"Star Wars" TV series

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

forumcrew
saw an update about this and theres no thread for it so figured id post it..

from comingsoon

It's no secret that Lucasfilm is developing a "Star Wars" TV series. The main question at the moment is what time period it will be set in. USA Today offered up a little clue as to the time frame:

George Lucas also told me at the Oscars that he's developing a 'Star Wars' TV show that would take place between the events of 'Revenge of the Sith' and 'A New Hope.'

then theres still rumours of kevin smith and mark hammil having involvement (but the mark hammil one involved it being after 6 so that may be scraped now)

Mist
goody, more star wars. more battles, more jedi....mh i cant be buggered finishing my sentence.

DarthAJ
better be battles...and maybe a runaway(running from the Imperials) Jedi? That would be awesome. The jedi is constanlty running from Vader and Vader becomes obsessed. But Then again i don't want any vader. I hope Bail and Mothma are in it.

Kainreaver
Presumably, the only Jedi that exist after Revenge of the sith are Obi wan and Yoda, so its quite possable that there will be no Jedi in this T.V. series. It'll probably be more concentrated on the formation of the Rebel alliance, and the struggle against the Empire.

((The_Anomaly))
no thats not actually true, there are other jedi who live, just vader kills them later....we just dont get too see it in ROTS

Mist
Yeah, as George himself said, not all the Jedi will die during ROTS. There is a 20yr gap between ep3 and 4, so a lot can happen.
I would like to see something like the Clone Wars, excpet obviously not THE clone wars, coz thats dead and buried, but you know what i mean? those kinds of battles and such.

PVS
actually i posted a thread on this a while back...but oh well

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=307517&highlight=confirmed

i think when a year or so passes we wont mind the idea of a tv series as much as now....its called withdrawal

Jedi Priestess
Speak for yourself babe, I'm ALWAYS going to hate it. laughing out loud

PVS
we shall see......

Jedi Priestess
Pffffffffft TRUST ME....TV Series=crap stick out tongue

Gundark
THANK YOU, JP ! TV series - bad idea. Let the 6 films R.I.P. !

IMHO, of course.

kegs202
I would rather see a TV series than no more Star Wars ever.

Cascador
I don't know if a tv serie is a bad idea...take a look at the indiana jones chronicles...I admit the actor playing indy is not the best choice, but he looked a bit like River Phoenix and the original idea was to use him in the tv serie or in new movies of a younger indy. But the special effects were great, the stories too...as long as they don't change into something like star trek...I'm fine with it.

lil bitchiness
I would have no problem with the TV series if it just let the saga LONE!

Make a TV Series if you want - but on something totally unrelated to Saga.

Bah, major suckage. ermm

Echuu
and they gotta have echuu shen jon in it! Happy Dance

Bespin Bart
roll eyes (sarcastic)

If they did part ways from the Saga, it would be great. No need to show more Anakin or Obi-Wan or Yoda than is needed!

Jedi on the run would be an interesting watch. Admit it, you know you always wanted to see a Jedi hack down stormtroopers at least ONCE... stick out tongue

Malic Clanorian
yea..i dont like the fact that obi wan or anakin would be played by somone else other then there ewan or hayden...i just flat out dont like it lol

Bespin Bart
They wouldn't do that. stick out tongue

Gundark
The bug is right - ain't no way that would happen.

The fans would storm Skywalker Ranch with torches and pitchforks.

Malic Clanorian
if it was a TV series im sure they would find replacement actors for them

Bespin Bart
...they just wouldn't have Anakin and Obi-Wan, Malic. Or they'd hire Ewan MacGregor to it. Anakin, however, is unneeded, seeing as he's in the Vader suit now. Anyone who tall enough could play him.

Malic Clanorian
you think Ewan would take a TV Series roll? i dont think he would..when he was on Jay Leno he didn't seem all into the Star Wars Series when Jay brought it up...even the rest of the cast...i believe they would find replacement cast members...and yea i konw about the Anakin/Vader situation i was just giving an example..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.