Holocaust Discussion

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Renio
i can not explain how sad the holcaust was for the whole world except for those damn nazis but for all those people that died all those INNOCENT JEWS that died i just cant belive some one could be that cruel to a certain race of people

this thread is not funny and will not tolerate any funny coments

King Burger
A rabbi and a Priest walk into a bar...
Just kidding.

This wasn't the first time people enaged in mass killing however,
though the impersonal, "mechanical" way it was done makes it
seem more terrible than, say, the some 7 million Ukrainians who
were killed by Stalin's artificially-made famine of the mid-late
1930's.

finti
I drank their drinks though

Wonderman
A murder doesn't have to murder. He does it because he enjoys doing it. It is quite possible for a murder to live in society for his whole life without ever engageing, Even in the behavior, of murder.
Fortunatly, for better places than this, it all ends with us.
So what if we all die. At least the horror of what goes on with this world ends with us. I feel that is justice well served.

Don't let the murderers scar you into not loveing a little while your here. What's the worst they can do...kill you.

DCLXVI
What the f**k?
The Holocaust was one of the worst things to happen to an Human ethnic-group, but we must remember that many others died in the Holocaust as well, and not only those of the Jewish faith: Homosexuals; Communists; Slavs; Gypsies; etc., etc.
I personally....died a little inside when I think about the Holocaust, and how one group of people could commit such an act of genocide.....

eleveninches
Dont forget that thing like the hlocaust happenned throughout human history. The WW2 holocaust was remembered because it happenned quite recently, and was on a larger scale than any previous ethnic cleansing, but it's not the first time that a nation has decided to try to wipe out a cultural group of people

PVS
you KNOW this thread wont end well, right?

yerssot

Clovie
i'm sure it has been discussed before confused

@ yerss ... they didn't know what? (this german sentence confused )

yerssot
definitly not all, only the 'high society' of officers, those working at the camps and perhaps those that did trainduty, but not many more ... if memory serves

Clovie
that's truth... but i'm still wondering they how could they not notice what is happening

yerssot
how many people were actually PRESENT at those camps? those people fighting at the east-border against russia? those in africa? those that tried to conquer brittain? they were no where near the camps at all, not to mention that actually most camps were workingcamps, where people had to work but did not get gassed/shot.
so even if someone knew that (i.e.) Auswitz existed, it didn't necessarily mean that the guy knew it was a gas-camp

Clovie
i don't know. i think some would notice thet their neigbours have dissapeared or something...

this not-knowing thing reminds me one storry our history teacher told
the train with jews from holland (i'm not sure) were travelling to one gas-camp\
and someone in the station asked them where are they going, and after hearig the name said it is death camp. and they said it not. they though they're going to some sanatorium, and they EVEN PAiD for tickets.

yerssot
yeah, to workcamps, many knew those existed

Clovie
but they didn't get to any work-camp.

big gay kirk
Most of the Jews believed, as did the German people, and most of the world in fact, that they were going to be resettled in a jewish homeland, where they would be away from decent germans and able to live a good Jewish life without prejudice and interference..... This was a popular idea, and the French, British and several other nations applauded it... also, don't forget that the Germans were not the only ones to place Jews in concentration camps.... the Vichy regime in France operated two camps, independently of german control... german soldiers in the area commented that the conditions there were "inhumane..." and remember the Jehovah's Witnesses.... given the choice between denying their religion and being sent to the camps, they went to the camps.....

big gay kirk
And a lot of the Jews, Gipsies, Witnesses et al did end up in work camps.... they were used as slave labour in German factories by people such as Schindler, who grew very rich by having an unpaid work force.... a lot of the goods used by Germany were made by camp inmates... the Nazi regime was pragmatic about this... the prisoners were worked till they died, and even after death they were useful, providing fat and bone ash for soap and candles, skin for lampshades and sinew for bindings... the bones also provided glue and were boiled down for gelatin... the hair was used for seat padding.... the Nazis definitely got their moneys worth....

eleveninches
Originally posted by Clovie
i don't know. i think some would notice thet their neigbours have dissapeared or something...

this not-knowing thing reminds me one storry our history teacher told
the train with jews from holland (i'm not sure) were travelling to one gas-camp\
and someone in the station asked them where are they going, and after hearig the name said it is death camp. and they said it not. they though they're going to some sanatorium, and they EVEN PAiD for tickets.
But yet, they all were strongly aware of the anti-semitic feeling in germany. People were encourages to tell anyone if their neighbours or family were jewish

Reckoning
While not attempting to limit the atrocity that was The Holocaust, and it has been stated that originally the Germans were just going to relocate the Jews as they were rounded up and gathered for the sole purpose of evacuation from the 'motherland', Germany, and it wasn't until the United States entered the war that Hitler and company finally decided to exterminate those in concentration camps. It is rather a stark embarassment to contemporary society today that one can speak of The Holocaust and immediately label 'pure evil' and all the consolations and heartache to ensue, when even today we see the very same ethnic cleansing, the very same division and segregation and inequality in today's world, and the very same police state which the Nazis were so famously depicted as being the best purveyors of. Even today, the Jewish state of Israel is committing cruel acts to innocent people just because of their race, even removing their homes, not recognising certain rights, and pushing the Palestinians to the brink of extinction with their illegal wall. It is quite ironic that the state in which to home those who had no homes on the aftermath of The Holocaust would give birth to another form of dehumanisation that were inflicted on their own ancestors.

I write this to only put it in context that if you want to grieve for those lives lost in The Holocaust, grieve also for those who are losing their lives now in the same form of brutal oppression that encounters people today.

room #99
Originally posted by Reckoning
While not attempting to limit the atrocity that was The Holocaust, and it has been stated that originally the Germans were just going to relocate the Jews as they were rounded up and gathered for the sole purpose of evacuation from the 'motherland', Germany, and it wasn't until the United States entered the war that Hitler and company finally decided to exterminate those in concentration camps. It is rather a stark embarassment to contemporary society today that one can speak of The Holocaust and immediately label 'pure evil' and all the consolations and heartache to ensue, when even today we see the very same ethnic cleansing, the very same division and segregation and inequality in today's world, and the very same police state which the Nazis were so famously depicted as being the best purveyors of. Even today, the Jewish state of Israel is committing cruel acts to innocent people just because of their race, even removing their homes, not recognising certain rights, and pushing the Palestinians to the brink of extinction with their illegal wall. It is quite ironic that the state in which to home those who had no homes on the aftermath of The Holocaust would give birth to another form of dehumanisation that were inflicted on their own ancestors.

I write this to only put it in context that if you want to grieve for those lives lost in The Holocaust, grieve also for those who are losing their lives now in the same form of brutal oppression that encounters people today.

I tottaly agree!!!

jaden101
excellent post reckoning...top stuff

while the holocaust was terrible in its scale...at one point 500,000 hungarians were killed in 2 months...and at the height of aushwitz "production" it was "processing" over 30,000 people a day

but even in the context of sheers numbers that died in all the concentration camps...it is only about 12% of all the people that died during WW2...90,000,000 people perished in the war...50,000,000 of which were Russians...

that is an unbeleivable number of people

since then we have had the same kind of ethnic destruction in cambodia,rwanda,bosnia, sierra leone and many other places around the world for reasons that all boils down to beliefs of race or religion that are completely false

finti
a little exaggeration of the truth with brink of extinction though the rest of your post was excellent

Capt_Fantastic
The holocaust was a terrible tragedy in the history of humanity. There is little doubt about that fact. But, like someone said, its the most remembered because it happened so recently. It isn't even the last time it's happened, since then. Things like this are happening in the world today. The Nazi holocaust is just remembered here with such animosity because it was something we fought against. It has little to do with the tragedy of human rights. Look at all the places these things are happening today, or in recent history. America did nothing to stop it.

It should also be remembered that it is hard to keep a cover on things like this. Especially in a modern country, like Germany was in the 1940s. It is true, that most Germans developed a resentment for jews during the Nazi regime. But it's also true that, at the start of it all, they thought the jews were simply being relocated. That was the political climate at the time. I have read accounts from German citizens who lived in towns near the camps. They recall how ash from the smokestacks would settle all over the town, like snow. And the smell of burning flesh would hang over the towns when the wind blew it in from the camps. At some point, it had to become apparent that the Nazis were killing the people they were sending to the camps. But, what could they do at that point? How easy could it have been to even accept the concept that their own government was burning people alive?

Spooony
Originally posted by Renio
i can not explain how sad the holcaust was for the whole world except for those damn nazis but for all those people that died all those INNOCENT JEWS that died i just cant belive some one could be that cruel to a certain race of people

this thread is not funny and will not tolerate any funny coments

yeah the holocaust was a terrible thing snd the people that iniciated the holocaust were evil and desirve to die a very painfull death, people can be extreamly evil and through history there has been a number of examples, Hitler, Stalin and even at this present time with people like Mugabe and Hussain, there is just no way of seeing how a certain person can be so cruel and evil...

Spooony
even america is seen as evil to many well the goverment at least, they wan't to get rid of comunists, heathens and people classed as "terrorists" even though there is no proof... so evil in some cases (not in the case of hitler) can be seen as evil to some but not others

room #99
the american government and army = terrorists

they put innocent people through fear and death. for fales reasons.

FeceMan
The Armenian Genocide.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.