Relate a KMC member to a Greece God or a important person

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JLred
Like it says....

Raz:Zeus
WindDancer:Neptune
Clovie:Hera

and......Rikku:Athena

SlipknoT
Slipknot: Zeus
Slipknot: Athena
Slipknot: Posiden

Deano
dont know any greek gods

Ronny
JLred: Doofy (scary movie)

JLred
here is pretty good website:
http://www.godchecker.com/pantheon/greek-mythology.php?_gods-list

SlipknoT
Originally posted by Ronny
JLred: Doofy (scary movie) Hi dumpsy! smile

Deano
raz- Hades.. god of the underworld

Lazerus
Myself:Charon ( the Boatman who carries the dead across the river styx in the underworld )

Spooony
Apollo

Jackie Malfoy
Spoonly Erio(the god who repects things as a punishment)jm

Clovie
Originally posted by JLred
Like it says....

Raz:Zeus
WindDancer:Neptune
Clovie:Hera

and......Rikku:Athena i don't like hera cry

taft
this is confusing me

Da Moose
I think I relate best to Pegasus. big grin

dragonpisces272
clovie:aphrodite big grin

Anna85
me> athena
JLred> poseidon(or neptune)
clovie>artemis
jackie>demetra
da moose> pegasus

Syren
lil bitchiness ~ Hera
Lana ~ Athena
Candy X ~ Aphrodite
Shellie ~ Rheia
Baylin ~ Apollo
The Tired Hiker ~ Dionysos
Raz ~ Zeus
Dave123 ~ Hermes
Clovie ~ Hecate
Filth ~ Hades
Da Moose ~ Atlas
Ush ~ Hyperion
Kosta ~ Himeros

Demarthl
god? bah i prefer people as they are, you can touch them then droolio

A4E
windancer: poseidon
clovie: hermes
raz: zeus
kes: aphrodite
A4E: apollo
milla: athena

Echuu
i wanna be achilles big grin

A4E
oh and the title is wrong is not "greece god" is "greek god"

Syren
Or 'Grecian God/Goddess' stick out tongue

Echuu
Originally posted by Demarthl
god? bah i prefer people as they are, you can touch them then droolio

laughing ill agree with that

A4E
(auto quote)

whatever ms. smartypants! stick out tongue

A4E
didnt work..

Syren
Why can't you touch a God? If I were a Goddess I'd blatantly ignore the 'hands free' rule. That's reserved for strip joints roll eyes (sarcastic) I doubt Olympia could be considered a strip club laughing

Demarthl
you ever see a mortal touch a god and live? usually gods dont appear as themselves to the mortals, they'd float around in the clouds all big n stuff etc. gods can touch mortals, but not vice versa wink

A4E
u are aware that gods dont exist right?? laughing out loud

A4E
kes: adolf hitler laughing out loud

Demarthl
biggest atheist going, doesnt mean they cant be in fiction etc. i resect others views, if they believe some bearded dude like gandalf will take them to a better place so be it happy

A4E
is there actually ppl in greece or in rome that still believe in aphrodite and hera, etc.? sorry for my ignorance Im just wondering

Syren
biggest atheist going, doesnt mean they cant be in fiction etc. i resect others views, if they believe some bearded dude like gandalf will take them to a better place so be it happy

Ahem, one of the biggest atheists going. I like that, respect for various cultures and individual beliefs is a good thing to have, empathy for different personal values is a necessity in my opinion happy

Syren
Originally posted by A4E
is there actually ppl in greece or in rome that still believe in aphrodite and hera, etc.? sorry for my ignorance Im just wondering

I would say definitely, based on the fact that Christians hold an unwavering belief in the Lord God, why shouldn't Greeks, or any other religious culture, believe just as powerfully in their mythological heritage?

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by Syren
lil bitchiness ~ Hera
Lana ~ Athena
Candy X ~ Aphrodite
Shellie ~ Rheia
Baylin ~ Apollo
Raz ~ Zeus
Dave123 ~ Hermes
Clovie ~ Hecate
Filth ~ Hades
Da Moose ~ Atlas
Ush ~ Hyperion
Kosta ~ Himeros

*bans all the girls Raz cheated on with* mad

Demarthl
Ahem, one of the biggest atheists going. I like that, respect for various cultures and individual beliefs is a good thing to have, empathy for different personal values is a necessity in my opinion happy
ahem, the biggest atheist happy

get me drunk and have a jehova nock on my door shoving his beleifs in my face, oooh i rant more then the bible!

A4E
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
*bans all the girls Raz cheated on with* mad

LMAO!! *watches milla doing that and laughs*

Syren
ahem, the biggest atheist happy

get me drunk and have a jehova nock on my door shoving his beleifs in my face, oooh i rant more then the bible!

I do apologise, but didn't you just say that appreciation for other cultures is a good thing? Just because you can down talk a person who has faith different to yours doesn't make you the number one atheist. That just makes you a bigot.

Demarthl
i didnt say thats what made me the biggest atheist ^^
i stated i am the biggest atheist
then went on rambling about angry kid things i do relating to religion

Syren
Oh, I understand. But you do have a leveled respect for other people and what they believe? True atheists have a direct empathy towards those individuals who feel differently, anyone who thinks their way of life is the only way are just insular and not worth speaking to.

Demarthl
tru dat. 19 to go ^^

Syren
19 to go? ARGH, I am being so dumb embarrasment embarrasment

Demarthl
19 religions left to cripple into mumbling fools....

uhm i meant posts till 2000

Syren
Well done you... I can't recall how many posts I'm on, lemme check happy

Syren
16232 posts and 131 threads big grin

Demarthl
last time i was on here i was counting to 1000, raven guardia opened the kmc starship thread in winter 2004 and i went awol until now, and noticed i have a lot more then 1000 big grin

Syren
It's madness, you forget how many you have and then when you check it's like BAM! Loadsa posts eek!

Demarthl
uhuu, hopefully i wont go awol this time, i missed being here and now i feel no one knows me :s

Syren
Well, if it's any consolation I am happy to say that I know you; I would describe you as entertaining, brash and honest, a rather winning combination big grin

Demarthl
if only i remembered what brash meant i'd feel honoured happy

Syren
Blunt, to the point, decidedly crass at inopportune moments big grin

Demarthl
i see ^^better to be brash rather then sly

Time Of Evil
if only i remembered what brash meant i'd feel honoured happy
1999 posts for you

Counting to the big 2000!!! Jumpy

Time Of Evil
2000! Jumpy

Demarthl
no expression

Time Of Evil
confused

Syren
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Demarthl
eek!

speiderman
Which God would I be?

speiderman
I was thinking maybe Hermes.

JLred
Hermes is alright........Scary Movie guy????cry

Oh yeah thanks Anna!!!!!!!
I think the ocean rocks but is a little scary...fear

Myth
God is a Myth. shifty

RaventheOnly
eek! how about the Roman God of bricks or mud stick out tongue

The Tired Hiker
lil bitchiness ~ Hera
Lana ~ Athena
Candy X ~ Aphrodite
Shellie ~ Rheia
Baylin ~ Apollo
Raz ~ Zeus
Dave123 ~ Hermes
Clovie ~ Hecate
Filth ~ Hades
Da Moose ~ Atlas
Ush ~ Hyperion
Kosta ~ Himeros

So, Dionysos was a stud, right? embarrasment

Myth
Look! I found a picture of Tired Hiker on the net!

The Tired Hiker
Originally posted by Myth
Look! I found a picture of Tired Hiker on the net!

Whoa! How did you find those pictures of me? eek!

Myth
The paparrazi. smile

The Tired Hiker
Damn my weener is sooooo curved in that one picture of me that the paparazzi took. erm

Hegemon875
Originally posted by Deano
raz- Hades.. god of the underworld

laughing agreed

Syren
Originally posted by The Tired Hiker
So, Dionysos was a stud, right? embarrasment

God of wine, mysteries, and the theatre.

Dionysos is an atypical Greek deity. While the Olympian gods are bright beings of sunlight, Dionysos is a creature of mystery, his very essence an enigma. His realm is shadowy, and his followers flirt with madness, drunkenness, and death. He is the patron deity of the Maenads (or Bacchantes), those wild women who roamed the lofty peaks shouting "evoi, evoi" and were said to tear living animals apart in their trance of divine possession. He is the god who brings wine, but also an intoxication that merges the drinker with the deity. And, perhaps most significantly, his connection with a certain type of cult activity, known as a "mystery", separates him from his fellow Olympians.

It is through these mystery cults, the secrets of which were so well guarded that we know but a few essential details, that we come into contact with a unique characteristic of Dionysos; for according to the legends of one the cults, the god himself dies. That a god should die seems an oxymoron - by definition, a deity is immortal. And yet some of his followers believed that he was slain, and then reborn. Something which is unthinkable in the case of other Greek deities. So the path to understanding Dionysos is divergent from the one that leads to knowledge of the rest of the Olympian gods. It is a road that includes many unexpected tangents and seemingly incomprehensible signs, but which, if travelled with an open mind, leads to a most fulfilling destination.

happy

A4E
I like Dyonisos a lot.. he's really kool... and TH is perfect for him laughing

Filth
Slipknot: Hades

A4E
btw kes u didnt add me to ure god list crybaby
meanie

BakaXero
im not a god...no expression

crybaby

Syren
Glenn, honey, I had no idea who you would be, I love you loads but I don't really know you sad

A4E
lol u don even know me enough to kno my name hun... its martin

big gay kirk
Originally posted by The Tired Hiker
Damn my weener is sooooo curved in that one picture of me that the paparazzi took. erm

You are........ BILL CLINTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!

big gay kirk
Big gay kirk= Eris.......

The Tired Hiker
God of wine, mysteries, and the theatre.

Dionysos is an atypical Greek deity. While the Olympian gods are bright beings of sunlight, Dionysos is a creature of mystery, his very essence an enigma. His realm is shadowy, and his followers flirt with madness, drunkenness, and death. He is the patron deity of the Maenads (or Bacchantes), those wild women who roamed the lofty peaks shouting "evoi, evoi" and were said to tear living animals apart in their trance of divine possession. He is the god who brings wine, but also an intoxication that merges the drinker with the deity. And, perhaps most significantly, his connection with a certain type of cult activity, known as a "mystery", separates him from his fellow Olympians.

It is through these mystery cults, the secrets of which were so well guarded that we know but a few essential details, that we come into contact with a unique characteristic of Dionysos; for according to the legends of one the cults, the god himself dies. That a god should die seems an oxymoron - by definition, a deity is immortal. And yet some of his followers believed that he was slain, and then reborn. Something which is unthinkable in the case of other Greek deities. So the path to understanding Dionysos is divergent from the one that leads to knowledge of the rest of the Olympian gods. It is a road that includes many unexpected tangents and seemingly incomprehensible signs, but which, if travelled with an open mind, leads to a most fulfilling destination.

happy

eek! Yeah, that totally sounds like me. Dionysos. Okay, I'll go with that. happy

So, do I have any num-chuck skills, or computer hacking skills? confused

BakaXero
no expression

FEDFAN316
Jackie Malfoy-athena
slipknot-hades(not a compliment)
Beast_Within-Mars
Puddin-venus(a.k.a. mrs mars)
shaggy2dope-cupid

Velcro_Boy
i am the king and you all are my loyal servents.

Demarthl
that must make me JEEEBUS!! rock
the re-evolved broken down purity of what once was, recreate fused and solidified into a human blending in with the mortals for the sole purpose to steal your panties and drool over the ladies naked bodies while they sleep

oh yeah

Jeebus 'loves' you wink

Deano
Originally posted by Hegemon875
laughing agreed

cool

SlipknoT
Originally posted by Filth
Slipknot: Hades happy evil

Ou Be Low hoo
Me = Poseidon

I make waves, shake the earth and speak like a horse - "Neigh!'.

Kharhmah
Myself - Artemis

Beast_Within
Me-Hades....i shall look after all who have died shifty

JLred
I wanna be Poseidon!!!!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.