur backyard.

pixie1
-you start randomly stopping people in kingscross station and asking them where platform 9 and 3 quorters is

-you shout orders at your dinna plate and magicly food apears

angelsflame265
- u really belive that u were suppose to got to hogwarts just u'r paraents some how got them to stop sending the letters

celestial_moon
u look a painting of a pear and tickle it.

JRIndy
- everytime someone annoys you, you reach inside your jacket (Where the heck is my wand?)

JRIndy
- you actually believe that you can work spells if you just try hard enough
-you find yourself thinking of new curses to hex your brother
- you stick out your hand and wonder why the summoning charm didn't work

crazy_c
But the u really would be a wizard! eek!

RoguePw25
- You try to run into the wall between platform 9 and 10 in King's Cross Station.
- You've read all of the books at least 5 times.
- You know your favourite Fred and George quotes off by heart.
- You begin stalking the Harry Potter cast.
- You paint a lightening scar on your forehead.
- You wait for the owl telling you you've got into Hogwarts when your in Yr. 6.
- They don't let you enter clubs because you are always wearing a cloak and a long black hat.

tigress
walk around wearing wizard robes ( I saw a guy today I couldnt decide if he was a dark wizard or trying to be a dementor lol)

muse5
-you already have your midnight book release outfit planned
-you have a countdown until the 6th book is released
-you are the starter of the 'you know you are obsessed' thread
-at least one of your books needs tape because it is starting to fall apart
-the tape on your book needs tape

i'm happy, i thought that this thread was dead

Tassie
Bumpy eek!

sephiroth rules
riiiight...........that is really REALLY obseesed....

sephiroth rules
*obsessed

i_LoVe_DaNiEl22
-when you walk up to the bully and point at him with a stick, hoping that he/she will turn into a ferret

RogueGambitdare
-when you can't think about anything else but Harry Potter

sephiroth rules
um....i feel lik i have to say something so...
-when you buy all the harry potter movies and have watched it so many times that the information on the VHR has nearly been completely delted and you know what the entire script is off by heart

O.A.R21
Your so bored that you learn latin JUST to create your own spells

RogueGambitdare
Originally posted by sephiroth rules
um....i feel lik i have to say something so...
-when you buy all the harry potter movies and have watched it so many times that the information on the VHR has nearly been completely delted and you know what the entire script is off by heart
Uh-Oh, I have memorized the script to the movie.shock

sephiroth rules
laughing laughing lmao

sephiroth rules

sephiroth rules
seriously?

O.A.R21
Uh o i think i did too~ sad
O well. . stick out tongue

davishl
You get off the computer specifically to watch the Simpson's HP episode....this is not a joke, I was about to post here when I got a phone call telling me to turn on the simpson's....pathetic aren't I?...just a little.

davishl
You quote lines of the movie and/or book in your reply

davishl
I need help

LilyMarie
-when you freak out if you hear anything related to Harry Potter
-When the backround of your computer is covered completly in the cast of Harry Potter

I do not have any of the signs that have been mentioned whistle: love whistle

dark1365
....when you stubbornly scream "UP!" at an ordinary broomstick.

O.A.R21
wow, i really am obsessed. . this is sad confused

tigress
when you cant funtion without reading hp be it JK's or yummie fics like me lol stick out tongue big grin

sephiroth rules
dat is a good one.....umm.....wen u get a piece of stick and repeat all magical spells found in the book at a)a frog b) a door c) a feather and d)a ball

tigress
eep ive done that too I even tried to ak the idiot at work but i tried it with my pencil but it wouldnt work lol ill just poke his eye out next time instead lol

O.A.R21
Every birthday since you were 11 you go and sit by your mailbox. .JUST in case. .

Phoenix
hehe... tried to walk thru platform 9 and 3/4 at King's Cross... embarrasment

tigress
damn im not obsessed then i havent been to kings cross erm yet toddles off to kings cross 'winks'

O.A.R21
When you remember harry's birthday. .but cant remember your closets friends . . obsessed and sad. . stick out tongue Ive dont that. . . confused

tigress
lol I know exactly what you mean lol

sephiroth rules
omg dat is so sad........oh i just thought of one
when you break a pencil, dish, brush or any other household item on purpose and then vigorously shout Reparo! at it with a piece of stick 11 inches long

RogueGambitdare
seriously?
yea seriously

HPfanatic
when you here a random frays and recognize it to be an extremely unimportant frays in one of the HP stories. i did that earlier this week. lol

sephiroth rules
hmm......wen u.........can sketch an image of all the characters in HP perfectly because u've practiced drawing dem too much

tigress
when you start coming out with 'oh for the love of draco's thong' lol tehehehe

LifeIsKillingMe
u sit on a broom and kick off, expecting to fly

u expect ur letters to come via owl post

sephiroth rules
you board up your mailbox and sit by your fireplace and look out the window every 5 minutes for any signs of owls

radioboy121
...you've completely substituted the word human for muggle.

...you injure yourself and complain the medical staff is taking too long on your recovery.

...you're perplexed as to why the pictures in your textbook are frozen.

...you scream in horror when seeing people mishandling the broom for purposes beyond flying.

...you fear the local delirious bum sitting along the sidewalk is chanting under his breath forbidden spells.

...you get a cold chill from the air conditioning and have second thoughts that it's actually a demeantor nearby.

sephiroth rules
lol nice!!!! umm......wen you pay someone u know to wear a black coat and shout expecto patronum at him with a stick (need i say 11 inches long?)

tigress
lol

when you are determind that your egg timer on a piece of string is a time turner and you insist on trying it out

O.A.R21
AHaha! your from america and start saying slang from london. .

tigress
lol

sephiroth rules
anymore? alright.........um..............when you turn off the power in your house by shutting off the main switch and shout lumos! with a stick, when you take your family car apart and start shouting random latin words at the engine and various other parts with a stick and when your family members ask what you are doing say "i was trying to bewitch it to make it fly"

sephiroth rules
when u take ur car apart and insist on trying to scream latin words at it tith a stick and explain calmly to your alarmed neighbours that you were just trying to make ur car fly

tigress
lol ok

when you use your coat over your head and pretend its an invisability cloak

O.A.R21
When you close your eyes right before you mom brings you dinner, and then open them after she places it in front of you . . .*HAH see I knew our house was magic. . *

(*My little brother did that. . he's only 10 and KNOWS he's gonna get his letter in a month. . * . . . little does he know. . roll eyes (sarcastic) )

tigress
aww that is so sweet my little girls like that ( shes 6 bless her ) shes convinced she has a time turner, we were at a barbeque last summer it was getting dark and the patio lights went out she went near the censor and shouted lumos and jumped and it came back on it was adorable

O.A.R21
*(Haha that is cute. . . he's the same way~ he likes to do random things that make him look like a wizard, he watched the 1st dvd so much he broke it . . AND accidentally dropped my british version of the 3rd book in the bath tub! I was soo mad!!)*

*When you have a secert floorboard of things under your bed, even your "wand"

tigress
aww sweet arent they cute lol.

when you search the confection aisle for chocolate frogs and bertie botts every flavour beans

of which are now available so tis cool 'grins'

sephiroth rules
yeah....the cards! they're so cool......oh i got one!
when u try to bewitch normal pictures to make them move with a stick

tigress
find a feather and decide its perfect for a quill and you write a letter with it and try to ask the nearest owl to take it for you

HPfanatic
when you get your knife stuck in the door, because your convinced that it will unlock if you push hard enough.

LifeIsKillingMe
ur expecting a hogwarts letter when ur 11

complain ur local candy shop does not have chocolate frogs, every flavor beans, cocroach cluster, and the likes

sephiroth rules
er..im running out..........wen u search the london white/yelow pages for the leaky cauldron and ask for a way into diagon alley i forgot wot brick to tap....is it three up and three to the left from the dumpster? or not?

tigress
erm pass lol

when you are convinced that the cute guy down the street has got to be the real Draco or Harry all grown up

O.A.R21
Ahaha i saw a guy that really looked like him once. .glasses and all!

*When you mute the T.v and watch the whole movie while saying everyone's lines. .

MissMalfoy
-When you call your baby Draco/Harry/Hermione etc...

I have a House Elf called Winkle! ^^

O.A.R21
You get chill bumps when you hear the theme song to Harry Potter

sephiroth rules
chill bumps? anyway...........wen you download all the harry potter themes onto your a)computer b)cd/ipod/tape and c)mobile

tigress
i got em on my mobile desk top and everywhere eep lol well not everywhere

when u dub your evil boss voldermort

O.A.R21
When you get heated because they left out a little something in the movies

tigress
when you want to cast the eat slugs charm at your brother and it doesnt work

sephiroth rules
lol!!! make that sister and it'll be perfect lol
um...when you buy "magic sand" and throw them into the fire and expect to see the flames turn to emerald green if it doesn't accuse the seller

tigress
LOL cool

ok sister then lol

you try and cast silencio on your mom if she's constanly nagging you

sephiroth rules
lol nice

tigress
'bows' thank you hun 'grins'

sephiroth rules
ur welcome umm...........wen u go through your (and other people's) houses to try and find a boggart

tigress
lol

when you want to petrify your most hated teacher lol

O.A.R21
Ive tried. .doesnt work. .Jk~

When you wait at your window the night before summer break's over, hoping to see a cars headlights. .

tigress
lol now that ive tried lol jk

when you try to make the polyjuice potion to change to ur teacher for parents evening so u get a good report lol

O.A.R21
Ah i wish i could do that . .

Close your eyes and say a spell under your breath, trying to make the time pass faster. *Wish it worked for school. . .* sad

Aldaron
-When you try to get onto a Hippo's back thinking it's Buckbeak.
- When you put oil in a goblet and light it, dropping your name and your school's name in (along with three other friends)on the night before Halloween and then on Halloween (exactly 24 hours) Set it a blaze again hoping your name will come out of it.

tigress
oo good one hun

when you go looking for a boggart to scare ur teachers with lol

Aldaron
-Trying, with a stick, to wipe your parents' memory of that horrible thing you did.
- Everytime you see a huge boulder far away, you run up to it, thinking it's Grwap or Hargid laying down.
-Prodding a Horse's head to see if it's Unicorn if growing slowly or that the owners cut it off, and want to complain about animal curelty.
-Singing The Hogwarts School Song before begining of the first class of the day or homeroom.
-Prediticing that someone's Rabbit will die on Oct. 16th.
-Looking at those Lawn Glass Balls at a Garden Center, trying to see something.
-Always checking fountains, incase a Wizard or Witch mistakenly through a Knuts, Sickles etc.

sephiroth rules
hmm nothing much left now

keiji
when you think every animal is an animungus (not that i do.....stop staring at me like i'm weird....)

Phoenix
...you actually try ringing the 62442 number... embarrasment ((I just tried that the other day when re-reading OotP...))

keiji
...when you dream that a snake is attacking someone you love, an you have a strong urge to bite them the next day....

tigress
trying irania exembe (sp no idea) on spiders that freak you out

Phoenix
i thnk its probably arania exame, but I dunno, they don't teach latin at my school! big grin

tigress
lol no worries at least you know what i meant lol

sephiroth rules
im gonna bring this thread bak into pg 1.........ok i think its done
anyways anymore?

tigress
you try and accio the tv remote to do your little brothers head in to turn it over lol

JohnnyBloom
here are a few from another board that me and a friend got a few years back - some of them are similar to previous ones but i just pulled the best ones off the site...

You mutter nonsense latin words under your breath.
You call your least favorite teacher Snape.
Every time you turn on a flashlight you mutter "lumos" under your breath.
You sort everyone you meet into four categories. (Gryffindor, Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff and Slytherin.)
You were burned when you couldn't get through the flames of your fireplace.
You had to go to the hospital after you broke your nose running headfirst into the wall between platform's nine and ten.
You try to turn your brother into a bouncing ferret.
You collect plugs.
You try on every piece of silvery fabric your mum has, to see if you turn invisible
You take a pencil and say Accio Dictionary in the middle of an exam
You shake every kid's hand if he has black hair and a glasses wot a stranger
You run into every alley expecting to find Gringotts
When you crack eggs you stick them in the bathtub and stick your head after them and expecting them to sing
You call every big, black dog "Snuffles"
You call the local haunted house's poltergeist "Peeves"
You mutter pine fresh every time you go into a bathroom messed *guilty*
On Halloween you celebrate Nearly Headless Nick's deathday
You try to see the grim in your snowglobe or tea

tigress
wow you have a lot of time on ur hands lol but theyre cool hun i bet that took a while

JohnnyBloom
oh that's not even half of them - we've got about 5 a4 pages of them - i just pulled out the best ones big grin

manny321
Well after you see hp3 and walk home at night and think a demonater was coming behind you turned and yelled "expecto patrunus" Sorry for spelling.

Yelled the spell at my cousin when he creapt up behind me once. Scared him though. He thought i was doing some next voodoo on him.

sephiroth rules
when u eat weed and take a dive in a really deep lake lolz

pumpkinpie4ever
-your obsessed if youve memerized word for word quoting the movie and,or book

-steal the harry potter posters for the next movie off of walls in subways in malls,etc...
-have an unborn child and if its a boy you want to name him harry and if its a girl you wanna name her hermione....thats just creepy

-you buy a wand from alvans and try to levitate things and when finally you find it still wont work you turn to alvans dvd for witch and wizardry
tongue_smilie* guilty*

JohnnyBloom
when u eat weed and take a dive in a really deep lake lolz
hehe!!! nice one seph!

sephiroth rules
thanks laughing laughing

pumpkinpie4ever
im also guilty of memerising all of scene 28: " headmaster youve got to stop them theyve got the wrong man." " its true sir sirius is innocent." "its scabbers who did it." "scabbers?" "hes my rat sir, well hes not really a rat but he was a rat my brother percys rat but then they got him an owl..." " the point is we know the truth.plz belive us" " i do miss granger but im sry to say that the word of three thirteen year old wizards will convince few others, the word of a child however honest and true is meaning less to those who have forgotten how to listen." (the chime rings.) " mysterious thing time powerful and when meddled with dangerous. you know the laws ms.granger you must not be seen i think 3 turns should do it.i feel you will do well to return before this last chime if you dont the consequences are to ghastly to discuss. if you succeed tonight more than one innocent life may be spared." i could go on but i would take up a few paragraphs

pumpkinpie4ever
- your obessed when you speak brittish when your not brittish and quote word for word....guilty of charge

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.