stupid ass wristbands

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Renio
you know what i hate... when fat people tuck in there shirt sick ... i mean i hate that all these kids at my school wear these gay wrist bands that say live strong and share beuty spread hope and lebron and all that other stuff

whos with me?!

live strong is a wrist that supports teticular cancer
share beuty spread hope is for breast cancer

the best thing to wear on wrist are... rubberbands

whats urs?

WindDancer
I occasionally wear a wristband promoting good causes. I don't see why would that bother you. no expression

Lemonade Whiz
I like to wear watches.

Sorry.

Velcro_Boy
i dont have a problem with those wristbands.

Elektra_lover
I wear a Livestrong. Your a wate of life if your against these kind of braclets.

ResEvil_4ever
Same I hate it when people wear those wristbands

Deano
it dont bother me..each to there own

Lemonade Whiz
I said I wore watches, but that's not the only thing I wear.

currently my ROTC group is doing a Relay for Life thing to help out people with all different types of cancer and palpitating causes.

They gave us purple wristbands to wear, and to be honest with you these things are wonderful accessories to wear and they serve as a symbolic message of pride for what we are to doing to cancer-laiden victims.

There is nothin wrong with purple, too for flamers out there who nag on more feminine colors.

TX!
i dont see a problem with those either plus i wear them too in school

SlipknoT
I only wear spiked bracelts

Renio
all the way slipknot

TX!
i wear the good cause bracelet or usually a gold or silver bracelet

Renio
im all with saving the testicles and boobs but those wristbands are dumb

and they look like plastic ...ewww

jaden101
im all for the wrist bands...im all against the greedy pigs that sell them on ebay for a 2000% mark up

ResEvil_4ever
Originally posted by Renio
im all with saving the testicles and boobs but those wristbands are dumb

and they look like plastic ...ewww

that's how i feel

shangheid
I am wearing a livestrong (I forgot I had it on)

SlipknoT
I think they look like shit but hey.....

Corran
These wristbands show your support for the charity/cause you have bought them from so I think it's a good idea - numerous people last year used to ask me what the livestrong band was, it's amazing how many people do not know who Lance Armstrong is or what he is doing for with the LAF, wearing these bands gets people asking about them and then they can become aware of the charities and may well donate.

misha
you know what i hate... when fat people tuck in there shirt sick ... i mean i hate that all these kids at my school wear these gay wrist bands that say live strong and share beuty spread hope and lebron and all that other stuff

whos with me?!

live strong is a wrist that supports teticular cancer
share beuty spread hope is for breast cancer

the best thing to wear on wrist are... rubberbands

whats urs?

i dont know what wristbands youre talking about

but i dont agree with the fat people tucking in their shirts .. they should be allowed to do whatever skinny people are erm

BullitNutz
I made one for myself that says "BULLITNUTZ" on it. Can't go wrong there.

Yes, it's rubber, about half an inch wide, and it's just moulded rubber. One color (green)

jaden101
for those who dont know what they are

lance armstrong is a cyclist who recovered from testicular cancer and then won the tour de France for a 4th time

the bands are to raise money for cancer the lance armstrong foundation...a charity to help combat cancer

http://www.computerblondie.nl/images/livestrong.jpg

you now also get the racsim in football..."stand up speak up" bands

http://groovy-mom.com/groovy/old/groovyimg/standupspeakup.jpg

Storm
I doubt the charity motives behind buying the Livestrong wristbands of some people. It bothers me when their only motive to buy them is because they are "in" and "trendy" and use it as a fashion accessory beyond their original purpose.

jaden101
Originally posted by Storm
I doubt the charity motives behind buying the Livestrong wristbands of some people. It bothers me when their only motive to buy them is because they are "in" and "trendy" and use it as a fashion accessory beyond their original purpose.

it bothers me more that people try to sell them for more than the $1 they are supposed to be...profiteering of the back of a charity...thats gotta be one of the lowest things a person can do

Storm
Not to mention the falsified wristbands.

The Tired Hiker

But that's the market they knew they were after. Tricking people into donating money is sweet! evil face

jaden101
Not to mention the falsified wristbands.

yeah i know what you mean...i saw a web site selling loads of different types including ones they made up themselves (a support our troops muli coloured one for instance)...

totally disgusting people

Renio
really i asked this one kid that was wearing one how much they cost and he said like 5 dollors each

jaden101
definitely meant to be $1 each...although you can only buy a minimum of 10 at a time from the official site...

Corran
I doubt the charity motives behind buying the Livestrong wristbands of some people. It bothers me when their only motive to buy them is because they are "in" and "trendy" and use it as a fashion accessory beyond their original purpose. The fact that they are trendy is useful to the charities - thanks to the stars and sports people that wear them they are becoming more popular and so people are buying them. Admittedly you do have to buy a minumum of 10 but that's like $10 to the charities, I bought 20 and gave them to some family members, still have a few left. I will not be doing what some people do and sell them on for profit.

Corran
really i asked this one kid that was wearing one how much they cost and he said like 5 dollors each iF YOU BUY THEM ON EBAY of the scandakous profit making sharks.

Corran
Not to mention the falsified wristbands. If you want the real ones buy them from http://www.laf.org/

Jackie Malfoy
Originally posted by WindDancer
I occasionally wear a wristband promoting good causes. I don't see why would that bother you. no expression

It does not brother me.I don't have one but it is for a good cause never the less.JMgun_owned_h4h

jaden101
Originally posted by Corran
The fact that they are trendy is useful to the charities - thanks to the stars and sports people that wear them they are becoming more popular and so people are buying them. Admittedly you do have to buy a minumum of 10 but that's like $10 to the charities, I bought 20 and gave them to some family members, still have a few left. I will not be doing what some people do and sell them on for profit.

if you fancy sending one my way i'll be more than happy to have one wink

dragonpisces272
doesnt really bother me if they have those kinda stuff...but if its for trends, and everyone buys them, then that just disgusts me

Filth
Those wrist bands so piss me of and the stupid tossers who were them are genraly preps (no offence to anyone who ware them but where i live only preps ware them)

dragonpisces272
they have those bands here, but it doesnt say anything like "livestrong"...it says "nike"...now how gay is that. just because it says nike, everyones gettin them, because they think they will move up in the social status ladder

Corran
Originally posted by jaden101
if you fancy sending one my way i'll be more than happy to have one wink I'll throw it North, see if you can catch it.

nitro-swicked
laughing

Gisele
I love those bands

dragonpisces272
well...everyone has their own opinion...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.