Why do we still speak with our dead relatives?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Reborn Again
As the subject says, Why do we still speak with our dead relatives? Are they listening to us? Do we honestly believe they are in a better place and free of harm? If remembering them hurts us, Why do we punish ourselves by remembering them? Why is it so hard to forget, if you want to forget? Are they with us in spirit? Can they interact with us on another plain of existence that we can not see or touch?

I brought this subject up because I recently lost my pet dog. Her name was Dakota. It's almost been a year, and I still miss her greatly. Every time I see her picture, I talk to her. Some may call it silly, but it helps me deal with the loss. Does anyone else do this?

debbiejo
I loved my dog, Buttercup, she was a Saint Bernard. We had her for 10 years, and I loved her. We moved a lot, so she was my best friend. We even slept together. It did get crowded. Now I have her picture on my wall, and I talk to her. I also lost my grandma a few years ago. She was more like a mom than a grandma, cause I came from a split family and my step-mom didn't like me. I joke around about her. I know she wouldn't get mad, especially some of the jokes I make, like "grandmas not lookin to good right now." I don't know if they can see us or hear us. I hope so. I ask God to tell hi for me. I still feel she's with me. I wear her some of her stuff, like jewelery, and even granny Jammie's, lol.
I don't think there's time where she is...and I think she is probably aware of what I'm doing. I'm confident I'll see her again.

finti
I dont

dragonpisces272
i dont speak with them...only when i get to visit them in the cemetary

finti
I second that,.............I just thend to get a stare at the tomb though.......I really miss my parents

debbiejo
Were your parents in an accident?

My sister was murdered...hard to believe she's gone too.

FeceMan
She was young, wasn't she? I hope whoever killed her gets the death penalty.

debbiejo
She was 16 and no they never did find out who they were. But thanks.

finti
no they both died of cancer

oh ,Im sorry...................... sad

Bardock42
I don't What the f**k?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.