Dark Materials Films

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Maylien
What do people think of these books being made into films what do you know about it and do you think they will be a success

Krystaldragon
well, my fav site has a few things about it-
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0385752/
I think it would be really good, I would go see it, but to me the books are VERY complex and I don't know if they can pull it off, Lyra is a very strong character and I don't know if any little girl could do it. but what do you think about this?- Writer Philip Pullman wants Nicole Kidman to play "Mrs. Coulter". anyway, give it a looksee.

shaber
I think the protagonist of the musical version was twenty something.

The latter two installments are not worth reproducing in other mediums.

big gay kirk
NICOLE KIDMAN!!!!!!!!! AS MRS COULTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've died and gone to heaven........

LovingWill
Well I got info on the movie in my thread if you want to see it. It's called: The Republic of Heaven ~ Info on the HDM movie

Movie_Geek_
I think it would be hard to put the books into movies but I would still go see them.

LovingWill
I really don't like the idea of Nicole Kidman as Mrs. Coulter. Yes maybe she would be great, but not all famous people need to play every role in every movie. I think they should give non or not- so famous people a chance at the roles also

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.