Oldschool Doom 2 online!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Pandemoniac
I heard the ancient Doom 2 is gaining popularity as an online deathmatch game. Does anybody know which version/release this is all about and are there any contestants around here? Sure, games nowadays make it look like pacman on a comm64, but still I'm feeling like pulling out a boomstick and see if this game can still rock me like it did in the medieval days.
Come get some!

sky shadow
look
http://www.cslab.ece.ntua.gr/~phib/images/doom/anim/sht2.gif

DiViNe diFiNIty
ew doom is a beast i mean god i still play final doom for god sake i play lan wif me m8

DiViNe diFiNIty
do any of uw guys have final doom cause i ll play u on the internet any time im online name a time

Lord_Andres
Hey hey hey count me in!!! I still dig this game, nutn like shutin the crap out of some demons, thu I gotta be honest I havint played (old) doom online for a few years now, but I got all the originals (old version) and that new (well 3 years I think) collectors edition, well anyway I think I'm gonna install all the dooms I've got on the online pc, so pm when ever you are ready for some serious dooming!

Pandemoniac
Very well guys! I got all the old games, in new jackets. Howz about oncoming friday-afternoon to rid each other of vital organs with some buckshot?
I'm most interested!

tabby999
yeah i got all the older dooms, they came in an "ultimate doom" pack for $20

Lord_Andres
Bring it on Pande!

NingaGaiden
Doom online should be a lot of FUN!!!

Machete_Guy
i never really got into doom or quake

Pandemoniac
Originally posted by Machete_Guy
i never really got into doom or quake

You might be to young to got hooked by the early Doom. It's release caused a revolution in games and with the rate computersystems developed it's most likely you have encountered more appealing games if your started gaming just a few years later then us (I started on a Commodore 64, which I still have running!).
But when Doom had just came out it just blew my mind out, it was nothing like the world had ever seen before! Playing it got me actually scared on occasions, but I was still a kid then. It did take a Half-life to give me a sensation remotely like that anyhow, and that was like 10 years later.
Gaming went to a whole different league now, but Doom still remains the godfather of today's shooters. Without it we would still be playing pacman, only in full 3D, surround-sound and a chat-option, whoeha.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.