Similar movies to the original Dawn of the Dead!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Johnlindsey289
For those who are fans of the 1978 classic zombie movie, here are some other "Dawn of the Dead"-like movies you might enjoy:

"Zombie".
" Day of the Dead".
" Night of the Living Dead ( 1968 and 1990 versions)".
" Dawn of the Dead ( 2004)".
" Nightmare City" ( a.k.a. City of the Walking Dead).
" City of the Living Dead" ( a.k.a. The Gates of Hell).
" Cannibal Ferox" ( a.k.a. Make Them Die Slowly)
" Scanners".
" House By The Cemetery".
" 28 Days Later...".
" Return of the Living Dead Trilogy".
" From Dusk Till Dawn".
" The Evil Dead".
" Evil Dead 2".
" Zombi 3".
" Zombi 4: After Life".
" Hell of the Living Dead" ( a.k.a. Night of the Zombies, Virus, Zombie Creeping Flesh).
" Demons".
" Cannibal Apocalypse".
" Freddy Vs. Jason".
" Mallrats". ( Another mall satire with dark humor)\
" Shaun of the Dead".
" Bio-Zombie".
" Resident Evil".
" Resident Evil Apocalypse".
" Cannibal Holocaust".
" The Beyond" ( a.k.a. 7 Doors of Death).

Any fans of DOTD78 seen these movies?

Wolfie
Mallrats? So just because a movie takes place in a mall means it's similar to Dawn of the Dead?

sarcomens
Seen them all, except Bio-zombie (the trailer looked to bad) and Mallrats (what kind of movie is that?). My favorite zombie movie is Living Dead at Manchester Morgue and Zombie Flesh Eaters.

tabby999
mallrats is an awsome comedy by Kevin Smith, something tells me Johnlindsay dosn't know shi'ite

sarcomens
Comedy? Does it have anything with zombies to do at all? Yupp, some part of the list was kind of strange to relate to DOTD. But we can't expect everyone to know about every movie either.

Wolfie
No zombies, it's the second movie featuring Jay and Silent Bob. Johnlindsey289 was just naming anything with a zombie and/or a mall.

tabby999
although Willhem was pretty out of it, kind of zombie like in mallrats...distant conection

Wolfie
Sailboat... sailboat... sailboat.... sad

laughing

tabby999
"trust me, have a few of these fatty boombatty blunts and you'll see a sailboat, the ocean and some of those big titted mermaids doing some of that lesbian shit"

i love that movie

Wolfie
laughing

That's my favorite of his movies.

Darth_Big_Boy
You forgot "Night Of The Comet".

Azrael01
What does scanners have to do with zombies or malls

tabby999
it has become abundantly clear that the person who made this just threw a list together without much in the way of thought. and dont worry, freddy vs jason dosn't have much to do with anything either

tpaquin
Originally posted by tabby999
"trust me, have a few of these fatty boombatty blunts and you'll see a sailboat, the ocean and some of those big titted mermaids doing some of that lesbian shit"

i love that movie

"Look! It's a scooner!"

"You stupid bith. It's a sailboat."

"A scooner is a sailboat, stupid."

"YOU KNOW WHAT?! THERE IS NO EASTER BUNNY!"

Wolfie
Originally posted by tabby999
it has become abundantly clear that the person who made this just threw a list together without much in the way of thought. and dont worry, freddy vs jason dosn't have much to do with anything either
Wow. I overlooked FvJ. What does FvJ have to do with Dawn of the Dead? laughing out loud

Johnlindsey289
Ok, the comparisons on Mallrats to Dawn of the Dead 1978 is that they are both cult flicks with satire in them, set in a shopping mall and have dark humor.

On the comparisons to "Scanners", two words: "Gore" and "Exploding heads", and comparisons to " Freddy Vs. Jason" is "Gore' of course.

tabby999
your setting your comparison feilds a smidgen to wide me thinks

ragesRemorse
I would say that you would be hardpressed to find a zombie flick that doesnt have some kind of inspiration from the dead movies. Just because they inspire does not mean they are similar. Out of that list given i would say that maybe 5 or similar to dawn of the dead, three of them are by the same director. theres only so much you can do with zombie flicks, that is why they are all similar in some way.

did you just start naming movies by random in that list?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.