Darth Sidious official poster image

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DARTH STEVIOUS
I think darth sidious in the official poster has been made to look less scary in the fact that kids will want it on there walls. I have heard that when palpatine changes to sidious he fights mace ,but mace hits him down to the floor.He then looks up to mace with a weak and frail expression to show he is just an old man. He uses this to his advantage by praying peoples waeknesses and kills mace. Lucas wants kids to enjoy the movie as much as adults so he used a less scary image on the poster. But when the movie comes out we will be shocked to see a mean sidious. In a way he is like yoda an old and frail being but with the force he is the master and a force to be reakoned with.

PVS
Total Posts: 9
Threads Started: 5

LandoSpeeder2
Did you have to start a new thread though?

DARTH STEVIOUS
i think a lot of people have been anoyed by the pic of sidious and i think we where all shocked to see sidious look like this. It deserves to be talked about as it is a whole issue of its own.

JKozzy
I really don't care. It's an effing poster, get over it messed

Lana
1. Why couldn't you have asked this in one of the threads about the poster?
2. Who cares?

DARTH STEVIOUS
Its not just a poster its a first empression of whats to come

PVS
i notice sidious looks weird in that poster...think ill start a thread about it

oh yeah, i dont like that yoda pic....thread

and that layout YUK....nother thread

and....what was i going to say?....oh well ill just make another thread and it will eventually come to me

kiadimundijedi
I like Aqua Teens, Im going to start a thread too

JKozzy
Originally posted by DARTH STEVIOUS
Its not just a poster its a first empression of whats to come That's why we have trailers, for first impressions. This is cool looking poster that will be hung on walls and seen for all of maybe ten seconds, maybe a minute if you really are a junkie. People would rather watch the 2 and a half minute trailer for their impressions, not a poster. It's also a painting, so everything won't look exactly as you want it to.

DARTH STEVIOUS
well i though u guys would like to talk about star wars and u where fans maybe i am in the wrong forum funny that i swear i saw star wars episode 3 at the top of the page

DARTH STEVIOUS
Also if u think about it most people would see a poster of a movie rather than the trailer if they are non fans so the poster has really got to sell an image and a taste of the movie

LandoSpeeder2
well i though u guys would like to talk about star wars and u where fans maybe i am in the wrong forum funny that i swear i saw star wars episode 3 at the top of the page

Theirs just no reason to talk about this man. If you want to talk about this go to tfn, they discuss anything their.

LandoSpeeder2
Also if u think about it most people would see a poster of a movie rather than the trailer if they are non fans so the poster has really got to sell an image and a taste of the movie

huh What the f**k? if they didn't like star wars then why would they give a crap?

DARTH STEVIOUS
people walk past posters rather than trailers GET IT !!!!!!!!!!!

Velcro_Boy
Darth Stevious, its ok settle down.

Xam
i think he looks superb :P

DARTH STEVIOUS
If it was just star wars fans that saw it george lucas would not be as rich as he is now there is a wide range of ages that will see this plus it is the last movie and a lot of people where upset about last two so he really dose have to work his magic and a poster is like a suit on a work interview its first impressions that get u sucked in. And any way this thread is about sidious and his new look.And to see weather u agree or u have another opinon

jedijunky1138
Most people DO walk past a poster. Thats the point, they WALK PAST IT. Not everyone is going to stop and Analise a poster and say "you know that guy doesn't look scary to me." A trailer on the other hand has a true representation of the action and pace of a film, So no I disagree that a poster makes a bigger first impression than a trailer. I don't know why I am even posting in this POINTLESS THREAD!

ArthasKnight
Exactly why did you not do a search and realise that THIS HAS BEEN MENTIONED BEFORE? 'Scuse me, but you don't need to start a new thread every time you have a "revelation". if I did that I'd have been kicked off for spamming by now.

Malic Clanorian
He then looks up to mace with a weak and frail expression to show he is just an old man. He uses this to his advantage by praying peoples waeknesses and kills mace. Lucas wants kids to enjoy the movie as much as adults so he used a less scary image on the poster.

i thought it was anakin that changed the tide of that duel not his old man face...and from what i've heard i wouldn't bring my children to see a bunch of people get limbs chopped off and decapitated all over the place and not to mention the slaying off all the jedi younglings...at least not this star wars movie wayyy to dark for kids eyes...but then again its from what ive heard...

Sadako of Girth
And fair play to you....! They may be able to wait a few years, personally
I think it'd be impossible to depict the full fall to the darkside et all without the afformentioned acts rearing their ugly heads... And the young kids've got both Jedi and 'Phantom' and the majority of 'Clones' (Not to mention the 'Clone wars series), now its time for the Adult fans to be reminded once more of why we love the saga particularly 'Empire' free from worry about Gungans/Ewoks.....
Doubtlessly the younger fans'll appreciate this as they get old enough to see this movie...

Thinking about this I can see what GL was saying about anticipating lower turn out and maybe more of a critical attack, this time round....

KenpoMike
edit

JKozzy
And I think they can criticize as they want, why don't you chill out? Why do you give a flying feck what they do? Are you a mod? Nope.

Sadako of Girth
KenpoMike... You might need to chill out too mate. smile
Language like that gets you nowhere...They hadn't got THAT abusive..
And certainly not that personally. They seemed to be objecting to the thread. Not the dude himself....
Their point wasn't unfounded either.
There HAVE been a lot of redundant threads clogging up the board....
And this could have gone in the other thread.... smile

PVS
ahhh yes another n00b mod.
yes, go on a childish rant while commanding everyone to chill out.

hypocritical much?

Lana
...wtf does it matter to you? There are already threads about the poster and this could have just as easily been put in there. This forum gets clogged up by redundant threads constantly and it makes it really hard to find anything worth reading because so much of it is the same thing because people decide that they need to start new threads for stuff that's already being discussed in a thread.

And the fact of the matter is that if there's already a thread on the topic, you're supposed to use that thread instead of starting another one.

Oh, and thanks for bashing me, I believe I'll be making use of the 'report' button.

Imaginary
Hey, noob. Leave my friends the hell alone. And they're right, this could have gone into a poster discussion thread.

PVS
btw, reported for obscenities and member bashing

there are kids on this forum who would rather not read your smut

KenpoMike
Oh no ... I have been reported ... Jimmy gee willkers what will I do now? What if they ban me? Oh no ... I might have to take the 2 mins it takes to make another handle and continue to bash you ****heads!

PVS
we got another troll roll eyes (sarcastic)

yes prove to us all how pathetic....ehhh nevermind

you aint worth it

Imaginary
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Can you count? You just got your ass kicked by 5 different people.

JKozzy
Originally posted by KenpoMike
Oh no ... I have been reported ... Jimmy gee willkers what will I do now? What if they ban me? Oh no ... I might have to take the 2 mins it takes to make another handle and continue to bash you ****heads! Uh.. have fun? Mustn't have much else to do, I guess. Whatever floats your boat boat

BAILY
Baily loves to see retards on KMC... there are soo many recently too..... god damn moochers... U aint getting the trailer from us... I will make absolute sure of it

Lana
If you want to get banned and make a sock, to only get banned again, whatever you want...that's pretty damn pathetic though...

BAILY
Pathetic is his middle name Lana....

KenpoMike
Wow! You must be the smart of the group PVS. Cant believe you came up with something so clever as calling me a troll. Great one man

Imaginary
yes

Make that 6 different people.

JKozzy
Wow! You must be the smart of the group PVS. Cant believe you came up with something so clever as calling me a troll. Great one man It's not a name, it's a term meaning someone who goes around purposefully causing trouble. Great one, man. You.. uh.. mustn't be the smart one of the group.

PVS
a troll is someone who posts attacks on other members and only visits forums to disrupt and piss everyone off. its an internet term, not something 'clever' i made up.

nice try

happy trolling

KenpoMike
edit

Sadako of Girth
Oh no ... I have been reported ... Jimmy gee willkers what will I do now? What if they ban me? Oh no ... I might have to take the 2 mins it takes to make another handle and continue to bash you ****heads!

Oh the sleepless nights we'll have because of it.... Zzzzzzzzzz....
Seriously. Provide some comedy for us if you want... Feel free.

Lana
Tsk tsk...how truly sad...

Cascador
KenpoMike.........everybody loves him!!!

gosh, my words are as hypocrit as he is wink

PVS
but anyway troll, you may think you're original and badass by attacking people and you may think you're bringing the forum to its knees by creating sock accounts...but you are just dime-a-dozen. we see this every other week at least and its sooooooooooooooooooo lame erm

...and boring yawn

Imaginary
The clever comments just keep coming in

They most definitely do....

The troll ass kickers rock!

KenpoMike
edit

KenpoMike
edit

JKozzy
Jesus ****ing Christ you people cant even spell right ... "hypocrit"

What is this, Starwars for preschoolers? Don't you take the Lord's name in vain.

forumcrew
Originally posted by PVS
Total Posts: 9
Threads Started: 5

haha yea..

he said we will be shocked to see a mean sidious.. WTF hes the leader of the sith.. everyones seen him in the old movies who the hell would be shocked to see him be mean?

KenpoMike
Originally posted by JKozzy
Don't you take the lord's name in vain.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Cascador
can you spell it in Dutch or French? No? Shut up than!

Lana
Um, sorry, but you're the one doing the bashing, which started over nothing.

Imaginary
n00b n00b n00b

*sings*

PVS

What is this, Starwars for preschoolers?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v499/PVS/SPELLINGNAZI.gif

Imaginary
Originally posted by Cascador
can you spell it in Dutch or French? No? Shut up than!

You're cool happy

Sadako of Girth

What is this, Starwars for preschoolers?

We'll overlook the lack of apostrophe in your usage of the word "can't"
though as YOU may very well actually be a pre-schooler...

WindDancer

Bye bye KenpoMike!

Cascador
Originally posted by Lana
Um, sorry, but you're the one doing the bashing, which started over nothing.

If you are referring to me...sorry lady...I just don't like trolls...

jjwil76
so much aggression. the soothing sounds of the trailer will be here soon my brothers and sisters......soon. ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. smile

Lana
Originally posted by Cascador
If you are referring to me...sorry lady...I just don't like trolls...

No, hun, not you, the KenpoMike person was who I was referring to.

Imaginary
No, she's talking to KenpoMike... who I think is now banned eek!

*checks* Banned, indeed happy

bilb
Oh for the love of all that is good & holy.. bashing the spelling? You must reaaaaaaaaaaaaaly be bored, may I suggest ss.com?

Cascador
sorry for the misunderstanding! cool sig Bilb!

PVS
Originally posted by WindDancer
Bye bye KenpoMike!
Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

jjwil76
wonder what his new name will be?

Sadako of Girth
Originally posted by jjwil76
so much aggression. the soothing sounds of the trailer will be here soon my brothers and sisters......soon. ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. smile

Ahhhhhhh..... Yes.... So calming indeed..... smile

PVS
i can sense him vigorously creating a new account roll eyes (sarcastic)

"I'LL SHOW THEM!!!!"

sad sad

Imaginary
dancedancedancedancedancedance

PVS
that trailer will be like a deep breath of fresh air big grin

Cascador
wonder what his new name will be?

Darth Troll, Darth Speller...I dunno roll eyes (sarcastic)

Sadako of Girth
ban2 ban2 ban2

PVSLOVESTHECOCK
edit

PVS
it will be "ekimopnek"

typical first sock
they flip their name backwards and think they are being original

PVS
LOL

OMFG!!!!!

Cascador
i can sense him vigorously creating a new account

"I'LL SHOW THEM!!!!"

it would be more like ILL show thum!

Lana
*shakes head slowly*

Sad...so very sad....

Imaginary
PVS loves the cock, indeed roll eyes (sarcastic)

WindDancer

PVS
well, at least he made me laugh

served a purpose after all

PVS
Originally posted by Imaginary
PVS loves the cock, indeed roll eyes (sarcastic)

i do love my pet rooster stick out tongue

JKozzy
The Lord will smite him yes

jjwil76
eek! laughing laughing laughing laughing
WOW!

Imaginary
Pet rooster? WHERE? eek!

Sadako of Girth
Originally posted by PVS
i do love my pet rooster stick out tongue

laughing

jjwil76
the guy that started this thread is probably comfortable somewhere, unaware of the little star war that got started over his topic.

iluvimaginary
You people really need to learn how to ban a I.P address.

iluvimaginary
laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing

Happy Dance

PVS
wait for it.....

Imaginary
I'm flattered, really..

Lana
*checks watch*

Sadako of Girth
....Any second nowwwwwwwww......

Ahhhhhh yeah..... There y'go.....

I wonder whos next on the list.......

PVS
next.....

.::Levi@than::.
*start's a tally*

GCG
what the crap ? ?

can someone tell me if they have starwars.com as down ? i get the error 403 page

lil bitchiness
*checks watch* zorro

WindDancer
People PLEASE!.....

jjwil76
....so confused! is it kenpomike....pvslovesc*ck, or iluvimaginary...what's happening?

Mist
Originally posted by GCG
what the crap ? ?

can someone tell me if they have starwars.com as down ? i get the error 403 page

me too.

PVS
just a troll jj...pay it no mind

jjwil76
Originally posted by GCG
what the crap ? ?

yeah, i got that too. maybe updating for tomorrow's big event eek!

Sadako of Girth
Originally posted by GCG
what the crap ? ?

Maybe they got LFL'd.....! big grin

lil bitchiness
....so confused! is it kenpomike....pvslovesc*ck, or iluvimaginary...what's happening? Some socker guy. Dont worry Im keeping my eye on him.

Zapp him till Raz comes online emp

jjwil76
Originally posted by PVS
just a troll jj...pay it no mind

that was merely a comment on his clever antics. thanks for the heads up tho wink

LandoSpeeder2
This thread is still open.

jjwil76
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth

GL:That's IT! I can't live with myself stealing all of Shadow's ideas. I'm shutting SW.com DOWN!!!

Imaginary
Im really very proud... blush

GCG
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth

u checked ? do u confirm ?

LandoSpeeder2
So what are you peeps talking about?

Lana
Originally posted by GCG

It was a joke laughing

Mist
yeah, i got that too. maybe updating for tomorrow's big event eek!

yep, they're clearing all unnecessary crap (pretty much all the site) for the whamming bandwidth explosion tomorrow. eek! eek!

jjwil76
by the way GCG, that's one creepy ass sig you got there. where is it from?

PVS
is that from 'the grudge'?

GCG
by the way GCG, that's one creepy ass sig you got there. where is it from?

the attic evil face

*meows evily*

Sadako of Girth
"Tooooossssshhhh-iiiiiiiiiiii-oooooooooooo....!!!"

GCG
It was a joke laughing

i know it was ; i just was getting a repeated error 403 page.....the brother of the infamous error 404 page....meh some sort of glitch

Sadako of Girth
Originally posted by GCG

Yeah... They seem to be ok....

GCG
Originally posted by PVS
is that from 'the grudge'?

indeed it is ; the sig is from the original nippon version.......reel creepy

Sadako of Girth
*Shivers*

That bit with Kayako over the headboard and Toshio on the foot of the bed...... NASTY......!

Mist
the new version was disappointing. i thought the trailer was more scary than the freaking movie.

GCG
tv_horrorshocking

STOP IT ; STOP IT !

i hate you ! go away !

Sadako of Girth
Originally posted by Mist
the new version was disappointing. i thought the trailer was more scary than the freaking movie.

It did have some nasty bits in it from "Ju-on:The curse" that
"Ju-on:The Grudge" lacked though... Like the attic scene at the beginning.......!! And the later fate of the unfortunate victim! Pure evil...!

jedijunky1138
Originally posted by BAILY
Baily loves to see retards on KMC... there are soo many recently too..... god damn moochers... U aint getting the trailer from us... I will make absolute sure of it Yea you tell em baily! I have HS so i dont have to wait for it to show up here! I say that all who pay for HS should revolt! If people want to see the trailer let em get HS for themselves and stop mooching off of thase who actualy PAY FOR IT!

Mist
*sobs*
*runs away to tfn, waiting for their release*

Mist
Originally posted by GCG
tv_horrorshocking

STOP IT ; STOP IT !

i hate you ! go away !

laughing laughing that smilie is so damn funny, i like its eyes! laughing

Imaginary
Originally posted by jedijunky1138
Yea you tell em baily! I have HS so i dont have to wait for it to show up here! I say that all who pay for HS should revolt! If people want to see the trailer let em get HS for themselves and stop mooching off of thase who actualy PAY FOR IT!

No, he means that after someone puts a link on KMC he doesn't want all the n00b TFN refugees to get the trailer because they don't post.

Darth Subjekt
if i found it worth while to pay for HS i would, but i have other resposablities such as a wife and son, but if i did i would definitly share it with the cool people here. no point in screwing everyone over cause of a few assholes. And oh btw, im sure im not the only one who noticed it, but that tool that keeps trolling around is the same cat from when JP first got pissed (green or something) you can tell by the "restricted" under his name.....oh and if you come back and read this....i can do alot more with an IP address than ban it...and trust, i WILL get it.....sweet dreams cupcake........

DARTH STEVIOUS
Well well well i cant believe u slaged this thread but it still got u posting. And i thought it stated to get intresting when you where talking about lucas appealing to the kids or adults but then u started slaging each other off. Well when i first joined all i got was slagging off. I think thats all you like to do, u dont give disscusions a chance unless its one of your own group that starts it. I think to honest that bloke that was the troll was pissed off with u lot having a go but it was entertaining. May be you should stick to the thread topic next time instead of moaning like a bunch of oap's

Mist
If noobs play with fire, noobs get burnt.

DARTH STEVIOUS
What is that ment to mean come on speak propley. The dark side i sense in you strong you have become.

Cascador
Well I post here...I have Hyperspace...But I just don't have the knowledge to put it on my Hard Drive, it used to be easier when you could just get it out of your temporary internet files...

kegs202
You know it has to be said some of you on here are downright ignorant to people. This is a star wars forum so whats wrong with starting a new thread. Don't give me the bullsh!t about theres already a thread on this subject, so what!!!

Cascador
Originally posted by kegs202
Don't give me the bullsh!t about theres already a thread on this subject, so what!!!

If everybody said that, there would be dozens of threads of the same subject and than if you would count them together it would be hundreds of threads with most of them with no purpose! wink

PVS
Well well well i cant believe u slaged this thread but it still got u posting. And i thought it stated to get intresting when you where talking about lucas appealing to the kids or adults but then u started slaging each other off. Well when i first joined all i got was slagging off. I think thats all you like to do, u dont give disscusions a chance unless its one of your own group that starts it. I think to honest that bloke that was the troll was pissed off with u lot having a go but it was entertaining. May be you should stick to the thread topic next time instead of moaning like a bunch of oap's

funny thing is, the discussion was already taking place, and you started a duplicate thread. you could just admit your error, but i guess that wont happen. and dont think that all this madness on this thread was your doing.
that sock troll deserves all the credit.

anyway, all would be easily forgotten if you would just stop making bum threads...thats all we ask. its not some big personal war against you, you know. think about it, ok?

DARTH STEVIOUS
To me it was not a bum thread thats why i thought it deserves to be set as a main thread and i really wanted to hear other peoples opinions on the subject and i had decied that it needs an area all of its own theres no harm in that. Oh and dont worry i am not that sad to think its was a personal war on me i think i speak for a lot of people when i say there are certain amount on here that love to ruin ur threads just cause they didnt think of it.

DARTH STEVIOUS
If ur not gonna say anything nice dont say anything at all lol

Lana
The point is, there's already a thread about the poster, you could have just as easily posted about Sids in there. It's really irritating to us to have to go through tons of duplicate threads to try and find something, which is inevitably what happens. There are certain rules on this site that you need to learn, and one is that if a thread already exists, don't start a new one. Use the search function before starting a new thread to make sure that one doesn't already exist. Do that and you will have a nice happy time on the EpIII forums and no problems. Continue to start redundant threads, and you will find that people will not like you very much; it's as simple as that.

PVS
you would think he was being told to give up a kidney roll eyes (sarcastic)

LandoSpeeder2
If ur not gonna say anything nice dont say anything at all lol

Are you tellin me to shut up! that's not nice at all.

Sadako of Girth

Look mate. Its not an 'us' thing, clique thing or an OAP thing.... Go anywhere you like on any boards and you will find that everyone who uses the board regularly will react to people (noobs or not) posting unnecessary threads...!! This is for several reasons.

One, it clogs up the board, two, it just shows disrespect/disregard for existing threads and the people who created them.. Three More othen than not, at least as far as I've seen, noob-thread-spammers turn out to be trolls more often than non-spammers...And then the "Attention whore" label gets applied to the spammer be cause they seem to enjoy the unsolicited "Hey everybody-look at MY thread! Me Me Me!" element of such behavior.... and noobs don't automatically deserve that label,
so when people pointed out to you that this was not the way to go about things, they- believe it or not- were trying to put you straight and prevent you from suffering that fate.

Ain't nothing wrong with being a 'Noob', but when a thread spammer starts setting up new but totally unnecessary threads with out even checking with the search engine here to see if someone has set one already, people tend to give him the same amount of patience that he gave the search process. Now we all have done it once or twice, even the more regular/experienced posters, but effectively saying "I don't give a monkies" does not convince the other posters that you will turn out to be the responsible, respected poster that deep inside everyone
would happily want to see you become.....!! smile Hope this helps...

jjwil76
wish i was an attention whore. never even started one measely thread. nothing cool to say-------stupid jjwil76.

TrollSpellNazi
edit

smoker4
Oh look a comedian

jjwil76
that dude's still mad about last night. didn't sleep it off. even took the time to make yet another profile. just drop it man...look at the cool pics of the new movie and read the posts. it's really not all that serious. it's a movie brother---life is too short to waste your time being angry at mods on a message board. perhaps practice --kenpo.

Sadako of Girth
That's some good advice.... yes

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.