60 dollars a month for internet?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Cosmic_Beings
I've been an internet user (broadband) for over 8 months now, and I've been paying $59.95 a month. Is anyone else paying this kind of money? Do you think I'm being taken advantage of? I live in Queens, if that would help. I need to know, I've been thinking about it lately.

SaTsuJiN
not if you're playin with applications that require high speed data transfer due to large file sizes (which can include anything from a pc game to a business program)

Cosmic_Beings
Dude, I just got regular broadband internet for 60 dollars a month. I want to know how much everyone else is paying to see if I'm being duped.

BullitNutz
It varies with the area you're in. Being that you're in Queens, I would imagine as in the NY variety, that's about right. It's a heavily-populated area, lots of users = expensive. Then again, it IS Queens. Perhaps you are just being ripped off. It's traditional to rip people off in NYC.

I hope you got DSL as opposed to Cable.

We have something equivalent to "OMG HOLY CRAP THAT'S FAST" in the apartments I live in, and it's included in my rent (US$445/mo)

Then again, this is College-Affiliated off-campus housing.

http://photobucket.com/albums/v131/freez3L/?action=view&current=bandwidthMMHMM.jpg

SaTsuJiN
I have cable.. pay 50/mo.

Originally posted by Cosmic_Beings
Dude, I just got regular broadband internet for 60 dollars a month. I want to know how much everyone else is paying to see if I'm being duped.

dude, I think you're over-reacting just a tad.. this is a friendly place

Cosmic_Beings
Dude, Satsujin, calm down. No need to get angry.

BullitNutz
:hands out chill pills:

manny321
i pay $21.50 a month for cable internet. Not the fastest but is much cheaper then slower dail up.

KidRock
i pay 40 i think for opt. online cable. it runs online games perfectly

Tex
I have SBCYahooDsl $29.99 per month 128k.
Although for some strange reason I'm getting 542k eek!

naughty

yerssot
yeah, it's their evil way to stop you visiting them stick out tongue

WindDancer
Mine is Free! I log from my work place. ninja

manny321
you don't have it at home??

WindDancer
Nope

Jackie Malfoy
That's insane.We don't even pay that much!JMcrazy

silver_tears
wow, 60 american for internet no expression

my parents pay for ours, it's like 40 canadian, and that's for 2 computers and 2 laptops droolio thank god for routers

manjaro
i have dial up and paying 19.00/mo

Spooony
i pay 28.50 a month for a transfer rate of 576kb/s not to shabby

Tptmanno1
Originally posted by manjaro
i have dial up and paying 19.00/mo
your getting screwed,
you could pay about teh same amount (depending on your location) and get DSL.

Royal Knight
I remember when I used to live in Glendale, My parents were paying 29.99 for a 1.5MB connection

here the landlord pays 19.99 per month for internet

JToTheP
We pay $50 a month, for 4 wires, parents, step-sister, and I use one for PC, and I use the other for my online Ps2 games. It's also split into our Comcast cable for the TV, so it's one payment.

The Tired Hiker
Originally posted by Tptmanno1
your getting screwed,
you could pay about teh same amount (depending on your location) and get DSL.

I pay about 20 bucks a month for dial up as well. DSL costs way more than dial up where I live. At work I have DSL that I don't pay for, so I usually check out movie trailers and stuff at work and not at home.

Royal Knight
Originally posted by JToTheP
We pay a month, for 4 wires, parents, step-sister, and I use one for PC, and I use the other for my online Ps2 games. It's also split into our Comcast cable for the TV, so it's one payment.

is it all shared??

meaning if they were all being used does it get slower

JToTheP
Originally posted by Royal Knight
is it all shared??

meaning if they were all being used does it get slower

No, there's no lag at all, the only lag during the online gaming, is if my fellow gamers have problems, then we all do.

Royal Knight
that is cool

Some ppl have to deal with bad lag times

JToTheP
I know, it happens with cable modem with wires, we switched to wireless and we're fine. We're also the only people around here I know of with cable modem, so that may be why we're fine too.

Royal Knight
that explains it

JToTheP
Seems like it, but Comcast is the fastest Cable Modem, 2nd is DSL, then the Yahoo one. Unless we're bill gates rich with T1. laughing out loud

Jedi Priestess
Originally posted by Tex
I have SBCYahooDsl $29.99 per month 128k.
Although for some strange reason I'm getting 542k eek!

naughty

HA TEX!! I have SBCYahoo DSL at that speed and Im only paying 19.99 a month! stick out tongue

*b!tch pose* diva always wanted to do that

When I moved last week, I said hey, how come I'm paying 29.99 and you are selling it for 19.99 now? And they gave me the lower rate locked in or a year. smile smile

JToTheP
Originally posted by Jedi Priestess
HA TEX!! I have SBCYahoo DSL at that speed and Im only paying 19.99 a month! stick out tongue

*b!tch pose* diva always wanted to do that

When I moved last week, I said hey, how come I'm paying 29.99 and you are selling it for 19.99 now? And they gave me the lower rate locked in or a year. smile smile

My internet still beats your's JP! stick out tongue evil face

Morning_Glory
I pay $86 a month for cable modem

but that includes basic cable too...

Jedi Priestess
Originally posted by JToTheP
My internet still beats your's JP! stick out tongue evil face

JP!!!!!!!!! smooch Long time no see baby!

Morning_Glory
^ that smilie cracks me up-- i dont know why no expression

Wolflet
i pay $60 a month no expression

Morning_Glory
I pay 86! and it is super fast so cable modem is worth it

dragonpisces272
i dont pay monthly, we get these internet card things...at 170 pesos for 60 hours, which is like, 3.5 dollars. but the connection speed is so-so

JToTheP
Originally posted by Jedi Priestess
JP!!!!!!!!! smooch Long time no see baby!

WAY to long! Damn my job! stick out tongue

Darth_Big_Boy
I pay $49.50 a month for DSL ( Kentucky ).

Mist
alright alright....you can all stop your bitching...
i pay $60 a month only for isdn - 128k connection! take that!
i cant get adsl, too far from exchange, so its isdn for me.

but its unlimited, and i can get a song in like 3mins, so cant complain....much....

Sun Ce

Mist
sad theres adsl 2 coming soon in my area....speeds of up to 8mb/s....and i am SOOOOOO getting it......

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.