Luke's green saber: I have a hunch of what happened

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

OB1-adobe
I was playing with my tv, and I pumped up the tint. and Lukes lightsaber on the millenium falcon was totally blue. The crappy part was that every thing around him was tinted green. I am not a film or special effects know it all, but I have a hunch that either lowry or Ilm was working on that scene with a weird tint set up, and that is how it got screwed up. So thats my hunch. I don't know, what do you think?

SithSpy
I think your probably right, b/c there are a few instances where the saber colour seems to be wrong, in AOTC when Mace is next to dooku on the balcony and starts to block Jango's blaster fire his saber appears blue but then purple, and this happens at least once in each movie, and it prolly has alot to do with what your talking about

Darth Subjekt
ok............thanks?

yerssot
it was already said a few times here that it was a problem with the layers

DCLXVI
So....does this mean we can't blame and ***** about ILM any more? stick out tongue

yerssot
oh, we still can, cause the sabre is still green unless you screw around with your settings and want a green film during the movie stick out tongue

DCLXVI
No I don't! evil face

Stealth Agent
in the lightsaber battle between ben and vader it looked really crappy and i saw alot of green flashes

Antillies
anyone else been seing flashes in the final space battle in the first star wars movie(episode 4) right where luke flyes down to the trench to destroy the deathstar?

The Ones
no...

Antillies
listen i saw thet movie yesterday and it seems that the green saber only can be seen on the DVDbox cause i have the VHSbox that came when ATTAK OF THE CLONES came. but on my film i cant see that green saber o dont know if it is because the poor quality on the VHS or its some thing else.i can tell ya that it seems more white than blue on mine film in t he ship so i cant really tell the colour when he is in the millenium falcon. i can see a weak blue colour in theh white but thats all i can see!

JKozzy
It was only on the DVD, we've established this.

Darth_Nefarus
someone just screwed up the rotoscoping is all.

phlizmo
Look, I cant believe that this is an actual post!! The movie as ground breaking as it was used technology that was not as consistant as todays digital FX.. Accept it.. What this post should be about is, yeah the lightsabers still look like crap but why the hell is Hayden Christiansen in the last scence of ROTJ?!! With all the technology available today Lucas has truly suceeded in f'ing up a classic.
and yes there are flashes in the trench scene accompanied by fake thunder claps too if I remember corectly..

yerssot
Originally posted by phlizmo
but why the hell is Hayden Christiansen in the last scence of ROTJ?!!
it's that the darkside "...forever will it dominate your path."
so it makes sense... according to GL

macncharles94
the lightsaber is clearly green on the falcon. what happend was obi-won had 3 light sabers, 2 blue and 1 green. obi-won died with one of the blue ones. luke got his hand cut of and there went the other blue one. so all we have left is the green light one luke was useing on the falcon. in jedi when vader says ''I see you've constructed a new light saber". luke is useing his persusaive powers on vader. so that explains the green light saber.

OB1-adobe
Originally posted by macncharles94
the lightsaber is clearly green on the falcon. what happend was obi-won had 3 light sabers, 2 blue and 1 green. obi-won died with one of the blue ones. luke got his hand cut of and there went the other blue one. so all we have left is the green light one luke was useing on the falcon. in jedi when vader says ''I see you've constructed a new light saber". luke is useing his persusaive powers on vader. so that explains the green light saber.

What the fuk?

tlbauerle
We can blame two groups of people.

A) The restoration company for fuking up the color and sound and not making the suggestion to have the lightsabers fixed.

B) George Lucas and Rick McCallum who obviously don't know what quality control is and never viewed the discs to begin with.

Deliberate creative changes...what a crock.

Star Wars God
ok you people are a Bunch of Idiots to think that ben had 3 sabers. . he only had his and the one for luke.. if you ever wold read a book you would learn that after luke lost his hand in the battle with vader and the end of esb that he would meet with lando on tatooine.. well where do you think a rebel would go while on a place full of scum and villany.. he went to bens house and studied and stayed there with the droids.. that is where he found bens spirit again and learned how to construct his own saber... if you would all pick up a book and read... the book about it is called Shadows of the Empire.

Darth Subjekt
well numb-nuts, only one stupid ass noob said anything about 3 sabers. And since you pick up so many books and read so much, you should have picked up on that. So who the hell do you think you are coming in here on your first day talking shit to people? Why don't you holler at your noob buddy who brought up that ridiculous theory, and keep the rest of us out of your posts.

Star Wars God
go bite yourself.. Darth. its just common sense that if you don't know don't assume to know.

yerssot
well, Star Wars God, ... you mastered the skill of reading, read this then please:
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f5/t20463.html

->
"...EU material is not considered valid material to be accepted for debate in the film sections." your book is EU.
If you wanted to point out that there aren't three sabres in Ben's place, a simple reference to the ROTJ novel (which is semi-canon) would have done the deal already where it is written that Luke makes his own sabre from spare parts he found

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.