eek!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Phoenix
As many of you may know, I have effronted many people ((including Ush and yersswink)) by never having watched Star Wars...

Well, I watched them all last night and on Sunday, and they are SO COOL! I am officially now a Star Wars obsessive! big grin

finti
late bloomer big grinbig grin

did you watch all 5 of them????????????????

finti
oh welcome to be intrigued of Star Wars by the way

yerssot
It took her long enough roll eyes (sarcastic)

Darth Jello
what versions?

Ushgarak
WOO-HOO!

But yeah, when you say all, do you mean all 5? And if so, in what order?

LordRevan
which is your favorite? smile

yerssot
ok ... guys, don't geek her off quite yet already stick out tongue

Phoenix
seen 4, 5 and half of 6, gonna finish watching 6 tonight, then start on 1 and 2

Phoenix
Han Solo is the coolest character, but followed VERY closely by Obi-Wan!

yerssot
oh great, you still have to see 6 messed

VengeanceGOD
Which is the best, despite what some stupid people say. wink

yerssot
majority, VG, majority stick out tongue

Trinity_Matrix
...you haven't seen Star Wars until now? messed Didn't think there was anyone left out there that hasn't seen Star Wars...

(I personally have seen all 5 of them at LEAST 10 times each, and my favorite by far is Empire Strikes Back yes )

yerssot
you know, saying you saw them 10 times is only impressive cause you're a girl, if you were a guy we would have laughed wink

Ushgarak
We shall see what Apprentice Phoe makes of the ROTJ testing ground...

VengeanceGOD
Just because I'm not in the majority doesn't mean I'm wrong. In fact, it means I'm right. wink

(j/k)

yerssot
it's proven that those who like ROTJ haven't seen the other ones stick out tongue

Corran
Woo-Hoo Phoe has seen the light.

Trinity_Matrix
Shut up, Yerss stick out tongue My estimate for at least 10 times was closer really to the number of times I've seen episode 2, 1 is somewhere around 15, and the original trilogy I think I've seen about 20-25 times (though I lost count after 15, so I'm not sure). Also, I didn't even see any of the Star Wars movies until I was 12 (6 years ago).

(And are girls that like Star Wars really that uncommon? Because in real life I know more girls who are Star Wars fans than guys...)

yerssot
erm, to my exerience... yes, it's uncommon
at first guess I would say on this forum, gundark, dim, julie and lyn are female sw fans ... and that's about it..; but I'm sure I missed out some messed

and 25 is still not impressive stick out tongue

Trinity_Matrix
Well, most of that 25 times was in about 2 years, since my copy of the original trilogy got lost when I moved four years ago and I still haven't gotten around to replacing it...and now I really want to watch Star Wars but I can't sad

And yeah you forgot some, me for one (though I haven't really posted in the SW forums at all yet, really)...but maybe I'll see if I can drag some of my friends from school here so there's more female SW fans laughing out loud

yerssot
sorry 'boot that, you apperently are a fan too big grin (I just know the other names cause they post here smile)

that's bad luck you got there... but in the states it should be simple to replace the tapes no? and you can buy the dvd's in september smile

Trinity_Matrix
Yep...and I'm thinking I'm just going to wait and buy the trilogy on DVD, instead of buying the tapes again and then going out and buying it on DVD a few months later yes And actually I'm not even sure if I'd be able to find a new copies of the tapes unless I searched online...

yerssot
it's not in a regular shop? djee, and I thought the States were the country were you could find SW stuff in every shop!
it's a hell here to get something messed

you think you can wait that long for the dvds?

Trinity_Matrix
I've had lots of trouble finding Star Wars stuff before...only time there's really lots of it around is right when one of the movies is coming out, otherwise it's not that easy to find. And yeah, I think I can wait until September, if I really want to watch it I'll just steal my friend's copy big grin

yerssot
as a star wars geek I'm forced to say that a jedi would never steal wink

Trinity_Matrix
Yeah, well, if I lived in the Star Wars universe, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be on the good side...wink

yerssot
thinking of changing your name to Lady Vader? wink

Trinity_Matrix
Not quite THAT evil, just enough to be able to cause some serious havoc laughing out loud

yerssot
you rebelscum roll eyes (sarcastic)

Trinity_Matrix
stick out tongue

Seriously, though, being a good guy would be no fun, you'd always have to worry about whether or not you're doing the right thing...but if you're a bad guy, who gives a damn? That's how I see it yes

yerssot
but ... but ... the jedi code! eek!
you should care about others, make the universe a better place!

Baylin
YAY for Phoe you've just taken the first steps into a much wider world!!

(This doesnt mean I'm going to go off and read all the HP books now though...)

Fallen Jedi
its about damn time! stick out tongue big grin

LordRevan
well being in the dark side could destroy you ultimately but being in the lite side could make you to nice and kind so i'll stay neutral and you could follow the jedi code but do the ways of the sith. Besides are you done watching the starwars films?

Phoenix
no, stupid coursework essays keeping me away from my videos... sad

Ushgarak
Right, that's it, burn her coursework!

(leads ravaging mob)

yerssot
actually, phoe, it's a good thing you won't see the ending wink

Trinity_Matrix
Ahh, don't you hate schoolwork? I sure do mad

LordRevan
what grade are you in Trin ? blink

VengeanceGOD
Speaking of codes:

You've got the Sith Code wrong there Revan. Its:

Peace is a lie, there is only passion
Through passion I gain strength
Through strength I gain power
Through power I gain victory
Through victory my chains are broken
The Force shall set me free.

LordRevan
well im as you may not relize right there are two sith codes the one i have and the one you speak of. Just don't know why there is confused

Lyn
Welcome to the obsessed club!! WOOHOO!! happy thumb up Happy Dance

I'm with you VG!! Jedi was a GREAT movie!! Happy Dance thumb up

We are pretty uncommon...I don't know any female SW fans except for my buddies here, on these forums.

That'd be great. happy

*Joins ravaging mob*

yerssot
you make it sound like you're an endangered species stick out tongue

Ushgarak
Reason there is more than one Sith code is simply because different people keep making these things up. There is no canonical outlying of the Jedi code anywhere, or a hint that a Sith one even existed.

(hands Lyn a torch)

Phoenix
I just got to the bit where you see Vader's real face

yerssot
starting to hate it already?

Phoenix
?

yerssot
the movie

Phoenix
no! why you say such things!?! blink

Trinity_Matrix
Me? Last year of high school.

And I'm all up for joining the mob and burning schoolwork...I actually made a point one year to toss all my school papers into our firepit in our yard and burn them evil face

I've personally gotta say that ROTJ was my least favorite of the original trilogy...but still better than the new ones.

VengeanceGOD
No canonical one, but Lucas came up with the Jedi Code, so I consider it somewhat official. The Sith Code I have comes from Knights of the Old Republic, where I believe that Lucas had at least some hand in the story.

yerssot
lets talk about the codes in another thread shall we? this one is to lure more females to star wars wink

-the rescue of han solo was a walk in the parc, they could have done more, a disappointing ending to a cliffhanger
-the endor team has the time to make some friends and have a little chat with the ewoks and still make it in time to blow up the shield (it would be in time if they didn't had the backup teams)
-a legion of palpatines best troops gets killed by little teddybears

should I continue? big grin

Ushgarak
It's only a slight distraction to clear up this thing abot the code...

Lucas came up with the IDEA of the Jedi code, any CONTENT of that code is completely un-canon. Especially as GL was actually envisaging a the Code as a set of rules, not a philosophical poem. Where in the 'code' presented there is the ban on a Master having more than one apprentice? That is the only canon thing we know is in it. That poem is not the code. As I said, there is no canonical outlaying of what the Jedi Code is, nor a hint that a Sith one even existed. These things are just being made up by individuals and repeated by others.

GL had no hand in KOTOR.

-

Anyway, yeah, as I have made clear enough by now, I think ROTJ suffers from severe plot failures caused by it suddenly becoming the end of a storyline which was meant to go on for three more episodes when ESB was written.

Phoenix
I'VE SEEN THEM ALL!

I'm happy big grin

yerssot
you're a weird girl, phoe messed... you fit in nicely wink

Trinity_Matrix
Heh, we're all strange here!

And the Ewoks bugged the hell out of me...they were TOO cute. Damn teddybears...

Kaleanae
I have only seen three of them no expression
1, 2, 3

Kaleanae
^ This is my second time that I post in the Star Wars forums :s

LordRevan
well been out of school since last year i did the same i burned all my past work and over due paper work smile

yerssot
funny, since 3 isn't out yet stick out tongue

well, trin ... it's good to see those ewoks are hated across the world wink

VengeanceGOD
I like the ewoks. smile

Trinity_Matrix
Dislike of ewoks is universal big grin

yerssot
actually, some weirdos like them eek!

Phoenix
I like ewoks!

Phoenix
and Jar-Jar! he's so cool!

"how wude!"

yerssot
wow phoe, you're not gonna be popular around here I think messed

Phoenix
blink

my brother hates Jar-Jar...

yerssot
most people here dislike jar jar and the ewoks wink

Phoenix
*points to self*

VengeanceGOD
I didn't mind Jar Jar, since I thought he served his purpose well. And the Ewoks were cool.

yerssot
look, another weirdo stick out tongue

Phoenix
*thwacks yerss with lightsaber*

Kaleanae
Yeah, very funny
But I'm talking about Star Wars,The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi

yerssot
that's 4;5 and 6 stick out tongue

you DO know that the shiny part will kill me!

Phoenix
okiday...

*thwacks yerss with lightsaber HANDLE*

Ushgarak
I think you will find a fair few females are ok with the Ewoks, yerss. Of course, TM is an exception, but then they exist; some guys like them as well...

yerssot
woops, didn't saw your reply phoe messed

see, much better big grin

will you join us in the debates now too?

Phoenix
yes

yerssot
great, up to the EpIII section you go smile

Trinity_Matrix
Heh...well, I'm the exception to a LOT of things laughing out loud

And Jar Jar was rather annoying, I thought...he was funny for five minutes and then it got old. Damn comic relief.

I have a lightsaber! From a few years ago when I decided to be a Jedi for Halloween...heehee...

Lyn
laughing I guess you could put it like that...

*grabs torch and sets papers on fire*

WOOHOO!! Happy Dance

I totally, 100% agree with you.

I really, really like her.
*joins in*

yerssot
hey! ow! that's no fun, lyn sad

*notices TM's reply*
*starts singing*
"Luke, be a Jedi tonight .... Luke be a jedi tonight...
Do it for Chuwie ... and for obi-wan
Luke be a jedi tonight!"

Phoenix
Happy Dance

Phoenix
anyways, back to topic... wink

Phoenix
me wants a lightsaber... shifty

yerssot
me too, but I won't hit people with the handle

Phoenix
would you rather I hit you with the electrum bit? big grin

Ushgarak
Ol, so, overall judgment compared to your other obsessions, Phoe?

yerssot
I would rather not get hit at all phoe messed

Trinity_Matrix
*laughs at yerss's singing and starts twirling around her lightsaber*

One cool thing that came out of being on flags...I can do all those nifty moves they do with lightsabers in the movies yes

Lyn
Aww....sorry yerss... stick out tongue wink big grin

Wow...lucky girl!! I'm jealous!! stick out tongue wink

yerssot
I can twirl if needed... no butterfly though messed

Trinity_Matrix
Hah, last night I got bored, found my old lightsaber from Halloween three years ago, put new batteries in it so it'd light up, and was twirling it in the dark big grin Yeah, I was kinda bored...

LordRevan
hay what you know i did the same last night with my anakin force Fx i was board too but the butter fly is kind of hard for me too the force Fx looks and sound like a real lightsaber ninja cool

yerssot
TM... you're a geek; good job wink

Berlin
Weird messed Last night I found the history of the lightsaber...
http://www.jitterbug.com/origins/pix3/saber_inspirations.jpg

LordRevan
Berlin what web site did you find that from? It looks intriguing.tabletalk

Trinity_Matrix
Thank you, Yerss, I'm damn proud of my geekiness big grin And the butterfly's easy...I made up a toss using that move that is really fun yes I looove tosses, they're so easy and it's really fun to freak people out because they think I won't catch it but I've caught every one. And my flags team just recently went to a competition and we won 1st in state big grin

laughing out loud That picture is certainly interesting...

yerssot
really? butterfly easy??? the one Maul does just before he throws a piece of droid into the door to open it seems darn hard
I asked a friend of mine that once, and he's a great athletics-kinda guy ... failed miserably...

but on the brighter, and more boosting-side, I can do carthwheels without using my hands and summersaults (or saltos... guess one is british-english)

Trinity_Matrix
Meh, maybe I just find it easy because I've had to do it hundreds of times...

I'm a total clutz when it comes to sports...I did gymnastics when I was younger but hurt my knee, I played tennis until I broke my finger playing it and was unable to play violin for a month...now all I do is dance and flags.

yerssot
waiting to brake something to during that?

seriously, how do you do a butterfly exactly? a trick you have perhaps?

Trinity_Matrix
stick out tongue Actually, I did twist my ankle rather badly recently...and I've gotten more flags-related injuries than anything else combined. Bloody things are dangerous if you're not careful.

Just lots of practice...took me nearly two weeks to master it, actually messed

yerssot
do you do anything without hurting yourself?

hmmm, I got two weeks, I'll give it a try big grin

Trinity_Matrix
I'm pretty good at getting hurt in seemingly ridiculous ways...and good luck yes

yerssot
on second thought ... no, not really no messed

Phoenix
the most acrobatic thing I can do is an arrowspring... or I can do a high kick... thats about it...

Kaleanae
http://www.jitterbug.com/origins/

LordRevan
wow now i have seen every thing.Happy Dance but doesn't that mean starwars may be a knock off of those movies sad

Kaleanae
no expression

LordRevan
Why the straight face I was just kidding about the knock off remarkbig grin . It seems the creaters of the other movies had the same ideas of GL it was just a coincidence.

Darth Revan
Welcome to the club cool

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.