The Alienist

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

a1hsauce
Has anyone here ever read this book?

I really liked it when i picked it up my sophmore year or my jr. year of high school. it was very well researched and written. Its about a serial killer set in the early 1900s where killings of that type were extremely strange. Law enforcement still relatively in its infancy, didnt have the resources sufficient to aprehending a person with a psychological disorder of that nature.

But this guy named Lazlo Kreizler, he's like a revolutionist in his field of psychological pathologies, is recruited by then NYC police commissioner Theodore Roosevelt, to track down this serial murderer using something totally new to police investigations, a profile.

its really good i hope u guys read it, and if u have post what you thought smile

Smasandian
I loved this book.
Also liked the sequel.

Its dark and pretty disturbing when it comes to the main character's investigatioin into the brothels and other horrible stuff.
But all in all, its a good book. Very interesting.
It does get a tad too long with explantions of psychology.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.