Can Spectre kill Lucifer Morningstar and Archangel Michael?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

illadelph12
This stems from JWangSDC's thread:

If the Presence were still 'alive', could he empower Spectre to kill Michael and Lucifer Morningstar? Michael and Lucifer out rank Spectre in the DC power hierarchy, but Spectre is God's Wrath, so are they (Michael and Lucifer) above God's Wrath?

Alpha Centauri
Well if they're below God, they can't be above God's wrath, logically.

-AC

Draco69
Logically yes. However, Michael is the dude who has handed Spectre his ass everytime the Spectre has stepped out of bounds.

illadelph12
Sup Alpha.

That's my reasoning also, but logic and comic books (especially DC comic books ) don't always go hand in hand.

Lucifer and Michael are ranked as more powerful beings than Spectre in DC, but Spectre's purpose is to embody the Wrath of God (before God cot capped by Saint of Killers ).

Now, if you are "GOD'S Wrath", is there really anything more powerful than you? If your sole purpose is carrying out God's anger/vengence, you should be able to mop up anyone below God, right?

Or would Lucifer and Michael, who are supposed to be more powerful than Spectre, be able to defeat him, even though they are below God and Spectre is God's Wrath?

(And no, that's not a paradox, that's a DC character plot).

illadelph12
And Draco, I'm saying if The Presence comissioned Spectre to kill them could he do it. Like he decided that Michael and Lucifer had outlived their usefulness and said "Spectre, destroy Lucifer and Michael and bring me their heads.", could he do it?

Draco69
I guess. The Spectre is pretty whipped isn't he?

kgkg
"Spectre, destroy Lucifer and Michael and bring me their heads.", could he do it?"

give him milk and cookie and he will do it.

Well if Presence gives him power to do it i see no reason why not.

If he can't to it than Presence is a JOke

rougeredmage
well normaly i would say yeah the spectre can kick ass.. but after reading GL rebirth stufff and seeeing that Specture couldnt use wrath and vengence to burn out paralllex then i wouldnt be so certain. surely parallax is lower then gods vengence??

Beyonder
Originally posted by kgkg
"Spectre, destroy Lucifer and Michael and bring me their heads.", could he do it?"

give him milk and cookie and he will do it.

Well if Presence gives him power to do it i see no reason why not.

If he can't to it than Presence is a JOke

If Presence gave him the power to do it as the first post said, Spectre takes them both down.

Spectre got his ass kicked by Michael as he DEMANDED a presence with GOD. Michael beat his ass back. Guess what GOD wanted?

a] To meet with Spectre
b] Go away servant clown, I wish not to speak with you.

Now, does anyone here think GOD was empowering Spectre to do anything if he didn't want to see Spectre's ass?

eleveninches
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Well if they're below God, they can't be above God's wrath, logically.

-AC
Well, the spectre being an embodyment of GOd is a tricky thing. In underworld unleashed, spectre defies god's will, and rebells agaisnt heaven, splitting apart from jum corrigan. Corrigan summons michael, and asks what heaven is going to do about it. Corrigan also says to michael something like 'But he's an embodyment of god, isn't he??'
To which Michael responds 'He is an embodyment of god. As I am. As you are. As we all are.'

illadelph12
"'Corrigan summons michael, and asks what heaven is going to do about it. Corrigan also says to michael something like 'But he's an embodyment of god, isn't he??'
To which Michael responds 'He is an embodyment of god. As I am. As you are. As we all are.'"

If that's the case, if Michael and Lucifer were to get out of hand, would the Presence (if it were alive) handle them himself because his Wrath (Spectre) isn't powerful enough, or would he just empower his Wrath to kill them?

eleveninches
He usually gets someone else to do his work for him, but yahweh ALWAYS treated Michael and Lucifer better than any of his other creations, as they are his 'favourates' .
He even went as far as to name Lucifer as his successor, which made michael kind of upset. But they have power equal to his, and have the right to do what they want. I cant imagine he would want to kill them, as they are his best and first creations

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.