who do you hate the most?????

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

long pig
give reasons.
Gambit is tops for me, i detest the bugger...hes powers, his costume...his speech...his power of charm...godsakes!
what about you?
these people vs each other in a hate contest!
i really want reasons.

Mainstream
I just hate Scott Summers...his such a G**damn boy scout...more so that Supes.

long pig
lol i agree totally.....!!
no one is that goody goody!

Draco69
Hated Characters:

Gambit
Iceman (he's an @$$hole nowadays)
Rachel Summers
Hawkeye
Ultimate Nick Fury
Ultimate Rogue

Mainstream
you hate Gambit...dude..everyone loves Gambit...everyone...but you...but everyone else does

Draco69
I hate Gambit because his dialogue is so cliche and snarky. It's difficult to read his words. I don't like his personality. And I still don't see how an ugly SOB like him would be considered a heartthrob. He hardly shaves. His hair looks disastrous. He wears cheap aftershave. He looks like an urchin on the street. Not charming at all.

I love his powers though.

Mainstream
but his can charge up stuff. the accent can be hard to read..but I've learn to like it.

long pig
Originally posted by Mainstream
you hate Gambit...dude..everyone loves Gambit...everyone...but you...but everyone else does
-raises hand-
i definatly do not love the flamin cajun...

pr1983
wolverine...
most of the jla's dumb ass enemies...
and jubilee annoys the hell out of me...

Draco69
Jubilee is pretty f'ing annoying. I also hate Cannonball.

long pig
wtf is jubilee even in comics for?

Draco69
She has her own comic. That'll last.

I really despise Bishop too. Even more so than Gambit.

Mainstream
I'm black and I don't care for B-ship much myself...he doesn't have much personality...he got his own book..so maybe he'll grow as character..he sure need too.....I'm not too crazy about Emma Frost either

pr1983
bishop is too arrogant for his own good...

gambit can get annoying sometimes, they overplay him a bit...

Mainstream
Emma Frost is a total B*tch

long pig
bishop is a black steriotype if there ever was one.
lol @ jubilees own comic...
theyll prolly have her gain a "second mutation" where her sparklers can wipe out planets. l

pr1983
Emma Frost is a total B*tch

yeah but you still would wouldn't you?

Mainstream
sure....just wouldn't want to talk afterwards heh heh heh.

Draco69
I'm the minority here, but I like Emma Frost. Sure she's b*tch but that's why I like her. I like seeing a superhero with ambiguous morals.

pr1983
Originally posted by Draco69
I'm the minority here, but I like Emma Frost. Sure she's b*tch but that's why I like her. I like seeing a superhero with ambiguous morals.

as do i...

Mainstream
ok....I can respect that.

demigawd
Luke Cage is a black stereotype in a lot of ways.

Bishop is NOT. He's just some boring Whorf-like dude...

wuTa
i'd probly say superman....he's too powerful...and some of his powers dont make sense...why dont they give him every power in the book...oh wait...they already did

i like gambit...emma frost is hot....and i dont have a problem with bishop

Mainstream
B-ship is black and proud...I don't hate him...but I'm praying he makes a cameo in X3 either.

LordFear
I really hate Spidey. I just can't take anymore spin -offs and twists from the character. At the beginning it was great but then cosmic spidey and spidey with ultra fast speed attacks I mean c'mon already. Then teen spidey in highschool, then spider-chicks or whatever. Just quit milking the whole SM stuff already!!!!
Then I would say followed by the Mask cuz he is just an annoying guy and the fact that you can't kill him makes you wanna kill yourself and spend the rest of your life getting tortured in Hell rather then listen to his dribble.

Mainstream
you hate Spidey...he's one of my four favorites....what about ulitmate Spiderman

wuTa
spidey is awesome...my personal favorite...but there was a version of him i hated....they had a cartoon of him where he looked like a freakin fly...i cant remember the name of the cartoon but it sucked hard

LordFear
I liked Spidey when he was old school. When his biggest problem was that he ran outta cash and he can't buy stuff to make web fluid and he is late for school, needs to help Aunt May with the mortgage.You know like stuff we humans can relate to in real life. That's why SM was so cool, because we could relate unlike, IM,Thor,Cap, BP and others. Cuz we couldn't relate with those guys since they were either supersoldiers, billionnaire industrialist and a deity. Just miss the old days.

Mainstream
what about Flash..he's an everyman like Spiderman.

srankmissingnin
Not really a comic character but Chaos from Xeno Saga 1 and 2, I hate him sooooooo much.

Gambit is a lame character and I hate almost ever student in X-men Academy X

Hegemon875
Originally posted by wuTa
i'd probly say superman....he's too powerful...and some of his powers dont make sense...why dont they give him every power in the book...oh wait...they already did

Whats your reasoning for calling him "overpowered" is it because he's never challenged, well thats wrong, trying picking up a comic or two once in a while. Marvel fan boys constantly rave about how "gay" or "lame" superman is because many of their favorite Marvel characters pale in comparison to him. See youre operating from the stand point that superman is simply a conglomeration of other superheroes powers, thats wrong, rather other heroes have elements of him because he was the first comic book superhero. He has every power in the book cause he wrote the book, he IS the book.

who?-kid
Can't stand him either.

who?-kid
Lobo is also a stupid character. At first he was funny, he was some kind of parody, but now he's a part of the continuity, and that takes the fun away from it, imo.

And I actually know people who can't stand Superman because he's "too overpowered" (he's not by the way), but who are at the same time crazy about Lobo because "he totally kicks ass" ?!? If there is ONE character who is insanely overpowered, it has to be Lobo.

Talk about contradiction.

Hegemon875
Yeah I know ppl hate superman only because its cool to, how pathetic is that.

LordFear
Superman just seems as though like he needs to fight gods, mad titans and beings of immense power to get a challenge.
It sucks because again you can't relate. You wanna see a character struggle when he is in a fight, guessing on whether or not he is gonna make it. Supe if he is not confronted with kryptonite or magic will overcome, that aspect of him kinda sucks

Mainstream
the more powerful the character..the less love they get look at sliver surfer.

LordFear
Yeah because people can't relate to a cosmic herald. Wtf is that?
But people can relate to Bats cuz it's more real.
My point is Stark wouldn't just know that a guy like WW is coming after him to kill him and him just sitting in his lab tinkering with junk. He would tinker with his armor and find a way to neutralize Simon whether permanently or temp!!!

Mainstream
I think tragic characters are cooler too. the ones who lost loved ones..who what to read about hero with a happy origin.

Hegemon875
Originally posted by LordFear
Superman just seems as though like he needs to fight gods, mad titans and beings of immense power to get a challenge.
It sucks because again you can't relate. You wanna see a character struggle when he is in a fight, guessing on whether or not he is gonna make it. Supe if he is not confronted with kryptonite or magic will overcome, that aspect of him kinda sucks

You just described EVERY superhero, nothing there is unique to superman, every hero wins if his weakness is not explouited duh! Besides superman man has not only failed but been KILLED, what major Marvel here has been killed, superman IS DC and they killed him.

Hegemon875
I think tragic characters are cooler too. the ones who lost loved ones..who what to read about hero with a happy origin.

How is losing youre ENTIRE people, home, and heritage happy?

Mainstream
If the "killed him" why is he still here. they "killed" Batman, Aquaman too and they did kill JT Robin and the first Batgirl has to park in handicap spaces when she goes to the mall. Superman is DC...maybe.

LordFear
dude that was just for hype purposes. They brought him right back so how long was that? Cap is no different, he is in suspended anime and then brought back, that's death in a sense, the absence of life. Bats you see him get beat up, back broken, bleeding etc... Supe he gets a few scratches and come right back, that's every hero? NO it's not read more comix before making asanine comments.

demigawd
Originally posted by Hegemon875
Besides superman man has not only failed but been KILLED, what major Marvel here has been killed, superman IS DC and they killed him.

For a WHOLE ENTIRE YEAR, too! WOW! Those risk-takers! They didn't even have time to stop producing his book, lol.

My vote goes to The Mask. I didn't know anything about him until people on this board started talking about him. What's the point of reading a comic book where the character can do ANYTHING he wants? And can never be beaten? Where's the drama? Where's the tension?

That's why I wouldn't read a comic called "God - Superhero", either. "You bank robbers! I'll stop you!" *snaps fingers; robbers in Hell*

*yawn*

LordFear
believe it or not that's what people want to see. The hero struggling to survive. NO one wants to see a surefire thing. There's no suspense no tension and u can't relate to the hero bottom line. Why do u think Spidey is so famous? Because he is a much more tangible character then Supes.

who?-kid
Yeah I know ppl hate superman only because its cool to, how pathetic is that.
It's very pathetic, some people don't have an opinion of their own.

I'm not exactly a big fan of Superman, but I respect his place in comicland. And the Post-Crisis Superman is not that overpowered: strong, durable and fast, that's about it (and his eye beams and so).

He can't control molecules, knows squat about magics, is vulnerable to magic, can't read minds, change matter, travel in time and so on and so on. He can bleed and he can die. There are LOTS of things Superman can't do, but other heroes can.

Truly overpowered beings: Thanos, Silver Surfer (a bit), Lobo, Spectre, Dr. Strange, Franklin Richards, Tyrant...

Cosmic Cube
That is far from the truth, whokid. Superman is (according to his fans) "the strongest superhero ever! He's faster than light! He can fly! He blew out a galaxy! Blah, blah, blah, blah!." Superman can control molecules, travel through time, punch through dimensions, use magic, or anything else you could possibly think of. No character is more overpowered than Superman.

People don't hate Superman because it's cool. Most people who dislike Superman feel so because most of his fans drastically overestimate him (that sounds like a paradox, but the overpowered can be overestimated.) When talking about regular old Superman, I have heard that "Superman can move at lightspeed" and other such misnomer. Superman's speed has yet to have been described as more than "supersonic," and that is his flight speed. Some have argued "Superman can beat Silver Surfer, and Superman would beat Thor," dispite his obvious disadvantages, simply on the grounds that "he's Superman!". I am a recovering "Superman-hater." I have since discovered that my hatred was not for the character, but his ignorant fanatic worshippers.

wuTa
Whats your reasoning for calling him "overpowered" is it because he's never challenged, well thats wrong, trying picking up a comic or two once in a while. Marvel fan boys constantly rave about how "gay" or "lame" superman is because many of their favorite Marvel characters pale in comparison to him. See youre operating from the stand point that superman is simply a conglomeration of other superheroes powers, thats wrong, rather other heroes have elements of him because he was the first comic book superhero. He has every power in the book cause he wrote the book, he IS the book.

as stuart scott would say "hater in the house"..whats with all the hostility phil?.....you do know that this thread is about hating on superheroes right?...did i say superman was gay or lame?....no... i just said i dont like him and why which is exactly what this thread is about...yea superman was the first comic book hero but when he first came out...he couldnt fly (just jump far), he was stronger than humans but not strong enough to move a planet, he was fast but not fast enough to run back in time....when they 1st wrote the book on him you could actually relate to the charactor...but overtime writers made him pretty much invurnable unless your from another dimension, planet, or galaxy....see you were assuming i was assuming that superman was simply a conglomeration of other superhero powers which isnt just wrong but effed up as well...so next time you want to call some "marvel fan boy" out maybe you should think twice...my sig and avy are D.C so that should have at least been a hint

Infinity Watch
Isn't it kinda dumb to hate a fictional character?

LordFear
Spidey fans are just like Supes. They overestimate these guys ludicrously.

Draco69
Spidey fans are just like Supes. They overestimate these guys ludicrously.

True. I spent an hour trying to convince these guys that She-Hulk would kick his arachnid a$$.

I really hate Iceman now. He's a grade A jerk nowadays.

Mainstream
Originally posted by Infinity Watch
Isn't it kinda dumb to hate a fictional character?

It's what we do

LordFear
HAHA
ISN'T IT THE PURPOSE OF THIS THREAD TO DISCUSS AND OPINIATE ABOUT FICTIONAL CHARACTERS!!!???

Mainstream
why you "yelling" (they say if you talk in all cap you are "yelling" go figure.)

LordFear
lol. sorry I will be more quiet he whispers

Mainstream
don't worry about it. I generally hate characters who are bullet proof...I don't know why.

grey fox
I believe that superman is ok in small doses but should keep him as he is not spiking his power-levels every year i mean we went from a average superhero who had some weakness's that were slightly odd ( mean a rock and magic you have to admit there dd weakness's) to a insanely powerful character who can smash hell apart and ***** slap Satan before trying to break down the Gates of heaven .

who?-kid
Originally posted by Cosmic Cube
That is far from the truth, whokid. Superman is (according to his fans) "the strongest superhero ever! He's faster than light! He can fly! He blew out a galaxy! Blah, blah, blah, blah!." Superman can control molecules, travel through time, punch through dimensions, use magic, or anything else you could possibly think of. No character is more overpowered than Superman.

People don't hate Superman because it's cool. Most people who dislike Superman feel so because most of his fans drastically overestimate him (that sounds like a paradox, but the overpowered can be overestimated.) When talking about regular old Superman, I have heard that "Superman can move at lightspeed" and other such misnomer. Superman's speed has yet to have been described as more than "supersonic," and that is his flight speed. Some have argued "Superman can beat Silver Surfer, and Superman would beat Thor," dispite his obvious disadvantages, simply on the grounds that "he's Superman!". I am a recovering "Superman-hater." I have since discovered that my hatred was not for the character, but his ignorant fanatic worshippers.
Yeah, but you confuse the character Superman with the die-hard Super-Man fans. Superman himself is not that overpowered, not when you compare him to some other major players in DC or Marvel. It's not his fault that some too enthusiastic fans think he's God.

DarkCrawler
Jubilee should burn in thousand hells...

...and then some more.

I f*king hate her. No, I loathe her.

Scoobless
I FU*KING HATE LOBO!!!!!!! ................. and the worst part is ......... I'VE NEVER EVEN READ ANYTHING WITH HIM IN IT .......... miffed

just the concept of the guy is sooooo fu*king dumb, i mean c'mon
he "can't" die?!?! = DUMB
he has a friggin' song in his head continuasly ?!?!?!?! = FU*KING DUMB!

this hatred has come from these threads........... I HOPE YOU'RE ALL FU*KING HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!

Hegemon875

so you dont like him because other ppl do, yeah thats a good reason.

Hegemon875
If the "killed him" why is he still here. they "killed" Batman, Aquaman too and they did kill JT Robin and the first Batgirl has to park in handicap spaces when she goes to the mall. Superman is DC...maybe.

Thats all true but I was trying to point out that super is not unbeatable, and what do you mean they "killed" batman? Oh and aquamans just fine.
And superman IS Dc i.e. Action Comics no. 1

Hegemon875
as stuart scott would say "hater in the house"..whats with all the hostility phil?.....you do know that this thread is about hating on superheroes right?...did i say superman was gay or lame?....no... i just said i dont like him and why which is exactly what this thread is about...yea superman was the first comic book hero but when he first came out...he couldnt fly (just jump far), he was stronger than humans but not strong enough to move a planet, he was fast but not fast enough to run back in time....when they 1st wrote the book on him you could actually relate to the charactor...but overtime writers made him pretty much invurnable unless your from another dimension, planet, or galaxy....see you were assuming i was assuming that superman was simply a conglomeration of other superhero powers which isnt just wrong but effed up as well...so next time you want to call some "marvel fan boy" out maybe you should think twice...my sig and avy are D.C so that should have at least been a hint

I never called you a Mavel fanboy I'm sorry if sounded it like it, I chose youre post to respond to because it was the only anti superman one at the time. I was simply talking about "fanboys" in general.

Hegemon875
dude that was just for hype purposes. They brought him right back so how long was that? Cap is no different, he is in suspended anime and then brought back, that's death in a sense, the absence of life. Bats you see him get beat up, back broken, bleeding etc... Supe he gets a few scratches and come right back, that's every hero? NO it's not read more comix before making asanine comments.

read the post man I never said every hero gets a few scratches and comes back (and if you think thats the case with supes I think you need to read more comics)

here is the original quote I quoted.

I meant every hero fights beings who are beyond them, they dont fight villians who are far weaker than they. And every hero will win everytime if not exploited by a weakness. And only a person with limited knowledge of superman would think he was beyond relating to, he has a wife, he has parents, he was friends, he has a job, he has a life. He is a very human character at heart in many ways whether you would like to admit it or not. So youre telling me you can relate to a guy with psycic powers who runs a school full of kids you can relate to who can shoot beams from their eyes, teleport, turn their skin into metal, etc. Oh yeah I know just whats its like to be them.

doctorstrongbad
I'm not a hater or a fanboy I just have never liked Superman. I'm surprised nobody put Batman on this poll. I have read so many prep time threads that it makes me sick. I hate prep time. They should pull prep time on this poll.

that would be funny. smile

nigel45
In a way, they have pulled prep time, since it's not allowed (unless otherwise stated).

You know what...I'm starting to realize something. There is not one character I hated in Marvel or DC before I came to this forum. Now there are several. Thanks alot fanboys.

pr1983
i'm the same actually...

for all the superman haters, heres my response to someone calling superman lame:

who?-kid
I fully agree.

StrawNilla
You just described EVERY superhero, nothing there is unique to superman, every hero wins if his weakness is not explouited duh! Besides superman man has not only failed but been KILLED, what major Marvel here has been killed, superman IS DC and they killed him.
While Spidey has never died from what I have accounted, he's come to close to death in battle numerous times. In fact, if memory serves me correctly, there was a WHAT IF where he actually was shot to death!

And you can't tell me that Spidey isn't MARVEL.

StrawNilla
But no, when you think about it, there really isn't a reason, in my opinion, to hate Superman.

Infinity Watch
Originally posted by long pig
bishop is a black steriotype if there ever was one.
lol @ jubilees own comic...
theyll prolly have her gain a "second mutation" where her sparklers can wipe out planets. l

Static Shock is a black stereotype. Bishop doesn't even act black.

I don't dislike Jubilee's character. She's a goofy little asian girl. What's so bad about her? What is there to hate?

StrawNilla
I still don't like the way Supes is written though. Granted, his personality is nothing I despise, but the way he always wins is not a likable trait.

When he fought the Hulk, no matter how mad Hulk got, Supes just stood there like they were nothing, that's like taking away the respect someone may have for Hulk's powers. I mean, Thanos has admitted himself that he's been trying to avoid an encounter with the guy, and yet, he's nothing to Supes.

Doomsday killed Supes, Supes comes back, and beating Doomsday isn't even a struggle for him anymore.

And then there's Darkseid, everytime they run into each other Supes dominates. In Identity Crisis he had to hide behind a door and sneak a punch to Supes just to get the edge over him.

Hegemon875
Originally posted by StrawNilla
I still don't like the way Supes is written though. Granted, his personality is nothing I despise, but the way he always wins is not a likable trait.

When he fought the Hulk, no matter how mad Hulk got, Supes just stood there like they were nothing, that's like taking away the respect someone may have for Hulk's powers. I mean, Thanos has admitted himself that he's been trying to avoid an encounter with the guy, and yet, he's nothing to Supes.

Doomsday killed Supes, Supes comes back, and beating Doomsday isn't even a struggle for him anymore.

And then there's Darkseid, everytime they run into each other Supes dominates. In Identity Crisis he had to hide behind a door and sneak a punch to Supes just to get the edge over him.

Ok but doesnt every superhero win in the end everytime.

Kento

Actually during Hunter/Prey, and Doomsday wars Supes gets his butt handed to him with a whole lot of ease. It was just when they made Doomsday a thinking being that Supes beat him.

Cosmic Cube

Both of you should really try reading the entire post before you reply. I didn't even hint towards disliking Superman because other people like him, or because its cool. I didn't even say I disliked him. You talk like Superman is a member of your family. He's a comic book character.

There are a couple of reasons to dislike Superman's character. Consistancy is a big one. He fluctuates from a normal Super hero to an all powerful being who can force his way into heaven, or manipulate reality. He is not very skilled, he's just powerful. He may be noble; sure he's saved the world. But countless other superheros have done the same.

Go to any "So-and-So vs. Superman" thread. Unless the opposition can absorb Superman's sunlight, use telepathy on him, or somehow disable him, you'll notice every Superman fan will say "Superman Wins!" as if it were impossible to defeat Superman in hand to hand combat. Sometimes, they will ignore the disadvantage, and drone "Superman wins!" That is enough to make you dislike a character. "Superman is the strongest! Superman is the fastest!" "DC characters are overpowered! Marvel characters are overrated!" It's sickening.

Hegemon875
Both of you should really try reading the entire post before you reply. I didn't even hint towards disliking Superman because other people like him, or because its cool. I didn't even say I disliked him. You talk like Superman is a member of your family. He's a comic book character.

There are a couple of reasons to dislike Superman's character. Consistancy is a big one. He fluctuates from a normal Super hero to an all powerful being who can force his way into heaven, or manipulate reality. He is not very skilled, he's just powerful. He may be noble; sure he's saved the world. But countless other superheros have done the same.

Go to any "So-and-So vs. Superman" thread. Unless the opposition can absorb Superman's sunlight, use telepathy on him, or somehow disable him, you'll notice every Superman fan will say "Superman Wins!" as if it were impossible to defeat Superman in hand to hand combat. Sometimes, they will ignore the disadvantage, and drone "Superman wins!" That is enough to make you dislike a character. "Superman is the strongest! Superman is the fastest!" "DC characters are overpowered! Marvel characters are overrated!" It's sickening.

ummm im only 1 person. You say you dont hate superman because of the fans, yet you are stating once again that its justified to hate him based on the fans. At the end of your post are you saying that when people say "DC characters are overpowered! Marvel characters are overrated!" its sickening because youre stating right now that supes is overpowered. Besides your point that he fluctuates there are no real reasons in your post to dislike him, he's really powerful and noble so you dont like him? Aside from cosmics beings its true that few beings can beat precrisis superman hand to hand.

skizo
i hate cyclops... dont know why i just do it cant be cause of his boyscout tendencies because i like superman so i dont knoe he just pisses me off... meh erm

nigel45

Well, sometimes Superman is just the logical choice (i.e. Superman vs. Spiderman). And how do you tell who is a Superman fan? They could just be defending the character they believe will win. Fact is, Superman CAN beat alot of people, love him or hate him.

Kento
I don't like John Stewart. Or Cyke..or Jean or Prof. X. No real clues as to why.

Hegemon875
Originally posted by nigel45
Well, sometimes Superman is just the logical choice (i.e. Superman vs. Spiderman). And how do you tell who is a Superman fan? They could just be defending the character they believe will win. Fact is, Superman CAN beat alot of people, love him or hate him.

thank you.

nigel45
Originally posted by nigel45
You know what...I'm starting to realize something. There is not one character I hated in Marvel or DC before I came to this forum. Now there are several. Thanks alot fanboys.

Actually, I take that back (just a little). I have never really liked Hawkgirl, but lately I've started getting use to her.

Cosmic Cube
My point is, you act like Superman is the only hero to have ever acted valiantly. Many Superheros have saved the world, not just Superman. As I said, I don't hate Superman. I don't hate Superman; because I have come to the realization that It is stupid to hate a fictional character. That does not mean that there are no reasons to dislike Superman.

When I referred to the "DC characters are overpowered! Marvel characters are overrated!" quote, I was only emphasizing the fanboys point of view. DC is not much more powerful than Marvel, though it's a common assumption. The only reason this myth is still alive is that Marvel provides ability charts while DC does not. There are still people who believe that Juggernaut, Thor, and Hulk can only lift 100 tons.

You'll notice I never mentioned pre-crisis Superman. Pre-crisis Superman is another reason to dislike Superman. Anytime there is a fight involving Superman, the Superman fanboy sings, "Well, pre-crisis Superman would kick ass!"

pr1983
My point is, you act like Superman is the only hero to have ever acted valiantly. Many Superheros have saved the world, not just Superman.

nobody said he was the only one... but people seem to underestimate his value...

Cosmic Cube
Underestimate?! Yeah right. I have yet to see anyone underestimate Superman. If anything, he's often overestimated.

Max Spidey 24
Why the hell is wolverine up there how do u people hate the man . Wolverine is one of the best. You should put Batman Up there and even though I like Batman very much (top favs) people will hate the man because he has no powers and they dont want to read about an ordnary guy.

Silver Surfer and all cosmic people are crappppp

Superman Is Good its not like hes the martain man hunter or Magento t.

Spiderman(regular one is one of the best ) but i dont like others
and all the clones of superheros should be up there(not real clones but)
50 Robins(Nightwing is the good one) 50 Batgirls 50 spider girls or people that have his powers omg venom girl and wolverine girl, what the helllll is thattttt.

pr1983
Underestimate?! Yeah right. I have yet to see anyone underestimate Superman. If anything, he's often overestimated.

i'm talking about all the hate... dc (the company and the universe) would be in big trouble if they lost superman...

and i've seen plenty of people overestimate other characters more than superman...

Originally posted by Max Spidey 24
Why the hell is wolverine up there how do u people hate the man . Wolverine is one of the best. You should put Batman Up there and even though I like Batman very much (top favs) people will hate the man because he has no powers and they dont want to read about an ordnary guy.

Silver Surfer and all cosmic people are crappppp

Superman Is Good its not like hes the martain man hunter or Magento t.

Spiderman(regular one is one of the best ) but i dont like others
and all the clones of superheros should be up there(not real clones but)
50 Robins(Nightwing is the good one) 50 Batgirls 50 spider girls or people that have his powers omg venom girl and wolverine girl, what the helllll is thattttt.

wolverine... too one dimensional imo...

"ooh i have claws... i'm the best at what i do... grrr..."

you either love him or hate him, there are plenty of both...

you've never read a silver surfer comic have you?

i do agree about the knock offs though, but robin is no knock off...

Max Spidey 24
Lol cyclops even though I like him is basically Optic ass when he takes off his shades and kills every one. With out jean hes just a Loser Superman

pr1983
Lol cyclops even though I like him is basically Optic ass when he takes off his shades and kills every one. With out jean hes just a Loser Superman

you've missed the point completely...

Max Spidey 24
No I understand . Your right, but I thought people loved the man . He had Two movies so far Called Wolverine 1 and Wolverine 2 or was it Xmen 1 and 2

Cosmic Cube
What the hell is this guy talking about?

Hegemon875
My point is, you act like Superman is the only hero to have ever acted valiantly. Many Superheros have saved the world, not just Superman. As I said, I don't hate Superman. I don't hate Superman; because I have come to the realization that It is stupid to hate a fictional character. That does not mean that there are no reasons to dislike Superman.

When I referred to the "DC characters are overpowered! Marvel characters are overrated!" quote, I was only emphasizing the fanboys point of view. DC is not much more powerful than Marvel, though it's a common assumption. The only reason this myth is still alive is that Marvel provides ability charts while DC does not. There are still people who believe that Juggernaut, Thor, and Hulk can only lift 100 tons.

You'll notice I never mentioned pre-crisis Superman. Pre-crisis Superman is another reason to dislike Superman. Anytime there is a fight involving Superman, the Superman fanboy sings, "Well, pre-crisis Superman would kick ass!"

"Well, pre-crisis Superman would kick ass!" So you have a problem with the truth?

I dont feel that I have ever acted like superman is the only valiant hero, I just feel that he doesnt get the respect he deserves from some people.

Max Spidey 24
What the hell is this guy talking about?

Thats what ill like to know.

pr1983
Thats what ill like to know.

was he talking about me?

Cosmic Cube
Superman gets all he deserves and much more.

Max Spidey 24
I think he was talking about me

Hegemon875
Superman gets all he deserves and much more.

well thats your opinion.

Cosmic Cube
Thor doesn't get the respect he deserves.
Hulk doesn't get the respect he deserves.
Until recently, Silver Surfer didn't get the respect he deserved.

Suuperman gets all of the respect. I respect Superman.

pr1983
thor and hulk get plenty... at least in this forum they do...

and surfer has the respect of everyone, but how many threads do you see with him? very few because most of us know how powerful he is...

King Burger
Storm and Thor!

I have hated Storm ever since I first saw her all those years ago.
I am so sick of her "African goddess" attitude. Almost from her very
first appearance ever in the X-Men (read it in Classic X-Men), she
has been one annoying, over-rated, pompous b****, (especially
during her mohawk days). Interestingly enough, the 90's X-Men
cartoon brilliantly (though probably un-intentionally) captured that
suffocating side of her as well (though the cartoon Storm is still
way more likable than the comics one).

Thor. Another arrogant a******. Granted, he has more right to
be arrogant than Storm, but that doesn't make him any more
tolerable to me. I hate his "Thou hast angered Mjolnir petty mortal"
phrases. He seems to think that everyone should bow down and
kiss his feet because he's a "god". His encounter with the
Celestials was the height of this arrogance, and when I went from
strongly disliking him, to outright loathing him. I couldn't stand
his "god madness" story-line as well.

Some may say that Silver Surfer is the same. While SS may
occasionally show an arrogant estimation of his own powers, his
humility in most times makes him overall a likable guy.

Cosmic Cube
Silver Surfer is far from arrogant. The Power Cosmic is pretty damn potent; it's not like he's overestimating it.

StrawNilla
Ok but doesnt every superhero win in the end everytime.
I get where you're coming from but sometimes the hero doesn't get his or her way.

I mean, I've seen Thanos slap Silver Surfer around like nothin' doin, there was even one time (recently, judging from the quality of the art) where Thanos practically knocked Surfer out.

Or when Batman met Predator in their first time, Predator owned the guy.

Or when Spidey met Morlun and Black Tarantula respectively for the first time, two very vivid examples of Spidey getting the skit kicked out of him.

I didn't like that, or Thanos owning Surfer, or Punisher owning Batman, but it happens. My point is regardless of Supes getting killed, things like the occurances mentioned above don't happen often for him and alot of other charcters in his power league (which are few and far between).

I'm with you on not hating the character of Supes for these reasons, I just think that he should have more challenging battles written for him.

Mider
I hate the Living Tribunal over rated character this place is full of LT fan boys its not even funny they give false examples like how the LT can do this and that and when i asked them to give proof they just gave more excuses the LT is powerful ive seen him make a star go nova with one blast of his power but blink someone out of existance or destroy a universe ive never seen this happen he was owned by the brothers he stood back while The Beyonder killed death he RAN away from Korvac when Korvac became as powerful as eternity, He did nothing to stop Abraxas from killing all those Galacti or when Entropy destoryed the universe or when the goblin force ate the powers of Galactus and the Phenoix or when the infinites were about to mess with all realites not destory it but upset it and kill countless beings in the process.

Swanky-Tuna
I hate Wolverine for all his fan driven crap. Especially involving his healing factor.

And yeah, Superman is a pretty lame character. When there's only 3 ways to beat a guy, there's something wrong.

hoorayforpeepee
i don't like superman because he is as plain as ****ing air. the guy is the most one-dimensional boring turd ever.

plus, he is overpowered. even post-crisis, this guy can do way way too much.

but i voted for jubilee. cuz i hate her.

Quick Freeze
jubilee is a worthless annoying piece of annoying worthlessness

long pig
Flash can run fast....how horrible and stupid is that?
the guy runs....FAST!
i really do not see any need for this guy to have ever had a comic ....worthess...no reedeming qualities...nothing...ihatehim
as for why anyone hates jubilee...she is stuck in an annoying 13 year old mode.....i hated 13 year olds when i was 13...she needs death...slow and painful death.
lobo was funny when he was made to make fun of other "dark" heros like wolverine and punisher and bats....now its like people are taking him seriously....im starting to hate him because of how hes being written.

eleveninches
I HATE SPIDER MAN!!!!
sick sick sick

long pig
why? i dont hate him or like him...cant really see a reason to hate the guy....well the clone saga sucked ass...but yeah ...why?

eleveninches
Cos he's INHUMAN. NOT HUMAN.
He's a FREAK.
I hate spiders. They are gross. sick
Therefore I hate spiderman.
Anyone who has anything in common with them is disgusting

long pig
....spiders are everywhere....probably some in your bed right now

eleveninches
eukkkk.

NOT IN MY BED!!!!

I KILL THEM.

THE EVIL DISGUSTING FREAKS.

DIEE!!!1

Hegemon875
I get where you're coming from but sometimes the hero doesn't get his or her way.

I mean, I've seen Thanos slap Silver Surfer around like nothin' doin, there was even one time (recently, judging from the quality of the art) where Thanos practically knocked Surfer out.

Or when Batman met Predator in their first time, Predator owned the guy.

Or when Spidey met Morlun and Black Tarantula respectively for the first time, two very vivid examples of Spidey getting the skit kicked out of him.

I didn't like that, or Thanos owning Surfer, or Punisher owning Batman, but it happens. My point is regardless of Supes getting killed, things like the occurances mentioned above don't happen often for him and alot of other charcters in his power league (which are few and far between).

I'm with you on not hating the character of Supes for these reasons, I just think that he should have more challenging battles written for him.

ok thats cool.

Lord Ryugen
After coming to this forum I have developed an absolute loathing for Wolverine. Or to be more precise the ridiculous writing that allows him to somehow beat characters that could crush him with one hand or survive things that should kill him outright.

long pig
the wolverine who gets beat all the time but never gave up of the past was cool....when he first came out he hardly ever won a fight.
here recently he managed to cut thanos...without his adamantium...how gay is that.
i dunno why no one has voted fer hulk...cuz he pisses me off ....talk about one dimensional

Cosmic Cube
There is a reason to hate every superhero. Whether it be character flaws, one dimensionality, overpowering, ect. Actually, no there is not a reason to hate any superhero. Because they are ink and pencil on paper. Why is Wolverine any more hateable than Batman. Batman does some very outlandish things for a human.

Thanos is more powerful than the Silver Surfer. Everyone knows that.

LordFear
Let me just respond to someone ealier in this thread who supports Supes and mentioned that Supes is just an ordinary superheroe.
I don't think that jacking up someone's power levels because he is a company's flagship character makes it cool. Supes goes against Darkseid, now mind you Darkseid is no pushover the guy owns his own planet and has conquered many worlds, yet Supes get pissed off and beats his face in. Second, Juggy comes along and Supes flicks him off like a flee. THE JUGGERNAUT people!!!! Third Doomsday granted he kills him but then of course Supes comes back reincarnated and kicks his ass. Am I the only one seeing a pattern. Then let's not forget that Hulk he fights to a stand still and the whole time thinks nothing of the fight. THE HULK people!!!Powerhouses he fights and he whips their asses. You guys like a predictable character like that????
Now as if he wasn't powerful enough, they make alternate versions with him pimp slapping THE DEVIL in his own realm, busting the Gates of Heaven!!!!HEAVEN!!!People are u seeing my point here or do I have to right this shit in braille. Then as a finale we have Superman1 million and PC versions. C'mon with it already, this shit sucks and he sucks and just cuz he has a wife and kid it doesn't make me connect with the character when he can pull PLANETS together or apart??????????Enough already why don't we make a bible for Supe also while you are at it.

long pig
anyone with superhuman 100++++ ton level should not have superspeed.
its retarded ...lord i agree ....think about it...jugs power is magical in nature...shouldnt that have weakend sups a lil????
its like someone who is allergic to cats fighting a tiger....you should sneeze until you pass out.
anyway this could be considered the offical b-itching thread? cuz we all need to ***** sometimes...may keep it outta other threads. heh

Mainstream
I agree...being too powerful isn't cool.

long pig
do you consider SS too powerful? how bout dark phoenix?

LordFear
dark phoenix is ludicrously overhyped.
Who can realistically beat her or it whatever???
No one on Earth. Thor's power pales in comparison.
I mean c'mon Jean had already great potential now you jack her up with a being that consumes SUNS as it's nourishement...SUNS!!!!!
Jesus unless I am LT or God, who knows who,if she decided to take a piss on me I can't do anything about it. Sucks!!!!!

long pig
indeed.....i liked the fact she died tho.
i hope she never comes back...ever

Mainstream
Originally posted by long pig
do you consider SS too powerful? how bout dark phoenix? Dark Phoenix is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay tooooo powerful summoner

mikalv1224
I chose the flash because I hate these speedy guys.

wuTa
read the post man I never said every hero gets a few scratches and comes back (and if you think thats the case with supes I think you need to read more comics)

here is the original quote I quoted.

I meant every hero fights beings who are beyond them, they dont fight villians who are far weaker than they. And every hero will win everytime if not exploited by a weakness. And only a person with limited knowledge of superman would think he was beyond relating to, he has a wife, he has parents, he was friends, he has a job, he has a life. He is a very human character at heart in many ways whether you would like to admit it or not. So youre telling me you can relate to a guy with psycic powers who runs a school full of kids you can relate to who can shoot beams from their eyes, teleport, turn their skin into metal, etc. Oh yeah I know just whats its like to be them.

this is getting ridicolous....first you call me a "marvel fan boy" than say you didnt and i let that slide....than you put words in my mouth by perpetrating that i called superman lame or gay...and now you won't stop quoting me...i dont mind be quoted but stop quoting me from the same quote..i thought we moved on...

yes i can relate to a guy with pysic powers, a teleport, and a metal freak more than i can relate to an alien that just keep getting more powers...see the thing is the writers gave the x-men A power or two...A as in singular and for the most part they didnt overblow there charactors or powers (notice i said for the most part, there are exceptions like wolverine who i dont like for the same reasons as i dont like superman)...you can relate more to them because once again, you dont have to be an alien, from another dimension, galaxy, or planet to kill them...another word..there not invulnerable...any joe off the street can whipp out a gun and shoot them and they could die...now its not just marvel charactors you can relate more to...i can relate more to batman or nightwing than any superhero because there human with no powers

Fionnula
wow..this is a positive thread

doctorstrongbad
this is getting ridicolous....first you call me a "marvel fan boy" than say you didnt and i let that slide....than you put words in my mouth by perpetrating that i called superman lame or gay...and now you won't stop quoting me...i dont mind be quoted but stop quoting me from the same quote..i thought we moved on...

yes i can relate to a guy with pysic powers, a teleport, and a metal freak more than i can relate to an alien that just keep getting more powers...see the thing is the writers gave the x-men A power or two...A as in singular and for the most part they didnt overblow there charactors or powers (notice i said for the most part, there are exceptions like wolverine who i dont like for the same reasons as i dont like superman)...you can relate more to them because once again, you dont have to be an alien, from another dimension, galaxy, or planet to kill them...another word..there not invulnerable...any joe off the street can whipp out a gun and shoot them and they could die...now its not just marvel charactors you can relate more to...i can relate more to batman or nightwing than any superhero because there human with no powers

I have to agree with wutu. The x-men are more human and you can almost feel bad for them because they are treated like second class citizens. That's why being a mutant is a bad thing. That's why the Morlocks live in the sewer.

Superman is an alien with super powers who can fly. I can respect him as a hero but I feel no feelings towards him at all. That is why the guy is hard to like.

long pig
thats why i read x-men...they are conflicted...angry...but also hopeful.
easy to identify with.
who can identify with someone who can DO ANYTHING???

The Flash
long pig, you hate Superman because you believe he can do anything, yet you think The Mask(Who can do anything, unlike Superman) is interesting. Hypocritical are we?

long pig
the mask is a joke....he is totally insane...and he rarely does anything other than pulling a cannon out of his pants that shoots midgets instead of bullets.
as a joke...yes its funny....as a superhero he'd be stupid...just like superman.
now i must say is superman had a midget shooting cannon i may like him. but he doesnt...therefore he sucks...just as much as the flash...which is a HUGE feat in itself.

Paola
moving...

liam k
I hate the mask! he a complete idiot! And how can anyone not like Superman, sure he may be a boyscout but he is the best hero of all history!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GreatMuta
Is it me or does anybody else see that Flash is becoming a "mega- hero" his powers are ever increasing to the point that instead of just running at super speed's he's phase shifting, rearranging his molecules (for lack of better words) and just evolving at.....dare i say super speed! Flash is going to be GOD in 6 issues with the way he's moving. For me personally Flash is an overpowered piece of grade A monkey crap, who i wouldn't give 2 squirts of lobster piss for. I hope he dies in his dreams so i can wake his arse up and them kill him again!!

I have seen evil, I have seen the creatures that inhabit the dark recesses of the earth, I have seen the devil in the pale moon light, I have watched "cop rock", but until today......I have never seen....FLASH!

WillKempsgirl
HOW DARE YOU SAY WOLVERINE!

furious

pr1983
Originally posted by WillKempsgirl
HOW DARE YOU SAY WOLVERINE!

furious

moi?

Ignite
i dont like the hulk...
hes just...eh

King Burger
Dark Phoenix is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay tooooo powerful summoner

Maybe.

But the Phoenix is a Cosmic Entity, it makes sense that it/she
is extremely powerful compared to earth's super-beings.

long pig
bump

OB1-adobe
I hate disney for not releasing the Marvel Cartoons from the 90's, as well as many others, and hording it for themselves.

roughrider
I've never understood Gambit's appeal, and I don't like his powers or skills.
I would have voted for both him & Jubilee, but only one vote, alas...

endrict
Why hate a Comic book charater? 1. it's a over used word and the lack of true meaning 2. a Comics charater is not real.

I can't stand Logan over the last 4 years and the Flash.

spidey-dude
i hate mostly the chineese brat jubilee and hawkgirl. she looks like some hooker off of springer.

jasonk3
Cyclops

I'll post my reasons later

Bicnarok

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.