The Official: "Jedi's get whats coming to them" Thread

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Supermann98

jjwil76
right on man! i feel the same way. can't wait to see anakin turn to vader and start chopping asses off.

Bardock42
Dude you see that anakin actually changed to the dark side just shows that he wasn't ready yet...he's of course very powerful and all but hes not a jedi thats why he doesn't deserve any higher rank. They shouldn't have trained anakin in the first place despite what Ben said in ANH Anakin never was a "good man" he always was a stupid brat, very powerful but not worth to be a jedi.

Supermann98
I disagree. I believe that if they gave Anakin the respect he deserved he would not have taken the path to the darkside.

Echuu
possible- but i think there are other reasons besides mace

Cascador
they say he wasn't ready, because he was so unpredictable, arrogant...but whose fault is that? The Jedi! Like some said, she should have given more respect...I don't think it his abilities that made him arrogant, it's how the Jedi and especially Obi-Wan treats him.

Jedi Priestess
I wouldnt say they get whats coming to them per se, but this is just the way things have to be.

minijedi
I agree with Bardock 42. Anakin is powerful, no doubt. But he lacks the discipline and wisdom that could help control that power and how to use it. More like a spoiled child who wants more, more, more now, without having to earn what he gets. His turning to the darkside is proof of this lack of discipline and control.

However, the Jedi should have understood that he was a special case. That he was going to need extra guidance. But their unwillingness to see that they can make mistakes, their arrogance, did lead to their downfall.

Fëanor
but you place blame on others for something he's responsible for...his actions

that's like saying he has no control of his own person and that everyone else knew what buttons to push in order for anakin to go over the dark side...

Cascador
Luke understood...Luke saw that Darth Vader and Anakin were two different persons. The Dark Side can be a powerful thing! Luke forgave his father cause he knew he wasn't responsible. He was a slave!

TheForceSupreme
What I don't understand is...they council knew he was somehow the chosen one. They knew of his birth. They should have known how powerfull he could have become. What can also be seen in the trailer is that Pals somehow gets Ani to be on the council...don't think the council liked that very much en so did not grant Ani the rank of Master which pissed him off no doubt. Just what Papls wanted. The council can however be blamed for being utterly blind to the fact that Palps was setting everyone against Ani...Palps manipulated Ani and the council was blind to that fact. By being his "friend" and and not lecturing him Palps become what Obi could not...his Father figure. This ofcourse can be blamed on Ani himself who thinks he always knows things better then anyone else.

Cascador
that's again cause of lack of respect! The council wants him to do a messy job which they can't do for themselves...that is spying on palp. But they don't trust him....why did they let him do it than! No trust, no respect and they are suprised he turns?

TheForceSupreme
Likely because he was already so close to Palps.

DenKi

§pearhead
Originally posted by Cascador
they say he wasn't ready, because he was so unpredictable, arrogant...but whose fault is that? The Jedi! Like some said, she should have given more respect...I don't think it his abilities that made him arrogant, it's how the Jedi and especially Obi-Wan treats him.

Respect makes people that much more arrogant. Giving him more respect would have just made him worse. He might be the chosen one, but he was also a Padawan--I think if he got knocked down a few pegs he wouldn't feel like he deserved special treatment.

Malic Clanorian
Luke understood...Luke saw that Darth Vader and Anakin were two different persons. The Dark Side can be a powerful thing! Luke forgave his father cause he knew he wasn't responsible. He was a slave!

if he was a slave to anyone it was palpatine...luke knew his father was a pawn once palpatine tried to lure luke to take his place...and vader then knew how he was being treated the same was maul was and the same way dooku was..maul never figure it out..dooku did when palpatine told anakin to kill him in there duel in ROTS then dooku yells "I Was Promised AMNESTY!"..and vader found out but was too confused to do anything until the end of the duel...

and the council never full changed his attitude..im sure what they did wasnt welcomed by anakin but you can tell in episode 1 that the kid had an attitude..."whats that suppose to mean" when yoda gave him the fear leads to anger speech...so im sure he was already troubled at a young age...and if he was any kind of jedi he would have realized that in time the living force would bring him to become a Master of the jedi just like yoda says in episode 3 about luke.."when the time comes for him to be trained the living force will bring him to us"...

he was too old to be taught...he was too old to realize death and life..right and wrong..love and hate...and thats where his faults were..it wasnt HIS fault or the JEDI's..it was palpatines..he clouded there minds A.) probably one of the reasons they couldn't find him at a young age...B.) the reasons why they couldn't see into his future...C.)could not find out who the dark lord of the sith was D.) could not realize the sith have returned...

everything that happened in the 2 trilogy's was because of the emperor..and he played them all like an instrument...

Malic Clanorian
Originally posted by minijedi

i agree...they tried to train him like they would any jedi..and were surprised in his responses/actions and they shouldn't have been..they should have prepared better which they didn't

Cascador

lil bitchiness

Ushgarak
No, the Jedi don't deserve any of it, other than that the failed. Frankly I thought they acted with professional integirty with Anakin- he was just such a whiny malformed runt, his hige, swollen arrogant ego couldn't take it.

Palpatine just knew a weak spot when he saw one.

§pearhead
I disagree...Okay if you give people too much respect they deserve that would make him more arrogant, but he deserved some respect! The only moment when his master gives him a little respect is when Anakin commands the clone pilote to aim above the fule cells. A master to padawan...is a bond like father and son. But Obi-Wan didn't threated him well, cause he never accepted Anakin as a son/padawan cause he was force to take him as a padawan.

he respected Anakin's wishes enough to let him go to Naboo, alone, with Padme. You don't see any big examples of him respecting, or disprecting Anakin, so it's hard to judge.

What's easy to tell is Anakin's blatant disrespect for his master. "Don't worry, I can cut him off," he says as he chases whats-her-name in Coruscant, right after Obi-Wan said not to.

Anakin's got some serious problems with taking an order. Why should the Jedi cater and favour him because of this?

Cascador

Malic Clanorian
padawan = learner..apprentice... if anakin can't understand that thats his problem no one elses

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by Malic Clanorian
padawan = learner..apprentice... if anakin can't understand that thats his problem no one elses Well it was obviously made everyone else's problem considering how as you say his 'inability to understand' the role of Padawan turned out in the end.

§pearhead

Malic Clanorian
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
Well it was obviously made everyone else's problem considering how as you say his 'inability to understand' the role of Padawan turned out in the end.

im talking about his attitude..if he can't understand his role as a padawan then thats his problem its not obi wan's fault he's following the way of the jedi like it has been for how ever many years..

Bardock42
I just think Anakin was a stupid little brat that had no respect. Darth is pretty cool though.
The kid was some slave the Jedi gave him a future they treated him as an equal......but oh well he couldn'T adapt to it so he went for the dark side, surely not the Jedis fault . They maybe could have stopped it if they gave him a master title (which he obviously didn't deserve) but he obviously didn't deserve that....they just kept to the rules of the Jedi.

And whats your anger aboot Mace what did he do wrong?

lil bitchiness
im talking about his attitude..if he can't understand his role as a padawan then thats his problem its not obi wan's fault he's following the way of the jedi like it has been for how ever many years.. Obi Wan has, in my opinion overestimated himself as a master whe it came to Anakin.

Cascador
sorry but I disagree that Obi-Wan shows enough respect to Anakin. Anakin did what was requested of us. Protect the Senator. The concequences of him going to Tatooine is the lack of parenthood he missed. If Obi-Wan was more like a father to him, he would focus less on his mother and accept his destiny as a Jedi. Obviously Obi-Wan didn't taught him that very good! The fact that he tried to save him, was the respect he had for his master, but how did Obi-Wan react? With a sarcastic joke...never suspect something like that from a Jedi Master! Again less of respect and motivation he gave to him. It's not his fault he failed in the droid factory. He was overwhelmed.

Bardock42
Obi Wan has, in my opinion overestimated himself as a master whe it came to Anakin.

Well I don't think Obi-Wan actually thought that he was such a good master....but he did it because of Qui-Gon....but I agree the Dark Woman would hav e been a far better teacher for Anakin.

Malic Clanorian
Obi Wan has, in my opinion overestimated himself as a master whe it came to Anakin.

yes i agree..the burden of anakin should not have been put on a new master...

Cascador

And he admits that in ep VI!

Malic Clanorian
And he admits that in ep VI!

but the fact still remains that anakin should have knew his role...should have learned...and followed commands like everyone else...i think there biggest problem was telling him he was the chosen one...no wonder he wanted jedi master so quickly...

Cascador
but the fact still remains that anakin should have knew his role...should have learned...and followed commands like everyone else...i think there biggest problem was telling him he was the chosen one...no wonder he wanted jedi master so quickly...

I don't know if he knows he's the chosen one...I think he doesn't know...but of course he knows what he's capable of! Did Obi-Wan scream that as a reminder or is he telling the truth for the first time. I'm not sure if he knows about all that!

edit: oh yeah they tell him in ep I, forgot about that lol, but I don't think he knows what that means! The fact that he knows he's the chosen one wouldn't be a big deal if he didn't know what the prophecy is.

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by Bardock42
Well I don't think Obi-Wan actually thought that he was such a good master....but he did it because of Qui-Gon....but I agree the Dark Woman would hav e been a far better teacher for Anakin. Qui-Gon asked him to train Anakin jsut before he died - so that was something Kenobi accepted and thus had to do, but he did overestimate himself.

Dart Saber
Yes they deserve, especially Mace.

I am so glad he is dead.He is IMO the worst(besides jarjar) star wars character.

Malic Clanorian
oh yeah they tell him in ep I, forgot about that lol, but I don't think he knows what that means! The fact that he knows he's the chosen one wouldn't be a big deal if he didn't know what the prophecy is.

lol im sure in episode 2 hes smart enough to go into the jedi library and look it up lol

Bardock42
Well yes he said that....but on the other hand he didn't have much choice...he might have thought that it would work but well it didn'T

Malic Clanorian
Originally posted by Dart Saber

I am so glad he is dead.He is IMO the worst(besides jarjar) star wars character.

in a sith's eye yes..but in a jedi's eye no...hes the only one that tried stopping anakin from being taught, or gain rank...and hes the only one that came out and said he doesn't trust him...so from a siths p.o.v. he tried to spoil it for anakin...but from a jedi's p.o.v. if they didn't train him then they wouldn't all die...but then that would screw up the entire trilogy lol

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by Dart Saber

I have a question. Why do people have it in for Mace Windu so much!?

Cascador
I think Anakin cause of his character would even be a lot more arrogant if he know what being the chosen one is all about lol

Malic Clanorian
lol cuz he's black lil

Cascador
ignore it I would say....

Malic Clanorian
i thouhgt mace was one of the best jedi in the movie i had nothing against him i dont see why so many others do

Bardock42
I like mace too (well I am an EU fan though)

Darth Plegueis
A ten year old boy who has NEVER had a father figure (sheesh, not even a father for that matter) is trouble in the real world...no wonder that it would be difficult to "choose" between Obi Wan and Palps. You can only partially blame the jedi as Anakin was, in many ways, "damaged goods" by the time he came to them.

Cascador
Originally posted by Darth Plegueis
A ten year old boy who has NEVER had a father figure (sheesh, not even a father for that matter) is trouble in the real world...no wonder that it would be difficult to "choose" between Obi Wan and Palps. You can only partially blame the jedi as Anakin was, in many ways, "damaged goods" by the time he came to them.

exactly!

Darth Plegueis
And it being that Palps plans were in place a long time before Anakin came along, and then he was pushed right in front of the Sith lord...who thinks he ever had a chance/choice?
"With great interest" indeed!

Malic Clanorian
my point exactly it was palpatines fault all along for the things that happened threw the trilogy...it was his plan all along to rid the jedi..anakin was his window of opportunity..

Darth Plegueis
I agree totally Palps causes misery fo everyone he uses, Dooku, Anakin, etc. How much better for Anakin to have been left on Tattooine??? And really, if you think about it, that almost makes it the Jedi's fault...they BROUGHT Anakin to Palpatine!!

Malic Clanorian
yes..and no..there intentions were good but its just the way things turned out...i guess im on the fence about this situation i lean a little to both sides

Darth Plegueis
It really is all about Palps/Sidious.

Malic Clanorian
hey can somone post another link to the trailer...

Darth Plegueis
If someone could PM or Email me a good was to save the HS trailer, I could then PM a link to all interested. I got some help last night but it didn't work to create a viable link.

Master Gerrard
obi wan didn't believe in Anakin, he didnt even want 2 train him as he thought he was 2 dangerous. And besides Obi wasnt ready 2 train him as he was still a apprentice when qui gon asked (or told) him to train ani.
Speaking of Qui Gon, do any of u guys think he's partly 2 blame 4 forcing obi 2 train Ani????

Darth Plegueis
Yeah partially, but its kind of hard to blame someones dying words.

Cascador
I just think the guy couldn't think rational anymore when he was dying...

Darth Plegueis
Right? I mean WHO could?

Darth Plegueis
Closer to the thread topic, I get the idea that even some Jedi might think that they are getting what they got coming. It must be hard to fight for a republic that you are rapidly realising is corrupt or evev evil.

Master Gerrard
At least Qui Gon saw something very special in Ani and it was Qui Gon who said he is the chosen one. Remember it was Ani who destroyed the emperor.

Darth Plegueis
From a certain point of view, the Jedi are actually working for a dark lord of the Sith (as Generals in an army HE created for specific nefarious reasons).

Darth Plegueis
But the chosen one was supposed to bring peace or balance to the force. That WASN'T Anakin....I think what Qui Gon was sensing was the part of Luke that was in Anakin, and that Luke was the chosen one foretold in prophecy.

Cascador
no George said Anakin is the chosen one and he brings balance in the end but he couldn't have done it without his son since he is the one who brought him back to the light side

Darth Plegueis
Oh, okay, I didn't realise that GL actually confirmed Ani as the chosen one.

Supermann98
Why do the council think that Anakin is too old to be trained in the 1st place? Ummm ... how old was Luke by the time he even HEARD of the force? He didn't do too shabby.
Why does the Jedi council decide that a guy they "don't trust" and who they deem is "arrogant" ... should be appointed to report on Palps dealings? That makes NO sense. Especially considering that they don't find Palps to be all that honest to begin with. They were using Anakin for thier own purposes as much as Palps was. They get what they deserve. Chop chop chop "AHHHHH!" go the younglings. Hopefully Mace gets decapitated as well.

lil bitchiness
Anakin was reckless and power hungry - and the reason he chose Palpatine was because Palpatine knew Anakin's weak spot and he played on it. He was offering him a unimaginable power - which is pretty much what Anakin wanted.

What was the difficult decision?! Obi Wan was the one that acted like some kind of a father figure, while Palpetine acted as an exploiter. If Anakin was less arrogant, less power hungry he would have seen right through Palpatine.

It had nothing to do with ''hard to chose father figure'' but it had to do with Anakin's thirst for power and his arogance.

Anakin is my fave character by far as Anakin and as Darth Vader, but im looking at this from a neutral perspective. It simply isnt all Jedi fault.

Master Gerrard
Disaster was waiting for the jedi as soon as palps took over as supreme chancellor in TPM. The Jedi were powerless to stop palps...........he even created an army under their noses. Even without Anakin's help/assistance, palps would have still conquered the republic.

Darth Plegueis
Thats why I stated earlier that is really ALL Palpatine.

Master Gerrard
Thats why I stated earlier that is really ALL Palpatine.

Agreed and after all he is the most powerful sith ever

Darth Plegueis
My comment above seems a little different out of context. I think I put "choose" in quotes BECAUSE there was no choice.

Cascador

Darth Plegueis
"Anakin! Anakin, NO!!"

wallalupp
Acually GL has said that much of the reason Anakin turned is because he didn't get the initial traing from yoda from he was 1-2 years old or something like that, and never learned to not get attached (bad sentance but i hope you understand)

and luke got trained at his age because it was desperate times and he was the son of the chosen one.

Cascador
Originally posted by wallalupp
and never learned to not get attached (bad sentance but i hope you understand)

I guess Obi had lots of girlfriends before he became a Jedi...that's why he never learned Anakin to attach...or just the opposite...he never had girlfriends stick out tongue

Darth Plegueis
With Obi Wan there on Tattooine the whole time, you wonder WHY they did not start Luke earlier...they pretty much wait until fate intervenes.
"Watching this one a long time, have I.."

wallalupp
Originally posted by Cascador Cause he was lucky to become a knight, cause before leaving Coruscant it seemed that the council nor qui-gon believed that Obi-Wan was ready to face the trials. Qui-Gon believed he had no choice to let Obi-Wan face the trials cause he couldn't have 2 padawans

the talk obi-wan and qui-gon waiting for jar jar "There is little more you can learn from me" contradicts your statement, and the council was convinced that Obi-wan deserved the rank of Knight after killing the sith lord that killed qui-gon, a Jedi Master. that became his trials, and he passed

Darth Plegueis
I guess Obi had lots of girlfriends before he became a Jedi...that's why he never learned Anakin to attach...or just the opposite...he never had girlfriends stick out tongue Again: Alone, Desert, 20 years....

Master Gerrard
the council didn't want 2 train Ani as they all thought he was 2 dangerous. And besides u can't always blame the masters if their padawans turn evil. Dooku was Yoda apprentice and Qui Gon first apprentice turned evil.

Darth Plegueis
Good point.

wallalupp
I guess Obi had lots of girlfriends before he became a Jedi...that's why he never learned Anakin to attach...or just the opposite...he never had girlfriends stick out tongue

Well since he probably started his jedi training when he learned to walk, he must have started to look at the girls at a very early age then stick out tongue

minijedi

lil bitchiness
I disagree lil bitchiness, I don't think Anakin had thirst of power. He wanted to learn a power

One way or another he wanted power - for what is complitely irrelevant. He wanted it badly and Palpatine exploited that!

Cascador
I'm not sure Qui-Gon is being honest at that matter...Jedi are never really honest lol, take a look at obi...Maybe Qui-Gon changed the truth a little so that he could take Anakin as a padawan learner which was in his eyes a priority! And killing a Sith Lord...that's what I mean about being lucky. Jedi trials arent just about lightsaber skills. Obi-Wan was just lucky that Maul was overconfident!

Cascador
One way or another he wanted power - for what is complitely irrelevant. He wanted it badly and Palpatine exploited that!

I agree with that.

Darth Plegueis
I don't see that power thirst in ep1 Anakin.....when would it have started?

Master Gerrard
I don't see that power thirst in ep1 Anakin.....when would it have started?

when he felt powerless to save his mum. he felt guilty being 2 weak

Master Gerrard
I think it was obi's idea to hide luke & leia from their father so lets give him credit 4 that.

Darth Plegueis
Originally posted by Master Gerrard
when he felt powerless to save his mum. he felt guilty being 2 weak But thats saying he became power hungry during the events of Ep2, when he's 20...that doesn't qualify as "always having been power hungry"

Master Gerrard
hmmmmm what about when he wanted to be the best/fastest pilot in the galaxy in TPM and................he wanted 2 become a powerful jedi 2 free all slaves (inc his mum)

Darth Plegueis
Well, maybe, although those motives are more to benefit others.

Darth Plegueis
I mean, I want to come back to Tattooine and crush Watto and the Hutts.would be more along those lines.

Cascador

Darth Plegueis
Yeah, I mean I just don't see any "I want to rule!" going on. I mean, if POWER is his prime motivation, why does he NEVER aspire to overthrow the emperor at any point in the following decades and through the original trilogy???

Cascador
well I think he couldn't...I don't know precisely what it is, but he needed his son to kill the emperor, he couldn't do it himself. But you are right about what you said that Anakin was never the one who wanted more and more power.

Master Gerrard
is that y jedi r not allowed 2 love?????

Darth Plegueis
But Sidious was able to kill HIS master...

Supermann98
If Anakin would have helped Mace kill Sidious when the chance was there the clones would have remained loyal to the Jedi. But because the Jedi did not trust him or show him respect he returned those sentiments. Mace went "bye-bye" ... and the slaughter began.

Darth Plegueis
This party REALLY is over!

Master Gerrard
I think it was more to do with the fact that the jedi council felt he wasnt ready 2 become a master yet. The council believed in his abilities but he needed more training to achieve that 'master' rank. Remember what Yoda said in ESB......he was an powerful jedi but his training was incomplete, Ani always looked 4 the easy paths

Darth Plegueis
I think Palpy is more or less "forcing" Ani on the council for his heroism in defeating Dooku and crashlanding the ship, and their lack of real choice in the matter is causing them angst.

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by minijedi

lil bitchiness asked why so many dislike Mace Windu. I think we were meant to. I think the Mace Windu character is supposed to personify Jedi arrogance. His character is meant to show us where the Jedi teachings went wrong IMO.

I dont think Mace is that arrogant, actually. He is arrogant, even yoda implys that, but i dont think he is overly so. But that just me.

Darth Plegueis
Maybe its the way Sam Jackson delivers the lines. In the trailer when he tells Ani that he won't be a master, it comes across kind of "so there!"ish.

Darth Plegueis
Tho I imagine one of his last thoughts would be "Damn, I shouldn't have pissed that kid off!!"

Master Gerrard
like he said that the boy won't be trained 2 qui gon in TPM?????

Master Gerrard
so i think mace pissed off anakin more than once!!!!

Darth Plegueis
Yeah, same kind of nanny-nanny-boo ness

lil bitchiness
Master Gerrard, dont double post. Saw all you like in ONE post. Same goes for you Darth Plegueis.

morgan01
i believe anakins downfall comes from Qui-Gon being killed, Obi-Wan was not ready to take on Anakin not enough experience and he never trusted Anakin always doubted him, always lecturing, Anakin respected Qui-Gon in a way he could never respect Obi...

Had the council done denied Anakin Jedi-Master Qui-Gon would have been there rebelling with Anakin, not working against him in distrust....

JediMasterLuke
Originally posted by Supermann98
If Anakin would have helped Mace kill Sidious when the chance was there the clones would have remained loyal to the Jedi. But because the Jedi did not trust him or show him respect he returned those sentiments. Mace went "bye-bye" ... and the slaughter began.

No had Anakin killed Sidious then Padme would probably still be alive considering Sidious has been trying to kill her for years.

JediMasterLuke
sorry but I disagree that Obi-Wan shows enough respect to Anakin. Anakin did what was requested of us. Protect the Senator. The concequences of him going to Tatooine is the lack of parenthood he missed. If Obi-Wan was more like a father to him, he would focus less on his mother and accept his destiny as a Jedi. Obviously Obi-Wan didn't taught him that very good! The fact that he tried to save him, was the respect he had for his master, but how did Obi-Wan react? With a sarcastic joke...never suspect something like that from a Jedi Master! Again less of respect and motivation he gave to him. It's not his fault he failed in the droid factory. He was overwhelmed.

But Obi-Wan does respect Anakin a lot of people respect Anakin, but to Anakin its never enough. Also Anakin did tell Obi-Wan in AOTC that he was like a father to him. Well Anakin also was told to stayand protect the Senator. What if Mace and the jedi could not get to Genosisis to save them. Anakin Padme and Obi-Wan wouldve been dead.

JediMasterLuke
Anakin was reckless and power hungry - and the reason he chose Palpatine was because Palpatine knew Anakin's weak spot and he played on it. He was offering him a unimaginable power - which is pretty much what Anakin wanted.

What was the difficult decision?! Obi Wan was the one that acted like some kind of a father figure, while Palpetine acted as an exploiter. If Anakin was less arrogant, less power hungry he would have seen right through Palpatine.

It had nothing to do with ''hard to chose father figure'' but it had to do with Anakin's thirst for power and his arogance.

Anakin is my fave character by far as Anakin and as Darth Vader, but im looking at this from a neutral perspective. It simply isnt all Jedi fault.

Exactly and the sad thing he knows that Sidious/Palps is evil and a Sith Lord(the very same sith lord that has been trying to kill his wife for years) yet in still he ignores that and keeps him alive for his own selfish reasons even at the expense of his marriage with Padme. Padme's demise I place on Anakin and Anakin alone.

JediMasterLuke

Cascador

Malic Clanorian
a bad manipulator .

i GOOD manipulator i would say if ur talking about Palpatine..wink

Malic Clanorian
Maybe its the way Sam Jackson delivers the lines. In the trailer when he tells Ani that he won't be a master, it comes across kind of "so there!"ish.

qui-gon was kinda the same way..he pretty much told obi wan to shut his mouth when obi wan was trying to say how dangerous anakin was..i believe qui-gon said somethingl like "that will be enough out of you now get on board" you could even say qui-gon was arrogant in some ways

Cascador
i GOOD manipulator i would say if ur talking about Palpatine..wink

well yeah a good manipulator who is bad...if that is better quoted lol

Cascador
qui-gon was kinda the same way..he pretty much told obi wan to shut his mouth when obi wan was trying to say how dangerous anakin was..i believe qui-gon said somethingl like "that will be enough out of you now get on board" you could even say qui-gon was arrogant in some ways

I wouldn't say Qui-Gon is arrogant, but rebellious. He was a strict teacher, but you can see he still has a good bond with Obi-Wan if you watch them talk it varies into bad and good discussions...Anakin and Obi-Wan only had bad ones in ep II. Take the one of Anakin's nightmare...Anakin forsaw the future, but Obi-Wan didn't give a sith and said it would pass. Obi-Wan doesn't seem to know all Anakin's powers very well, but Qui-Gon knew he could look into the future. That's one of the reasons why Qui-Gon would be a better master to Anakin. They already had a strong bond in TPM.

Malic Clanorian
well yeah a good manipulator who is bad...if that is better quoted lol

lol i knew what u meant just clearing it up for the others wink

JediMasterLuke

JediMasterLuke
I wouldn't say Qui-Gon is arrogant, but rebellious. He was a strict teacher, but you can see he still has a good bond with Obi-Wan if you watch them talk it varies into bad and good discussions...Anakin and Obi-Wan only had bad ones in ep II. Take the one of Anakin's nightmare...Anakin forsaw the future, but Obi-Wan didn't give a sith and said it would pass. Obi-Wan doesn't seem to know all Anakin's powers very well, but Qui-Gon knew he could look into the future. That's one of the reasons why Qui-Gon would be a better master to Anakin. They already had a strong bond in TPM.

But that Obi-Anakin was one scene. He also told Anakin that he was focusing too much on the negative while they were in the elevator on to see Padme. He was trying to reassure his Padawan that Padme would be happy to see him

How could Qui-Gon possibly have a stronger bond with Anakin.Also should it matter who the teacher is? Anakin could not control his own emotions enough to see a pregnant woman such as Padme pleading for her life as he chokes her (You call that LOVE?!!!). No I dont fault the jedi for that I fault Anakin.

Cascador
I call that last part desperation...if you are betrayed by the one you love...you feel anger...A good teacher would also have learned to control Anakin's emotions like Qui-Gon tried to do in the cut scene from ep I...the fight with Greedo. Apparantly Qui-Gon cared a lot more about Anakin's emotions and he didn't take it for granted like Obi-Wan and the rest did

Malic Clanorian
I call that last part desperation...if you are betrayed by the one you love...you feel anger...A good teacher would also have learned to control Anakin's emotions like Qui-Gon tried to do in the cut scene from ep I...the fight with Greedo. Apparantly Qui-Gon cared a lot more about Anakin's emotions and he didn't take it for granted like Obi-Wan and the rest did

qui-gon had it easier...its easier to mold a child then it is a teenager...lol every parent knows that

Cascador
But watching Obi-Wan who was also rebellious...looking at the result of his training, Qui-Gon's teaching did work! And Obi-Wan was also pretty old when he started his training. Obi-Wan admits himself that he had much anger in him...Like Anakin. But I guess Qui-Gon dealed with that better than Obi-Wan did with Anakin.

JediMasterLuke

Yeah but just because you feel does not mean you need to act on it not to the extent Anakin does on Padmen>Also a good student would learn to control his emotions. Also why would Obi-Wan be taking Anakins emotions for granted if anyone did that it was Palps.

Cascador
a good student...but you need also a good teacher. Obi-Wan wasn't the perfect student either...take a look at the fight with Maul. Anakin acted the same in ep II. Palps knew all too well about Anakin's emotions...and he used it to manipulate him.

Darth Plegueis
Anakin never had a chance. Palpatine sees the future (I think he's been trying to get rid of Padme in order to prevent Luke). No matter what the Jedi did, Palps was on him from the moment he set foot on Coruscant.

Malic Clanorian
meh palps is a liar...if he saw the future he would have never called luke to him...lol jk

Darth Plegueis
well, having seen his demise at Lukes hands, he had to at least try and turn him.

sky shadow
Happy Dance

Jedi Priestess
bump

cylob49
The Jedi order is made up of some of the most ridiculous looking aliens ive seen in 30 years of cinema going(apart from Alya Secura of course...shes hot!).
They are nothing but po faced space christians with lightsabres.
I WANT TO SEE THEM GET THEIR ARSES KICKED !!!!!!!!!
and i will.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.