Radiohed (anyone yet!!)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

blalocklover
Well quite weird that this wasn't started before.

Ok computer is the best one from them.
The Bends is a must (Iron lung, the bends, street spirit)

Live presentations at MTV are great too (and i suposse they are even greater in a real show)

Karma Police, Paranoid android....

Afro Cheese
I just recently got into them.. like a month or two ago. I quite like em so far but they're still a new band to me.. I had always heard the name and even heard their songs a couple times but never got into them until I bought Ok Computer.

And there was a Radiohead thread started before, I know I posted on one a while ago.

Victor Von Doom
I like the albums in reverse chronological order, except with Kid A tied with Hail to the Thief in first.

Dr. Strangelove
I'm kinda where Afro was a few months ago. I've heard the name and a couple of songs but haven't bought any of their CD's yet. I hope to try their stuff out pretty soon.

Alpha Centauri
They get better with every album, something not many bands can ever claim. Certainly not in as great leaps as Radiohead.

-AC

SimplePlanChica
isnt it RadioHEAD! with an A

they are a one hit wonder...

Alpha Centauri
Hahaha, one hit wonder.

Regarded as one of the best bands ever with 6 groundbreaking albums to their name.

Shut up. I see what you're trying to do and it's just backfiring. You think that by invading the GOOD band threads, you'll have the effect I have on the Simple Plan thread? No, you won't. Because everyone knows your bands are faeces and if you keep this up you'll be banned before I do.

-AC

SimplePlanChica
in America they are one hit wonders...Creep ... never heard from them again.

Alpha Centauri
Really, coz they're regarded as one of the best bands there just as much as any other place.

Try again.

-AC

SimplePlanChica
you dont know... you didnt hear them in America.. they are a one hit wonder..just like Oasis and Coldplay

Alpha Centauri
I do know.

So I guess that means you have to now think of something else to say.

-AC

SimplePlanChica
you dont know... brits always think they everything that is going on in the states. so typical

Alpha Centauri
How do you know what Brits always think Ms.America?

Yeah, shut up.

-AC

ZoooMbEE
I hope Alpha gets banned like those two idiots in the celebs forum Morning Glory and Killthelight

I hate people who think they're better then everyone else

Alpha Centauri
The thing is, I won't get banned because the mods know who takes offense and kicks this shit off. I don't litter the forum with crap threads or crap comments, you do.

-AC

ZoooMbEE
no your the one trashing threads and it's pretty clear that you are as well. Just leave us alone we can have a FRIGGEN opinion as well.

Alpha Centauri
I'm just saying I think the bands are shit, I'm entitled to. I'm doing NOTHING wrong. You're the one having a fit about it smile.

-AC

SimplePlanChica
we can have freedom in the forum...
there doesnt just have to be Metallica & radiohead threads...

there can be diversity

hate closeminded people

Alpha Centauri
Good, I'm not saying there CAN'T be Simple Plan threads. As long as you talk about the music, I'm fine with it. In creating these threads you have to accept that we hate shit bands, so we'll say it.

-AC

ZoooMbEE
yeah we dont need to hear everytime someone says they like that music.We heard you the 1st time get over your self your opinions mean nothing to us.

now back to radiohead please.

Yeah my brother likes that song Karma police it's actually pretty cool.But i havent really heard anything else kind of sleepy music really.

Alpha Centauri
Well if my opinion means nothing to you then it shouldn't matter if I say them or not.

End.

-AC

furryman
Love 'em.. already a thread

Smasandian
Radiohead is the cream of the crop when it comes down to who produces the best music.

Simple plan people, they're not one hit wonders. They have hits like, Just, Fake Plastic Trees, High and Dry, Paranoid Android, Karma Police, There-There.
Its true, they dont have megahits like some rappers do, or some pop stars but its the content that counts.
Rolling Stone magazine has 3 of thier albums in the top 500 albums of all time at 110, 162 and 428. They also have 2 songs in the top 500 Paranoid Android and Fake Plastic Trees at 256 and 372.
Theyre record sales are in the area of 1.3 to 1.9 million. These are big record sales and considering Radiohead is an advocate for file-sharing, its still a big number.
They have an underground fanbase and an consumer fanbase. They have also kept true to themselves and havnt sold out like countless others. They're arguable the most innovating and amazing band out there. Each sound in each record and each song go amazingly well with each other sound. They create amazing melodies and Yorke's voice is an melody of itself. Also, they're one of the most influential bands for upcoming muscians.

And lastly, Im Canadian and I feel that the UK kicks North American ass when it comes to movies, fashion and music.

Victor Von Doom
Movies is stretching it. Saying that, all of them are.

Size wise, maybe.

Afro Cheese
Originally posted by SimplePlanChica
in America they are one hit wonders...Creep ... never heard from them again. I live in America, that's a load of crap. Maybe you never heard from them since because all your favorite music is played on MTV.

blalocklover
Sorry Simple man, bad taste and a trolling doesn't go for me. You pissed at least 2 thread (in 24 hours) with your silly comments. Check my profile at the left ,grab a map and you would understand that taste doesn`t belong to USA or any country. Smasandian say all Simple man needed.

Smasandian
Well, alot of English films are critically good while alot of American are crap.
There is also alot of American film which is excellent.
So I retract the statement about movies. Everybody is equal.
Except in dramatic roles, English actors are considered some of the best.

Victor Von Doom
Yeah I guess.

Over here we basically see English movies as cheap and crappy.

MF D00m
Love Radiohead. OK computer is a great great album, but I've enjoyed all the albums I've heard from them.

Cid
Love Radiohead as well. Anyone heard or seen them live?

Morning_Glory
no...does Radiohead actually tour America!

do any brit bands actually tour America....why doesnt Oasis come to America... ugh!

MildPossession
I absolutely adore Radioheads' music, only started listening to them loads last year, but now have all the main albums and love their music so much.

Last time I heard, they were quite well known in America, and not 'one hit wonders'.

Dr. Strangelove
Originally posted by SimplePlanChica
in America they are one hit wonders...Creep ... never heard from them again.

Even if Radiohead were one hit wonder in the U.S. that doesn't mean a thing. What does mean something is they make damn good music which no matter how long Simple Plan or Ashlee Simpson stay in the limelight, they can never ever attest to that.

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by MildPossession
I absolutely adore Radioheads' music, only started listening to them loads last year, but now have all the main albums and love their music so much.

Main albums?

Alpha Centauri
Dimebag Darrell (R.I.P) said it best.

Look at all the great bands. Half of them are ugly mofo's but they're around longer than any Pop artists.

The Cure, for example. A career spanning almost two decades, maybe more. For that ONE band there have easily been a thousand plus Pop acts.

-AC

Wolf Dog
I love that chill that you get when you listen to Radiohead.
You know when they release all the energy after the bridge like in "2+2=5" or "Exit Music for A Film"
I love the moments they create.

Smasandian
I love Exit Music. The intro is breathtaking.

AC, Its true. The Rolling Stone's have been around for decades, and they're ****ing ugly.

Cid
Yeah. Exit Music's a great song. My favourite is Idiotique then Karma Police.

MildPossession
Main albums yes, all the albums except the special edition ones, Japanese versions etc.

Victor Von Doom
Oh. Odd phrasing. See what you mean now though.

blalocklover

Cid
i've seen no surprises and it's strange. i also saw one from Kid A and that was weirder.

Smasandian
Wierder is sometimes good.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.