Ultron vs. JLA

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Draco69
The Avengers almost lost against Ultron when they fought. Is the JLA mighty enough to beat the adamantium robot from hell?

Line Up:

Superman
Batman
Wonder Woman
Green Lantern
Martian Manhunter
Aquaman
The Flash
Green Arrow

DarkCrawler
Jla wins.

Mainstream
with the mighty Aquaman in the JLA lineup how could they lose!

Scoobless
Green Lantern could take him solo.......... just fire a beam inside and expand it crushing his circuits or something....... the guys with physical attacks can help by distracting him, mental powers are useless here

Wynndar
yea until Ultron starts disintigrating people...JLA wins but about half those guys die in the process.

Draco69
Disintigrating? I didn't know Ultron had a disinteration ray. Why didn't he just use it on the Avengers? It would be a hell of lot effective than the echepalo beam of his.

Scoobless
i don't think he still has the disintegrator...... that was an older Ultron model that Doom had upgraded during secret wars

although i have reconsidered........ Wonderman managed (while extremely pissed off) to throw and smash Ultron around enough to damage his internal components and shut him down, so unless he's made more upgrades (which he almost certainly has) then Superman could do the same

eleveninches
Avengers beat ultron, so JLA could also

Scoobless
but Pym designed and built Ultron, so they had inside info on him..... the JLA know nothing about him

If he showed up with an army of Ultrons as he did in Avengers i doubt the JLA could take them

Draco69
Army of Ultrons? Sure they could take them. Captain America managed to destroy several of them with his photonic shield.

Scoobless
those were the lower grade metal ones....... there were still quite a few adamantium ones that are a lot harder to deal with

Draco69
A few adamantium Ultrons isn't going to change the tide. The SECONDARY adamantium Ultron was destroyed by Thor. The combined assault of Superman and WW would shatter them. Especially with the Flash enhancing their speed to lightspeed. The adamantium ones could easily be disposed by GL.

Scoobless
Thor destroyed that one with a lot of effort and that's because he knew how tough adamantium was..... the JLA don't have experience with adamantium and would likely assume (at first) that they were just steel or some other metal and not go all out...... a few leaguers would definitely die in this

Draco69
Green Arrow might die. However, the JLA usually always scans their opponents before they rush into battle. Namely Superman's x-ray vision or GL's ring. They'd know something is different with their metal composition and that it is much tougher than any metal they have encountered.

Scoobless
it's not a question of THEM rushing into battle, what if the Ultron's attacked them directly........ no time for analysis

Draco69
Of course there's time for analysis. Superman's x-ray vision can be done in a millisecond. GL's supercomputer in the ring can do it in faster. They'd know that something is not quite right with the metal. Especially when GL and Superman report their findings via telepathic link.

Scoobless
they can only report if they are alive and conscious

Draco69
You're suggesting that Ultron will take out Superman or Green Lantern within a millisecond? Not likely.

Scoobless
i never suggested that........... your "millisecond" theory is about Superman's reaction time, GL's may be faster once he initialises the scan but his human reaction time is way below Superman's..... the Ultron's don't have to react that quickly as they are the ones acting. Once their attack is planned they can execute it with perfect timing and could possibly take GL out before he knows what's going on.......... obviously superman won't be easy to take down but enough hits from disintegrators and other powerful weapons will take down MM and Aquaman to severe any psychic links
Superman can be held off with the good old hostage scenario if necessary........ there were hundreds of Ultron's built, they can beat the JLA

Draco69
First of there were hundreds of titanium and secondary Ultron's built. GL would not be taken down since his ring's forcefield's protect him. The JLA won't just stand still. They're going to be defensive and offensive despite their opponent's supposed lack of threat. GL will be protecting his teammates from any disinergrator rays or powerful weapons they may be emmiting. How can the Ultron's "plan" to take out GL when this battle is spontaneous? MM can turn invisible and intangible. Not to mention he has near-Superman invulnerablity. It would take a lot of effort from the Ultron's take him out. GL would just cage them with his ring, then the JLA would procede to beat the rust out of them. The Ultrons would lose.

Draco69
How the heck did a "hundred Ultron robots" get in this thread anyway? I said ONE adamantium Ultron.

Scoobless
spontaneous? why would the Ultron's be involved if they weren't planning it? it's not like they would just bump into the league whilst out buying groceries
i've seen kyle taken down before through lack of concentration with less powerful foes than Ultron so i would say he (or they) could do it, especially if kyle had no warning...... and MM..... let's say 30 Ultrons simultaneously hit him with disintegrators.... he would at the very least be knocked out, probably killed......... same with Superman

Scoobless
Originally posted by Draco69
How the heck did a "hundred Ultron robots" get in this thread anyway? I said ONE adamantium Ultron.

actually you never specified any number of Ultron's you said.......

The Avengers almost lost against Ultron when they fought. Is the JLA mighty enough to beat the adamantium robot from hell?

Line Up:

Superman
Batman
Wonder Woman
Green Lantern
Martian Manhunter
Aquaman
The Flash
Green Arrow

"The" adamantium robot......... Ultron hasn't been a single robot from his first appearance (almost) Ultron 1 was a pile of crap it's Ultron 6 and 7 that give the avengers real trouble and if the JLA get their resources then why not Ultron? it's not like you would put Batman in without his gadgets, or GL without his ring

whobdamandog
Draco you are the biggest JLA fanboy I have ever seen...I' don't think you've once posted a vs thread that does not in some way fall in the JLA's favor....

whobdamandog
I'm sorry...errrhemm...What I meant to say was "JLA/DC" fanboy..and by the way...Nightcrawler will win in a battle against Batman...BWAHAHAHAHAHA...errhem..HAHAHA

Scoobless
um......... what does nightcrawler have to do with this thread?

Draco69
Originally posted by whobdamandog
Draco you are the biggest JLA fanboy I have ever seen...I' don't think you've once posted a vs thread that does not in some way fall in the JLA's favor....

??? You haven't been here for weeks. Most of my posts are debatable. This actually my 3rd JLA thread. Don't judge.

Draco69
Originally posted by whobdamandog
I'm sorry...errrhemm...What I meant to say was "JLA/DC" fanboy..and by the way...Nightcrawler will win in a battle against Batman...BWAHAHAHAHAHA...errhem..HAHAHA

I'm quite impartial. I read more Marvel comics than DC comics (mostly X-Men except of course for Claramont whose writing has degenerated to absolute crap) The majority of the people in this thread are Marvel fanboys. The crown for the ultimate "DC fanboy" goes to eleveninches without a doubt.

Draco69
Originally posted by Scoobless
um......... what does nightcrawler have to do with this thread?

Ditto

Draco69
actually you never specified any number of Ultron's you said.......

"The" adamantium robot......... Ultron hasn't been a single robot from his first appearance (almost) Ultron 1 was a pile of crap it's Ultron 6 and 7 that give the avengers real trouble and if the JLA get their resources then why not Ultron? it's not like you would put Batman in without his gadgets, or GL without his ring

I meant the Ultron from the most recent appearance. The Avengers almost got their asses handed to them if it weren't for Justice's (actually do something worthwhile for once) timely arrival with the vibranium.

Scoobless
I meant the Ultron from the most recent appearance. The Avengers almost got their asses handed to them if it weren't for Justice's (actually do something worthwhile for once) timely arrival with the vibranium.

but that Ultron only did so well in the first place due to his army

as for Justice........ i used to like the guy when he was in New Warriors, then he showed up in Venom (secondary story) to help out the guy from the Jury, He also showed up in that "Hybrid" story about the five (i think it was five) symbiotes that joined together then joined with a guardsman .............. whatever happened to Hybrid? he had potential

Draco69
spontaneous? why would the Ultron's be involved if they weren't planning it? it's not like they would just bump into the league whilst out buying groceries
i've seen kyle taken down before through lack of concentration with less powerful foes than Ultron so i would say he (or they) could do it, especially if kyle had no warning...... and MM..... let's say 30 Ultrons simultaneously hit him with disintegrators.... he would at the very least be knocked out, probably killed......... same with Superman

By spontaneous, I mean out of the blue battle. And how can Ultron plan for a superteam that doesn't even exist in 'his' world?

Kyle's concentration is considerably less than his predecessor however it's certainly up to task to a foe(s) that attacks one-dimensionally. His forcefields can certainly withstand anything the Ultrons throw at him.

MM can turn intangible and invisible. And MM certainly would recognize the energy signature of a disintegrater ray. He wouldn't just stand there and take it like an idiot. Superman wouldn't either. The Flash could take the majority of them out by himself by overloading their circuits with Speed Force energy or simply by vibrating through them.

Draco69
but that Ultron only did so well in the first place due to his army

as for Justice........ i used to like the guy when he was in New Warriors, then he showed up in Venom (secondary story) to help out the guy from the Jury, He also showed up in that "Hybrid" story about the five (i think it was five) symbiotes that joined together then joined with a guardsman .............. whatever happened to Hybrid? he had potential

In the end, Ultron took on the entire Avengers team by himself. They were at the brink of losing. Wanda's hexbolts couldn't do anything since he had protections against it. Justice saved their asses.

I liked Justice as a New Warrior but certainly not as an Avenger. He was whiny, headstrong and overenthusiastic in battle and out of it. His personality was drastically altered. Yes Hybrid had potential. He'll be back.

I wonder if they will remake New Warriors. They were Marvel's Teen Titans.

Scoobless
By spontaneous, I mean out of the blue battle. And how can Ultron plan for a superteam that doesn't even exist in 'his' world?

but in keeping with Ultron's personality he wouldn't just attack a random team, he may want to but he isn't stupid and would do recon, everytime Ultron has attacked he has taken the time to plan it first

as for the other ideas

Kyle's concentration is considerably less than his predecessor however it's certainly up to task to a foe(s) that attacks one-dimensionally. His forcefields can certainly withstand anything the Ultrons throw at him.

MM can turn intangible and invisible. And MM certainly would recognize the energy signature of a disintegrater ray. He wouldn't just stand there and take it like an idiot. Superman wouldn't either. The Flash could take the majority of them out by himself by overloading their circuits with Speed Force energy or simply by vibrating through them.

MM wouldn't get a chance to recognise energy signatures unless they had been used, and with Ultron doing a synchronised sneak attack on every leaguer at once, he wouldn't get the chance to see it first..... same goes for Superman and GL......... one or two might survive the initial attack but they'd have their work cut out for them from then on

gogogadgetgo
bump

Lord Feron
JLA win some may die.

TricksterPriest
JLA stomp. And no one dies. Ultron is severely outgunned here. In fact, I have yet to see a single version of Ultron that could stop the JLA.

Nihilist
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
JLA stomp. And no one dies. Ultron is severely outgunned here. In fact, I have yet to see a single version of Ultron that could stop the JLA. Phalanx Ulton would give them a decent fight imo.

It took a fair effort to beat him.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.