Which Superheroes are Homosexual?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lobo
Fine. Which Superheroes are Homosexual?

Dogbert
lol
Gay=homosexual; They're the same thing...

SlickRick69
well, one could ask 'which superheroes prance around in neon colored spandex tights and drive phallically-suggestive vehicles, doing things like thwarting and bashing and triumphing'... but the answer would remain the same... all of them do, so all of them are 'sexually biased toward same' to be as PC as possible.

The point is, since all superheroes are that, and none of them have a problem with it, and go right on triumphing, bashing, thwarting, and frolicking, we should be able to discuss it here in an open, frank and honest manner. After all, they are just cartoons, sci-fi fantasy 'people' not 'REAL'... right?

lol

you people come up with the wackiest topics!!

what's next? which cartoon character's poop would you eat, if cartoon characters were real, and if they would poop near you, and if it could be salvaged and served on fine china with a good wine??

roundisfunny
Wonder Woman.

wuTa
robin

Gregory
I've said it before, and I'll say it again (literally--this is a copy and past job):

Batman and Robin are not gay (I know toy didn't mention Batman, but I'll address him anyway). Well, maybe Jason Todd was gay; I don't know if he ever had any romantic relationship with anyone, so I suppose it's possible. But the first Robin (Dick Grayson, now Nightwing) has a romantic relationship going with Oracle, and he had one going with Huntress before that. The third Robin (Tim Drake) had a relationship with one of his classmates (forget her name. Adrianna?), and last I heard was going steady with Spoiler. Batman himself has some sort of relationship with Catwoman, or did last time I checked. Before Catwoman, there was Vickie Vale. So no, Robin is not gay. Neither is Batman

Gregory
If one was going out of his way to reinforce stupid, outdated sexual stereotypes, than yes, one could ask that.

I'm going to assume that you were joking, but damnit, that kind of thinking irritates me.

SlickRick69
Why shouldn't the answer be as 'stupid' and 'joking' and 'irritating' as the question?? the whole idea of which superheroes we the reader/viewers 'think' or 'consider' might be maybe possible attracted to memebers of their same sex is idiotic in and of itself to even ponder.

Therefore, since the question is stupid, any and all attempts to answer the question should be as foolish and stereotypically slanted toward the absurd, to keep up the mood and flow of the whole thread. To actually attempt to answer seriously, to illicit any sort of well-meaning dialogue and conversation ove which fictional/sci-fi/cartoon/comic book character is drawn, portrayed, or otherwise insinuated as being homosexual, without the creator blatantly and point-blankedly explaining the fictional character's sexual orientation is laughable!!

which leaves the only answer, as far as I know (in my limited experience studying comic/cartoon/ superheroes) down to but 1 'couple' of superheores; The Ambiguously Gay Duo, from SNL... and even then, they are only ambiguous, as in, nobody knows for sure. but they are the only ones so closely portrayed, though misunderstood and misperceived they may be, to be homosexuals.

Not Superman, not Batman NOR Robin, not any of the X-Men or women, not the Telletubbies, not Pokemon, none of the rest of the Justice League, not the power rangers (well, maybe the Blue one) not Daredevil, not the Fantastic Four, not Yu Gi Oh, not Barney... NO SUPERHEROES are drawn, depicted, designated or destined to ever be 'homosexual'... unless or until they ARE, and then, everyone will already know who they are so asking the question is still stupid, since everyone would already know the answer.

...irritated by a nonsensical answer to a pointless question... somebody needs to suckle mama's teet and get in a nappie-poo...

Gregory
Wrong. One of the X-Men is gay. John Constantine is bisexual. In fact, there are quite a lot of gay superheroes out there, at least relative to the general perception. Certainly there are a lot of them compared to what you seem to believe.

So are you this rude to everyone, or should I feel special?

eleveninches
Ultimate Collossus and Northstar are gay.
I think that Moondragon and Marlo (Rick Jones's ex-girlfriend) are lesbians.
Beast might be gay.

Darth Jello
there's one thing that bothers me....Why do we care? we should like a hero for their character and their ability to give our lives entertainment in an era where "real" books have often become so laughable that many are driven to the fresh, and often better frontier of graphic novels, not on who's doing who in which orifice. I don't care who's gay or not as long as comics don't portray that person in a stereotype.

Gregory
Well, let me ask you a question: why do you care who Marvel's deadliest assassin is? Why do you care whether or not Wolverine could beat Batman? You posted in both threads. Most of the threads in comics forums are, to some degree, pointless. I don't care who's gay in the sense that I'm not offended by homosexuality, but I see no harm in chatting about it.

malkavian
i support Gregory's opinion

It's just another topic bout heroes.

It show also that a comic book doens't have 2 be realistic
with violence , big disasters of drinking problems.
It can also be realistic when he points out that
Heroes can also be homesexual. How do they handle this
in a world where "Hetero Man" control the world.

It brings a lot of new storylines.
Its the same kind of impact as the first afro-american hero
Years ago. And its good they finally change the borders of
comic stories. Coz if a kid reads about a gay hero maybe he
won't be troubled of outing himself.

My 2c

Jason420
i think batman and robin were secretly gay thats why he has an attitude all the time cause he wnated to come out of the closet but couldnt and it bugged him inside

Gregory
A lot of people think Batman and Robin are gay. All these people are wrong, but I'll be damned if I'm going to say why again.

Seriously, folks, is the idea of a father-son relationship so crushingly difficult to grasp that you need to invent nonexistant sexual relationships rather than accnowledge the existing paternal one?

malkavian
i think that the old tv series really didn't do much good at the whole Batman robin bay thing.

Darth Jello
i don't know, it just bothers me a little because there are people who think less of gay people and this can quickly degenerate into a middle school name calling crap fest. all the polls and questions i've asked were based solely on character loyalty. but whatever.
let us not forget the first rule of being human, everyone's a hypocrite.

VENOMfan
Well I think only gay characters in Marvel have been pointed out, so this thread will probably die soon.

chilled monkey
Darth Jello: I see your point, but personally I think that there should be more gay/lesbian/bisexual characters in the media. It's only fair that homosexuals should have equal representation.

VENOMfan: I believe that DC's Legion of Superheroes once had a lesbian couple (Salu Digby and Ayla Ranzz), but I'm not sure if they were ever official or just sub-text.

Gregory
Actually...

http://www.gayleague.com/gay/characters/index.php

eleveninches
Wow. Who'd have thought that there would be so many???

Darth Jello
i'm not saying that there should be more or less, I just think that it isn't a big deal unless comics become really stereotypical and offensive.

SlickRick69
Gregory is the 'sexpert' on all things homosexual in comics, I guess... his/her/its opinions over-rule all others on this board and on this planet. He/she/it knows all the gays in comics, knows Batman and Robin are father/son, not top/bottom, because Gregory says so, not because it says so in the comics themselves... Robin kissed a girl once, he cannot be gay!

'one of the x-men is gay. John Constantine is bi-sexual.' OK, thanks for that clarification. From now on, people, when you talk about Robin possibly being sexually deviant, please only use the words 'possibly bi-sexual' since it has been offered, by Gregory, that Robin has in fact kissed a girl at one point in the history of comicdom.. comicdumb? gaydum? gaydumb?? sexual deviationdom? sexual deviationdumb???

who cares! that's all I was saying too... I perceive/believe that all comic book/cartoon/graphic novel super heroes who wear neon spandex tights and prowl the back alleys of megalopli in phallically suggestive vehicles at night, during peak deviant behavior hours, must display at least some forms of latent sexually deviant behavior by virtue of those very acts, in addition to their clever 'front' of 'thwarting evil'...

In my response, I went 'both ways' at first saying ALL superheroes like that were gay, then saying NONE were... Gregory picked up and keyed in only on the part of my response that he found 'offensive' or 'irritating' when the reality is, I don't care one way or the other what Batman and Robin do to conserve water by showering together, or to conserve energy by sleeping together (sharing body heat, to keep the energy costs down at Wayne Manor), or to keep fit and trim and toned by repeated aggressive acts of sexual deviance in the privacy of their own cave together, as long as they keep the Joker and the other evil sexual deviants from controlling all the spandex and latex production facilities in Gotham, thereby cornering the market on gay party favors, costumes and condoms and raining chaos down across the city and around the world, what they do in their off-hours is none of my concern...

ps: just because it shows Robin kissing a girl once or twice or however many times you are now going to document as 'proof' that Robin is not homosexual, doesn't mean he is NOT BI-sexual... because, there are somethings that do go on behind closed doors, we are not privvy to the life and lifestyles of Batman, Robin or any other superhero every second of every day, every waking (or sleeping) hour, 24/7/365...

you have all the documented 'proof' as written by the writers and creators of the comic book superheroes that specifically spell out in no uncertain terms which ones are for sure certainly definitely without a doubt gay/bi beyond reproach, fine! good, yay you for being so caught up and involved, clued in and concerned about such things, even though you then go on about 'not caring who is gay'. If it is so spelled out, so be it, they are the sexually deviant ones... if its not so spelled out, clear and obvious, if there is not a specific panel in a specific issue where superhero X cries out in orgasmic bliss "OH YES! I'M SUPER HERO, I'M SUPER QUEERO, GET USED TO IT! (TO THE BATPOLE, ROBIN!!)" then it will always be debatable, until such a panel in such an issue does exist.

I'm not offended or upset about the concept of homo/bi-sexual superheroes. I'm 'irritated' similar to the way you are, in the way that these topics go on and on, when you, guardian of all gaydom/dumb in all of comic superherodom/dumb, has all the links to all the answers and all the proof, and still the question remains... as much as by how a topic can be closed by mods but started again and allowed to flourish simply by changing 1 word in the Subject line, without changing anything of the real nature, tone or subsequent discourse of the topic...

nothing against wasting time on pointless blather over fictional cartoon characters, just voicing my opinion (or lack of opinion one way or another) doing same as all of you, discussing, debating, chatting away the days until Bruce Wayne finally does come all the way out of the closet, or Alfred writes his unauthorized tell-all biography...

that's all I was trying to do...

Gregory
"Sexpert" is now my forum title.

Actually, it explicitly says as much in the Nightwing miniseries, the one where Nightwing overthrows a foreign dictator. If your talking about the first Robin? You realize that there's more than one, right? Which are you talking about?

Both Robins have had multiple girlfriends. If you want to say they're gay, the burden of proof is on you.

I said "possibly bisexual" not because I was speculating, but because I didn't have ready access to the relevant Hellblazer issue and thought I might possibly be mistaken. I wasn't. John Constantine is deffinitely bisexual.

I responded to the part where you said all of them were by calling it irritating. I responded to the other part by pointing out a gay and a bisexual superhero. I did not ignore anything.

I have classes in four minutes, so I have to cut this short. See you.

big gay kirk
My friend is gay... he had several girlfriends, and kissed them, (and more) before he finally admitted to himself and his parents that he was gay... therefore the argumaent about Robin not being gay"because he kissed a girl" doesn't hold water... whether or not he is, is immaterial to me... all I do know is that Hooded Justice wasn't... that was just a vicious rumour spread by the Comedian... and Rorschach definitely isn't whatever fantasies Adrian Veidt may have had...

Gregory
The "Robin isn't gay because he kissed a girl" argument doesn't hold water because the only person who's made it is someone who thinks that he is gay. It's a straw man. Not something I said. Please stop bringing it up.

I did say that Robin wasn't gay because he's had several girlfriends (this is not the same as "kissing a girl" once or twice). You're right in saying that that doesn't prove he's straight, but wouldn't you agree that it suggests it? And in the absence of any evidence to the contrary, I would say that it only makes sense to assume that Robin is straight.

Gregory
(I think we've reached the point where if Robin does come out as a homosexual, I'll have to spend the next year hiding in shame).

Red Superfly
I know it's not strictly comics, but Vamp from Metal Gear Solid 2 is bisexual.

I'm not gonna talk any further on the subject.

Gregory
What a wonderful idea. I think I'll emulate it.

big gay kirk
Actually, Robin tried chatting me up in a bar once, but he went off with Green Arrow in the end....

Oka_EaTer
I SpY WIT MY NAKED EYE.................Maybe John Smith...........OH comic bok peps now you tell me................um..............matbe......................... idon'T knoww ................(???)

LordRevan
the joker and robin you can see they all ways blow off women and pay more attion to men sick

Darth Jello
whoa, the Joker is a whole different animal. the joker is psychotic and a sadist. his sexuality cannot be quantified in any standard way.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.