help with tuning my guitar

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DEFCON One
Well, i play electric guitar, and since a lot of rock songs are in Drop-D tuning i want to tune my guitar for Drop-D. only problem is my tuner has three alternate tunings on it: A = Ab, A = G, and A = Gb. I was wondering if anyone knew which one is Drop-D, or if anyone can tell me how to tune to Drop-D on my own

Darth Revan
Just drop your low E down a whole step to a D.

Filth
http://www.worldguitar.com/tuner.html use that

Reckoning
The low E string is tuned one step lower to D. There you have your dropped D.

Filth
Thats to complicated i have i cd that teaches you to play guitar and the first track is a tuner.

Reckoning
It couldn't be more simplistic. All strings tuned normally, e A D G B E, but instead, the lower case e(the thickest string), you tune to D. Hint: The new D tuning should have no resonance with the other D string; they're octaves.

Darth Revan
Originally posted by Filth
Thats to complicated i have i cd that teaches you to play guitar and the first track is a tuner.

Wha...? It's the easiest tuning (besides standard tuning) to change your guitar to. You don't even need a tuner, you just match the seventh fret on the low E to the open A.

Bad Boy
Or match the 5th fret on the A string to the open E.

DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.