"I Need Your Help Son" - I hope this isn't literal

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarkYoda
Just a thought I had. The quote comes from the trailer, but this is a question about the movie itself.

I really hope this does not mean Palpatine is Anakin's father.

Cascador
no that would be a very stupid thought.................

DarkYoda
Agreed!!

JKozzy
I heard the interesting theory somewhere.. bear with me, but it was that Sidious had learned how to manipulate the force so much, that Anakin's birth was the will of the force... but Sidious had willed the force to do it? And that's why he knows about Anakin when he's so young? It was an interesting and plausable theory, I probably didn't do a well enough job of explaining it, but good ears, DarkYoda.

§pearhead
^ just what I was thinking as I read the first post...

Possible? Yes. Plausible? A bit...

eXSBass
Palpatine is more of a father figure than Obi Wan in Anakin's eyes. Palps knows this so he plays on the fact Anakin hasn't got a father. Remember, he's a master manipulator.
But Palpitine turning around and saying "I am your father" will be so stupid and corny i'll walk out!

Gundark
Shmi is an honest woman - if thats what she told Qui Gon about Anakin's conception (being 'no father'), then thats what happened. I think Qui Gon would have known if she was lying.

Although the old Padme switcharoo had him fooled....

Jedi Priestess
Already been suggested and shot down (thankfully) by Ternian aka Motee. yes

Malic Clanorian
i don't really think it means anything but...ive said this before...maybe palpatine says "son" because he wants anakin to think of him as a father..and palpatine knows thats what anakin lacks...but i think it really just doesnt mean anything...

DarkYoda
Malic Clanorian - I like your thinking on this matter.

Malic Clanorian
thank you my green friend...

JKozzy
Originally posted by Malic Clanorian
i don't really think it means anything but...ive said this before...maybe palpatine says "son" because he wants anakin to think of him as a father..and palpatine knows thats what anakin lacks...but i think it really just doesnt mean anything... That's more likely, though. yes

OB1-adobe
It is no different than saying "lad" or "boy"

Palpatine irish style- "Go in kill them jedi ma lad, but can't have me lucky charms"

Cascador
Originally posted by OB1-adobe
It is no different than saying "lad" or "boy"

Palpatine irish style- "Go in kill them jedi ma lad, but can't have me lucky charms"

lol, you do know that he is scottish? so if he used his regular voice it would be something like that! lol

DenKi
No hes not his Son, Papls is just using Anakin and Making him beleve he should turn to Him than any of the other Jedi, Palps has always been saying how great and everything Anakin really is.

Sadako of Girth
I agree... It is real unlikely.... Palps always calls him "My friend"
and "Lord Vader" through the rest of the saga....

Cascador
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
I agree... It is real unlikely.... Palps always calls him "My friend"
and "Lord Vader" through the rest of the saga....

that's because at that point Anakin/Vader is already pussywhipped by palp so than he calls him friend instead of son stick out tongue

Malic Clanorian
Originally posted by Cascador
that's because at that point Anakin/Vader is already pussywhipped by palp so than he calls him friend instead of son stick out tongue

pussywhipped...i bet sidious was a devious young lover in his day lmao

Sadako of Girth
whip

Malic Clanorian
lol whip it good haha

JKozzy
Padme can whip me any day droolio

yo_yoda
Originally posted by eXSBass
Palpatine is more of a father figure than Obi Wan in Anakin's eyes. Palps knows this so he plays on the fact Anakin hasn't got a father. Remember, he's a master manipulator.
But Palpitine turning around and saying "I am your father" will be so stupid and corny i'll walk out!

liar... we all know you will sit through the entire movie because it's starwars man!

Sadako of Girth
Originally posted by JKozzy
Padme can whip me any day droolio

stick out tongue whip

Torik_Shai
Not this argument again. Why don't we bring back the theory on how Palpatine is Sidious' clone too. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Sadako of Girth
He IS isn't he....? stick out tongue

Darth_Feros
palps is supposed to show us powers we havent seen yet so i think he can change his appearance from normal 2 sith mode.

Sadako of Girth
yes

Naredhel
What like artificial (and distanced) force insemination?!

eXSBass
Originally posted by yo_yoda
liar... we all know you will sit through the entire movie because it's starwars man!

Okay, I won't walk out but i'll be dissapointed.

But imagine both Padme and Leia trying to whip you http://images.killermovies.com/forums/moresmilies/droolio.gif

The Ones
i imagine padme and me in bed every night http://images.killermovies.com/forums/moresmilies/droolio.gif

Mist
Originally posted by eXSBass
Okay, I won't walk out but i'll be dissapointed.

But imagine both Padme and Leia trying to whip you http://images.killermovies.com/forums/moresmilies/droolio.gif

yeek, incest. its one or the other my man (personally i take leia, that slave outfit....oh so fine...)

The Ones
imagine padme in the slave outfit.........

Mist
that i could imagine.....so far, nothing shes worn can match that one.

Cascador
I must say...this is very "on topic" roll eyes (sarcastic)

Telemicus
Mmmm..portman in a slave outfit........

Might distract from her bad acting

Padmé Amidala
Emm, well concerning the topic...lol

I think if Palpatine was Anakin's father Shmi wouldve said something like..
"Well one night this man who said he just "looked like" the Senator of Naboo, came over and well.... One thing lead to another... Then he was gone"

Darth Plegueis
laughing

Stunrun
Originally posted by DarkYoda
Just a thought I had. The quote comes from the trailer, but this is a question about the movie itself.

I really hope this does not mean Palpatine is Anakin's father.

its a phrase people use, e.g "Look here son! " it doesnt mean i am your father laughing out loud

Cascador
well priests say "son" a lot...but I don't think they are your or my father!

Padmé Amidala
Exactly lol Scene from Episode III

Palps: Anakin, I am your father!
Anakin: No you're not...
Palps: Yeh I know, I was just kidding

Stunrun
Ok i dont want to bring religion into any of this, but GL wanted Anakin to be concieved from the will of the force. Very much like Jesus was conceived from the will of god. He was put on this earth to bring peace and abolish evil. Since Anakin is the CHOSEN ONE, he had a similar taskyes

we'll have no more of this "palps is anakin's father" giberish!big grin

Padmé Amidala
Exactly! lol But yeh--- it seems to be a dream come true for some "fans" messed

Stunrun
this was confirmed from George himself in the "Mythology Of Star Wars" documentary a few years back, so its complete bullsh!t thank god!wink

Padmé Amidala
Indeed..... Its not a soap opera for crying out loud messed lol

((The_Anomaly))
"Palps: Anakin, I am your father!
Anakin: No you're not...
Palps: Yeh I know, I was just kidding"

HHAHAHA!!! laughing out loud that was funny....

Padmé Amidala
Thanks lol

((The_Anomaly))
and im pretty sure that he isnt being literal with this....lol

i think its more of a normal thing to say. hes kinda old, and old people often refer to young men as "son".....it also like some have said, is palps knowing what anakin wants. he never really had a father (other then obi-wan) and hes trying to show anakin the respect that anakin thinks he deserves. a respect he is not getting from the jedi.

Padmé Amidala
Exactly, but people read into things.... You can read into everything if you are looking for it.

Cascador
I tried to explain that multiple times to members here...but no it's all Anakin's faultsad

Padmé Amidala
Obi-Wan says to Luke in Episode IV.. "Rest easy son, you've had a busy day" Again, doesnt mean that Obi-Wan's making hints! lol

Apexus
Sounds like a job for Jerry Springer if Obi-Wan was Luke's dad. H8 to think what the security guards would do against a pair of sabers lol laughing j/k theres no way Palpatine is Anakins dad. At least i hope not confused

Padmé Amidala
No need to hope--- he isnt Anakin's dad, end of story

lucasfilm
THIS IS WHAT IVE BEEN SAYING THE WHOLE TIME!! im sure that he was just calling him son just like some old dude does to anyone, but i still think it would be awesome if his father was palatine, THEN IT WOULD BE LIKE 3 GENERATIONS FIGHTING EACHOTEHR AT THE END OF ROTJ..

and taht whole ting about the midichlorians conceiving him.. no! has there been anynone who has actually said.. shmi never even had a partner... she was just pregnat one day..?

Velcro_Boy
i hope hes not really his father. just a figure of speech like how old people say sonny and stuff like that.

Cascador
palpatine being his father would be absolutely ridiculous and uncreative! Creating parallels is okay, but this would be exagerated! He is conceived by midi-chlorians...The Force created him...that's the end of it...Shmi told the truth, Anakin has no father, that's what George Lucas said too.

Padmé Amidala
Exactly-- and as I said earlier-- I think Shmi wouldve remembered!

Stunrun
why would shmi fall for an old dude like him anyways??

could've of been wild in bed, waving his lightsaber about, but lets not get into detail here!!!!!!!!!!!!!laughing out loudsicksick

ajrocksteady
Does anyone REALLY think that GL would release a spoiler of that magnitude in the d*mn trailer!? c'mon! Even if it were the case, there is not a chance in Mustafar that in a 1 second clip of the trailer it would be revealed. Get real

One

Velcro_Boy
Originally posted by ajrocksteady
Does anyone REALLY think that GL would release a spoiler of that magnitude in the d*mn trailer!? c'mon! Even if it were the case, there is not a chance in Mustafar that in a 1 second clip of the trailer it would be revealed. Get real

One
good point. closing.

Velcro_Boy
Originally posted by Velcro_Boy
good point. closing.

Cascador
You quoted yourself??

Stunrun
Originally posted by Velcro_Boy

yeh about 700 other members (including myself) made a similar point. This thread should of been closed alot sooner

Cascador
Originally posted by Stunrun
yeh about 700 other members (including myself) made a similar point. This thread should of been closed alot sooner

Some just don't know when to quit....

Velcro_Boy
Originally posted by Cascador
You quoted yourself??
i dont know what happened. i must of pressed the wrong button or something.

atomik
Originally posted by The Ones
imagine padme in the slave outfit.........

Why would you have to imagine?

http://img115.exs.cx/img115/526/slavenatilebyled2er.jpg

Obi-OneManShow
Suddenly, this thread has taken a turn towards the better...

Cascador
nicely done, altho her hair isnt suitable with it...still roxxxx tho!

smoker4
eek!

DarkYoda
Agreed! Much better topic than my original one! big grin

Sadako of Girth
Result..........!!!

Padmé Amidala
What people need to realise is that Anakin has father figures, thats all. In Episode I it was Qui-Gon, In Episode II its Obi-Wan, and in Episode III it is Palpatine.

Cascador
in my opinion, Obi-Wan was a father to Anakin, but Anakin wasn't like a son to Obi-Wan...a part why he became so arrogant.

Padmé Amidala
Thats kinda true--- the problem was that Anakin didnt like the way Obi-Wan was treating him. Palpatine was always encouraging, so eventually it is his side that he takes instead of Obi-Wan

Cascador
well he earned some respect, and there is only one moment in the movie that Obi-Wan gives him respect. I know you can't give him to much respect otherwise he would become more arrogant. But he deserved more.

Padmé Amidala
Thats what Anakin thought also lol The thing is that he shouldnt care what people think of him, he should just do his duty as a Jedi. But he is a snob now, he wants to be the best and that is because of his upbringing as a slave, so he wants constant recognision and appraisal but he doesnt get it. But Palps gives it freely, and deliberately

Velcro_Boy
she needs to be a little tanner,shes lookin kind of pale.

Padmé Amidala
Hahahaha

Cipher
I think the way Palpatine is trying to sound fatherly is appropriately devious.....

Kurk
up

Stun
This is the thread that never ends, 'cause it goes on and on my friends!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.