Captain America v Cyclops (Kinda)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Victor Von Doom
Can't believe someone created this as a real thread just before I wanted to, anyway:

Who is lamer?

Relevant factors you may like to consider:

-Generic nature of character;

-Predictability;

-W factor. (Weenie)

DarkCrawler
Captain America.

Linkalicious
I don't know...."Scott" is a pretty big flamer.

Sure he's got Jean...but Jean wouldn't go wandering towards Logan if Scott got it done in bed.

Generic Nature of Character: 8/10

Predictability: 7:10

W. Factor: 10/10

Draco69
I think that Grant Morrison made Cyclops a MUCH more interesting character. The previous writers really typecasted him.

DarkCrawler
He once broke an student's nose with his blast.

Draco69
Yeah he did. He also broke a student's leg with a blast too. Grant Morrison really improved him.

Zahit
I actually like them both.

Victor Von Doom
For me it's Cyclops. He embodies generic lameness for me. It's clearly meant to be that way as well: not sure he should be rescued.

pr1983
right... bashing two characters... wonderful...

'lame' is a matter of opinion...

Alpha Centauri
Well I do see what Vic is saying.

Captain America was created to raise spirits. Not ghosts, other kind.

-AC

eleveninches
Cap A is SO LAME!!!
Ultimate cap is much cooler. Golden age cap is the lamest

Arachnoidfreak
I..can't...choose!

They're both such horribly crappy characters!

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by pr1983
right... bashing two characters... wonderful...

'lame' is a matter of opinion...

Haha. Was waiting for ye.

It is opinion. Cyclops is actually an intended weenie though. Let's be fair.

pr1983
Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
Haha. Was waiting for ye.

It is opinion. Cyclops is actually an intended weenie though. Let's be fair.

how is he a weenie? cos he has a bit of restraint? because he doesn't go rushing into every fight?

Victor Von Doom
No, he just is one, man. He's actually written as one. It's not all perceived opinion, as the man isn't real. His character is obviously intentional.

Put up a valid defence: wouldn't mind seeing it debated.

pr1983
Do you mean physically or mentally?

Victor Von Doom
Not physically, although I wouldn't say 'mentally'. More personality/disposition/outlook etc.

pr1983
i disagree... the guys been through some hell in his life... just because he bottles it up doesn't make him weak... his power has such an afffect on him that he has to be careful... he's just being responsible... somebody has to...

Zahit
where's the love, man.....where's the love.........

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by pr1983
i disagree... the guys been through some hell in his life... just because he bottles it up doesn't make him weak... his power has such an afffect on him that he has to be careful... he's just being responsible... somebody has to...

Seems no-one is going out to bat for Cap.

pr1983
i don't like cap for the whole patriot thing... and his line in the ultimates pissed me off so much...

*points at A on his head* "what do you think this stands for? France?"

Victor Von Doom
No way. He said that?

pr1983
he did... i have the comic... he's putting the hurt on some alien guy and is standing over him... i'll try and find the pic...

pr1983
apologies for the double post

cap is losing to this uber powerful alien guy and the guy says to him "why don't you surrender captain?"

cap goes apeshit and starts hitting him over and over with the shield screaming "surrender? surrender?"

and then the pic...

Victor Von Doom
Wow.

Maybe he should have an 'N' on there, or just a good old swastika.

pr1983
Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
Wow.

Maybe he should have an 'N' on there, or just a good old swastika.

i don't like the way he's written or represented... he's a great leader and soldier... but seriously... he needs a change imo...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.